It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

wantsome
Give the Mexicans a break how were they suppose to know proper flag etiquette? Oh that's right they don't even bother to learn the language. why should they have to learn anything else about this country? Maybe if they got in line like everyone else they might know better.

Learn the language what language are you talking about? America has no official language. I would be willing to bet if you asked a hundred people on the street how flags are supposed to be flown in this country over half of them wouldn't have a clue how flags are supposed to be flown.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This claim that immigrants built this country is simply not true.

The people who founded the US are the original citizens of the country, the USA. Before that point there was no USA. Everyone who was here at that time and chose to be loyal to the US, could be a part of the country. They were not immigrants, they were the founders.

It seems all too many people do not want to give credit to the people who founded the US, and want to give it all to the immigrants, who only came here after the pioneers created this nation.

As far as the people living in the territory that would become the US, a great number of them joined our civilization and their descendants live among us in relative anonymity.

It the original colonists hadn't occupied the areas that the US eventually occupied, than the Spanish, or someone else would have, and the Spanish were far more brutal than the people who built the US.

If you think we are too macho here in the US, try living in Mexico and see how much more fair they are.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

HomerinNC
reply to post by Nyiah

Incorrect, you fly the American Flag correct in AMERICA, or don't fly it AT ALL!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong but weren't you famous for 15 minutes for flying yours upside down?

Are you saying that in America, you do not possess the freedom to fly a flag however you see fit?

You were overseas protecting your freedoms, so where did these freedoms go, did they all of a sudden just disappear?

Man, this thread is unbelievable...

Incorrect, I flew my flag according to federal statutes CORRECTLY, no flag flew OVER the American FLag, and I flew it upside down because we were (and still are) in danger.
Show me in the Federal statutes where I flew it incorrectly, ok?

link   
How come we haven't invaded Mexico? Seriously. We invade on the other side of the planet, but not in our own back. Oh yeah, the bear doesn't crap in its own den.

link   

poet1b

The people who founded the US are the original citizens of the country, the USA. Before that point there was no USA. Everyone who was here at that time and chose to be loyal to the US, could be a part of the country. They were not immigrants, they were the founders.

Lol so are you saying the Indians built the USA? Because any white American was originally an immigrant

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Both flags are just a piece of cloth, right?

So how about explaining the difference?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

poet1b

The people who founded the US are the original citizens of the country, the USA. Before that point there was no USA.

If you believe that, then why has your flag 13 stripes upon it?

I take it that you know what they represent.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

We have...

The Pancho Villa Expedition—officially known in the United States as the Mexican Expedition[1] and sometimes colloquially referred to as the Punitive Expedition—was a military operation conducted by the United States Army against the paramilitary forces of Mexican revolutionary Francisco "Pancho" Villa from 1916 to 1917 during the Mexican Revolution. The expedition was launched in retaliation for Villa's attack on the town of Columbus, New Mexico, and was the most remembered event of the Border War.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

poet1b

Both flags are just a piece of cloth, right?

So how about explaining the difference?

Nazism is a symbol of racism and racial dominance. The Mexican flag is just someone's flag, it means 'Mexico' lol

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

By that standard, everyone is an immigrant, everywhere. We should all go back to Africa, except I guess, those with a tiny sliver of Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA

The people who founded the USA, created the US, they didn't immigrate to the US. You couldn't migrate to the US before 1776, because it didn't exist.

Most people back then didn't want to come to the US, because it was a wilderness filled with savages. Only after the hard work was done, and the US became so attractive, suddenly everyone wanted to come here.

Then they claim about how immigrants made the US great on one side, and then bash the pioneers on the other side for taking the land away from the natives.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

neo96
The only flag anyone should be flying in this country is

The

DONT TREAD ON ME.

Flag.

It is one thing to be proud of this country, and it's symbols, but anyone paying attention to current events is this country is not worth the admiration so many people have for it.

WE have become the very things men, and women have fought, and died protecting this country from.

If you think it should be this nations flag you can at least learn the name of it. It's called the Gadsden flag.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Good job! They think they can just come into our country and take it over without a fight. That's like walking into somones home, never leaving and then trying to set the rules. Just rude. Almost like an infestation.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is a sample test legal immigrants must pass.

IFreeman.com

The difference is, if you just jump a fence of course you don't respect our laws.

If you follow the law and learn a little about America. You are welcome with open arms.

