It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

rickynews
reply to post by Gryphon66

I'm not for publically funded birth control. However, I'm also a realist, and understand that birth control is here to stay, so the question shifts to who is expected to pay for it.

Regarding abortion...You say "buy a condem, save a baby"....others of liberal persuasion essentially say "save the trees, kill the babies".

The truth and reality is that a mothers womb used to be the safest place for an innocent, voiceless and growing human being baby...but now, its the most dangerous place.

I don't see how that is good, nor somehow an advancement for the human race.

Humans are going to have sex.

(You might be surprised that I myself find abortion extremely objectionable, personnally. Were I, by some miracle, in a situation where I was the father of a child, I would do everything I could to convince the mother to have the baby, even including agreeing to support her throughout the pregnancy and take custody of the child if she didn't want to raise him or her. However, it would be her choice. That's the ONLY way it can be.)

By promoting birth control, by making birth control as accessible and as easy to use as it can be, we can prevent many if not most undesired pregnancies. This would satisfy both the pro-life AND pro-choice sides of the equation ... given that ...

Out of all the things that we could spend money on ... why would birth control not be on the list?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Because it's a voluntary personal choice that costs $. It is not medical condition. Feeding the poor and helping the homeless are much greater priorities, and priorities do matter.
edit on 11-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I would wonder then why He designed a reproductive system that naturally aborts over half of all fertilized eggs/embryos before week 20.

He lost a bet with Satan!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

rickynews

Because it's a voluntary personal choice that costs $. It is not medical condition. Feeding the poor and helping the homeless are much greater priorities, and priorities do matter.

I just don't mind $0.000001 of my "tax dollar" going to potentially stop an abortion, regardless of my estimation of personal choice.

Opinions vary though.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Gryphon66

rickynews

I just don't mind $0.000001 of my "tax dollar" going to potentially stop an abortion, regardless of my estimation of personal choice.

Opinions vary though.

Don't forget though, in the case of publicly funded abortions, the costs go up exponentially, and there are real and significant and tangible costs to provide on-going (often years and years), of mental health treatment for those women who undergo an abortion..., only to have emotional and psychological effects from said trauma of the experience (guilt, regret, conscience, worthlessness, etc.....the list goes on and on). Are we suppose to be financially responsible for those costs too ?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

rickynews

Gryphon66

rickynews

Opinions vary though.

Don't forget though, in the case of publicly funded abortions, the costs go up exponentially, and there are real and significant and tangible costs to provide on-going (often years and years), of mental health treatment for those women who undergo an abortion..., only to have emotional and psychological effects from said trauma of the experience (guilt, regret, conscience, worthlessness, etc.....the list goes on and on). Are we suppose to be financially responsible for those costs too ?

I know that the standard anti-abortion rhetoric is that abortions cause vague psychological damage. I would argue that it is the culture of shame created by churches and, well, the tactics of the anti-abortion movement itself that is actually causing any psychological damage these women experience, so, my short answer would be yes, if you cause the damage, you pay for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Don't forget though, in the case of publicly funded abortions, the costs go up exponentially, and there are real and significant and tangible costs to provide on-going (often years and years), of mental health treatment for those women who undergo an abortion.

LOL! What leap of twisted logic! Hehe

I hate to break it to you, but women's lives don't revolve around mourning an unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

windword

Don't forget though, in the case of publicly funded abortions, the costs go up exponentially, and there are real and significant and tangible costs to provide on-going (often years and years), of mental health treatment for those women who undergo an abortion.

LOL! What leap of twisted logic! Hehe

I hate to break it to you, but women's lives don't revolve around mourning an unwanted pregnancy.

Perhaps some women who have had an abortion are not in need of therapy or emotional / mental health treatment, but the fact remains that many women who have had an abortion have had serious and persistent emotional and mental health problems, as a result of having the abortion, and not just for awhile, rather these emotional and mental health problems never going away, lasting their entire lives, including into their senior + elderly years. There is no question about it.
edit on 12-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

All the more reason that the public should be very concerned about making birth control easy to access and cheap!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

windword

All the more reason that the public should be very concerned about making birth control easy to access and cheap!

