It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here's a news article from Australia making predictions as to what happens next.
I'll list the predictions, but you can see them more fleshed out if you go to the actual article.

1. THE RUSSIANS INVADE FURTHER

2. THE INVASION STOPS IN CRIMEA

3. UKRAINE FIGHTS BACK

4. A NEW COLD WAR

SOURCE: www.news.com.au... 44023987

As for what I think will happen? No idea.
I think it's too early to accurately predict. I am curious to see what affect Kerry's visit will turn out to be, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hello, ive followed ATS for some years now and decided to join because this is really starting to get interesting. I watched some of the live feed on an ATS thread a month ago with the Ukrainian protests going on but Im lost after that. Im just trying to get all of my facts straight here and if someone could correct me it would be appreciated
. What I have so far is that the Ukrainian people rioted because President Viktor Yanukovych decided to pull out of a treaty with EU and they felt EU would benefit them more than Putin and now they are undergoing change of government?

So far ive read almost all the way up to page 30 something but its getting late..

Feel free to correct me but this is my understanding of this whole ordeal so far. So Crimea is being taken over by Russian troops or pro Russian Ukrainians? Also I read that Russia is allowed to be in Crimea via a treaty but I also read that troops dont have any insignia's so why would they be out of uniform if they can be there to defend there bases? There has also been a draft and Ukrainian troops are moving to Crimea. Pro Russian supporters are protesting in cities as well. The U.S and UK must back up Ukraine because of a treaty in 1994. It is still unclear on what NATO may do but so far there is no real reason for NATO to intervene. Also from my understanding both sides are spitting out mass propaganda so its hard to figure out whats really going on. Feel free to add and or correct any info i may have misinterpreted or missed because im sure i did and i want to make sure i have my facts straight, its getting real late here and ive been reading for about 3 hours but thanks in advance and i hope this situation does not get too out of hand. I hope for the best for the people and families in Ukraine. Let them be safe from any violence that may come. Also thank you asen_y2k for keeping us informed and best wishes to you, your wife and your friend that was drafted, stay safe bud!

edit on 3-3-2014 by bugbite because: forgot some info

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
NSA Analyst and ex counterintelligence operative John Schindler said -

When America and the Eu knew the game was over and twenty years of trying to win over nicely Ukraine had failed...they resorted to what they always do..But is'nt it funny how he states WESTERN Ukraine will be crying to break away...
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

statifik

dragonridr

statifik

90% of law enforcement officers stationed in the Crimea, went over to the authorities of the peninsula. The chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Autonomous Republic Sergey Aksenov . Oath of allegiance to the inhabitants of autonomy and brought the heads of key departments . Solemn oath given in Simferopol Crimea security chief , the head of the Main Department of Internal Affairs of the autonomous republic , head of the emergency services , as well as acting chief frontier . A little earlier in Sevastopol oath Crimeans brought commander of the naval forces of Ukraine Denis Berezovsky, who was appointed to the post of Kiev a few days ago . Already announced that he will lead the Navy created the Crimea. Today should be a decision on the formation of the Ministry of Defense . At the same time as the Prime Minister of Crimea , no prosecution of those who do not go to the side of autonomy , will not. " Not a single soldier who does not agree today to take the oath of the Crimean autonomy , will not be charged with any crime , I'll guarantee you . This all military will retain all payments , benefits, all statutory Packages pensions. Nobody gets hurt . we are only talking about cases where soldiers refusing to obey orders , his actions bring harm to life and health of people. Then, of course , all of this will be investigated in the framework of the law , "- he said. Sergey Aksenov also noted that the government of the autonomous republic in full control of the situation in Crimea. In particular, the self-defense forces occupied all the arsenals . Roads duty soldiers and combatants "Berkut" .

So, as far as we see we have no russian troops in Ukraine. We see spontaneously created militias Crimea from illegitimate power in Kiev. Any attempt to break this power on the Crimean peninsula could be considered military intervention bandits on the autonomous republic.

