It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police video of killing an illegal camper.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Sremmos80

And you see him get those knifes after he gets flashed, as before that he was walking down with his hands full of gear...

Actually you can't tell exactly when he had them in his hand as that isn't conclusive with either video.

He had the choice to end this peacefully before this happened and he chose to go the other route after pulling knives when he didn't have to.

Well you can see that his is putting all his gear on and picking things up with his hands, is he doing all of that with just his thumb and index finger? As that is all he would have available to him if he had both his knifes in his hand.
They were simple pocket knifes that I bet he had in his pocket, you can see him drop his gear after getting flashed and start grabbing at this waist...Seems to me that is when the knifes come out.
He raises his arms a little as he gains orientation, he then starts to TURN AWAY FROM THE OFFICERS and get shot...
I won't go as far as saying he was going to the ground, but he definitely was not making an aggressive move towards any of the officers. All the officers were in tazer/pepper spray range. You say they might not have had them? I find that hard to believe, these men killed another man and were excited about it
The booyah is another thing i noticed you wont mention. You know how sick and morbid it is and proves these cops did want to shot this man

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by WCmutant

What is even more infuriating is to hear one of the officers say "Booyah!" after the guy has been shot.

Can you positively say that it couldn't be a command for the K9 dog, and are you 100% sure that it was that word and not something similar?

What command would be given in under the breath type of tone?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

HE THEN DROPS HIS ARMS AND TURNS AROUND AND GETS SHOT!!!
STOP LEAVING THE PART WHERE HE TURNS AROUND OUT OF YOUR CHAIN OF EVENTS!

Yet he still had two knives he wouldn't drop, so why are you leaving that part out.

He was not even given the opportunity to drop his knifes... He was shot within 10 seconds of the flash grenade going off

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

1. They approached him

No they didn't. Not in the video till the end.

3. There's a police to police command - "Do it"

For the flashbang.

4. Flash bang goes and they start screaming "get on the ground"

That is usually what happens after the flash bang, they tell you to get on the ground.

5. They send the dog in at the same time

Again something that usually happens after a flash bang, also the dog is considered a form of less than legal alternative.

6. He drops his gear and turns to what looks to be getting on the ground.

Looks can be deceiving.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He was not even given the opportunity to drop his knifes... He was shot within 10 seconds of the flash grenade going off

Do you know for sure that it wasn't a bean bag he was shot with first, until he ultimately pulled two knives and used them in a way that posed danger to the K9 they had no reason to use lethal force.

Had he not pulled the knives it wouldn't have ended that way.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What command would be given in under the breath type of tone?

Well the fact that I don't train K9 dogs for the police I couldn't tell you, but I do know that certain commands are used that are only known by the dog and the officer so that a criminal cannot give that command.

I guess it would be like a verbal firewall of sorts.

(post by imitator removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

They were simple pocket knifes that I bet he had in his pocket,

And that changes what, because you can do some damage with a simple pocket knife.

And again he didn't have to pull them out now did he, as that was his decision that just turned out to be the wrong one.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Do you know for sure that it wasn't a bean bag he was shot with first, until he ultimately pulled two knives and used them in a way that posed danger to the K9 they had no reason to use lethal force.

Had he not pulled the knives it wouldn't have ended that way.

Yes I will say that in the first round of shooting the shot gun was not used. You can hear the sound of a shotgun action, as you hear it later when they are abusing this mans body laying on the ground
He did not use his hands in a way that posed an danger to the k-9...
And they did have other choices then lethal force, they CHOSE not to take those options and go straight to shooting
The guy that the video was shot from didn't want to get left out of the party and fired late and almost over his fellow officers shoulder. The same guy that was hired under the stipulation that he would never carry a firearm
TThe man made no aggressive move at any of the officers(k9 included).
You can see that in the video, HE TURNS AROUND AND GETS SHOT IN THE BACK, these cops were COWARDS

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

They were simple pocket knifes that I bet he had in his pocket,

And that changes what, because you can do some damage with a simple pocket knife.

And again he didn't have to pull them out now did he, as that was his decision that just turned out to be the wrong one.

Except for it is a rather natural reaction to reach for something to defend your self with... Why is this man not allowed to defend him self!?
He was just flash banged, if he has the muscle memory to reach for his knifes when he feels threaten then it wasn't really his decision rather instinct just taking over

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Except for it is a rather natural reaction to reach for something to defend your self with... Why is this man not allowed to defend him self!?

Look I have already said there should have been a better solution, but that decision rests solely on the man that was shot.

Let's see this man had these officers there for three hours so why didn't he do as he was asked, and that we don't know nor do we know the actions of the individual that needed the police in the first place.

Yes, you can defend yourself but you have to consider the consequences of that action and even more if a police officer is involved and it seems that when a K9 is involved they are even more protective.

I don't like to see these things happen, but when they do you have to look at it from both sides even if you despise one side.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by RickyD

They sent the dog in to f*%@ him up cause they were pissed about spending 3 hours up there.

Again why would they wait three hours, and then turn cameras on when they were going to f him up?

There is no logic to that, also the dog was sent in as a less than lethal alternative.

Logic doesn't come into it, like the way cops killed the 96 year old man who walked with a Zimmer frame in a nursing home as he sat in a seat..in a seat mind. They shot him with bean bags as he sat with nowhere to go, and took the full force in the gut, he died later. Stupid, ignorant, fecked up LEO's.

If there was any logic in the case here it is a twisted one, maybe the video became available to let everyone know just what they can get away with 'following the letter of the law', and not the spirit.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Look I have already said there should have been a better solution, but that decision rests solely on the man that was shot.

