It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In a strange twist, Malaysia's military believes it tracked the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 by radar over the Strait of Malacca, far from where it last made contact with civilian air traffic control over the Gulf of Thailand.A military source confirmed with Reuters that the Boeing 777-200ER with 239 on board changed course and made it to the other side of the Malay peninsula."It changed course after Kota Baru and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," the military official, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

Update: Malaysian military now reveals that the plane reappeared elsewhere

The gist of the story is that one hour after it disappeared it reappeared on military radar over the island of Pulau Perak.

After disappearing, the plane changed course, apparently having turned off its transponder and tracking equipment. So there is actually a chance that it did crash into the ocean but may have been hijacked. The mystery deepens.

Additional Source: Reuters

edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This sounds like it would fit with the creeping belief that the plane WAS in fact hijacked.

I don't believe it was. But if you take all the latest mainstream reports like the fake passports and now a drastic change in course without radio contact... what else could they be trying to sell?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes,this update changes the whole "bombing" and "disappeared in the ocean" story. And maybe its a reason why cell phones of passengers still appear to be working.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It makes the stories about families calling their loved ones cell phones and having them ring through just a bit more intriguing.

There will be more on the story to come out.
ETA: I see you covered that while I was typing my reply!

edit on bu312014-03-11T08:59:43-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 11 Mar 2014 08:59:43 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It seems to me that one would need a crew member's cooperation to successfully hijack a plane post 9/11..

Also, if it entered the airspace of another country without transponder data or communication, is it possible it was shot down?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

kosmicjack
It seems to me that one would need a crew member's cooperation to successfully hijack a plane post 9/11..

I hear guns can be an incentive for cooperation...

Also, if it entered the airspace of another country without transponder data or communication, is it possible it was shot down?

Don't know. Let's hope for a smart ATSer to help.

Whats most interesting is that it appears that the plane was spotted an hour after it supposedly disappeared.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
For all we know at this point, the plane could have been drifting in and then out and back into a dimensional warp. It is said happened before.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

A Malaysian politician sparked outrage with a tweet in which he said Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 had gone missing in a “new Bermuda Triangle” off Vietnam.

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Its starting to look like the pilots had a hand in this and maybe the two stolen passport types were there to suppress the passengers when they figured out the plane had been hijacked.

Didn't the Malaysians say the plane was turning when it went off radar early on in this event ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

turned off its transponder and tracking equipment

Well...that really could point only to one thing...I seriously doubt any pilot would do that while crashing the plane or in any normal circumstances.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Battleline

Didn't the Malaysians say the plane was turning when it went off radar early on in this event ?

There you go...more evidence for a hijack.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was wondering if there were any Naval exercises going on during the time of this flight. I think that for a plane to just disappear, and not evidedence to turn up yet, in the media, means someone is keeping it from being public. Im sure someone or country knows what is going on, and is trying to get all there facts together first. Not out of the realm of possibilties

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

This almost sounds like a sandy hook thing .With the new info I am sure they can also look at other radar archives to pick up the trail ...strange story more so every day .

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The plane was last seen heading towards the Middle East not Asia according to this latest news.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes, theses sort of postulations draw fire from folks that consider such ideas come from the Looney bens ranch. The guy could have been totally serious however.....which is even worse for loved ones of the...... missing.

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
while the hijack does seem like a plausible explanation, where's the plane at this point? what are the hijacker's demands? Who is behind the hijack?

Too many unanswered questions.

The whole world is looking for the plane and, if hijacked, it has to have landed somewhere. The country that accepted it would have to be nuts to take it and even crazier to not say "we have the plane, it's here and the hijackers are demanding..."

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

This almost sounds like a sandy hook thing .With the new info I am sure they can also look at other radar archives to pick up the trail ...strange story more so every day .

There was a poster on the main thread that already demonstrated two separate "last location" screen shots.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

butcherguy

It makes the stories about families calling their loved ones cell phones and having them ring through just a bit more intriguing.

There will be more on the story to come out.
ETA: I see you covered that while I was typing my reply!

edit on bu312014-03-11T08:59:43-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 11 Mar 2014 08:59:43 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

What I can't believe is that people haven't realized it's been three days now. The battery on most phones doesn't last that long..... So how can these phones be active and why haven't they tracked triangulated the signals??

Massive white elephant in the room!

Korg.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

True, however in this day and age it would take some pretty sophisticated opt to take a plane, so it would be reasonable to assume this was planned out with the cooperation of a third world country that can be bought off or intimidated. Which leaves us with the question of which country has the experience/power to do due just that.

Hmmmmmm.......
edit on 11-3-2014 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Crakeur
while the hijack does seem like a plausible explanation, where's the plane at this point? what are the hijacker's demands? Who is behind the hijack?

Too many unanswered questions.

The whole world is looking for the plane and, if hijacked, it has to have landed somewhere. The country that accepted it would have to be nuts to take it and even crazier to not say "we have the plane, it's here and the hijackers are demanding..."

Guess it depends on how well planned this was. If the highjackers were well funded then there could always be a private airport it was landed at, taxi'd to a hangar out of site and passengers are still on it. Possibly re-fueling and getting the plane ready for some sort of attack. There don't necessarily have to be any demands if the intent of the highjacking is to use the plane how the planes were used on 911.

Any high profile targets within full fuel range of where they last reported the plane to be picked up by military radar?

My thought is if there have been no demands yet, and the planes comm/tracking gear was all disabled is that we are looking at another terror attack in the making.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join