Those troops at the airport were carrying AK 105s this is a weapon carried by Russian spetsnaz not something you would find in Ukraine. Ukraine had made a version of the AK 74 called Vepr. There is no doubt this was Russian troops unless you think somehow someone broke into the russian base and stole them from a special forces unit. I find this scenario highly unlikely Russia is not fooling anyone trust me if i noticed what they were using dont you think every western country knows as well? They are Russian troops spetsnaz are easily identifiable.

Identification of weapons must pass international expertise, and not an evaluation on a photo. It can be characterized as the supply of arms to the most worst case for Russia. We can say that the Crimeans found a hidden warehouse of weapons in their territory or prompted them where to find it. By the way, as did the U.S. and NATO in Syria and Libya, supplying weapons and equipment to terrorists. We do not see anywhere decals armed forces of the Russian Federation. Therefore, we can build any number of conspiracy theories.

This is a new weapon limited production in fact the Russians didnt have enough money to get this to mass distribution so it was distributed to there spc ops. There was no cash of weapons in Ukraine if there were they would have been AK47s. You can try to kid yourself but they were Russian troops i suppose they found russian troop carriers as well in this weapons cache right?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

bugbite
Hello, ive followed ATS for some years now and decided to join because this is really starting to get interesting. I watched some of the live feed on an ATS thread a month ago with the Ukrainian protests going on but Im lost after that. Im just trying to get all of my facts straight here and if someone could correct me it would be appreciated
. What I have so far is that the Ukrainian people rioted because President Viktor Yanukovych decided to pull out of a treaty with EU and they felt EU would benefit them more than Putin and now they are undergoing change of government?

So far ive read almost all the way up to page 30 something but its getting late..

Feel free to correct me but this is my understanding of this whole ordeal so far. So Crimea is being taken over by Russian troops or pro Russian Ukrainians? Also I read that Russia is allowed to be in Crimea via a treaty but I also read that troops dont have any insignia's so why would they be out of uniform if they can be there to defend there bases? There has also been a draft and Ukrainian troops are moving to Crimea. Pro Russian supporters are protesting in cities as well. The U.S and UK must back up Ukraine because of a treaty in 1994. It is still unclear on what NATO may do but so far there is no real reason for NATO to intervene. Also from my understanding both sides are spitting out mass propaganda so its hard to figure out whats really going on. Feel free to add and or correct any info i may have misinterpreted or missed because im sure i did and i want to make sure i have my facts straight, its getting real late here and ive been reading for about 3 hours but thanks in advance and i hope this situation does not get too out of hand. I hope for the best for the people and families in Ukraine. Let them be safe from any violence that may come. Also thank you asen_y2k for keeping us informed and best wishes to you, your wife and your friend that was drafted, stay safe bud!

edit on 3-3-2014 by bugbite because: forgot some info

It's already been stated that the US is not going to intervene militarily. So no WW3, not yet anyways.

No U.S. military intervention in Ukraine

American military involvement in the Ukrainian crisis is unlikely, but there clearly have to be economic sanctions taken against Russia by the U.S. and Europe, said U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.

So it looks like the US won't be holding up their end of the protection treaty they signed with Ukraine.
edit on 3-3-2014 by snakeyes37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Praying for peace.
blogs.channel4.com...

Has two videos.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Seems to be "unfriendly" Russian part of Ukraine may start to freeze:

Arrears of Ukraine for Russian gas is 1.549 billion dollars, with this level of debt and the payment of a country can not save the current discount on gas , RIA " News " is the official representative of "Gazprom " Sergei Kupriyanov . Gazprom : Ukraine can not save a discount on gas "We have good relations with Ukraine , transit goes , so only need to pay for gas ... Currently overdue amounts to 1 billion 549 million dollars. Debt huge not only for the past year , but not repaid the debt for current supplies " - he said , noting that Russia gave Ukraine a loan of $ 3 billion just under the gas debt repayment . " Obviously , with such payments for gas and performance of its obligations Ukraine can not save the current discount on gas now . Arrangements discount provided for full and timely payment of delivery " - said Kupriyanov . " Naftogaz of Ukraine " as of February 14, paid the Russian "Gazprom" of $ 1.28 billion debt for delivered gas last year and asked to postpone repayment of the remaining part of the debt until April 15. As reported on February 3 Russian holding company , the debt of the Ukrainian side to "Gazprom " for the delivered gas in 2013 was 2.634 billion dollars. Thus, until February 15, " Naftogaz " was necessary to repay approximately $ 1.35 billion . In 2013, " Naftogaz Ukrainy " received from Russia about 13 billion cubic meters on average $ 400 per thousand cubic meters . In December last year, Ukraine has received from Russia discount for 2014 set price 268.5 dollars. At the same time agreed that the debt for 2013 to repay the country on January 25.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Armed soldiers without insignia. Sounds like terrorists. If not, then a violation, I suspect, of the Geneva Convention.

