It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by TheBlackpoolOne

Yeah, it is really hard to say what it is.

The plane could be anywhere.

I'm not sure how much I trust the satellite pings.
Just seems like everyone is grasping at straws.

I don't think they've got one clue about where this thing is.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by qd22vcc

I am reading elsewhere that there seems to be a report of a greek tanker that seems to have come across some floating tpye of luggage or brief case? Not sure. The source is in a different language. Supposidly a S&R has been sent to check it out, but it will take a few hours to get there.

Source if you can read it

From your article, Google translate

To Greek truck «ELKA Athina» received signal for possible finds fatal Boeing
Located in the Strait of Malacca four hours from the point of findings
PUBLICATION: 12:32 | Last updated: 13:34
Greek tanker named «ELKA Athina» of European Product Carriers interests of the shipowner Karnezi
sailing in the Strait of Malacca received signal, along with other adjacent vessels by a coast station in Indonesia to rush into this position: latitude north and longitude 0551 09 657, 5 East to check suspicious objects that may resemble suitcases and may be fatal from Boeing of Malaysia Airlines. The ship is on a course to this point, which is expected to arrive in 3-4 hours. Evolution comes time which thickens the mystery about the fate of Flight MI370 who mysteriously disappeared eight days. captain of «ELKA Athina» is the second officer and Zampelis Dimitris Dimitris Karagiannis.

could be something who knows, funny MSM has not picked up on this?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Me too, the whole thing is a shambles..

Just having a look for myself on Tomnod, whatever it is it certainly looks strange.

Tomnod

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Makes sense.
I guess a guy who had sim training 9 years ago might think he could land safely in the outback.

What makes you think landing safely would be in the mind of a terrorist? Especially someone from the Uighur region. There's genocide going on there.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Have live chinese hostages. Then they have bargaining chips.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
In order to protest killing of people with similar beliefs a person kills them self and others which brings negative opinion toward people of those beliefs. Yes, that works.
edit on 3/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
More from the last press conference,

"This is a significant recalibration of the search," Hishammuddin told reporters on Sunday. "From focusing mainly on shallow seas, The search was already a highly complex, multinational effort. It has now become even more difficult."

Malaysia's prime minister, Najib Razak, has already spoken with the heads of state of Bangladesh, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and India; the foreign ministry has briefed at least 22 countries regarding the new search efforts as well as any additional countries that may be able to provide assistance.

Those countries include Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and Australia, with special assistance regarding satellite data requested from the US, China and France.

Surveillance airplanes and maritime vessels will also be needed in the search for the missing jet along the southern corridor, where the Indian Ocean can reach depths of two miles and radar coverage is patchy at best.

Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that the plane departed for Beijing with enough fuel only to reach its scheduled destination, so it would have been likely to run out after about seven hours' flight time – if flying at normal cruising altitudes. But with reports emerging that the aircraft may have been flying at altitudes as high as 45,000ft, authorities also confirmed on Sunday that the plane need not have been flying for the duration of the period it was picked up by satellites.

The satellite "pings" that were last read at 8.11am on Saturday – some six hours after Malaysian military radar last detected the aircraft over the Malacca Strait at 2.15am – could still have been transmitting data from the ground, if the plane were to have landed, said Malaysia's civil aviation chief, Abdul Rahman.

"The plane can still transmit pings from the ground as long as there is electrical power," he said.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reports now suggest the pilot knew the communicatons, or at least one of them were switched off when they said ''good night..''

www.theguardian.com...-532541bce4b05b a05a3f8dc9

The person in control of missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 issued their last communication to air traffic control after the first set of aircraft communications was disabled, Malaysian authorities have confirmed, adding further weight to suspicion that the plane was hijacked.

The latest revelation suggests that the person who delivered the “All right, good night” message to Kuala Lumpur air traffic controllers just before the Boeing-777 disappeared from their radar at 1.22am and diverted from its scheduled flightpath to Beijing was also aware that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (Acars) had been manually shut down.

Investigations still do not appear to know who was at the helm and what their intentions were when the aircraft disappeared from civilian radar more than a week ago.

Experts on aircraft maintenance have explained that the plane’s communications system can only be disabled manually – a process that requires switching a number of cockpit controls in sequence until a computer screen necessitates a keyboard input ...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So far, China has been fairly accurate in their press releases, or, fairly able to manipulate MSM reporting -- usually providing info. (or dis-info, depending on how it all washes out) at least a day or two in advance of others.

The latest, along with link:

Citing Malaysian air force radar data, the prime minister revealed that the missing flight did indeed turn back, then flew westward back over Peninsula Malaysia before turning northwest.

"These movements are consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane," he said.

The last confirmed signal between the plane and a satellite came at 8:11 a.m. Malaysian time on March 8, about seven hours and 31 minutes after takeoff.

As Malaysian officials uncovered new data on the possible flight path of MH370 that point to two new corridors and search operation keeps on demanding immense resources, Malaysian government has asked assistance of as many as 25 countries.

It also requested the United States, China and France to share more satellite images along with many other countries.

And

In the last 24 hours the Malaysian prime minister has spoken to prime ministers of Bangladesh and India, as well as presidents of Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan. The Malaysian foreign minister has also briefed officials from countries in the north and southern corridors. This includes a briefing to representatives from 22 countries including nations along the new search corridors as well as other countries that may be able to help.

