It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I move?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm honestly considering leaving the United States and it wouldn't bother me in the least giving up my citizenship. The way I see it, I don't want to be a German living in Nazi Germany. And yes, I think it has and will continue to get to that point. I'd almost rather live in Russia.

I've tried the EU and honestly, I'm not a millionaire nor do I have a masters degree. I'm not getting into the EU. I've looked in Australia, Asia... even places that I have family. Nothing seems to be an option. Am I stuck here? It just blows my mind that as an American, I literally have no options here.

Russia is looking better by the day but I honestly have no idea how to even start the process to get over there.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do a bit of whistle blowing, go to Russia and ask for asylum, camp out at the airport for a while, the rest should take care of itself.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
We're in the same boat. I remember reading that the number of people who have given up American citizenship has increased double or more (can't remember, but it was a lot) since just a few years ago.

Singapore is a wealthy nation, I hear.

It takes money to move

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by simsumre

Defect!!

Go to the Russian embassy and ask to defect lol.

Who knows they may take you lol.

But seriously do what Iam going to do and go Canadian (my five year plan).

link   
I will keep up with this post...we have been in this same state of mind for about 5 years now..other than Uruguay I don't know of any other country that would do..either we are unwanted, it's too dangerous, or takes too much money to live..I don't have a clue..

Right now we are leaving Illinois for Texas..just for starters....

link   

simsumre
I'm honestly considering leaving the United States and it wouldn't bother me in the least giving up my citizenship. The way I see it, I don't want to be a German living in Nazi Germany. And yes, I think it has and will continue to get to that point. I'd almost rather live in Russia.

I've tried the EU and honestly, I'm not a millionaire nor do I have a masters degree. I'm not getting into the EU. I've looked in Australia, Asia... even places that I have family. Nothing seems to be an option. Am I stuck here? It just blows my mind that as an American, I literally have no options here.

Russia is looking better by the day but I honestly have no idea how to even start the process to get over there.

Maybe you could ask the Pussy Riot girls for their opinion of
Russia under Putin, or there is Gary Kasparov he might tell you
how much better your life will be in Russia than in America.

Go on move to Russia you deserve it.

edit on Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:57:02 -0500572America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Canada. To be more specific.

Campobello Island, off the coast of Maine.

Trust me....

See you there!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know how about you move to say North Korea, the Congo, Zimbabwe or somewhere else where there is some horrible true despot leader then try comparing America to "Nazi Germany".

I really dont think that a lot of people who life in the developed western world realize just how lucky they are.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You can buy a private island off the coast of Nicaragua for about $500,000. I can't seem to find the site, but there was a little B&B for sale that had several huts with twin beds and a big "main house". It even had a bar and a pier. Very remote, but it does everything you'd need including rain catchment and telephone service.

I'd be down with a tiny white sand island.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
I know how about you move to say North Korea, the Congo, Zimbabwe or somewhere else where there is some horrible true despot leader then try comparing America to "Nazi Germany".

I really dont think that a lot of people who life in the developed western world realize just how lucky they are.

I'd much rather move to the UK but it seems, after a single generation, your Government doesn't allow people to return even when they have family there... while at the same time allowing any Arab to walk across the border by asylum.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
You can buy a private island off the coast of Nicaragua for about $500,000. I can't seem to find the site, but there was a little B&B for sale that had several huts with twin beds and a big "main house". It even had a bar and a pier. Very remote, but it does everything you'd need including rain catchment and telephone service.

I'd be down with a tiny white sand island.

So would I if I had $500,000 ...and could withstand the constant hurricanes and storms that rip across those islands on a weekly basis.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I really like the west coast of Mexico. Beautiful beaches, great fishing, laid back life style...

I don't think its any more violent than Houston.

Greek Islands might be worth looking into...with the collapsed economy, there might be some great deals.

edit on 17-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

olaru12

I really like the west coast of Mexico. Beautiful beaches, great fishing, laid back life style...

I don't think its any more violent than Houston.

Mexico may be an option, it just depends how out of control it gets. I mean, I'm leaving the US, I'd rather not go somewhere worse (even if I can live like a King in the short term).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'd much rather move to the UK but it seems, after a single generation, your Government doesn't allow people to return even when they have family there... while at the same time allowing any Arab to walk across the border by asylum.

We do not allow "any Arab to walk across the border by asylum"

I dont care what the daily mail tells you.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Novia Scotia Canada on the south shore is nice . Halifax is the major city there but is small when you compare it to other places . The weather is not too bad as a rule and the summers are very bearable with a cool breeze of the water . A lot of Yanks in the summer at their cottages getting away from the summer heat of the south .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If you can secure for yourself an income online (or at least mobile) of about 1,500 - 2,000 per month, you can live like a king in Thailand or the Philippines. My wife and I were planning a move to the Chiang Mai province and still might soon.

Look up the currency exchange... it will blow your mind when you see how much 2 thousand a month can get you there. Seriously, we're talking live-in housekeepers and swimming pools. Plus, you'll be doing their economy a favor by bringing in money that doesn't suck away at their own job market. It's a win/win.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What is it about certain countries that don't suit?
What exactly are you wanting from a country?
What can you offer ? ( what do you do )

I've done my fair share of country hopping, it all depend on what is important to you in life I guess .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I suggest Scotland. Lovely Countrysides. Cool ancient cities. Fascinating People. REALLY good whiskey!
also, it's has a pleasant climate, and makes a good place to commute to fun events like Octoberfest and fun places like Amsterdam and the Med coast. And the trains? Don't get me started. Buy a Eur-Rail pass or whatever they call it these days, make day trips to other countries or take the ferry! Yeah. Scotland. It's like heavens front porch!

edit on 3172014 by tencap77 because: spelling. and I'm working on my third tall Glenn Fiddich !

link   
Or, try and buy a decommissioned submarine and convert it into a mobile, floating home. You might want to paint it a bright color, perhaps yellow to keep the Navy from want to fire on you!

link   

Cuervo

If you can secure for yourself an income online (or at least mobile) of about 1,500 - 2,000 per month, you can live like a king in Thailand or the Philippines. My wife and I were planning a move to the Chiang Mai province and still might soon.

Look up the currency exchange... it will blow your mind when you see how much 2 thousand a month can get you there. Seriously, we're talking live-in housekeepers and swimming pools. Plus, you'll be doing their economy a favor by bringing in money that doesn't suck away at their own job market. It's a win/win.

Yes, but making 2,000 per month online isn't easy. Actually, it's borderline impossible without investing at least 2-4 years (and God knows how much money) into whatever idea (that may sink at any time) you have. The only decent way I've learned how to make money online is buying things at garage sales or thrift stores and reselling on ebay/amazon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join