And certainly more reasons that the public should not subsidize, finance and pay for individuals that choose to practice birth control or abortions.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think the times when abortions are the most devistating mentally to a woman, is when after one she gets all religious and joins a church.

When you have the people your trusting to heal your soul telling you your a murder who better pray god will forgive her. Obviously that would give you mental issues. Since some women don't have mental problems after one... But all that have found Jesus do... You do the math on what caused them. Lol

Ricky your a walking talking point... Not a new thought in your head.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

rickynews

windword

And certainly more reasons that the public should not subsidize, finance and pay for individuals that choose to practice birth control or abortions.

Ricky, the public doesn't agree with you.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Gryphon66

rickynews

windword

Ricky, the public doesn't agree with you.

If you want to label Hobby Lobby as a Hyprocrite, then perhaps you should consider other hypocrites too.

Guess who said the following?

1. “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

2. “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

3. "We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…”

4. “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

5. “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

6. “And we will pursue the housing plan I’m outlining today. And through this plan, we will help between 7 and 9 million families restructure or refinance their mortgages so they can afford—avoid foreclosure.”

7. “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

8. “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

9. “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”

10. “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.”

11. “Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S.”

12. “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.”

13. “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

14. “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.”

15. “Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

16. “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’”

17. We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.”

18. “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

19. “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.”

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

When you lose the argument, change the subject!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Benevolent Heretic

When you lose the argument, change the subject!

When the Truth, Facts and Reality are on your side, speak up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That doesn't explain why your so vocal.

I think you have made up your own definition of the terms "truth - facts".

You have been proven wrong time and time again.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

rickynews
Perhaps some women who have had an abortion are not in need of therapy or emotional / mental health treatment, but the fact remains that many women who have had an abortion have had serious and persistent emotional and mental health problems, as a result of having the abortion, and not just for awhile, rather these emotional and mental health problems never going away, lasting their entire lives, including into their senior + elderly years. There is no question about it.

I do have a question about it. Do you have a source to back this up? Because everything I've read on it says that the percentage of women who even regret their having an abortion is fairly small. And "regret" is a LONG way from having "serious and persistent emotional and mental health problems," that lasted "their entire lives, including into their senior + elderly years."

In fact, the APA Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion Task Force found:

No evidence that having a single abortion causes mental health problems. The Task Force concluded that there is no credible evidence that a single elective abortion of an unwanted pregnancy in and of itself causes mental health problems for adult women.

American Psychological Association on Mental Health and Abortion

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Grimpachi

That doesn't explain why your so vocal.

I think you have made up your own definition of the terms "truth - facts".

You have been proven wrong time and time again.

I've always been vocal, and I like it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic

rickynews

I do have a question about it. Do you have a source to back this up? Because everything I've read on it says that the percentage of women who even regret their having an abortion is fairly small. And "regret" is a LONG way from having "serious and persistent emotional and mental health problems," that lasted "their entire lives, including into their senior + elderly years."

In fact, the APA Task Force on Mental Health and Abortion Task Force found:

No evidence that having a single abortion causes mental health problems. The Task Force concluded that there is no credible evidence that a single elective abortion of an unwanted pregnancy in and of itself causes mental health problems for adult women.

American Psychological Association on Mental Health and Abortion

Even 1 mother who has regrets or emotional issues from having had an abortion..., is 1 too many.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

You are working under the premise that I believe Religious Institutions should have different rules. The shouldn't.

But.....if you and the Govt were to actually abide by the Constitution and BoR, then this crap wouldn't be an issue, because the Federal Govt was not granted any ability to either give different standing to religious/non-religious groups nor forcing someone to provide something to someone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join