It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

auroraaus
Re: The Suicidal/Protesting Pilot theory

If I were to protest about the government and blatant corruption or their smear campaign against the opposition, would I really think taking the plane I was flying, with 238 other innocent souls, on a magical mystery tour? As a devoted follower of Anwar, would I really want to cause an event to besmirch his name further?

I don't buy the theory. Do any of you honestly believe it?

(I bring this up again because I am getting a little sick of hearing about it in the media and on social media)

No I certainly don't. He seemed to be a man happy in his life and career and not at all distressed or maladjusted.

In USA you wouldn't call pilots who voted Republican potential suicide risks purely on the basis of political belief.

I am like you fed up and annoyed with the Malaysian Government not telling us the truth or releasing information ambiguously.

If I were the head of state of a monarchistic autocracy surrounded by sycophantic relatives in high government positions with a cash strapped airline which can't afford to give pilots ACARS service and possibly doesn't perform regular enough service on aircraft generators, I would want to hide behind blaming pilots or terrorists too.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

sy.gunson

If I were the head of state of a monarchistic autocracy surrounded by sycophantic relatives in high government positions with a cash strapped airline which can't afford to give pilots ACARS service and possibly doesn't perform regular enough service on aircraft generators, I would want to hide behind blaming pilots or terrorists too.

This conjured up a vivid picture in my head - coffee now on my computer screen!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

I was buying it, but I'm not now--in the last few hours, I've had a 180 degree change in my theory.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

sy.gunson

DrHammondStoat
More confusion !

During the press conference the Malaysia authorities spread more confusion about the location and timing of when the plane’s communication system was turned off.

Hishamuddin said the Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (Acars) was turned off just after the plane flew over the city of Kota Baru. The transponder was switched off near the Igari waypoint over the South China Sea.

But Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the Acars system could have been turned off at any time during a 30 minute period.

So all the reports that the pilot said "good night" KNOWING the communications were turned off could be bollocks!

I agree and have changed my mind of what I first thought. Malaysia is not forth coming on anything about this story. I posted this earlier but it is not as exciting as all the other theories. Malaysia blew that plane to kingdom come for political reasons.

snip
Maybe, this is as good as anything else we can come up with, the Malaysian blew up their own plane. That is why they are not giving up info and just searched the pilots home yesterday.......Captian Shah was an ‘obsessive’ supporter of Ibrahim. And hours before the doomed flight left Kuala Lumpur it is understood 53-year-old Shah attended a controversial trial in which Ibrahim was jailed for five years.

Campaigners say the politician, the key challenger to Malaysia’s ruling party, was the victim of a long-running smear campaign and had faced trumped-up charges.

Police sources have confirmed that Shah was a vocal political activist – and fear that the court decision left him profoundly upset. It was against this background that, seven hours later, he took control of a Boeing 777-200 bound for Beijing and carrying 238 passengers and crew.

snip
The revelations about Zaharie’s political affiliations are highly sensitive in a country where political dirty tricks are widespread.

One of the investigation sources said: ‘We are looking into the theory that Zaharie’s political beliefs may be a factor. There are huge sensitivities surrounding this but we cannot afford not to pursue any angle brought to our attention.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tion-leader-sodomite.html#ixzz2wDgmL1Mh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tion-leader-sodomite.html#ixzz2wDdTmQ49
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Malaysian Government is intentionally causing confusion and misinformation to deflect responsibility and investigation of its own failures.

I have learned through a professional aviation website that Malaysian Airlines refuses to pay for satelite bandwith for their pilots to use ACARS therefore Malaysian Airlines only enable ACARS to be connected at airport terminals via wi-fi or cell phone networks.

It is only enabled by Rolls Royce at the request and expense of Rolls Royce to monitor engine behavious as and when Rolls Royce request it.

Therefore when the Malaysian Government tried to suggest something sinister about ACARS being turned off on MH370 they were being misleading. Malaysian Airline pilots are always required to turn off ACARS unless directed otherwise.

