It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

DarknStormy
And how's that so? Because I don't see how the are contrary to the message of Jesus at all. If anything they are pretty much telling you plain and clear what is and isn't required under the law of Jesus.

What the hell is an Agnostic? Is that 1/2 atheist/believer or something?
edit on 1-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

You're seriously claiming that women should sit down and shut up in church? That they should be submissive?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy
And how's that so? Because I don't see how the are contrary to the message of Jesus at all. If anything they are pretty much telling you plain and clear what is and isn't required under the law of Jesus.

You're seriously claiming that women should sit down and shut up in church? That they should be submissive?

I'm not claiming it, that's what is written..

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It was written 2000 years ago...times have changed, we have equality laws to stop nonsense like that.
If you really agree with it all I feel sorry for you.
Again you are cherry picking what you want first it is against gay folk getting married now you agree with the shutting up of women.
Were you born in 1812?.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

DarknStormy

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

Written by Paul, consider the source. On some stuff he's very good, and wrote some fine poetic language. On the topic of women he had a massive disconnect with his better angel. I was serious when I said he was probably tossed over, hurt, ignored, by a few women in his life. Every man falls in love, it's the biological nature of the beast, and Paul would have fallen in love when he was a young guy with passion (can't deny the guy had passion when he put his mind on something), and the woman or women he liked may have married others and it ate him up inside. Paul was a hater, remember? He hunted down Christians, that was his day job for a long time. He had to have a hater personality to do that so well. For much of his life Paul did not earn or deserve the "Saint" in front of his name. So please, consider that his view of women may have been skewed by his life experience.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

DarknStormy

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

And people should obey it, just because it's written? Fer flips sake, the Bible is a selection of Bronze and Iron Age myths, with the attitude of much of the time attached. According to 1 Kings 7.23 pi is three, which is wrong! And according to the Bible it's a crime to not be circumcised, it's a crime to have sex with a woman who's having her period but oh yes slavery is just fine (Leviticus 25:44)!
So, are you going to suggest that because the Bible says it's ok, we should bring back slavery?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

boymonkey74

It was written 2000 years ago...times have changed, we have equality laws to stop nonsense like that.
Again you are cherry picking what you want first it is against gay folk getting married now you agree with the shutting up of women.
Were you born in 1812?.

No, but when it comes to the Church, it is the teaching and who gave anyone the right to change the teachings in the first place? I will explain myself again... I don't care whether homosexuals get married, that is out of my control and I know that but I can also disagree with it at the same time. To understand spirituality you must be spiritually minded and that is something you can never be and I really do feel sorry for you... Times may of changed but where does it say the teachings of the bible should be changed as time goes on? It doesn't. It clearly states that transgressors should be avoided and when I look at the disgusting world today and the degenerates running around all I think is: You are the proof that religion is spot on. So give yourself a pat on the back because what you are doing is actually proving the bible is correct. I laugh because it clearly explains people like you will start popping up everywhere

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

DarknStormy
No, but when it comes to the Church, it is the teaching and who gave anyone the right to change the teachings in the first place? I will explain myself again... I don't care whether homosexuals get married, that is out of my control and I know that but I can also disagree with it at the same time. To understand spirituality you must be spiritually minded and that is something you can never be and I really do feel sorry for you... Times may of changed but where does it say the teachings of the bible should be changed as time goes on? It doesn't. It clearly states that transgressors should be avoided and when I look at the disgusting world today and the degenerates running around all I think is: You are the proof that religion is spot on. So give yourself a pat on the back because what you are doing is actually proving the bible is correct. I laugh because it clearly explains people like you will start popping up everywhere

Degenerates? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

DarknStormy

boymonkey74

Were you born in 1812?.

I laugh because it clearly explains people like you will start popping up everywhere

If people like him start popping up everywhere there're going to be a lot of clean cats.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

And people should obey it, just because it's written? Fer flips sake, the Bible is a selection of Bronze and Iron Age myths, with the attitude of much of the time attached. According to 1 Kings 7.23 pi is three, which is wrong! And according to the Bible it's a crime to not be circumcised, it's a crime to have sex with a woman who's having her period but oh yes slavery is just fine (Leviticus 25:44)!
So, are you going to suggest that because the Bible says it's ok, we should bring back slavery?

That's the great thing about it, it's your choice whether you obey it or not. I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just showing you what is written. According to the Bible its a crime to be Unrighteous and that is regardless of whether you are circumcised or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Sorry dude I am very spiritual but I have figured it out myself and not taken another mans version of it....that is lazy that is religion lazy spiritualism.
I will not preach what I believe because it is personal to me..no one else. But I will say one thing about it....my God doesn't judge others because of who they love.
But you keep following your club which accepts slavery, putting women down and allowing the death sentence for just being human...I and many will not.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

DarknStormy
That's the great thing about it, it's your choice whether you obey it or not. I'm not trying to convert anyone, I'm just showing you what is written. According to the Bible its a crime to be Unrighteous and that is regardless of whether you are circumcised or not.

