It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

If one looks closely at both images, one can see that there appears to be some sort of overgrowth or overlay on the elevators, ailerons and other surfaces of the white image. This suggests photo shopping as you stated. The pixelation of the color image was explained away somehow, I do not recall.

I wholeheartedly agree with your analysis. This is bogus.

EDIT: Thanks Vera. I let emotion overshadow our quest for truth. I can attribute that to old age, disabilities arising from Agent Orange, and just general allergies to BS and A--holes.. I return! Thanks again!!
edit on Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:44:31 -050020142014-03-17T10:44:31-05:00kfMonday44America/ChicagoMon, 17 Mar 2014 10:44:31 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by rockflier

I cannot agree with this, as aircraft motion would appear as a blurred path as opposed to 2 distinct images, albeit one transparent.

A satellite image is composed of multiple separate scans, not a single long exposure. The plane moves between scans.
www.exelisvis.com...

For anyone who is wondering why there are two images of the plane in the satellite image and who may have missed this post.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

rockflier

Vasa Croe

Where did that image come from? Is there a source or story linked with it?

On page 197 of this forum, this first appeared. It was posted by a frequent poster in this forum. Here is the link to the actual cnn atricle it came from CNN Article

Except the plane would have been over that area at about 3 or 4 A.M., that picture looks like daytime.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I never questioned why the 2 images. My question was why the disparity between physical characteristics of the 2 images as well as the apparent overgrowth of areas on both images. Ah well just my opinion, take it for what it is worth. Not worth my getting worked up over.

EDIT: I also questioned why the daylight appearance when it would have been in this area during hours of darkness.
edit on Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:59:19 -050020142014-03-17T10:59:19-05:00kfMonday59America/ChicagoMon, 17 Mar 2014 10:59:19 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

rockflier

Vasa Croe

On page 197 of this forum, this first appeared. It was posted by a frequent poster in this forum. Here is the link to the actual cnn atricle it came from CNN Article

Except the plane would have been over that area at about 3 or 4 A.M., that picture looks like daytime.

You are missing the point that the multi colored image may be separate from the image of the white plane. The white plane could have overflown the pixelated image that could have been ditched in the smooth waters of the river. That pixelated multi color image was then placed over the foilage to make it appear as a shadow image of the white plane. Why is there a perfect square of pixelation around the multi colored plane? I am searching for the images of planes with a trailed multicolored shadow image. I've seen them before. This looks different. When I find it on Google Earth I will post it and you'll see the difference.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rockflier

That would be, I believe, due to the double exposure of the image. The two separate scans are combined into one image and anythign that has moved significantly between scans (such as the plane) would show up as a 'ghost' image.

It would be like taking a picture with a film camera and re-exposing the same frame with a new person in the image to make them appear like a ghost as the original image would still be in the frame.

Of course, I could be wrong.

btw: I too am one who appreciates your input. This whole thing is just too bizarre...

Yes, the daylight in the satellite image does present a problem if this is being purported to be that flight.
edit on 17-3-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: daylight?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

rockflier

Vasa Croe

There's no date on the satellite photo! It could have been taken days later if the plane was down in the river, and moved over by manipulation (photoshop).

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Pixels are a part of any digital photo, especially when you zoom.

What I'm saying is that it's not a pic of MH370.

I could list 1,000 reasons, but I don't have that much time.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Mikeultra

Hmmmmmmm

rockflier

Vasa Croe

There's no date on the satellite photo! It could have been taken days later if the plane was down in the river, and moved over by manipulation (photoshop).

If they were going to photoshop the image why wouldn't they just photoshop the 'plane' out?

Also, the picture is a couple of years old according to one of the comments on the article.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

reply to post by civpop

reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

Is it not a possibility that if this is some sort of False Flag to gain more flight restrictions...
Or even a cover up to disguise the true outcome...

That the Authorities could add journeys to the Simulator just to make it look like it was the Pilot the whole time???

I don't expect you to know how Simulator Harddrives work, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if you did, ATS is home to many Genii!!!

Peace people!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

Pixels are a part of any digital photo, especially when you zoom.

I could list 1,000 reasons, but I don't have that much time.

Here's just 3 examples of the phenomena that look nothing like the image in the Adaman Islands. Didn't take much time at all. I'm not saying for certain that it's MH370, only that it could be down in the river. That cube of pixelation around the multi colored plane is very plain to see.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

I think a lot of us agree on that fact. My reasoning and lack of knowledge regarding the photographic methods and resultant images may have been flawed, but the end result of not believing it is 370 is the same. (Even a broken clock is correct twice a day) Thanks for your expertise and knowledge!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thanks much for the lesson on digital photography! Now, if I can only remember it tomorrow. The memory is the second thing to go.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Brocade

Mikeultra

Hmmmmmmm

rockflier

Vasa Croe

If they were going to photoshop the image why wouldn't they just photoshop the 'plane' out?

Also, the picture is a couple of years old according to one of the comments on the article.

I didn't see the comments saying it was years old. The source was CNN, so ask them why they didn't completely photo shop it out. They want people to speculate about it!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That double-plane picture isn't 'shopped, I think this has been explained as the cause of the double image already in the thread. It really isn't anything nefarious or new, I've seen it several times in many areas of the world via satellite images. I took a screen shot of one exactly like it before here in the US a few years ago. If I recall, this was around Santa Fe, NM.

edit on 3/17/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What happened with the Greek ship and going to a location yesterday ? Or has that happened and nothing found ?

This is getting crazy now,

Could a plane change it's call sign once it's landed, so it's able to fly under a false number at a later date ? Ie from MH370 to something else ?
What would it take to do this ?
If it is possible, given that who ever is in control and has the ability to turn stuff off with no issues and basically fly without trace, could the person in control change the plane id and possibly of flown it on radar under a false number to their intended destination
edit on 17-3-2014 by rabourby because: More text

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Excellent example. It has enlightened me and helps in my quest for truth and knowledge.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
After reading the comments I saw this one!

SYDPAR,www(dot)tomnod(dot)com/nod/ had DigitalGlobe sat images up within one day for searching, i.e. images of 3/14 where available on 3/15. There are rumors that the US DoD has bought all civilian sat image time starting on 3/15, but I can't confirm that.
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rabourby

The "changing of call sign" you refer to would be the reprogramming of the transponder mode s to show a different aircraft number. This is done frequently when a transponder is removed from a ship for repair and subsequently installed in another aircraft. It requires a computer and appropriate software. It would be an easy matter to program a different aircraft identifier or even a bogus identifier in the mode s.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Mikeultra

Brocade

Mikeultra

Hmmmmmmm

rockflier

Vasa Croe

I didn't see the comments saying it was years old. The source was CNN, so ask them why they didn't completely photo shop it out. They want people to speculate about it!

From the source page:

CNN PRODUCER NOTE This iReport has not been verified by CNN.
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join