The vast majority of you people are being led by the nose by lies and disinformation from the Malaysian Government. You never question anything they tell you or think for yourselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

liteonit6969
Hi this is my first post so not too sure best format to write up. Looking through the forum ive seen a post say that the plane limited the seating number of passengers (minus 20) to possibly allow for more cargo. However could this not be a well calculated weight for fuel plan that they needed this extra 400kg of weight in order to reach the destination. Therefore instead of searching within the vast area of the possible distance travelled should they not take the normal fuel amount and distance it can travel from its last known destination and search beyond this perimeter up to the extra fuel added to the flight. May be something thats already been discussed but thought id share.

liteonit6969

I've read some people saying there were close to 50 empty seats, but I don't think that's accurate. The passenger manifest lists 227 passengers and 12 crew. Total 239 souls. www.malaysiaairlines.com...

This seating chart for a Malaysian Air 777-200 shows a total of 250 seats. So they had 23 empty seats. 23 x 150 lbs. = 3450 lbs.

Maybe there was 3450 lbs. of gold on board.

EDIT: Welcome to ATS!

edit on 17-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: welcome to ats think tank

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

I'm with you. Makes you wonder why the Malaysian airport didn't shut down immediately when they realized 370 was missing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
[url=http://video.foxnews.com/v/3350472843001/terror-informant-malaysian-men-planned-to-hijack-a-plane/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips&v=3350472843001 ]http://video.foxnews.com/v/3350472843001/terror-informant-malaysian-men-planned-to-hijack-a-plane/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips&v=3350472843001[/ur l]

edit on 17-3-2014 by mcanuckt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Kinda sorta related. Boeing 757 wing falls apart on Delta flight in Florida. 757-767-777. Maybe something like this happened to MH370?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 17-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

UKGuy1805

Ar but there were atleast two to three other flights within 50-60mile range at the same alitude, why did they not see the "explosion"?

MH370 did talk via radio with the crew of a Japanese B777, but that aircraft was somewhat distant.

Between 22:00 and 01:00 (local time), more than 16 flights leave Singapore and Kuala Lumpur headed for Europe, flying similar tracks, most of them within view of each other. The flight path from KUL towards PEK however only has MAS370, ETD around midnight with the next flight towards similar destination succeded or preceeded more than 1 hour either way, thus no other flight would witness the event visually;

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

drwill

I'm with you. Makes you wonder why the Malaysian airport didn't shut down immediately when they realized 370 was missing.

Airports and ATC can't just close down with other aircraft in the air. It does not assist any search.

After it handed off at waypoint IGARI (@35,000ft), equidistant between Vietnam and Malaysia Malaysian ATC had no duty any longer to monitor the aircraft and it seems the monitoring after this was by the Malaysian Air Force.

As I understand it the aircraft disappeared from military primary radar at 45,000ft then reappeared at 02:40am returning westbound from the Gulf of Thailand at 23,000ft.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Question: Does anyone remember where in this thread or another it was discussed about the radar where another jet (theorized to be military by how fast it accelerated) or craft took off very fast right before last contact. I think it may have been a video.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Mikeultra
Kinda sorta related. Boeing 757 wing falls apart on Delta flight in Florida. 757-767-777. Maybe something like this happened to MH370?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 17-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

I was thinking more in terms of an electrical fire like this one in the cockpit of an Egyptair Boeing 777 in 2011.

and this was what it did on the outside making depressurisation a certainty if it happened to MH370:

Fortunately this aircraft though full of crew and passengers had not been pushed back from the gate. Oxygen lines to pilots were threaded through the avionics bay to the cockpit and fed the fire with pilot oxygen.

Boeing 777 avionics bay:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No, that was based on a fact - I watched them on FR24, they were both chinease A320 aircraft, the one on the left side of 370 was about 50miles away at the same alt, and there was another on the right that was about 60miles away and again at the same alt.
There was also a third aircraft about 100miles away flying an opposing route slightly to the right of 370 and coming from china to malaysia.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Let's not forget the goal of commercial aviation is to be seen. They spend millions to be seen.

If you have a PIC who doesn't want to be identified, he's going to be successful.

And the odds of a non-ATC flight hitting another are about the same as two bullets in a firefight hitting each other.

It's big damn sky.

Remember this, a 777 without ACARS or a transponder looks the same as general aviation blip.

And in that part of the world, I don't trust the technology.

In the past we've had small planes land on the White House lawn and in Red Square.

And both were a complete surprise to the security forces.

