It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

DarknStormy
Your country is not a Christian country to start with. Your country have made an imitation religion which contradicts every aspect of the Bible and that includes the so called religious authorities. They are servants to Democracy, not religion and therefore are nothing more than hypocrites and liars.

Excuse, me, what?

If anything, the Church of England and protestantism in general is closer to the original values of the Church than Catholicism. On that note, it is worth pointing out that the good majority of Churches in the US are of the protestant flavour, if slightly more fundamentalist and evangelical. So what exactly, pray tell, are you babbling on about?

You are of course aware that the Bible, as it stands, is a bastardised version of a book that was re-written in the 4th Century by a Roman Emperor and his buddies to try and control the new fangled cult which was sweeping through the Empire and has pretty much bugger all to do with the "word of God" and more to do with the "whims of Man".

For example, it states that on the first day, he created the Earth, the second day he created plants and animals, but on the 3rd day he created the Sun and Moon (stating the Moon as a separate and independent light source as well!). Now, surely if the Bible was the work of God, he'd get this right? As it stands, it is just making God look like:

A) A liar
B) An idiot
C) He doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

DarknStormy
No I agree with the Bible, and again it's not just homosexuality but other issues also.

Actually, Me Righteous, it is! It is your obligation as a Good and Righteous Christian to spread the word of God and convert people to the true path of Righteousness.

But it's not "your responsibility"? You cherry picking hypocrite.

DarknStormy
Deuteronomy is the Jewish teaching from that part of history and has no bearing on todays world. Why? Because a new commandment came through Jesus Christ. But since you brought it up I will respond anyway. As you should of seen that child was a Glutton and a Drunkard. So do you actually think that person was an actual child? Think about it.. All it says is the son is stubborn, rebellious, a glutton and a drunkard. Where does it say that the person is a kid or a teenager? A son can also be an adult.

New Testament, Old testament - it's all bollocks. But just to make you happy, here's some crazy from Jeebus himself:

Anyone who even looks at a women with "lust" is committing Adultery. Same punishment applies.

Jesus advocates destroying cities that neither "receive" or "hear" the Word of God. Mark 10:14-15

And Jesus even said he wasn't here to abolish the Laws of the Prophets (Old testament laws) but to fulfil them.

He even approves of the cruel punishments in those laws Mark 5:17

DarknStormy

Also I can't believe in this day and age people follow a book which is so anti female....
It's not anti female..

Yes, it is. It states, among many things, women should be shunned once a month... Although I actually see the sense in that one, but it clearly demonstrates the Bible was written by Men for Men.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well said - people were getting married long before Jeebus and Co turned up and people are getting married now in countries where they have no interest in Jeebus.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Nikola014
reply to post by Freeborn

I will answer you that. Yes, it goes against the laws of nature. Why? Well, the answer is very simple. You cannot reproduce. Life could not exist if we were all homosexuals. You can deny it as much as you can, but homosexuality is connected with DNA mutations. If not so, than everyone would be gay.

Everything is as a result of DNA mutations, so what's your point? Even if being Gay is genetic, that surely then means that it isn't their fault/choice? And if you believe in God, then you must then believe it is His will that they have this mutation?

There will also come a time, in the very near future, were being the same sex as your partner will be no barrier to procreating.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

stumason

Bone75
Ahhh there's the thumb in the eye of religion that I was looking for. That's all it is. This issue has nothing to do with equal rights. I wonder what this means for ministers that don't want to perform gay marriages?

Nope, because they won't be forced to do anything they do not want to - that provision has been put in to the Act.

Well good, the ministers won't be forced to do anything they don't want to. Good for them. What about the baker who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Bone75

stumason

Bone75
Ahhh there's the thumb in the eye of religion that I was looking for. That's all it is. This issue has nothing to do with equal rights. I wonder what this means for ministers that don't want to perform gay marriages?

Nope, because they won't be forced to do anything they do not want to - that provision has been put in to the Act.

Well good, the ministers won't be forced to do anything they don't want to. Good for them. What about the baker who doesn't want to make a cake for a gay wedding?

A church is like a private club, and you can restrict access to anyone you want in a private club. You have to apply for membership in a private club. When the baker has a bakery where you have to apply for membership to purchase a cake, then the baker can restrict anyone he/she wants.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Bone75

If he or she is stupid enough to turn down the money to make it, then they can do so. Makes no sense to me (business is business), but they can do so if they wish.
edit on 5-4-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

stumason

Are you a Mason? Serious question...
edit on 5-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

DarknStormy

stumason

What's that got to do with anything???

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DarknStormy

stumason

What's that got to do with anything???

I know it's got nothing to do with you because I wasn't asking you...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Bone75

If the baker is a bigot and turns it down on the basis he refuses to bake for Gay's, then he is committing an offence and will be prosecuted, much like the couple who ran a B&B were. However, if he is a smart, bigoted baker then he can refuse the business on any other grounds, like not enough time, too fully booked etc.

Not that I am sure why any business would turn down a customer based solely on who they like to have sex with. It is a tad idiotic and based on nothing but hate.

DarknStormy
Are you a Mason? Serious question..

I was born a Mason, there is nothing I can do to change that, not that I would want to.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

stumason

DarknStormy
Are you a Mason? Serious question..

I was born a Mason, there is nothing I can do to change that, not that I would want to.

You sir, win the Internets!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
You sir, win the Internets!

It would seem I have - it certainly shut him up!

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join