It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police video of killing an illegal camper.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
youtu.be... Video contains a few cuss words and someone being killed. If easily upset avoid watching.
themindfulpatriot.blogspot.com...

Man that was illegally camping is shot dead "because he had a knife" from 20 feet away?

There is a further link and it supposedly carries the other side of the story but it is by subscription only so this is all I have to go on.

The cops said, "Get on the ground, get on the ground now"! then fired their weapons... It appears there was a police dog there also ? Just another worthless air breathing pedestrian done away with by America's finest ? Life appears to be extremely cheap to these guys.. Someone could have made money off him (the dead guy) in one of our for profit prisons... what a waste. (sarcasm)

I would suggest anyone watching this video and finds themselves being given a command to get on the ground by an armed member of the local yokels drop whatever you are doing and do as commanded... Probably get beat afterwards but the chances on survival are better than being shot multiple times...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would never submit to what I consider unreasonable commands. Then again, I'm not afraid of death. He who fires the first shot always loses, it's only a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

... And the cop that the video is shot from seems to fire pretty late... But I guess if they others guys get to shoot then so does he.
Sad to see, I am thinking it is going to come out that the guy was attacking the police dog so that is why they went deadly

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Helious
I would never submit to what I consider unreasonable commands. Then again, I'm not afraid of death. He who fires the first shot always loses, it's only a matter of time.

I understand and to be truthful I also have a few of those genes... However every now and then my gene that says "what are the odds" kicks in... Only reason I am still alive today... The guy did not even have a gun and allowed himself to be confronted in the first place... piss poor prior planning IMO.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I would suggest anyone watching this video and finds themselves being given a command to get on the ground by an armed member of the local yokels drop whatever you are doing and do as commanded...

That is usually the sensical thing to do. As opposed to, you know... brandishing your knife against armed police? The guy clearly assumes an aggressive posture and raises his arm up (the one he's holding his knife with) as if he's going to stab either the dog or the officer approaching him. Sucks he got shot, but if I have multiple police officers pointing assault rifles at me screaming at me to get down on the ground, chances are I'm going to comply unless I actually want to get shot.
edit on 22-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There was no reason to shoot him whatsoever. Period.

Another example of police wanting to get a notch on their gun and a paid leave.

We are being corralled slowly but surely so be careful folks. Their time is coming to an end soon but watch your back until it happens.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

piss poor prior planning

6 p's will get you far in life

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

727Sky
youtu.be... Video contains a few cuss words and someone being killed. If easily upset avoid watching.
themindfulpatriot.blogspot.com...

Man that was illegally camping is shot dead "because he had a knife" from 20 feet away?

There is a further link and it supposedly carries the other side of the story but it is by subscription only so this is all I have to go on.

The cops said, "Get on the ground, get on the ground now"! then fired their weapons... It appears there was a police dog there also ? Just another worthless air breathing pedestrian done away with by America's finest ? Life appears to be extremely cheap to these guys.. Someone could have made money off him (the dead guy) in one of our for profit prisons... what a waste. (sarcasm)

I would suggest anyone watching this video and finds themselves being given a command to get on the ground by an armed member of the local yokels drop whatever you are doing and do as commanded... Probably get beat afterwards but the chances on survival are better than being shot multiple times...

I do not carry just a knife, but at least one gun and ammo. IMHO I would have tried to kill all three after the first shot.
These armed men are mercs, not law enforcement.
JUST MY OPINION. But the victim, was just that no matter his charge.

Closer, and closer to jumping ship. (out of the US)

They can shoot once in the knee and blow his kneecap and live, but leaving a witness will argue against the LEO's testament.

S&F
edit on 22-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Helious

Good for you. I hope for your sake you never end up in a similar situation and end up like the guy in the video.

Quick question for all the cop haters:

If you were armed and someone came at you with a knife and you felt your life was in danger, would you consider yourself justified in shooting your assailant in self defense?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by 727Sky

I would suggest anyone watching this video and finds themselves being given a command to get on the ground by an armed member of the local yokels drop whatever you are doing and do as commanded...

