It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police video of killing an illegal camper.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

So it stuns you enough that you can't follow simple orders, but you can remember there are knives in your pocket? Can't have it both ways ... Muscle memory also involves the muscles doing said maneuver countless times.. So if that's an excuse it doesn't help his case of being an innocent camper who was just about to cooperate .

Even you say , you get startled and go for your gun... Maybe here lies a problem.
An innocent guy just camping up a hill would not reach for weapons.

Unless of course it's the US and the coppers gonna getcha

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
OMG!!!
what was that that whent bang with smoke.
did the cop do that?
and because of the band they went kill crazy.
it whas the bang that did it.
nothing to do with a knife.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

LoopyLou
reply to post by TiedDestructor

So it stuns you enough that you can't follow simple orders, but you can remember there are knives in your pocket? Can't have it both ways ... Muscle memory also involves the muscles doing said maneuver countless times.. So if that's an excuse it doesn't help his case of being an innocent camper who was just about to cooperate .

Even you say , you get startled and go for your gun... Maybe here lies a problem.
An innocent guy just camping up a hill would not reach for weapons.

Unless of course it's the US and the coppers gonna getcha

The problem is I'm a jeweler, a pawn broker, gun store owner among other things. I live in a world in which people try to take what not theirs and will do most anything to get it. I face REAL dangers every day that can mostly be associated with my jobs. However, if I walk away from it all today that threat remains.

It doesn't take a day off. It's always there.

One mans poor choices doesn't justify poor choices made on the behalf of law enforcement. They are held to a higher standard than the general public. They should behave that way. Period.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

Go ahead and grab all your post plus another here

You listed the non lethal that was used, talking him down and screaming at him to get down would just be verbal commands, not really a non lethal use of force...
The stun grenade was one
Bean bags came after he was already shot, so that to late

Now you don't have a problem with tazer not being in there?
The very type of situation that a tazer is designed for? Would have been the perfect for this and saved a guys life

Then we have this gem

He was able to say don't hurt me and wiggle his feet to try turn over. He was ABLE to do as told he just chose not to.

He had just been shot and was critically injured, you hear don't hurt me and about 5 seconds later is when the movement comes from, could very well have been involuntary, his body is sending messages every where at this point trying to deal with the trauma that is through out his body right now. I imagine you understand what getting shot center mass really ruins your whole day, especially if it is multiple times and 5.56 rounds are dirty little guys, they go in pretty and then just go haywire inside

But he was just playing dead right?
Hope you never find your self on the other side....
But I am sure that will never happen to you

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

I didn't say anything about tazer and I don't profess to know everything... Just opinions people! I have also said I don't agree that he had to die. I do think the cops did what they should and could.
Do LEOs have to use Everypossible type of non lethal before lethal?

It's a pity his brain didn't send messages to his body to get down the first 5 times. Or just respect authority and do as told when faced with armed officers... Sheesh

I never said he was playing dead, I said it was a possibility and most likely the reason they made 100% sure he was out of it ( bean bags and dog) before approaching him.

Damn straight I will never be in that situation, firstly I don't live where the cops are out to get me, and I respect authority , I would have left the mountain 3 hours earlier.
I can figure out the consequences that if I play with big boys and their guns I could get shot. Consequences of a country where you all lust after your guns then cry foul when someone dies.

Now.... I hope a child of yours or anyone else you love wants to be a cop, it may force you to see the other side of the story. But I'm sure you will Never let that happen. That goes for all the unjustified cop haters.

The reason I know I'm on the right track comes from the hysteria being thrown around here, all emotion and no sense. I find when people exaggerate facts and leave out pertinent points in a story to fit their own views , or blatantly ignore genuine questions whilst throwing a tantrum because I didn't answer their non relevant question.

I'm moving on now , I do feel bad for you guys though, must be tough to think both the cops and crims are out to shoot you for absolutely no reason what so ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I quite seriously do not understand why he was not just tazed over and over.

Even if a tazer doesnt take a man down he isnt going to stab anyone, over 20 feet of rocks.

flashbang+dog+tazers then shot.

remind me not to piss those guys off!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 24-3-2014 by LoopyLou because: Irrelevant , over and out

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I didn't see why he was shot, he'd picked up his stuff and was walking towards the officer. Of course, the scene was blurred at the moment of the shooting, in obvious censorship so I don't know. Did the person who put the video up censor it to protect our delicate sensibilities or to hide something?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

NavyDoc
reply to post by jude11

I didn't see why he was shot, he'd picked up his stuff and was walking towards the officer. Of course, the scene was blurred at the moment of the shooting, in obvious censorship so I don't know. Did the person who put the video up censor it to protect our delicate sensibilities or to hide something?