America was built on legal immigration.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Battleline

Sorry I thought under your constitution it was allowed to disrespect anyone or anything?
Stop cherry picking freedoms.
Oh and I like the UK I find we have many different cultures and I welcome them all, we like yourself are a mongrel nation and that is what makes us great.
I think your founding fathers would be disgusted...all this over a flag.

One of your UK mongrels as you call them made a comment that " no one gives a damn in the UK, to most here a flag is just a bit of material of little importance " . This helps me understand your anger and misunderstanding as to why someone in America might have such a deep feeling for a piece of material.

It has nothing to do with material but what it stands for, something being from the UK you would never understand.

Believing in nothing while your country is being taken by people that will assimilate you into THERE culture or kill you must be very stressful, I'm sorry if I have offended you, I wish you and your mongrels ( as you put it ) well.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So a flag can stand for something, in the case of the NAZI flag, evil, and maybe people in the US see their flag as standing for something good, liberty.

For many Mexicans, the Mexican flag stands for their claims to territories they never occupied or controlled.

But I guess that is wrong for us to be proud of what our nations flag stands for, but right for you to hate as a symbol.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

buster2010

neo96
The only flag anyone should be flying in this country is

The

DONT TREAD ON ME.

Flag.

It is one thing to be proud of this country, and it's symbols, but anyone paying attention to current events is this country is not worth the admiration so many people have for it.

WE have become the very things men, and women have fought, and died protecting this country from.

If you think it should be this nations flag you can at least learn the name of it. It's called the Gadsden flag.

Hola Amerika. Today is the first day of our 26 week course on vexillology LOL.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Not at all, I think immigration should be embraced! Immigrants provide tax, labour and a little bit of interesting culture that the rest of us can sample.

My family were originally French, we came to England when my family was booted out for being protestant. My family has been in England for several hundred years and we have contributed to the building of this nation.

My family are best known as lawyers, my grandfather fought for the land that my city was being built on, he ensured the farmers got a fair deal for their land. He did this country a service. On top of that my family have fought in wars and have been patriots.

Immigrants do help build your nation, even if it's just by starting a family that will one day do great things.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Corruption Exposed

HomerinNC
reply to post by Nyiah

Incorrect, you fly the American Flag correct in AMERICA, or don't fly it AT ALL!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong but weren't you famous for 15 minutes for flying yours upside down?

Are you saying that in America, you do not possess the freedom to fly a flag however you see fit?

You were overseas protecting your freedoms, so where did these freedoms go, did they all of a sudden just disappear?

Man, this thread is unbelievable...

Incorrect, I flew my flag according to federal statutes CORRECTLY, no flag flew OVER the American FLag, and I flew it upside down because we were (and still are) in danger.
Show me in the Federal statutes where I flew it incorrectly, ok?

No you did not fly the flag correctly and the flag code even says so.

THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1
§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
People ask if it is OK to fly the flag upside down in protest, for example: to protest the economy, an election or against the war. The Flag Code states it should only be displayed upside down when there is extreme danger to life or property. It would be quite the stretch to make an argument that any type of political purpose would constitute “dire distress”. It is recommended that people who wish to make a protest in this fashion do so that it is respectful of the flag. We must remember that our flag represents the government of the United States and all of its policies. It also stands for our freedom of speech, our right to practice or even not to practice the religion of our choice and it represents one united nation in all its glory and the American values. Most importantly it stands for the sacrifices made past, present and in the future to protect our freedoms.

So unless you or your property was under extreme danger you were flying the flag wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

poet1b

So a flag can stand for something, in the case of the NAZI flag, evil, and maybe people in the US see their flag as standing for something good, liberty.

For many Mexicans, the Mexican flag stands for their claims to territories they never occupied or controlled.

But I guess that is wrong for us to be proud of what our nations flag stands for, but right for you to hate as a symbol.

Sure, I get that the American flag stands for liberty. However this is not what I saw in the video posted, it is something that American's seriously lack, and displaying a flag according to the governments rules (all of which I see most of you protesting against).

I saw only arrogance and anger, towards a man who flew a flag slightly lower than his native one.

It is almost fascinating seeing how much faith Americans put into a flag.
edit on 9-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I take note that you didn't reply to my remark about the 13 Stripes on your flag? I wonder why.

If the USA was a complete "New Country" after 1776, why were the names of the original colonies kept? They should have been re-named should they have not?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join