NO, He did not pull the trigger, THE COPS DID
The decision rest solely on the officers that decided that to shoot this man rather that take some extra time and effort to disarm him without shooting him
You say they could have solved it better but at the same time you say they didn't have an option but to handle it the way they did.. So which is it???

It doesn't matter how long the standoff was before, like you said we don't know the story so this could be a man just standing up to an unjust arrest...
If anything it just shows how incompetent these men were, in 3 hours they were not able to detain ONE person peacefully? That is pathetic

The dog was not in danger nor was any officer, well outside of their own manufactured fear that all police are allowed to have, the thought that any person at anytime has the ability to kill them.

They had the upper hand the entire time, from the video evidence we have this man had grabbed his gear and was walking peacefully towards the officers until he was flash banged.
He stood his ground while holding two knifes, he does not respond to the verbal commands to get on the ground and makes a turn away from police then gets shot 6 times, then struck with bean bags, then had the dog sent on him, then had his hand broken while he lay motionless

Please defend the actions of the police after this man was laying on the ground!!
What danger were they in that they need to continue to assault this man after they shot him

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You are ALL still missing the biggest thing wrong with what happened. It was the moment that the cop who killed the guy said "Booyah!" when he dropped him.

That REGARDLESS OF THE PARTICULARS OF THE INCIDENT should be enough to be aghast at what happened. It is one thing to think that you need to shoot someone in the line of duty. It is completely another to derive JOY FROM IT! The cop that made the shot is a freaking sociopath. He needs to be removed from gun ownership at the least and at the most removed from society. What happened to the days when cops went home and cried when they had to use their weapon?

This cop is a turd and a danger to society. Will anything happen? No..... I am personally getting really really angry at this type of behavior and societies tolerance of it.

From the urban dictionary:

booyah exclamation of happiness, being excited, or feeling overwhelmed. Booyah! Last edited on May 06 2011. Submitted by nenad from Canada on Sep 05 1998. Exclamation of success, often with accompanying standard body action (virtical forarm, clenched fist, elbow at 90 degrees.. then pump down... BOOYAH!. got it?) Used all over. Made popular by the Simpsons. You mean it worked? BOOYAH! Last edited on Jan 10 2000. Submitted by Noah B. from Vancouver, BC, Canada on Jan 10 2000. an interjection used to express sudden joy or success, usually as a manner of boasting or asserting of one's dominance in a given situation. Boo-ya! Last edited on Mar 05 2000. Submitted by Jeff Y. from Merchantville, NJ, USA on Mar 05 2000. Expression meaning I told you so, or don't even go there. Can be followed by another slang term "talk to the hand!". I told you that you were wrong... Booya! Last edited on Feb 22 2002. Submitted by Monica M. from San Francisco, CA, USA on Feb 22 2002. adjective. Usually said after getting the upper hand on someone, could be used in a sentence to warn a person that you may get the upper hand on them. Michael J. Fox, in and episode of Spin City says "booyah" after making a witty remark. Ali G says a variant of the word "booyakasha." Origin may go back further. Don't make me booyah your ass. Last edited on Aug 23 2002. Submitted by Van L. from Sydney, NSW, Australia on Aug 23 2002. hell yeah, excellent. I made the football team, boo yah! Last edited on Sep 18 2002. Submitted by matt o'connell from Abington, PA, USA on Sep 18 2002. Exciting or intense. When used in reference to a woman, intensely sexually attractive (although not necessarily pretty in appearance). That party is raging booyah! Last edited on Oct 24 2002. Submitted by Nick L. from Charlottesville, VA, USA on Oct 24 2002. An exclamation used to denote victory, usually at the expense of another. An indication that you have taken the lead in a contest of one-upmanship.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

He was just flash banged, if he has the muscle memory to reach for his knifes when he feels threaten then it wasn't really his decision rather instinct just taking over

I know the last time I was flashbanged my first instinct was to drop my bags and reach for my knives too. Especially when I know police officers are the ones doing it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

I know the last time I was flashbanged my first instinct was to drop my bags and reach for my knives too.

The "Last time"? Buddy if you have been flash banged more than once? you need to find a better crowd to hang out with!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Please defend the actions of the police after this man was laying on the ground!!

What the bean bag to the back that was announced prior to shooting him when he wouldn't drop the knives?

Or are you talking about the way the officer acted towards someone holding knives and a threat to kill them, because the main thing an officer does is take control of the suspect and make sure he is disarmed?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The "Last time"? Buddy if you have been flash banged more than once? you need to find a better crowd to hang out with!

I guess I should have made it a little more sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

I know the last time I was flashbanged my first instinct was to drop my bags and reach for my knives too. Especially when I know police officers are the ones doing it.

Good counter point, obviously the point of the sentence went right past you.
Flight or Fight must mean nothing to you
It is a natural reaction to defend ones self when they feel threatened and then get surprised, this man was surrounded by men with rifles and a dog and then out of no where is hit with a flash bang or concussion grenade....
I would say he wasn't thinking about what he was doing and instincts took over, hence him turning around AWAY from the cops after 5 or so seconds... about the time one would gain his composure after getting disoriented

But to you the cops had no choice but to end this mans life...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

What the bean bag to the back that was announced prior to shooting him when he wouldn't drop the knives?

Or are you talking about the way the officer acted towards someone holding knives and a threat to kill them, because the main thing an officer does is take control of the suspect and make sure he is disarmed?

You do realize that the man was either DEAD or critically injured at that point right????????!!!!!!!
HE DID NOT MOVE THE ENTIRE TIME!
By your logic they could have shot him again... cause he still had the weapons in his hands LOL

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join