"Basically, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, China, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Australia have been approached. Malaysian officials are requesting assistance from these and other countries. This support includes general satellite data, radar playback, visions of ground and sea search and assets as appropriate," he added.

news.xinhuanet.com...

edit on 16-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think Bangladesh needs looked at very closely. I knew a man years ago from there who ran a little market in my small town. It was owned he said by his "cousin". He used to invite some of the more friendly individuals in town over for some awesome cooking his wife did. He confided in me that he thought his cousin was a terrorist on more than one occasion but I dismissed it because I think he felt more used by his cousin than anything else (he did all the work and his cousin got all the money).

They ended up moving to Wisconsin because they couldn't make it here. No one would shop at their market because they were practicing Islamist'.

There is also the guy from there who was arrested for trying to detonate a 1000 pound bomb in 2012, in NY I believe. His father was a banker and said he used his life savings to send his kid here to the U.S. to go to school.

Bangladesh is in the northern arc.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 16-3-2014 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Splodge

While I understand your point, can you explain me a bit more the link between MH370 disappearance and the business friendly environnment remarks by IMF representative? Especially that you are speaking about the actual situation in Ukraine. Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

700 to 800 foot from left to right

edit on 16-3-2014 by puntito because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I think we should understand when they say "the pilot", the person who was piloting at that moment or in charge of the communication. They seem not to be able to clearly specify who really answered to the ATC.

Thanks everyone for the press conference updates

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kanbanozaurus

The information posted from the report makes it very clear that ''the pilot'' means the person piloting the plane.

Something that hasn't been reported yet is whether this has been through voice recognition or was a normal thing for the flight's designated pilot or co pilot to say, which would perhaps provide additional information.
edit on 16-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Found this list of Bangladesh airports

Kind ICAO FAA IATA City Name Latitude Longitude Max Runway
Medium VGBR BZL Barisal BARISAL 22.801(N) 90.301(E) 5995 ft
Medium VGEG CGP Chittagong SHAH AMANAT INTL 22.250(N) 91.813(E) 9646 ft
Small VGCM CLA Comilla Comilla Airport 23.437(N) 91.190(E) 2100 ft
Medium VGCB CXB Cox's Bazar COXS BAZAR 21.452(N) 91.964(E) 6790 ft
Small VGTJ Dhaka TEJGAON 23.779(N) 90.383(E) 8310 ft
Medium VGZR DAC Dhaka ZIA INTL 23.843(N) 90.398(E) 10500 ft
Medium VGIS IRD Ishurdi ISHURDI 24.152(N) 89.049(E) 4700 ft
Medium VGJR JSR Jashahor JESSORE 23.184(N) 89.161(E) 8000 ft
Small VGLM LLJ Lalmonirhat Lalmonirhat Airport 25.888(N) 89.433(E)
Medium VGRJ RJH Rajshahi SHAH MOKHDUM 24.437(N) 88.617(E) 6000 ft
Medium VGSD SPD Saidpur SAIDPUR 25.759(N) 88.909(E) 6000 ft
Small VGSH ZHM Shamshernagar Shamshernagar Airport 24.417(N) 91.883(E) 2100 ft
Medium VGSY ZYL Sylhet OSMANY INTL 24.963(N) 91.867(E) 9478 ft
Small VGSG TKR Thakurgaon Thakurgaon Airport 26.016(N) 88.404(E)

Cox's Bazar 17/35 6,790 2,070 Asphalt
Jessore 16/34 8,000 2,438 Asphalt

edit on 3/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/16/2014 by roadgravel because: Adds

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Murdoch but here, for all it's worth, is his reported opinion as posted on Twitter:

www.theguardian.com...-532541bce4b05b a05a3f8dc9

My colleague Shiv Malik has been looking into the Twitter history of Rupert Murdoch, who has used the microblogging site to suggest that the disappearance of the jetliner is the work of jihadists trying to make trouble for China ...

777crash confirms jihadists turning to make trouble for China. Chance for US to make common cause, befriend China while Russia bullies.

— Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch) March 9, 2014
World seems transfixed by 777 disappearance. Maybe no crash but stolen, effectively hidden, perhaps in Northern Pakistan, like Bin Laden.

— Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch) March 15, 2014

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It does look odd.... but do we know what area that particular part of the satellite is from? I don't think tonmod tells you that does it, looks in the next square above right that there's a small ship there, if this was debris, don't forget the satellite images are from day after the plane went missing, surely, the hundreds of ships and planes in the area would have spotted it?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
More resolution with a shade of plane to indicate the size.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by kanbanozaurus

The information posted from the report makes it very clear that ''the pilot'' means the person piloting the plane.

Something that hasn't been reported yet is whether this has been through voice recognition or was a normal thing for the flight's designated pilot or co pilot to say, which would perhaps provide additional information.

Sorry for my remark, not waking up since a long time, so my brain may have miss a few words
despite reading that report on the guardian previously.

Are there any kinds of international standard procedures to record communications between aircrafts and tower control?

edit on kam3bam3201474amu by kanbanozaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are huge shades from left to right like the sun is already low in the west and the objects are standing high in the sea.

edit on 16-3-2014 by puntito because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join