It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Anti govt shirt worn by pilot.....seems like they're trying to make a case....i still don't think he did on purpose...seems like if he was against Malaysia he wouldve crashed in Malaysia?

Article

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

I wouldnt say the news is exactly quiet. If you look a couple post above, it seems they are sending a SNR now as we speak to a location that they think may be of interest. As far as who they would tell first? Im guessing any of those families who are following online will learn about it from sites like this before the authorities tell them officially.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat

A really interesting perspective. Of course no-one would want to believe that governments would sacrifice 240 people to achieve this - but I'm sure they would.

I get a feeling at least that maybe China and one or more countries are playing a tactical game against each other - neither wants to be the one to reveal their military capabilities although they probably know what happened to Mh370.

The Head of the IMF was visiting Australia a month ago ahead of this year's G20. While she was here she took part in a weekly politically-themed TV show called Q&A (apologies if you're an Aussie and know all this) and said very clearly that it was the job of the government to ensure that corporations have a comfortable and relaxed environment in which to operate and that it was the government's job to secure that environment - practically a direct quote. I believe that is part of what's going on here. If governments have to sacrifice 240 people on the way to creating a relaxed and comfortable environment for business (in the Ukraine or wherever the corporations want) then apparently they will. This is why US is number 1.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I just got back online and see that a question posed to me on page 191 has gone unanswered. Hopefully this addresses the question properly.

kkrattiger
reply to post by rockflier

In the photos you linked to, one shows the cockpit voice recorder panel with a button to Test, & one to "Erase". Why is there an Erase button? Does it erase from the black box too?

The CVR is a "black box".
“By law, cockpit voice recordings may be accessed only by investigators after an accident. When a flight arrives safely at the gate, the pilot hits the erase button,” this study points out. Pilots would have to trust that the information meant to be private would stay private, something that is increasingly difficult to do after the Snowden leaks showed just how pervasive government reach can be."

SOURCE: www.canada.com...

edit on Sun, 16 Mar 2014 08:34:40 -050020142014-03-16T08:34:40-05:00kfSunday34America/ChicagoSun, 16 Mar 2014 08:34:40 -0500 by rockflier because: Added quotation marks

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That's interesting there certainly appears to be a fair bit of debris of some kind in that area.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

edit on 16-3-2014 by Splodge because: Crazy conspiracy theorist... move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

civpop
reply to post by onehuman

That's interesting there certainly appears to be a fair bit of debris of some kind in that area.

What location, do you have a link?
edit on 3/16/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In the middle of the straits. Given the amount of shipping passing through, how would it be missed so long? It may be a bit away from the main passage way though.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Splodge

onehuman
I know people have asked a lot what passenger could be on the plane that is not listed that May be important. It has been itching at the back of my head. Could it possibly be the copilot? Seems I have read a few times his father is connected with the higher ups? Could be why he is easily overlooked when looking for important unnamed passengers. He could possibly be considered important cargo in a sense.
We have any idea exactly what his father does?

The 2nd or 3rd day of SAR, the media here in Australia were targetting the pilots by running a story on a prime time current affairs show about how they had women in the cockpit and smoked or sometihng. I noticed this story went global and other countries picked up on the theme. Why on earth would you pick on the pilots of a missing aircraft carrying Australians in this manner only 72 hours after it had disappeared without trace? I can't remember them doing anything even remotely similar to the pilots of planes that have gone down presumed crashed such as the French flight a few years ago. At the time this story was run, it was still very much presumed there was a fault and it had crashed.

And what happened today? The pilots houses got raided.

Australia, the puppet of the US, has been driving the narrative towards it being one of the pilots and have been since day 3 (approx).

They have to look at the pilots, it's entirely logical as the pilot is in charge of the plane and has the knowledge to kill everyone on board. There are reports going around that they looked at the pilots houses straight away. I agree the media speculation is rampant.

I was reading the www.pprune.org...
forum, someone on their said statistically 30% of commercial crashes are down to the pilot purposefully doing it!

There are cases every single year where pilot are thought to have done this.

31 October 1999 – 217 fatalities
Egypt Air Flight 990, a Boeing 767, entered a rapid descent some 30 minutes after departure from New York-JFK Airport. This happened moments after the captain had left the flight deck. During the investigation it was suggested that the accident was caused by a deliberate act by the relief first officer. However, there was no conclusive evidence. The NTSB concluded that the accident was a “result of the relief first officer’s flight control inputs. The reason for the relief first officer’s actions was not determined.” The suggestions of a deliberate act were heavily disputed by Egyptian authorities. (ASN Accident Description)

29 November 2013 – 33 fatalities
LAM Flight 470 entered a rapid descent while en route between Maputo and Luanda and crashed in Namibia. Preliminary investigation results indicate that the accident was intentional. The captain made control inputs that directed the plane to the ground, shortly after the first officer had left the flight deck. (ASN Accident Description)

news.aviation-safety.net...

edit on 16-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Twitter debris report location

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

roadgravel
In the middle of the straits. Given the amount of shipping passing through, how would it be missed so long? It may be a bit away from the main passage way though.

The currents over 9 days would be a factor, someone with the right knowledge would be able to work out where the debris originally sank and how much it moved.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

roadgravel

Here is the picture in question with that tweet.

Sure does kind of look like part of a plane!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Question:

Does anyone know if the flight crew can be locked out of manual control of the aircraft via hacking of the onboard server?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for posting the picture, I was having a hard time for some reason. Guess we will know in a few hours if it is really something. Shame it will be near or after midnight when they get there though. That is going to make it a lot tougher.

edit: I hit enter before I added this, sorry Im tired. You can track the Greek ship on its way to the debris if you wish HERE

edit on 3/16/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

One human posted on previous page the link I can't link it on my.phone.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I looked into that a bit and got the impression the flow was NW through the strait. That would mean it came from the south which makes it seem less likely.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

From all I have read over the last week, if I understand correctly, I think it is a No, they cant.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

roadgravel
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I looked into that a bit and got the impression the flow was NW through the strait. That would mean it came from the south which makes it seem less likely.

Yes, I see what you mean. The radar info said the plane turned to the west, then dipped down below 23000 feet, then went towards north west towards the Indian Ocean, so the debris is not from something that crashed there.

I think what it did after that is what the Malaysians want info on? It will be hours before the debris is confirmed or dismissed.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Darkblade71

roadgravel

Here is the picture in question with that tweet.

Sure does kind of look like part of a plane!

Location already posted above, sorry!

I personally can't see it being the wreckage, given that it is a very busy shipping lane and also due to the supposed satelite pings up to 8:11am.
edit on 1632014 by TheBlackpoolOne because: Removed part of post which was already posted by another member

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackpoolOne

Yeah, it is really hard to say what it is.

The plane could be anywhere.

I'm not sure how much I trust the satellite pings.
Just seems like everyone is grasping at straws.

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join