It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 years since NATO aggression on Yugoslavia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
NATO agression in numbers :
2,300 missiles
14,000 bombs including depleted uranium and cluster bombs

'Collateral Damage':
2,000 civilians
300 schools
20 hospitals
Most of the industry destroyed, worth mentioning destruction of highly toxic chemical factories
majority of bridges destroyed
not to mention long term harm to region's ecology and people's health.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

Even to this day Serbs in Belgrade are dying at an alarming rate as the results of those beloved NATO air bombing that has left over after the war, even healthy born babies dont live very long in Belgrade. As the result of the bombing the spread of cancer has increased.

This is the kind of NATO that some are defending here.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by cosmonova

Even to this day Serbs in Belgrade are dying at an alarming rate as the results of those beloved NATO air bombing that has left over after the war, even healthy born babies dont live very long in Belgrade. As the result of the bombing the spread of cancer has increased.

This is the kind of NATO that some are defending here.
edit on 30-3-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

I was visiting Serbia and Belgrade in 2003. The damage was still visible everywhere quite scary stuff to see it first hand.
Had conversation with many people and heard some horror stories.
Just amazing that no one was charged with war crimes for those atrocities.
Clinton, Blaire, Solana....they are all war criminals in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In the center of Belgrade, you have buildings that were destroyed during the NATO bombing. They were left that way so the future generations never forget.

And I wouldn't say that the situation is that bad in Belgrade. I think it doesn't affect new born babies, but the people who lived during those times, causing them a serious health issues.

Not to mention there are still who knows how many unactivated bombs across Serbia and Montenegro.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

(Facepalm) So you're also denying that the Serbs did anything nasty at all???

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
You'd better be glad about Cp. Bondsteel that big old bear is growling hungry again...

Bear was always welcome in those parts of the world. Much more than those who dropped 14,000 depleted uranium and cluster bombs on schools, hospitals and killed 2000 people, all for the sake of building that Camp Bondsteel .

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
show of hands, how many of you guys got a poster of slobydon hanging over your bed and go to sleep with the serbian national anthem playing on your ipod.

you guys are almost as bad as the taliban supporters. pfft.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
show of hands, how many of you guys got a poster of slobydon hanging over your bed and go to sleep with the serbian national anthem playing on your ipod.

you guys are almost as bad as the taliban supporters. pfft.

I like when someone enter discussion with solid arguments. Anything else constructive to add?
Do you support what NATO did in Yugoslavia?
What is slobydon by the way?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

cosmonova
I like when someone enter discussion with solid arguments. Anything else constructive to add?
Do you support what NATO did in Yugoslavia?
What is slobydon by the way?

It's a reference to Milosevic.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

cosmonova

When you uncork the bottle and all that. Regardless of the numbers, NATOs intervention stopped Serbian aggression in its tracks. Literally. NATO did the job the UN had tasked them to do. The aggression ended and peace was imposed.

Regards

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

paraphi

cosmonova

When you uncork the bottle and all that. Regardless of the numbers, NATOs intervention stopped Serbian aggression in its tracks. Literally. NATO did the job the UN had tasked them to do. The aggression ended and peace was imposed.

Regards

The Ivans don't like that.. but it is true

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

paraphi

cosmonova

Regards

NATO had no approval by UN Security Council, once again, I do not know why are you repeating 'UN has tasked them to do'.
That is absolutely incorrect.
It was an open agression on sovereign country, the same thing happened in Iraq and Lybia.
Those are facts.
Also, how can Serbia be an aggressor on its territory, protecting its sovereignity from separatists in Kosovo?
It was the rightful thing to do.
Do you think US would let separatists inTexas to ever use force in obtaining their goals?
And to get back to main reason for NATO agression, Camp Bondsteel, strategic US base, the largest in Balkans.
'Wag the Dog 'was just standard story (read genocide, rapes,blah blah) to justify said aggression.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

cosmonova
NATO had no approval by UN Security Council, once again, I do not know why are you repeating 'UN has tasked them to do'.
It was an open agression on sovereign country, the same thing happened in Iraq and Lybia.
Those are facts.
Also, how can Serbia be an aggressor on its territory, protecting its sovereignity from separatists in Kosovo?
Do you think US would let separatists inTexas to ever use force in obtaining their goals?
And to get back to main reason for NATO agression, Camp Bondsteel, strategic US base, the largest in Balkans.
'Wag the Dog 'was just standard story (read genocide, rapes,blah blah) to justify said aggression.

