It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

So you're saying there's no path to salvation for someone who's born gay?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Bone75

If you are a Christian you should know what the Bible says about homosexuality and though it is brief the message is pretty clear.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.. (Cor 6:9-10)

So if homosexuality is considered "unrighteous" it is also considered "unbeliever, Idolatry" etc. How can a Homosexual be a religious minister in the first place if it is against the very teachings he's ministering for?
edit on 2-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

DarknStormy

Bone75

If you are a Christian you should know what the Bible says about homosexuality and though it is brief the message is pretty clear.

Tell ya what, start a thread about whether repenting homosexuals are going to heaven or not and I'll be happy to debate you there. As for this thread, I'll admit its a little humiliating to be one of the 2 posters left and we're both Christians arguing with each other.

No wonder why everyone thinks Christianity is a joke.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Bone75

DarknStormy

Bone75

Tell ya what, start a thread about whether repenting homosexuals are going to heaven or not and I'll be happy to debate you there. As for this thread, I'll admit its a little humiliating to be one of the 2 posters left and we're both Christians arguing with each other.

No wonder why everyone thinks Christianity is a joke.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just stating what the Bible says. It's each individuals choice how they lead their lives and a good Christian must also respect that because who am I or you too judge someone else? But if The Bible is based off faith and one calls themselves a true Christian, then at the same time they must submit to the teachings of the Bible otherwise they are lying to themselves. What did Jesus do? He taught through religion and paid the ultimate price for doing that. But he never was sidetracked by anything, no desires, no pleasures, no lusts. Because he is the head figure or the Messiah, no less should be expected from his true followers also. No one is perfect in this world but one can achieve Spiritual perfection through the spiritual teachings because the things of this world and of the spiritual world are two completely different worlds and if a person is obsessed with the pleasures, desires, lusts etc of the world we live in, then that person cannot be spiritual at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

So only Buddhist monks can get to heaven then?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Buddhism teaches that one has to restrain their worldly desires to reach Enlightenment. Because thats an unrealistic goal for most people (homosexuals and heterosexuals alike), they created Christianity, so that you could be forgiven for being a lecher and still go to a nice place in the afterlife.

edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Buddhism teaches that one has to restrain their worldly desires to reach Enlightenment.

What, like these Buddhist monks?

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.globalpost.com...
articles.chicagotribune.com...

There's plenty more.
People really shouldn't hold Buddhism up as a shining example of what religion should be, there's plenty of 'evil' Buddhist's in the world.
Seems to me there's good and bad in all religions.

Just as there's heterosexuals and homosexuals in every religion and belief system.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

...which only confirms that the high standards of buddhist thought are unrealistic for humans, including Buddhists.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Buddhism is a great philosophy and pretty much shows what a righteous Christian should be like. Notice how they are in touch with their mind, body and soul? They are in touch with their Spirit and in a Christians case this would be the Spirit of God. Now let's take the Burmese military dictatorship for Example, they are more in touch with controlling people through oppression and violence. They are not in touch with the Spiritual realm but are more interested in controlling the Physical realm around them.. Spirituality comes from within, not what's around you.

So do only Buddhist Monks go to heaven? I don't think it's a case of anyone going to heaven, We need to bring heaven closer to us and this can only be achieved if people understand the true meaning of not only Christianity and Buddhism, but all the religions because when it gets down to the nitty gritty they all pretty much teach the same message. Don't be greedy, have a little self control, care for each other, don't do or create evil things, shun evil etc...

Stop focusing on the bad things and look for the enlightening wisdom. Remember, there is good and bad in everything and the Bible would only be lying if it omitted all the bad stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Marriage has lost it's value long ago. Among with other things in this modern era. Now, it is just a peace of paper.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

woodwardjnr
I've just witnessed the biggest thunderstorm of the year. I believe this was gods way of saying he was unhappy with this news.

VOTE UKIP
edit on 28-3-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Dude, so wrong. God threw a party to celebrate, you just saw the strobes and felt the mad beat.

Congrats to the UK! Now of only the rest of the world, particularly those who hide behind ancient Middle Eastern bigotry in a book (lmao, suckers) would get it through their heads that denying certain people their right to ALL legal marital perks because they don't like their choice in love is about cave-dwelling as it gets. Who a gay person boinks has no relation to who you boink, and their marriage has no ill effect on yours. Gay people marrying isn't going to wreck my marriage, and if they did, I had a really weaksauce one to begin with, wouldn't you agree? Same goes for the naysayers, if you think a gay marriage weakens or devalues yours, you already have a crumbly one, no help needed. Grow up, and keep the heavy petting with the Book to yourselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Really just a simple minded response because firstly, Democracy is not religious and therefore has nothing to do with God, second why would god (assuming he or it is real) commend gay marriage and then the secular government that legalised it? Or are you talking about the God of the underworld?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

I agree,legal or illegal,it's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It can't be called marriage. Marriage means being joined and gay people can't be joined. They should maybe call it a friendship contract or something like that. In any case, Homosexuality is still against the law in Russia and Iran.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Fromabove

It can't be called marriage. Marriage means being joined and gay people can't be joined. They should maybe call it a friendship contract or something like that. In any case, Homosexuality is still against the law in Russia and Iran.