Well, that makes me really unrighteous for daring to scoff at it. And it's interesting that you're saying that you can pick and choose from the Bible. So, you admit that chunks of it are ludicrous?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I must ask, have you yourself ever worn (or do you own now) a piece of clothing made from two different fabrics? If so, why don't you stone yourself to death, as the bible asks you to do. Have you gone through your closet to get rid of clothes made from two different fabrics? Have you stoned people to death who you know for a fact are wearing clothes made from two different fabrics? If you haven't done this, then why are you still taking that book literally and using it to live your life by?

The best part of the bible, imnho, is the sermon on the mount and some of Jesus' other sayings and discoveries. His stuff is a world away from the old testament and some of Paul's writings.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Like I said before cherry picking to disguise their own bigotry.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Like I said before cherry picking to disguise their own bigotry.

Likely true. And I must make a personal promise to you that I will not put up an April fool's thread this year *smiley face here*

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Blimey I remember that lol a year ago already I must be getting old lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

And how's that so? Because I don't see how the are contrary to the message of Jesus at all.

My interpretation of The Bible, (bear in mind that The Bible was assembled many, many years after Jesus's lifetime and was heavily edited to include only that which complied with what those who had come to control the church wished people to hear and read), is that Jesus's message and whole being is quite at odds with the vengeful, wrathful and at times even hateful 'God' of the Old Testament. That's why his teachings so offended the Jewish hierarchy of the times. His seems to be a message of compassion, consideration and understanding. In addition he actively confronted the accepted social norms of the day and challenged dogmatic creed. His teachings also seem to have something of the esoteric about them.
The last thing anyone could describe Paul as is compassionate, considerate or understanding.
He seems quite the angry, petty man consumed with a desire to impose his interpretations of Jesus's teachings and his control over the blossoming Christian religion. He preaches adherence to dogmatic creed and the authority of the church and the clergy over the ordinary, everyday followers of Christ.

If anything they are pretty much telling you plain and clear what is and isn't required under the law of Jesus.

Paul is telling what he believes is or isn't required under Jesus - sometimes that seems quite at odds to Jesus's actual teachings according to the accepted four Gospels.

Do you really need me to explain that?

I think the question of 'Gods' existence is ultimately unprovable - so why bother worrying over it or whatever attached dogmatic creed you choose to follow, be it of a theist or atheist slant, its pointless.
Acts and deeds.

But that's not what this thread is about - if you'd like to discuss scripture and / or theist and atheist blind faith and dogma well then feel free to post in one of the numerous threads on such subjects and point me in the appropriate direction and we'll continue the discussion there.

Back on topic; Exactly why are you so opposed to gay marriage - please, without any biblical references etc.
Why are you so opposed to it?

If its because it goes against Gods teachings then surely its up to God to judge, not you - or are you his appointed representative?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Sorry dude I am very spiritual but I have figured it out myself and not taken another mans version of it....that is lazy that is religion lazy spiritualism.
I will not preach what I believe because it is personal to me..no one else. But I will say one thing about it....my God doesn't judge others because of who they love.
But you keep following your club which accepts slavery, putting women down and allowing the death sentence for just being human...I and many will not.

You don't have a God... Because what you and many others believe gets people killed all over the world and then my religion gets blamed by ignorant people like yourself. Religion hasn't led people astray in today's world, religion has taken a step back, Democracy is the cause of all the problems on this planet right now. So before you go quoting some Jewish fables from the past, why don't you actually quote something relevant to today's world because there are many verses which re talking about today's world and who to watch out for.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

DarknStormy
You don't have a God... Because what you and many others believe gets people killed all over the world and then my religion gets blamed by ignorant people like yourself. Religion hasn't led people astray in today's world, religion has taken a step back, Democracy is the cause of all the problems on this planet right now. So before you go quoting some Jewish fables from the past, why don't you actually quote something relevant to today's world because there are many verses which re talking about today's world and who to watch out for.

So 9/11 was caused by a bunch of supporters of the Alternate Vote? And 'Jewish fables from the past'??? I thought that you were defending the bible?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am not bothered by gay people at all live and let live i say as long as they do not shove my face in it [ pun intended ]

you could have ended up like that so let them get on with it they seem happy and all the more work for divorce lawyer's so everyone win's

BUT BUT every television[ PROGRAMME ] has gay people in it the stat's say 0.3 % of the population are that way but when you turn the devil box on in your room everyone and their brother seem's to be that way .

In television land ? every street has a gay couple look around your neighbor hood is it like that

We are being played like a deck of card's for some bigger agenda one that i am glad that i am not involved in and before you flame away read the first part of my post again ?

Think 20 maybe 40 or 50 years down the [LINE] members of ats what will be acceptable then

the gay [ happy] people are being used like pawns in a game by TPTB now it is gay to read i have seen on the interweb thingy can you see the game at play

GOD [whoever ] made adam n eve or bob n steve let them get on with their lives nothing to do with you smile and be happy

it is the 1% that are pushing something further down the line that i care about

AND what it is i do not want to know [ps monkey watch your drink you might end up with a baboon's back end [jk]
]

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I don't defend the Old Testament because that is exactly what the Jews live by today. And seeing what they have done over the last 65 years they are a disgrace to humanity. The New Testament is a rendering of the Old and because of that, the Old Testament is merely a reference point for the New. I'm not a Jew so I do not care about the Old Testament.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join