It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Almost a complete u-turn, and last known location possibly a tiny island in the Straits of Malacca

^from CNN (tv)

It's almost starting to sound the series "Lost"

edit on 11-3-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mamatus
POSSIBLE SUICIDE: While that may not be entertaining enough for most on ATS it is at this time the single most plausible explanation "at this time".
edit on 11-3-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

Not really looking for entertainment, but if suicide is it, then why turn off all communication, change your flight path and then do it? I would think if suicide by plane were the intention then keeping the plane on the same flight path and ditching into the Gulf of Thailand would be a bit more along the plan and would not show up as deviating or out of the ordinary.

It would be even more disheartening if this is the case as that would be an extremely selfish move killing all on board. I would like this explanation much less than hijacking scenario.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Not necessarily, the other pic Xavi posted showed the two guys having the same set of legs...

xavi1000

so, as it seems photshopped, shouldn't we have to question the pics too. Who provided them to the media?

edit on 3/11/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It's very weird, it's not the first time airplanes disappear from Malasya airlines, i think it was 2008 when there was a plane missing, it was on all news for a day, and then no one else talked about it anymore, i looked everywhere and it was as if it never happened, they never talked about it again. There is a lot of misinformation, they are not transparent about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Agreed. They look more Russian/Ukrainian to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
if suicide is it, then why turn off all communication, change your flight path and then do it? I would think if suicide by plane were the intention then keeping the plane on the same flight path and ditching into the Gulf of Thailand would be a bit more along the plan and would not show up as deviating or out of the ordinary.

That makes more sense to me...one only changes direction for a purpose.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Prior to suicide most rational thought is out the door. Regardless, it will be very interesting to see the black box on this plane should it ever be found.

link   

Mamatus

andy1972
An iranian jihadi muslim terrorist...wearing a cross, or maybe not...

edit on PM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

A star for paying attention. So many people looking so hard for more than there likely is. Typical ATS but ignoring logic is becoming a real issue here lately. You just PROVED that the guy in the picture is not a Muslim yet there will be 500 more posts claiming they were terrorists.....

Why do they have to be muslim terrorists? And I guess them faking passports is no big deal either? Sure it may prove he isn't Muslim but the fact remains that he boarded with a stolen passport....can't say I know any people on the up and up that would do that. Stories say they had their own passports and used them to get into Malaysia, there are also other means of travel to get out of Malaysia.

link   
reply to post by mbkennel

they could have for a few minutes.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Transponder off.
Plane changes course.
No communication from pilots.

In what scenario --- other than hijacking -- is this feasible? What kind of plane malfunction would cause such a chain of events?
edit on 11-3-2014 by elitelogic because: typo

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by Mamatus

Not necessarily, the other pic Xavi posted showed the two guys having the same set of legs...

xavi1000

so, as it seems photshopped, shouldn't we have to question the pics too. Who provided them to the media?

Interesting and good catch. That is odd....why would they swap the legs on the other guy? Where is the link to the story where these pics were released?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

heather129
reply to post by Mamatus

Agreed. They look more Russian/Ukrainian to me.

Huh?

ETA: I usually say more but this kind of just left me speechless. People "look" like nationalities now?

edit on 3/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by Mamatus

xavi1000

Yes it's photoshopped, just like the London metro bombers..Ladies and gentlemen, we now officially have our patsies...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just a bit of reading for anyone interested about where the plane went down.

Strait of Malaca

From an economic and strategic perspective, the Strait of Malacca is one of the most important shipping lanes in the world.

Pretty mad place for a plane to vanish considering.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

link   

butcherguy
reply to post by Skyfloating

It makes the stories about families calling their loved ones cell phones and having them ring through just a bit more intriguing.

There will be more on the story to come out.
ETA: I see you covered that while I was typing my reply!

edit on bu312014-03-11T08:59:43-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 11 Mar 2014 08:59:43 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

why did they not answer the phone? even with hijackers aboard they could have answered it without speaking so that it would act as a microphone.

also why not ask the NSA..... MASTER SPIES OF THE WHOLE PLANET?
They should know everything.

link   
Last week while I was reading about this story, I recalled the Ourang medan mystery, I looked on google to see how far the plane was in its last location from the strait of mallaca but it was too far and I dropped the idea until now, could what happend almost fifty years ago have any connection to what has happened to the airplane and its crew and travellers, perhaps we have found us a new bermuda triangle of the east, what could be in this unknow sea I wonder?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From the Telegraph -

16.30 Tom Phillips, our correspondent in Kuala Lumpur, says villagers from near Marang, on Malaysia's eastern coast, told police they had heard a "loud and frightening noise" at around 1.20am on Saturday morning.
Alias Salleh, a 36-year-old lorry driver told Malaysia's The Sun Daily, he and friends had run towards the source of the noise, "but did not see anything unusual".
The noise sounded like "the fan of a jet engine," Mr Salleh added.
Mohd Yusri Mohd Yusof, a 34-year-old villager, said: "My friends and I heard the ringing noise for about two minutes."

I find the last comment very, very odd..

Riddlemeree - Whats as loud as a jet but you can't see it..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Really? People don't look Japanese, Chinese, Arabic etc. ? I don't see you questioning anyone who said they looked Iranian. And they don't look like they are of Arabic heritage. At all.
edit on 11-3-2014 by heather129 because: Rewrite.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Found one of the stories that released the pic from an Asian source. Appears the photo was released by Malaysian authorities and this story states that it is being held up by a Malaysian Police Official...

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

andy1972
An iranian jihadi muslim terrorist...wearing a cross, or maybe not...

According to Malaysia authorities only left one is Iranian.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join