IMO they should be ganged up on and shot on sight.

They are demanding surrender? To whom? Mossad? Caspar the Friendly Ghost?

Give them lead. Or did they Sandy Hook Ukraine as well? This could unravel decades of their nesting, worldwide.

Quit acting poor. Ukraine is wealthy in resources and agriculture.

Most importantly, Ukraine is wealthy in spirit. This spirit has been broken by the infestation in the states, and other occupied lands.

They are not here to liberate anyone. Side with no one. Ukraine is free.

# 186
edit on 3-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

They are clearly Russian and they have admitted as much themselves. The only reason they don't have patches is to hide their unit ID's from NATO, this is despite the fact most analysts seem to think they are troops from the 76th Division, an elite front-line unit of the Russian Army.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

What we have at the moment : 1. Illegitimate power in Kiev , as impeachment Yanukovych failed legal procedure, and in fact the power takeover nationalists. 2 . Massive pressure on the new government of Ukraine Russian-speaking population , the adoption of legislative acts that undermine the foundations of the constitution and the right to self- identity in Ukraine. 2 . Eastern Ukraine disagreement with the legitimacy of the new government and the announcement of a referendum on secession from the Ukraine. 3 . Actually capture all power structures on the territory of Ukraine Crimea peninsula local armed population , with the assistance of some well-organized and armed structures , which hold unique identification is not possible. 4 . Information blockade Crimea peninsula from the rest of Ukraine (not mobile and wired communications, as well as the Internet). 5 . Attempts universal military mobilization Ukraine , sounding from the illegitimate government in Kiev. The lack of results in view of the latter chaos both in the government and military units and paragraphs mobilization.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by statifik

Wow - cheers for the un-sourced and totally random quoted text there....

This is a 2nd line...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why and What's the reason behind of it?
press strategy

edit on 3-3-2014 by ahqaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

stumason

Wow - cheers for the un-sourced and totally random quoted text there....

This is a 2nd line...

Wow, thank you for post in which you did not even bother to explain what exactly you do not like. Thank you also, that in his judgment in the previous posts you are relying only on English-language sources, completely controlled by the transnational anti-Russian companies))
I am also sure that you understand that for any international sanctions against any country to prove its participation in the aggression against a particular country in the world. At the moment, except for lengthy statements about how equipped or that participants capture key positions in the Crimea from you is not seen nothing. Of course, you can discuss this with housemate and he can even sympathize with you, but unfortunately, this is not enough international sanctions)
wish you luck in your endeavors)
edit on 3-3-2014 by statifik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I think I made it quite clear - you posted text from an unknown source and without comment, which is actually against the T&C's..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You cannot put Sanctions in place against Russia.

First off, you will never get them through the UN Security Council! Russia has a Veto!

Next, you have to be able to search ships approaching Russian Ports. Russia has a decent Navy, good luck with that. They would blow you out of the water!

Third, Sanctions have been over used by the US. What will you do when everyone just goes

I doubt NATO would even consider it. Remember you have to convince NATO Members, not likely.

Once you try and fail you can kiss the very idea of Sanctions goodbye.

Putin would laugh in your face
He may even playfully put Sanction in place against the US and that would heavily polarize the entire world. The US may just find it has few friends left.

Russia is just too big to Sanction.

