It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

rabourby
What happened with the Greek ship and going to a location yesterday ? Or has that happened and nothing found ?

This is getting crazy now,

Could a plane change it's call sign once it's landed, so it's able to fly under a false number at a later date ? Ie from MH370 to something else ?
What would it take to do this ?
If it is possible, given that who ever is in control and has the ability to turn stuff off with no issues and basically fly without trace, could the person in control change the plane id and possibly of flown it on radar under a false number to their intended destination
edit on 17-3-2014 by rabourby because: More text

Check about 10 pages back for the Greek ship, it was probably a media over exaggeration due being in the area and told to look out for possible wreckage, not that there actually was any wreckage.

I don't think someone could change the planes ID after landing. Turn off the transponder that identifies it yes - but then you are left with an unidentified craft that would flag up on anybodies radar. A 'false number' is unlikely to work, because what would the number tell Air traffic Control? There are only so many numbers registered and in use as far as I'm aware.

(ETA - I see this has been said already by other posters , sorry!)
edit on 17-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

DrHammondStoat

rabourby
What happened with the Greek ship and going to a location yesterday ? Or has that happened and nothing found ?

This is getting crazy now,

Could a plane change it's call sign once it's landed, so it's able to fly under a false number at a later date ? Ie from MH370 to something else ?
What would it take to do this ?
If it is possible, given that who ever is in control and has the ability to turn stuff off with no issues and basically fly without trace, could the person in control change the plane id and possibly of flown it on radar under a false number to their intended destination
edit on 17-3-2014 by rabourby because: More text

Check about 10 pages back for the Greek ship, it was probably a media over exaggeration due being in the area and told to look out for possible wreckage, not that there actually was any wreckage.

I don't think someone could change the planes ID after landing. Turn off the transponder that identifies it yes - but then you are left with an unidentified craft that would flag up on anybodies radar. A 'false number' is unlikely to work, because what would the number tell Air traffic Control? There are only so many numbers registered and in use as far as I'm aware.

From what others in the airline industry have said, the ID can be changed. If they were to change it to an ID of an aircraft already registered in a local airfield then they could essentially fly it out with nobody thinking anything of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Do you really think someone would fly a plane without a flight path?

It would be way too dangerous to attempt it without crashing midair into another plane! (If indeed an objective would be to fly a plane into a building somewhere).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

From what others in the airline industry have said, the ID can be changed. If they were to change it to an ID of an aircraft already registered in a local airfield then they could essentially fly it out with nobody thinking anything of it.

I'm sure the ID technically could be changed, but a random aircraft randomly flying somewhere it shouldn't be, would achieve more or less nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Tomnod is having difficulties. Maybe they've been hacked by the NSA. Busy deleting images! They don't want the world looking for MH370.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Mikeultra

Tomnod is having difficulties. Maybe they've been hacked by the NSA. Busy deleting images! They don't want the world looking for MH370.

Either that, or so many wing-nuts like me all over the world have suddenly slammed them with too much traffic looking for MH370.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mikeultra

Brocade
If they were going to photoshop the image why wouldn't they just photoshop the 'plane' out?

Also, the picture is a couple of years old according to one of the comments on the article.

I didn't see the comments saying it was years old. The source was CNN, so ask them why they didn't completely photo shop it out. They want people to speculate about it!

It's the first comment on the article at ireport.cnn.com... three above the one you quoted

CUjan75
15 hours ago
I scrolled that map (in the link provided) to the area where my home is located in my country and found the patch of forest right next to my apartment block still visible. That area of forest was cleared months ago. So, the map is an old one unfortunately. I hope and pray that all on board the plane are safe and unharmed and that they will return home soon, wherever they may be now.

edit on 810Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:26:46 -050020142014-03-17T13:26:46-05:00pm17America/Chicago by Brocade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

This is one of the best theories I've heard I have to say!

If this is possible, it'd be no surprise that Authorities have no idea where to go & who to ask!!!

Peace Leo!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
video of pilots going through security

link to video
edit on 17-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: vidoe not working

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

This is one of the best theories I've heard I have to say!

If this is possible, it'd be no surprise that Authorities have no idea where to go & who to ask!!!

Peace Leo!

Thank you for that. I have my moments, however few and far between they are.

I sure hope I am wrong because the implications are pretty grim.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Thank you, for the in-depth response/s…
Anytime someone inserts a theory – everyone wants to know if it will work.
I appreciate the time & effort you invested into giving thoughtful responses to my questions.
It is easy to speak in terms that make no/little sense to those not familiar with your particular arena of expertise, and, for me, you spoke very plainly (again – thanks!).

I don’t know, however, that I can agree with your initial statement that – this was a ‘perfectly logical explanation’. It still seems to me, that…there are gaps. Not that what you have suggested ‘could not happen’, but, imo, it doesn’t slip snuggly into the puzzle presented thus far.

Being that the ‘facts’ morph daily, in this case, I see no reason to challenge your proposition.
It is best to explore any/every viable explanation – to see if the shoe fits.

Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
one of the members here has found a plane in a TomRod map. there is a thread here on ATS about it. maybe you all should have a look to see if maybe he could be on to something.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well I've visited here a few years and I've always seen you as level headed & consistent, so don't be too hard on yourself!

As for implications, it could be a sad ending, we all hope not, I hope, but at this stage any outcome will probably be heartbreaking!!!
Unless a hostage situation occurs, or is currently occurring, it seems pretty bleak!

Peace Leo!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
video of pilots going through security

link to video
edit on 17-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: vidoe not working

See when the pilot passes the detector?
The thing goes up to red.
Three pats and he is clean.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

It did look like pilot #1 set it off but could not tell if #2 did (didn't look like it anyway).

Does Malaysia not use the wands? The pat down did appear to be quite thorough

edit on 17-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add

edit on 17-3-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The image from the other thread, hope that's allowed.

edit on 17-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know the aircrafts registration/flight code can be changed on the transponder, and show up on radar, but how about the MSN or Hex code that is like the aircrafts construction number, i know this number stays with the aircraft throughtout its life, and cant be changed as it goes right back to the manufacturer.
So am i right in assuming with an aircarft broadcasting its transponder, it cant be hidden so this would highlight the plane?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

And the non enhances version

Did we not see this a few days ago, according to post it's from 12 th March at 0449 am and gives coordinates.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Thats not a treble seven, wings not big enough not swept back enough, rear stabs not large enough, and also weres the two engines? they are very large on a 777.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I still can not get over what i read on another site about the plane being declared as "Written Off" that would be like having your car stolen and then while it is still missing, the authorities where your car is registered has it written off without saying.

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join