And the technology we had then, was still likely better than what some of these countries have today. That stuff is expensive.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Thanks for explaining. I have worried and worried about this.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Latest news snippets for those of ATSers who might not feel like reading 200+ pages:

USS Kidd quits search

The U.S. Navy has called off the USS Kidd and its two MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopters from the search for the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 that disappeared more than a week ago, Navy officials announced late Monday. The Kidd will head back to the South China Sea to resume its scheduled operations, said Marks.

Passengers did not pass out - expert

PASSENGERS on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight would not have passed out as the plane climbed to 45,000 feet, above its maximum flying altitude, according to a leading aviation expert.
Former Qantas head of safety Ron Bartsch dismissed speculation the erratic change in altitude shortly after contact with the plane was cut off was an attempt to render passengers unconscious.

“There would be a lot easier ways of doing that,” he said.
Please note, that he is holding a live Q&A on that website or just click links from news.com.au in about 30mins time.

Malaysia backtracks again

As the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stretched into a 10th day, the Malaysian authorities on Monday identified the plane's first officer as the last person in the cockpit to speak to ground control. (Read more) But the government added to the confusion about what happened during those key minutes by withdrawing its assertion that the radio signoff had come after a crucial communications system was disabled.

Chinese nationals "We are under observation all the time"

The next of kin of the passengers on missing Flight MH370 who were flown here from Beijing have likened their stay in Malaysia to being locked up.

They checked into a five-star facility here on March 11 but the families complained that they had little freedom as they were put under close observation by Malaysia Airlines officials.

At least 20 Chinese nationals are believed to have taken up the offer by MAS to travel to Kuala Lumpur as they await news on the missing flight which disappeared on March 8 with 239, including 153 Chinese nationals, on board.

“We are under observation round the clock. We feel like we are being locked up. There is no freedom,” said a Mr Xu, whose wife was among the passengers, in an interview with Hong Kong-based Phoenix TV.

MAS has been accommodating the Chinese families with their transportation and lodging needs from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur even though the information received in both countries is the same, as Firefly chief executive Ignatius Ong, who heads the command centre at Lido Hotel in Beijing, had pointed out

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

The USS Kidd is leaving...that feels significant.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My hunch, has all along been, that someone got into that cockpit and held a "gun" to their heads. Likely it was someone with some knowledge of planes in general, and knew to make them turn off all the various comm systems, climb to altitude, de-pressurize...etc. Likely it was someone they trusted. The invader's intent was to either steal the plane, for malicious use, or for it's contents. I am guessing it was the former, a 9/11 copycat scenario. The pilot may have purposely avoided the invader's targeting instructions, fooling him into thinking they were heading where he wanted to go. Instead, navigating by feel, he took the plane away from any civilization, flew it out of fuel, waited for daylight, and probably did a nice water landing, keeping the plane intact. He knew that if he flew into ground radar, he would have been shot down, so he took the best option. Unfortunately, I suspect that soon after completing the water landing, the plane sank, wholly intact, leaving no debris, no crash signal, and a pinger so far into the Indian Ocean, that we haven't gotten close enough to detect it yet.

This seems like the most probable scenario, given what we think we know so far.

Keep it simple.
edit on 17-3-2014 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The role of the datalink service provider is to deliver a message from the aircraft to the ground end system, and vice versa.

Because the ACARS network is modeled after the point-to-point telex network, all messages come to a central processing location. The datalink service provider routes the message to the appropriate end system using its network of land lines and ground stations.
The ground end system is the destination for downlinks and the source of uplinks. Generally, ground end systems are either government agencies such as the Civil Aeronautics Administration or the Federal Aviation Administration in the United States, an airline operations headquarters, or, in the case of small airlines or general aviation consumers, a subscription based solution.
There are currently two primary service providers of ground networks in the world (ARINC and SITA), although specific countries have implemented their own network with the help of either ARINC or SITA. ARINC operates a worldwide network and has also assisted the Civil Aviation Administration of China, as well as Thailand and South America with the installation of VHF networks. SITA has operated the network in Europe, Middle East, South America and Asia for many years. They have also recently started a network in the USA to compete with ARINC.

Wiki Link

Concerning the idea that Malaysia Air uses limited ACARS traffic and not in flight.

So would not the service provider know what level of ACARS service it provides to Malaysia Air. (By volume of message traffic) Nothing about MA not using it in flight other than because of Rolls-Royce engine requirements. Is this news media just making assumptions? If KA they does not, I wonder why no one has state such.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

Like a "Let's roll" type of response?

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join