It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I move?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

tencap77
I suggest Scotland. Loverly Countrysides. Cool ancient cities. Fascinating People. REALLY good whiskey!
also, it's has a pleasant climate, and makes a good place to commute to fun events like Octoberfest and fin places like Amsterdam and the Med coast. And the trains? Do't get me started. Buy a Eur-Rail pass or whatever they call it these days, make day trips to other countries or take the ferry! Yeah. Scotland. It's like heavens front porch!

You have no idea how much I would absolutely love to live in Scotland. It's simply not possible under current UK immigration. I would be very happy in Scotland.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by simsumre

I dont know anything about it but have heard quite a few people have retired and want to retire in Costa Rica.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

simsumre
I'm honestly considering leaving the United States and it wouldn't bother me in the least giving up my citizenship. The way I see it, I don't want to be a German living in Nazi Germany. And yes, I think it has and will continue to get to that point. I'd almost rather live in Russia.

I've tried the EU and honestly, I'm not a millionaire nor do I have a masters degree. I'm not getting into the EU. I've looked in Australia, Asia... even places that I have family. Nothing seems to be an option. Am I stuck here? It just blows my mind that as an American, I literally have no options here.

Russia is looking better by the day but I honestly have no idea how to even start the process to get over there.

Im sticking aroend because obama will be gone soon, But if I wanted to move to what seems like a pleasant place , mabye the Neatherlands.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

simsumre
I'm honestly considering leaving the United States and it wouldn't bother me in the least giving up my citizenship. The way I see it, I don't want to be a German living in Nazi Germany. And yes, I think it has and will continue to get to that point. I'd almost rather live in Russia.

I've tried the EU and honestly, I'm not a millionaire nor do I have a masters degree. I'm not getting into the EU. I've looked in Australia, Asia... even places that I have family. Nothing seems to be an option. Am I stuck here? It just blows my mind that as an American, I literally have no options here.

Russia is looking better by the day but I honestly have no idea how to even start the process to get over there.

joelskousen.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I would be very happy in Scotland.

It rains.... a lot

Our women smell funny and in the winter grow huge beards

Once we make a bridge we use the left overs to make a strange ginger substance.

We think wearing a skirt is cool..... with huge woolen socks...... and a dead rabbit round our bits.... with a knife in our huge woolen sock..... and thats just the guys.....

In Glasgow its difficult to know who wants to stab you, who wants to hug you.... and who wants to do both.

The big man. he knows you. he knows where to find you. fear him.

after a few drams you wont know the difference between a fine 21 year old malt and tinnie o tennents so whiskey is not a selling point.

We eat sheeps guts.

We eat deep fried chocolate.

This is what TV looks like with our version of Star Trek....

Royal game soup.....

ohh and just in case that is not enough to put you off moving to Scotland we also have....

DUNDEE......

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'd much rather move to the UK but it seems, after a single generation, your Government doesn't allow people to return even when they have family there... while at the same time allowing any Arab to walk across the border by asylum.

We do not allow "any Arab to walk across the border by asylum"

I dont care what the daily mail tells you.

That's nice, it would seem though that people a single generation out shouldn't be able to return to the UK. I guess you wouldn't agree though, it's much better to have a nation overrun by Arabs. Because that's what you have in the UK. I'd love to join my family in the UK, the British people have decided that I can't.
edit on 17-3-2014 by simsumre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So what, you dont like our immigrations laws. tough

but no we are not over run by "Arabs" having a "Arab" heritage is just as British these days as having a "Irish" heritage.

It is not a big deal but it would be just as hard for a Arab trying to get into the UK based on family connections as it would be for yourself.

dont like it.......

tough.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

And when Obama is gone what will happen? America will return to normal?...Good luck with that!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yes that's right the whole British nation got together last week and decided that you can't come in.

Sorry it is like anywhere you must have skills to come here legally. Why should you just be able to come back here when you are not from here?.
My guess is you have not even tried.
Iam working towards my greencard to move to Canada, it will take time but I don't expect just to be able to move there willy nilly. I have to work and offer the Canadians something that they want I would expect the same for someone moving to my country.
At the end of the day your parents moved so please don't blame "The British people" on your inability to get into the UK, it is your doing you don't have the skills we need.
GET THEM IF YOU WANT IT SO BAD.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what, you dont like our immigrations laws. tough

but no we are not over run by "Arabs" having a "Arab" heritage is just as British these days as having a "Irish" heritage.