To hide something IMO. He turned away from them as he was shot.

This one isn't blurred and is longer...LiveLeak Video

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

What would be your response if they tased him over and over and then he died?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

What would be your response if they tased him over and over and then he died?

They should have done something else would be my guess. It doesn't matter what law enforcement does some are going to think it's wrong, yet when something bad happens to them cops are the first ones they call.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another Cop killing a person. It's all they do. When are they coming for you? That's the question.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can't watch the video but I'm assuming a private citizen called police. I imagine something about this guy's behavior initiated the call in the first place. I would like to hear more from the caller.

Running/hiking trails, rural areas in general can be hot spots for crime and often serve as dumping grounds for bodies. Two, that I know of, have been dumped out here near the interstate. One woman was still alive, ranchers found her. We get our fair share of escapees and one guy was riding the rails killing people in isolated areas, residents are on alert.

We get a lot of squatters and for the most part they keep to themselves. They pass the house on their way to the hwy and hitch a ride there. My hubby gives them rides, we don't mind helping others so we're cool with it.

There was one guy who just wasn't acting right. He would sit at the end of my driveway all day, it drove my dogs crazy and I know he could hear them. At that time we had no phone and this was most unusual behavior. My kids got on/off the school bus down there and this guy made me very nervous.

When I'd leave, I'd have to get out open/close the gate. I really didn't like him waiting for me and I didn't like leaving my house unattended with him there. I was in a PU with two kids, he could've jumped in the back but his lurking really turned me off.

I had enough and was going to call the sheriff but my hubby told him he had to move on or find another place to wait for a ride. Much to my relief he left the area.

Country people can be very welcoming but we're very aware of our vulnerabilities. Most of us are armed and I don't want to have to shoot anyone but outsiders need to check their behavior, act accordingly or it's a red flag.

It's possible other calls had been made concerning this guy. Sometimes country people will alert the sheriff when he's out/about without making a formal call. We really don't want to cause trouble, we prefer casual.

I hate that this guy was shot and imo most likely mental illness kept him from melding with locals. I don't see any good coming from this scenario. If he was making the locals nervous enough to call the cops, something was wrong imo.

There's no doubt cops are getting more violent but so are people. I just want to give another perspective. If this guy was acting weird eventually he would've had a run in with a local. Maybe the cops didn't handle it appropriately but country sheriffs aren't the best LE has to offer.

I don't know if a local would've reacted much differently and they wouldn't bother with beanbags or tasers. Imo most people check their behavior around cops/locals but it sounds like this guy was sending out some bad vibes.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Thanks for that! This video does sicken me and I agree with what you say.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LoopyLou

Do LEOs have to use Everypossible type of non lethal before lethal?

YES, if they have the opportunity to use non lethal and these men had AMPLE time to use all of them, then YES they need to use ALL of them before KILLING some one....
Why did you really ask that question??

Lol you "respect" authority, ok keep respecting them while they destroy your civil rights buddy!

Wait until those men you respect screw you over once and your thoughts will change rather fast
You shouldn't have to scared they will shot you, but looks like it is working on you

It's funny you bring up one on my loved ones wanting to be a cop lol, I wanted to be a cop since I was 6. Thought they were the bees knees!!!
Then I got older and started thinking for my self and just seeing what cops actually do.... changed my mind rather quickly
I am sorry you think we are all just going off emotion and leaving out facts.. even tho there is a video that shows all that we are saying, I am glad you are done here

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It takes a hell of a lot of tazer to kill some one, watch an episode of cops, you will see like 3 cops tazer one guy multiple times

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That answers nothing, it does and can happen.

My question was what would be the reaction if he died from being tased?

Then again I'm pretty sure I know what the answer would be from some cop bashers.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

But we are not here criticizing them for the tazer use, we are here criticizing them for killing some one....
We can what if till the cows come home, doesn't change anything
These officers used poor judgement and took a life and will never see any repocussions for it
If i were to accidentally kill some one, i would be behind bars pending investigation...

All cops that kill some one should be arrested and jailed just like any other citizen would have happen to them!
Yes they can get bail, if the judge says so anyway, but should go through every thing any other citizen has to go through if they take a life, justified or not

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Yes if they tazed some one to death then you would see the same outrage, but what is wrong about that?
Cop haters are bad because they get mad when cops kill people?
I am missing your logic...
edit on thMon, 24 Mar 2014 14:16:02 -0500America/Chicago320140280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Not all people get locked up after shooting someone.
There are plenty of stories out there where people have shot someone and no charges ever filed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join