P

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

1. You don't need the UN for sanctions - these can be done unilaterally or through other bodies
  2. The Russian Navy is a joke and especially so compared to NATO. Besides, sanctions doesn't mean a blockade.
  3. If NATO countries decide to sanction Russia, that will have a huge effect. Russia relies on the EU for the majority of it's exports and foreign currency earnings.
  4. NATO countries are pretty much all on board with the idea of punishing Russia
  5. Russia is not "too big to sanction". The only card they have is the Gas one and that could backfire horribly on them if used.

edit on 3/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

stumason

I think I made it quite clear - you posted text from an unknown source and without comment, which is actually against the T&C's..

ок. Let's clear it:

1. Illegitimate power in Kiev , as impeachment Yanukovych failed legal procedure, and in fact the power takeover nationalists.

You have seen somewhere an official source confirming that Yanukovych has passed official impeachment? We only saw a violent seizure of power in Kiev. Here I can not give you the source to the fact, which was not. No impeachment, Yanukovych - the legitimate President, the current power is illegitimate. if you know the source, please give a link.

2 . Massive pressure on the new government of Ukraine Russian-speaking population , the adoption of legislative acts that undermine the foundations of the constitution and the right to self- identity in Ukraine.

www.regnum.ru...
www.rg.ru...

2 . Eastern Ukraine disagreement with the legitimacy of the new government and the announcement of a referendum on secession from the Ukraine.

www.nakanune.ru...
www.pravda.com.ua...

3 . Actually capture all power structures on the territory of Ukraine Crimea peninsula local armed population , with the assistance of some well-organized and armed structures , which hold unique identification is not possible.

Here is official interview:
www.rg.ru...

. Information blockade Crimea peninsula from the rest of Ukraine (not mobile and wired communications, as well as the Internet).

www.mywebs.su...

5 . Attempts universal military mobilization Ukraine , sounding from the illegitimate government in Kiev. The lack of results in view of the latter chaos both in the government and military units and paragraphs mobilization.

ria.ru...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You are forgetting the rest of the world! Russia has friends just as Iran has friends. If China joins the fray the US will not have to worry about the price of goods, there will not be any on the shelves.

You can not just look at Russia, especially when every other country knows who started the destabilization of Ukraine. That would be the US. No, that is not the road this will go down!

The US would loose all remaining respect of the entire South American Continent and many other regions. As I said, Russia has friends!

P

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Russian stock markets have taken a beating, if economic sanctions are put into place now Russia will suffer greatly.
But the UN or who ever better be quick about it.

Such a crash was widely predicted by experts after Russia approved the use of military force in Ukraine on Saturday, prompting widespread condemnation from the international community.

Trading of steel and mining company Mechel was temporarily halted as its shares fell 26 percent. Russia’s two largest banks, Sberbank and VTB, lost 8.2 percent and 11.2 percent respectively.

en.ria.ru...
Now watch the US try and place a ban on Russian oil sales and replace the market with their own.lol

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by pheonix358

1. You don't need the UN for sanctions - these can be done unilaterally or through other bodies
  2. The Russian Navy is a joke and especially so compared to NATO. Besides, sanctions doesn't mean a blockade.
  3. If NATO countries decide to sanction Russia, that will have a huge effect. Russia relies on the EU for the majority of it's exports and foreign currency earnings.
  4. NATO countries are pretty much all on board with the idea of punishing Russia
  5. Russia is not "too big to sanction". The only card they have is the Gas one and that could backfire horribly on them if used.

edit on 3/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, you are thinking only tactically , not strategically :
1. NATO will never admit a military intervention in any of the countries possessing nuclear military capability . They're too shy for that.
2 . Do not confuse the military-political bloc of NATO and economic sanctions. It's different international institutions . Your phrase that NATO countries use other means in addition to the UN should be backed up ( as you like to tell others ) specific examples.
3 . U.S. and Western European countries are afraid of political and military cooperation between China and Russia , and they are willing to sacrifice any country in the world , but would not allow it. And sanctions against Russia automatically mean that this country will come out of the WTO , disastrous for its economy and multinational companies who make policy in the West will lose customers in Russia , Kazakhstan and other countries of the "Customs Union" .

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join