It is not a big deal but it would be just as hard for a Arab trying to get into the UK based on family connections as it would be for yourself.

dont like it.......

tough.

It's a shame, it seems most UK people have been brainwashed to actually believe this nonsense. But then again, you get thrown in a cage for being "racist" over there. I guess most have just conformed to it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Yes that's right the whole British nation got together last week and decided that you can't come in.

Sorry it is like anywhere you must have skills to come here legally. Why should you just be able to come back here when you are not from here?.
My guess is you have not even tried.
Iam working towards my greencard to move to Canada, it will take time but I don't expect just to be able to move there willy nilly. I have to work and offer the Canadians something that they want I would expect the same for someone moving to my country.
At the end of the day your parents moved so please don't blame "The British people" on your inability to get into the UK, it is your doing you don't have the skills we need.
GET THEM IF YOU WANT IT SO BAD.

You're so right, I should spent 6-10 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to simply join my family in the UK. How stupid of me to think otherwise.

link   

North Dakota.

We're like Canada but we have better bacon.

Plus we don't like the rest of the US very much!

link   
Depends how much money you will have in your account when leaving.Tell the money and i will give you advices.And i'm serious.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

xavi1000
Depends how much money you will have in your account when leaving.Tell the money and i will give you advices.And i'm serious.

As I said, I'm not a millionaire here. If I had the money, this thread would have never been created.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

simsumre

xavi1000

As I said, I'm not a millionaire here. If I had the money, this thread would have never been created.

Im not talking about milions here.Tell how much money you will have after you finish and sell everything in US.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I just rang the Queen to warn of giving you a pass to work here......

You have no idea of what makes the GREAT British great do you?.
The UK has been a hotbed for immigration for well over a thousand years, we have always welcomed people from different shores and much of our heritage is mixed with other nations.
We are a mongrel nation and are better for it.
Is it our fault you have made the wrong life choices that bar you from the UK? nope it is yours.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

boymonkey74

I just rang the Queen to warn of giving you a pass to work here......

You have no idea of what makes the GREAT British great do you?.
The UK has been a hotbed for immigration for well over a thousand years, we have always welcomed people from different shores and much of our heritage is mixed with other nations.
We are a mongrel nation and are better for it.
Is it our fault you have made the wrong life choices that bar you from the UK? nope it is yours.

What BARS me from the UK? I have no criminal record, I've done nothing to bar me from anywhere. These restrictions are what the UK people want. Asking Western citizens to have basically a masters degree to join their family is retarded, sir. I have no other word. It's #ing retarded. All while allowing Arabs to walk straight in.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Whatever.....
Moving on and I hope you never get into the UK If you use speech like that.
So so ill informed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's a shame, it seems most UK people have been brainwashed to actually believe this nonsense.

Its a shame most people in America seem to believe what the read in the daily mail...... (I think its just you really, not all Americans.)

But then again, you get thrown in a cage for being "racist" over there

no we dont, but at the same time we dont let people just walk around being openly racist, if you want to move somewhere were you can do that I would suggest you re-think that whole "nazi Germany" you wrote in your OP.

I guess most have just conformed to it.

Yes dam all us Brits for living in a tolerant society must be we have all "conformed".

Really dude, just dont move to the UK judging my your posts you will hate it, we have a big Arab on every street and usually at least one gay and a midget living together with a illegitimate child born out of wedlock into a gay Arab family . I dont think you would fit in....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

MrLimpet
I dont know anything about it but have heard quite a few people have retired and want to retire in Costa Rica.

Been looking over alternative countries for a few years. There is a big commercial effort catering to US ex-pats with destinations like Belize, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Uruguay, etc. From everything I've seen, seems like Uruguay may be one of the best places. It's also on the east coast of South America so it should remain relatively cleaner for a longer period from Fukishima.

I just met some ex-pats that came back to the US after living in Costa Rica for a while. The life they describe down there does not sound very enticing. They had trouble with a massively dirty bank trying to steal their money, being overcharged by the locals, government greed, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join