It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't put much weight behind places like Pakistan saying it didn't fly over because they would have seen it.

We sent aircraft into Pakistan for the Bin Laden raid and while the Blackhawks were stealth, the Chinooks were not.

And they didn't know we were there until things started blowing up.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Boeing777

theabsolutetruth
Reports are that it was the co-pilot that said last transmitted words. Also that another crew member had a flight simulator.

The idea that people believe that the home flight simulator is somewhat linked to the hijacking is getting on my nerves.
No idea if it is or not, but authorities are investigating all passengers and crew for piloting skills which apparently may have been involved in the incident, so his piloting skills do a lot more to make him a suspect than the flight simulator, unfortunately. If the flight simulator shows the pilot had been making practice flights to Kyrgyzstan on the sim and the plane is found in Kyrgyzstan, then yes the sim COULD have a link to the disappearance, which is why the simulator was taken from the pilots home and reassembled at the police station for investigation, to look for any such clues. I can understand why police want to search it, but not knowing the search results, it's unfair to suggest there's a link.

Just the fact that he had a flight sim isn't evidence of anything but a hobby as you said.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I agree, just because the pilot has a simulator does not make him guilty, however completely understand why the authorities would take it away for examination as they need to rule out all possible angles, that will include crew and passengers.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

It doesn't make him guilty, but if he has been flying through the Himalaya's in his spare time, it will still be on the hard drive.

He obviously didn't need it to hone his skills, 18,000+ hours is a pretty big number for a guy his age.

But if he was using it plot routes, AGL and waypoints in the suspected area of disappearance, there may be a problem.

On the bright side, it could clear him too.

The report that his family left town the next day is a little troubling, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

They live in a gated community, safest just to stay put.

Report on news this morning said 2 of the flight crew had home simulators, and the chief steward also.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

rockflier

Boeing777
reply to post by Boeing777

The elevators are out of shape. Notice it?

Thanks for the confirmation Boeing. Right after this image was posted I made the comment that there were discrepancies between images. I was no so politely told that that was due to the methods used in the photography, etc. It has been a pleasure "working" with you. I am fading away, as some of the newer members in this forum have become increasingly belligerent, aggressive, and demeaning. I will lurk and watch you and sy and a few others continue with your excellent analysis, information, and quest. Watch your 6.

Please don't refrain from posting, many others and I value your expertise and knowledge. Don't let "know it all" types influence you! Here is a close up of the image I think you are referring to. I zoomed it in as close as I can. Look at it closely, the multi-colored imaged is highly pixelated. It looks like the rear of the fuselage is a little broken up! Maybe this is MH370 ditched in the river, and the photo has been tampered with to make it appear to be in the woods. The other plane (white) may be photo shopped in to make it appear as being the same aircraft.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have no idea who this is but just read it and thought some others on ats might like to read it too, again don't shoot me, I don't know the source and if they're any good.

link to before its news post thailand

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Where did that image come from? Is there a source or story linked with it?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If this is a plot to get a long range plane for a terrorist attack, two things come to mind.

-Is it just for the possible large fuel load that can be on board to fuel fire after a short flight and crash.
-An attempt to fly to a far away destination because of the range of the 777.

If it is the long flight option I say good luck. If it is detected every fighter pilot along the way will be gunning for it and I bet on the fighter pilots winning.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

edit on 3/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Has there been any conjecture as to the possibility of the Chinese intelligence taking the plane? (For whatever strategic reason). Sounds as if it could have made it to Beijing after all, albeit invisibly.

Same goes for the post above re: CIA taking it to Thailand.

Seems like it would have taken some kind of highly planned secret service operation to disappear a plane in such a fashion.

If the Inmarsat handshakes/pings were overlooked in this operation, then they are busted and cannot plant wreckage. If that's the case then we'll never know what happened, the plane will never be found.

edit on 17-3-2014 by voided because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Well, according to the guys that know more about these planes and aviation than most on here, the plane could have had its identifiers changed by avionics at most any airport it would have landed at. This would allow it to fly anywhere looking like it is a different plane altogether. Granted that it would most likely be picked up as a flight that didn't belong or a duplicate after a period of time, but from what the experts say this can be done.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Yes there is. But give me a little time to find it.

EDIT: Thanks roadgravel!
edit on 17-3-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

roadgravel

Vasa Croe

Link

Thanks!

Is that an actual live satellite image? I would think if that was a real plane and not photoshopped, it would be severely broken up and not just sitting in a perfect plane sized cutout in the foliage.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That plane is in the air and the other image is the shadow.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Those here think it is an error caused by the imaging process and it is a real plane in flight. I didn't find anything that showed the date of the image though.

edit:

Another photo was post pages back showing it happens due to the imaging process.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Boeing777

It is only you making that assumption, the fact that other crew used simulators or the pilot did doesn't mean blame, it is just another bit of intel that might be significant, that's all that appears to be being said.

Are you suggesting the news censored to suit your ego?

I think you mentioned maybe a few times each page about using a flight sim, which is neither here nor there. You aren't being suspected of piloting the flight so it is irrelevant.

The fact those on board did is RELEVANT in that they perhaps had flight EXPERIENCE which would be required in a SABOTAGED flight. The investigators are looking for perpetrators, such intel is highly RELEVANT.

Perhaps you want to write to the investigators and tell them to stop printing flight sim things as it ''gets on your nerves''.

I, however shall continue to post headlines and information from the investigations as I choose.

Perhaps you could stop making assumptions about my posts.
edit on 17-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

roadgravel

Vasa Croe

Link

Thanks!

Is that an actual live satellite image? I would think if that was a real plane and not photoshopped, it would be severely broken up and not just sitting in a perfect plane sized cutout in the foliage.

U.S Airways Flight 1549 landed intact in the Hudson River and remained intact. If MH370 ditched in the river, the satellite photo could have been tampered with to make it appear to be in the woods. The multi colored image has a pixelated cube around it, signs of tampering. It also looks like an evacuation slide on the aft left side of the fuselage. Meanwhile on Diego Garcia one of Malaysian Air other out of service 777 (similar paint scheme) is being loaded for the attack mission. When ready it will reappear as MH370! Any passengers surviving the ditching in the Adaman Islands could be in the jungle there, status unknown.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Interactive map of possible landing places.

INTERACTIVE MAP

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

On page 197 of this forum, this first appeared. It was posted by a frequent poster in this forum. Here is the link to the actual cnn atricle it came from CNN Article

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

rockflier

Vasa Croe

On page 197 of this forum, this first appeared. It was posted by a frequent poster in this forum. Here is the link to the actual cnn atricle it came from CNN Article

Thanks! And I am one of those that appreciates your contributions to this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join