It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police video of killing an illegal camper.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

They sent the dog in to f*%@ him up cause they were pissed about spending 3 hours up there.

Again why would they wait three hours, and then turn cameras on when they were going to f him up?

There is no logic to that, also the dog was sent in as a less than lethal alternative.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Sorry but if I am attacked I have the right to defend myself. Did he attack anyone?

Do you know he didn't before that incident?

And you have that right, but again there are laws one has to abide by with those rights.

This was a tragic incident that should have been resolved a different way, but that was not the final decision this man made.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Turn the dog loose after rendering a man temporarily deaf by a stun grenade.
I ask all you out there reading this. What are the chances a man will resist an attacking dog regardless of motive?

You would think that wouldn't you...

Depends on your past as to whether or not someones going to fight a police dog.

And whether or not your going back to prison, freedom is a tough thing to give up.

edit on 23-3-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

That video showed a well executed take down of a very determined perp. Amazing no head shots were taken and no one was killed even though there was a baby almost within arms reach.. Good police work, good training, and good policy IMO.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
The fact that he has a past of assaulting police would most likely be the reason.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that fact. Then two officers would have sufficed in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That video showed a well executed take down of a very determined perp. Amazing no head shots were taken and no one was killed even though there was a baby almost within arms reach.. Good police work, good training, and good policy IMO.

Well that wasn't the point of the video, but the fact he was so close to the baby would be a good guess as to why they didn't use any lethal force.

Also in the video had this man decided to do something that gave the officers the impression that he was going to harm this child things may have ended differently.

And I don't condone the way things ended in your OP video, but that was the final decision of the man when he decided to pull knives and not just end it peacefully.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Ah, I wasn't aware of that fact. Then two officers would have sufficed in my opinion.

You might be right, but when it comes to someone with a past of assaulting officers they feel safer in numbers as they don't know whether this man could be armed and dangerous.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Auricom

You might be right, but when it comes to someone with a past of assaulting officers they feel safer in numbers as they don't know whether this man could be armed and dangerous.

numbers yes, flash bang, dog then 6 fatal bullets, no.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Sremmos80

They were violent to this man which led to him defending him self. NOT the other way around...

So where in this video were the cops violent to this man?

In fact it is the other way around, because he did assault an officer first which was the police dog or are you looking at a different video?

How about the part where they flash bang him and then send a dog at him?
In fact this man NEVER and i mean NEVER made any move at the dog or police officer
Are you only looking at the OP video that has a blur? Have to seen the video where it is not blurred?
If you have seen that video you will see the man gets shot in the back.
So i guess we are looking at different videos, you are looking at the edited one the cops want you to see

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Thank you for proving my point, as the other officers perceived this man as a threat to the police dog and did what they were trained to do. Protect the lives of fellow officers.

Why are cops allowed to assume every single person in the word is going is kill them and they are allowed to act the way they do, but if we are scared the cops are going to kill us ( which HAPPENS) we are told we are being unreasonable and criminal?
www.liveleak.com...
THIS MAN DID NOT ATTACK THE COPS!
He TURNS AROUND and is shot, no tazer was ever used that is bs!
These men not only murder some one but they kick the man, well lets say stomp, a man while he is down
These cops need to be arrested, if any body that was not an LEO did this they would be locked up pending investigation
edit on rdSun, 23 Mar 2014 14:03:44 -0500America/Chicago320144480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

How about the part where they flash bang him and then send a dog at him?
In fact this man NEVER and i mean NEVER made any move at the dog or police officer
Are you only looking at the OP video that has a blur? Have to seen the video where it is not blurred?
If you have seen that video you will see the man gets shot in the back.
So i guess we are looking at different videos, you are looking at the edited one the cops want you to see

Sorry, but I did watch both videos and in the unedited version it clearly shows this man had a knife in both hands so he was clearly not thinking about this ending peacefully.

And the fact he did try to fight with the K9 dog with knives in his hands that is where things start to go bad for him.Also watch the unedited version and when they shoot him in the back it is with bean bags because he will not drop the knives.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well since not every cop carries a tazer how is it BS?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

And you see him get those knifes after he gets flashed, as before that he was walking down with his hands full of gear...
And the shot gun was not used as he turned around, those are bullets, no sound of the shot gun getting pumped... IF he shot, he shot once as the other officers fired at least 6 live rounds
You don't hear a pump, and the officer with the shotgun is actually behind every one, he doesn't step up with every one gets blocked..
Bean bags don't make you body go stiff, getting shot or getting tazed does that.
They didn't use the bean bag until the man was on the ground
Why do you need to shoot someone that is turning around ?!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Swing knives at a police officer and you should expect something bad to happen. And the dog is considered an officer btw.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Well since not every cop carries a tazer how is it BS?

Well since the PD said a tazer was deployed I am going to assume that those men had them
I don't think it was in fact used though

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
dp
edit on rdSun, 23 Mar 2014 14:13:30 -0500America/Chicago320143080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Biigs

Swing knives at a police officer and you should expect something bad to happen. And the dog is considered an officer btw.

OMG stop saying he made a move at the cops or dog!!!
He puts his hands out the side of him and raises them a little as to square up, very natural reaction to getting bummed rushed
HE THEN DROPS HIS ARMS AND TURNS AROUND AND GETS SHOT!!!
STOP LEAVING THE PART WHERE HE TURNS AROUND OUT OF YOUR CHAIN OF EVENTS!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And you see him get those knifes after he gets flashed, as before that he was walking down with his hands full of gear...

Actually you can't tell exactly when he had them in his hand as that isn't conclusive with either video.

He had the choice to end this peacefully before this happened and he chose to go the other route after pulling knives when he didn't have to.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

skuly
reply to post by 727Sky

Here a link to liveleak,com with a better video and it shows what happened after the youtube video stopped.

After he was on the ground the officers shot him three times in the back with bean bags and sent the
dog to attack even after he didn't move.

But he did have two small knives one in each hand,looked about 7 cm in size.

edit on 22/3/2014 by skuly because: .....

Glad you posted this, I found this too and was about to. It definitely shows the cops were out of control. The guy had a bunch of gear in his hand, all his camping gear.

I have no idea why they think with at least 6 cops w/ guns and a dog they would be under serious threat of a camper carrying gear (even though he had a few knives, prob. for camping). On approach, the knives weren't big at all. You can still do damage, but I wouldn't really say lethal damage.

Stating the obvious:
1. They approached him
2. No once was there a command to drop or put away in weapons.
3. There's a police to police command - "Do it"
4. Flash bang goes and they start screaming "get on the ground"
5. They send the dog in at the same time
6. He drops his gear and turns to what looks to be getting on the ground.

He basically gets shot in the back and side as he appears to be turning. (Why he kept the knives in his hands I don't know.) What is even more infuriating is to hear one of the officers say "Booyah!" after the guy has been shot.

Let's not forget that that increased use of deadly force is part of the new police strategy in New Mexico:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

HE THEN DROPS HIS ARMS AND TURNS AROUND AND GETS SHOT!!!
STOP LEAVING THE PART WHERE HE TURNS AROUND OUT OF YOUR CHAIN OF EVENTS!

Yet he still had two knives he wouldn't drop, so why are you leaving that part out.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

What is even more infuriating is to hear one of the officers say "Booyah!" after the guy has been shot.

Can you positively say that it couldn't be a command for the K9 dog, and are you 100% sure that it was that word and not something similar?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join