It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
After reading through the federal laws on flags, I think it's probably quite clear that the Mexican simply didn't know of this flag etiquette and because of it had someone trespass and commit a theft on his property.

The vet could have gone in and simply said, "excuse me friend, you are displaying the flag in an illegal manner, you might want to change it before you get in trouble".

Now that man feels humiliated and once again Americans have shown the world their arrogance and flag worshipping indoctrination.
edit on 9-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

So I am the one that doesn't get it....Really?

Have millions of people that don't speak your language or honor your customs moved

Into your neighborhood? It's easy to sit and criticize me when you are not living it.

I was born here. I have seen my Country look the other way while millions of illegal

Immigrants come here and want me to learn their language and honor their customs.

Some of us will no longer sit silent. I am glad he cut down that flag.....Enough.

OK - enough is enough

Boo hoo - cry me a freaking river

I am here as the direct result of immigration - all four grandparents from different countries - with different languages and different religions, different cultures and different customs

It took a while to assimilate - but they were here for a reason. All were proud Americans with history from and a love for their homelands

The kids from those grandparents enlisted - in the American military

You poor, put upon soul...your land - your ways - your life...

you, you, you - all ruined because of immigrants that don't show you and your precious culture the respect you believe you deserve

Your way of thinking is a blight on this land

edit on 3/9/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: to add the source of the problem

edit on 3/9/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: don't type angry :-)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well said.
Glad a question....are all your ancestors from the USA? seeing the USA was founded (tough # to the natives already there eh?) by immigrants I find it hypocritical of you to moan about them.
People want the best for their kids and bringing them to the greatest country on earth would be the first thing on my mind If I came from a worse country.
Also seeing the USA has no official language why are you moaning about maybe having to speak a new one?.
it is like you are cherry picking whom the rights the usa provides people are actually for.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I like the John Wayne aspect of this video, but the owner's reaction tells me he didn't know any better.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

whyamIhere

So I am the one that doesn't get it....Really?

Have millions of people that don't speak your language or honor your customs moved

Into your neighborhood? It's easy to sit and criticize me when you are not living it.

I was born here. I have seen my Country look the other way while millions of illegal

Immigrants come here and want me to learn their language and honor their customs.

Some of us will no longer sit silent. I am glad he cut down that flag.....Enough.

You have no faith in your country then.

One reason I could never agree with the EDL is because, what they don't realise, is that immigrants come to love the country that took them in. I know several Muslims, they do not want to be apart of the heavily Islamic way of life, they still want to be Muslims but they want to be English Muslims and do what other English people do. They love this country and would happily fly our flag with their own.

If you think that all immigrants wont end up loving America, then perhaps you don't love America.

People just think that immigrants are invaders or something... They will never make lasting changes, even if they did want Islamic schools or whatever.

It's just territorial cr*p.

(post by Bundy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Legal immigrants are more than welcome. They actually take a test.

Illegal immigrants just hop a fence and could care less about America.

I find it amusing you guys bash America.

Look at your own bloody history.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Keep your posts straight and reply to who you're actually talking to

I'm as American as you are - and then some

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I starred the post as well, but still felt the need to comment.

What I meant,

It is a good thing that the US has become a kinder gentler nation, but many countries, such as the one with the other flag in this story, have not grown so civilized.

The last thing is that it is still important to stand up for yourself and your beliefs, before you find yourself living in a changed world that is not so nice.

Wouldn't you consider?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

you need to back off the tard word.
people don't like and your gonna get reported and maybe banned if you keep on using it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I don't see any America bashing at all just logical people saying the Vet was out of order...simple as that.
If you want to care for a flag more than a fellow human being well.....