Your right.. Marriage is the coming together of a man and a woman and through there marriage and offspring become one. A gay couple cannot have this and never will regardless of whether they obtain children through other means.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

DarknStormy
Your right.. Marriage is the coming together of a man and a woman and through there marriage and offspring become one. A gay couple cannot have this and never will regardless of whether they obtain children through other means.

Are you saying that the only point of marriage is procreate?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

In any case, Homosexuality is still against the law in Russia and Iran.

You made exactly the same point back on the second page of this thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question I asked in response to you then remains unanswered so I'll ask it again;
" And since when has Russian laws and jurisprudence had any influence or relevance on UK Law?"

And do you really think we should be following Iran's example on anything?

If not then where is the relevance? Just what was the point of your post?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

Are you saying that the only point of marriage is procreate?

The point of marriage is to find someone of the opposite sex who you love and then obviously most people who find that go on to have children which usually further strengthens their bond. Through that child the two people become one, they are binded together and each have a responsibility and obligation to each other. Back in the day, sex before marriage was a no-no so it's understandable that it doesn't work this way in the modern world because people just run around shagging who they choose for their own "Pleasure and Lust".

The idea of not being a Fornicator is a test of self control and finding the right person through their intellect rather than that one night stand that leads to you finding out someone's true colours down the track and realising they were not the right person for you. Next thing you know, we have poor kids running around with broken families and we wonder why societies younger generation are the way they are. Then they likely go on to do the same thing and the process repeats itself again. So do I think that "Procreation" is the only point of marriage? Of course not, A strong marriage with good morals can teach our younger generations great things. But do I feel the same about Homosexual marriage and adopting children etc? Well Homosexuality is more of a "Lust/Pleasure/Desire" than being born gay and this should not be taught to our children, well I won't be teaching it to my daughters anyway. It simply goes against the laws of nature anyway.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sorry for butting in and interrupting but.....some things just need to be replied to.

The point of marriage is to find someone of the opposite sex who you love and then obviously most people who find that go on to have children which usually further strengthens their bond.

Many married couples either can't or don't want to have children.....and they have incredibly loving and lasting relationships, regardless of sexuality.

Back in the day, sex before marriage was a no-no so it's understandable that it doesn't work this way in the modern world because people just run around shagging who they choose for their own "Pleasure and Lust".

Nonsense.
There's always been 'sex before marriage'.

As for 'shagging who they choose for their own "Pleasure and Lust"', so what?
If its consenting adults and they aren't hurting anyone just what is the problem with that?

Some people have far too many hang-up's about sex.

'Fornicator'?
Do you know how repressed you sound?

Its a great experience - if God hadn't wanted it to be enjoyed he wouldn't have made it so enjoyable, would he?
Or is it all a 'test'?

.....we have poor kids running around with broken families and we wonder why societies younger generation are the way they are.

Yes, we do have 'poor kids running around with broken families', guess what? We always have. It was just that society chose to ignore it before.
But I do agree there has been a breakdown of the family unit and it hasn't been entirely beneficial to society at large.
And the reasons for that are many and far too complicated to be discussed at length here without straying way off topic.
But I don't think you can attribute much, if any, of that down to 'homosexuality' and it has absolutely zero relevance on whether gay people should be allowed equal marriage rights.

A strong marriage with good morals can teach our younger generations great things.

Agreed.
But as far as I can see those 'good morals' include treating others as I'd like to be treat myself, belief in and defence of equality and justice for all and compassion for my fellow human beings.

...... Homosexuality is more of a "Lust/Pleasure/Desire" than being born gay.....

How on earth do you work that out?
On what do you base that gross assumption?

.... and this should not be taught to our children,.....

Sexuality is simply what is; Homosexuality can no more be taught than Heterosexuality can be.

Personally I don't agree with any sort of 'Gay Agenda' being taught or implemented to the exclusion of Heterosexuality - but I see little or no evidence of that - certainly not with regards to Gay Marriage.

...... well I won't be teaching it to my daughters anyway.

You couldn't even if you wanted to.
But its your choice to do as you see fit - and I'd defend your right to do so.
But be careful, karma has a habit of biting you in the arse.

It simply goes against the laws of nature anyway.

Does it?
edit on 3/4/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join