So ethnic cleansing is just fine and dandy? I'm not saying that the KLA were saints, they could be every bit as brutal as the Serbs. However, the Serbs had the tanks and their version of ethnic cleansing was even more heavy-handed then their brothers had been in Croatia and Bosnia.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

cosmonova

Sometimes I despair at people's blind observance to a made up world view. The past is well documented.

Try the following. If you don't like the source then look up the UN. If you don't like the UN then methinks you'll never move forward.

UN Resolution 1244
www.nato.int...

All UN Resolutions pertaining to Yugoslavia et al
www.nato.int...

Regards

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

cosmonova
Those are facts.

So ethnic cleansing is just fine and dandy? I'm not saying that the KLA were saints, they could be every bit as brutal as the Serbs. However, the Serbs had the tanks and their version of ethnic cleansing was even more heavy-handed then their brothers had been in Croatia and Bosnia.

Once again please open another topic if you want to discuss Bosnia and Croatia.
By the way, Croatia 1995, 'Oluja' ring a bell? 250,000 Serbs expelled from Croatia in 2 days.
In regards to Kosovo, ethnic cleansing has started a long before 1999, late 70' and early 80' Serbs were being expelled from Kosovo.
That is a time when Separatist movement for independent Kosovo step up.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

paraphi

cosmonova

Sometimes I despair at people's blind observance to a made up world view. The past is well documented.

Try the following. If you don't like the source then look up the UN. If you don't like the UN then methinks you'll never move forward.

UN Resolution 1244
www.nato.int...

www.nato.int...

Regards

Lol I made a topic about NATO agression on Yugoslavia and you want me to read NATO justification for agression on NATO website.
Show me a documemt from UN Security Council that authorised NATO to attack Yugoslavia.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

paraphi

cosmonova

UN Resolution 1244
www.nato.int...

www.nato.int...

Regards

By the way Resolution 1244 was adopted on 10.06.1999. at the end of agression which started on 23.03. 1999.
edit on 30-3-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Air War in Kosovo which started in March, 1999 was based on Resolution 1199, not 1244.

(Source: US State Department)

and for history's sake, I found a very good timeline of events with the ebb and flow, as well as background events that were happening at the time and may have played some role with speed or type of reaction to Kosovo.

A Kosovo Chronology

Hope that helps a bit.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

cosmonova
Lol I made a topic about NATO agression on Yugoslavia and you want me to read NATO justification for agression on NATO website.
Show me a documemt from UN Security Council that authorised NATO to attack Yugoslavia.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the links I gave were merely the UN Resolutions, as written. Within the narrative you'll see the detail, or perhaps you won't.

You can LOL as much as you want, but your statement that NATOs intervention to stop continued Serbian aggression (and aggression by all parties, to be fair), was illegal etc. is just wrong. The facts of the past are well documented. If you choose to ignore and create a completely different fantasy, then that's your affair I suppose.

Regards

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

cosmonova
Once again please open another topic if you want to discuss Bosnia and Croatia.
By the way, Croatia 1995, 'Oluja' ring a bell? 250,000 Serbs expelled from Croatia in 2 days.
In regards to Kosovo, ethnic cleansing has started a long before 1999, late 70' and early 80' Serbs were being expelled from Kosovo.
That is a time when Separatist movement for independent Kosovo step up.

Ah, yes, Operation Storm. What happened before that again? Oh yes, the attempt to build a Greater Serbia by expelling Croats in 1991. Of course, this is bringing up the possibility of a "But he did it first!" marathon...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join