That is usually the sensical thing to do. As opposed to, you know... brandishing your knife against armed police? The guy clearly assumes an aggressive posture and raises his arm up (the one he's holding his knife with) as if he's going to stab either the dog or the officer approaching him. Sucks he got shot, but if I have multiple police officers pointing assault rifles at me screaming at me to get down on the ground, chances are I'm going to comply unless I actually want to get shot.
edit on 22-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

So don't release the dog at him after you flashed banged him, I think your 3 guns will beat his knife all day every day... Situation was under control from the get go.
Guess it would have been to much work to try and get hands on... 3 guys and a dog v 1 guy and they need a flash bang to start this off?
Not even a taser deployed... I guess pepper spray was out of the question... Simply walking up to the guy and seeing if he submited when the 3 guys were close. Nope, flash bang and then shoot him Just take the non lethal stuff away from the cops if they don't have to use it anymore

If you were armed and someone came at you with a knife and you felt your life was in danger, would you consider yourself justified in shooting your assailant in self defense?

Was this the case for this man?? We must have watched different videos...
They guy in the one I saw picked up his belongings and turned around to walk away, you know real aggresive move, and then was flash banged. I personally have never been, but hear that it is not fun and you don't really know what is going on for a second or two. Now you seem to be ok with protecting your self if you think you are in danger, why was it wrong for this man to do the same?

edit on ndSat, 22 Mar 2014 19:58:56 -0500America/Chicago320145680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on ndSat, 22 Mar 2014 20:07:35 -0500America/Chicago320143580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have to agree with no reason here, really. Absolutely none. They were laid back in appearance and so was he, until he turned his back and started getting whatever he was getting of his personal stuff. Then they raised rifles (without him being aware of it) and dropped a flash bang on him.

They were yelling...but was he hearing much? Those are meant to stun you silly for a few seconds. Gee...what if it worked? (sigh)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It seems when he decided to do asked, picked up his gear, the police must have been upset they didn't get to shot him. So they did. And then again, and again and again. Sick...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

What we have in America today is not governance, it is tyranny, plain and simple. The fact is that it is compartmentalized and even the average US Senator is unaware of what is actually happening. The agenda does not come down from congress, it comes from the shadow federal government, the DHS and the people who have systematically ensured our police force is militarized over the latter part of the last decade.

They will shoot you, your dog, your kids, without fear of prosecution or reprisal and will do so with the knowledge they will almost always at worst only lose their job. There is no recourse outside of monetary which is pointless because the taxpayers pick up the tab for the lawsuits.

What is needed is state legislation created by local politicians that make it legal to defend yourself against aggressive and unlawful law enforcement personnel and further, make it a criminal offense to operate, arrest, harass or misuse your powers as a sworn peace officer in the county you work for. Jail time for false arrest, jail time for abuse or harassment, jail time for abuse.

Civilian oversight committees in every single county. This of course would mean they would have to cut out some of the "legal" roadblocks, mustangs and other cost burdens on the departments but it's needed. Americans wont keep accepting this, sooner or later, the us vs them will take hold based on a certain event and all hell is going to break loose. It's as much for their sake as it is ours in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

Helious

Good for you. I hope for your sake you never end up in a similar situation and end up like the guy in the video.

Quick question for all the cop haters:

No, I would not shoot. I have been in situations like what your implying. Sad that I say more than once. But for the respect of life after whoever being in the hospital for whatever, I was in no wrong, and they lived....

BTW, if you are stupid, mentally ill, undereducated, etc and have a gun.... this is 99% of the result.

Its sad that a conversation of this topic actually has to be discussed, there lies in the problem
edit on 22-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I miss the days when police treat people like, well, people. Not some target. I think the police are so afraid that every person is going to shoot at them then they are working toward making that belief come true. Who in their right state of mind thinks they can survive an encounter with police in today's world.

When old men with canes are a target what chance does an able bodied person have.
edit on 3/22/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"..I 'd have the right to kill you...."

Shivers. He really said that.

It really appears that the guy was coming down as they requested, but it's hard to see clearly.

What's with all the overkill on the shooting in so many of these situations?

ETA: Ah okay...a flashbang was at least one of the shots. Got it.
edit on 3/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Only one bullet struck him.

Rest were beanbags.

Seems only one of the cops felt he needed to be dealt with lethally, the rest not so much.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Apparently, that one shot was enough.

Wow... What a deal.

"Here lay xxxx, dead for camping on the wrong little hill in New Mexico".

This is happening way too much.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Aren't you quite the stereotype?

I am not a cop hater, I dislike most. On a more important note, I am a fighter and am against tyranny, evil, and vigilantes.

Yes, some cops fall into that profile.... so do wife beater, child molesters, murders, drug deals, etc.

Get what I'm saying?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by roadgravel

Only one bullet struck him.

Rest were beanbags.

Seems only one of the cops felt he needed to be dealt with lethally, the rest not so much.

Is that from your own outside knowledge of this? Or did you find that from OP, cause the links I went to from OP don't say that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join