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Battleline

No agenda what so ever,you have kinda proved my point thinking just because I disagree with trespass and destruction of personal property you deem me all anti USA..I'm not. The Christian thing is that they think they are being all persecuted etc all the time and you are an American who thinks Americans are also persecuted when they are not...I thought Americans were above trying to play the sympathy card..oh well.
I just think this is all pointless.
The Mexican dude did not show disrespect at all If he did he would not have had an american flag up and just the Mexican one up.
edit on 9-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I have no feeling of persecution from anyone or this "Mexican" as you prefer to call him/her.

The problem is that you don't seem to have the ability to understand a foreign flag flown over the American flag IN AMERICA, that is meant to be total disrespect. If the person was flying Mexico's flag alone there would be no issue' there everywhere.

The fact you are obviously using ridicule to make your point says even you know what a damn fool your making of your self, but if you really believe what you say then it explains a lot about what is happening in the UK....oh well.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

whyamIhere

I take it that you are able to identify xwho is legal and who is not just by looking?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Sorry I thought under your constitution it was allowed to disrespect anyone or anything?
Stop cherry picking freedoms.
Oh and I like the UK I find we have many different cultures and I welcome them all, we like yourself are a mongrel nation and that is what makes us great.
I think your founding fathers would be disgusted...all this over a flag.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Verbal assault can be a crime, depending on the circumstances.

This has nothing to do with my point, which is that speech can hurt as well, and somethings should not be said.

edit on 9-3-2014 by poet1b because: forgot the not

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

whyamIhere

We're not bashing America... I have no problem with the country. This stuff with the flag though, frankly is scary man.

People should feel united and should stand together, but what is displayed in this video is neither of those things. The only other people who rammed a symbol down peoples throats so much were Nazis, which is also another thing that is becoming a problem in America!

Feel free to love your country, even love your flag. However to condone someone TRESPASSING, STEALING and WIELDING A KNIFE, simply because a coloured piece of cloth was higher than his piece of coloured cloth....

He should be in jail.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I guess Brits only go crazy over Football.

There are, however, many Brits who are unhappy with the current levels of immigration.

What if your neighbor put up a NAZI flag?

Wouldn't bother you at all?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It's easy to misunderstand each other in here - definitely

It is a good thing that the US has become a kinder gentler nation, but many countries, such as the one with the other flag in this story, have not grown so civilized.

The last thing is that it is still important to stand up for yourself and your beliefs, before you find yourself living in a changed world that is not so nice.

It is a very good thing that we've become gentler and kinder - but I wonder sometimes if this is really true. I still have some issues with this - what the Mexican American gentleman in the OP did was not uncivilized - it was just unwelcome and unappreciated. Nobody has been able to demonstrate that he did it to antagonize - but, no matter - his opinion of this country is up to him

This is his right - same as it is yours and mine

Standing up for what we believe is also our right - so long as it causes no harm to others. We aren't at war with each other - at least not yet. If our country (and our countrymen) aren't strong enough to tolerate a difference of opinion or belief - then our constitution is not really worth the paper it's printed on

I believe in peaceful resistance and protest Poet - and I begin to lose respect for my fellow citizens when they are too cowardly to use words to work out their differences, but instead choose to force their views aggressively or even violently

I respect peaceful, thinking people - not bullies
edit on 3/9/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I notice that the people defending this vet are throwing around words like freedom and liberty. I hope I'm not the only one that finds this humorous. So this vet has the freedom to destroy another person's property but this store owner doesn't have the freedom to fly flags in whatever order he wants? As others have pointed out, at least he's flying the American flag. I have seen plenty of people that only fly the Confederate flag. Of course there's apparently no problem with that.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by iRoyalty

I guess Brits only go crazy over Football.

There are, however, many Brits who are unhappy with the current levels of immigration.

What if your neighbor put up a NAZI flag?

Wouldn't bother you at all?

You can't compare a Mexican flag to a Nazi flag.

Also there are Americans that fly a Nazi flag, yet the Mexican one slightly higher than an American one is against Federal law? Madness.

And of course many Brits don't like immigration, it doesn't mean that we condone any form of theft against them.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join