It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

PhysicsAlive
reply to post by Salamandy

I think the US would have absolutely no problem pulling off a draft if the US mainland was being invaded by a superior military force

Which no one has the capability to do.

Your red dawn fantasy im afraid wont be coming true any time soon!
edit on 3-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Black sea radio company in Crimea has stopped broadcasting.
edit on 3/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Its the largest in Crimia, reason for this is still unknown.

The reason is obvious: Russia wants to control the flow of information. (Possible inference: things are starting to go badly for them already.)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Forgive my lack of immediately appreciating the importance of this... My Geography on areas below capital city or major region place name is lacking, but I looked it up.

Yikes... This isn't the Crimea anymore.

I had to look it up as well, and according to the Guardian Live Blog it looks like things are getting tense in Odessa as well. According to Google maps, Odessa looks to be about a 9 hour drive southwest from Donestk, and is on the coast of the Black Sea close to the border of Moldova.

There are reports of pro-Russian protesters storming government buildings in Donetsk (confirmed by Reuters) and Odessa.
Guardian Live Blog

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Yes I can confirm that Odessa is flying Russian flag for 2 days, so is Lugansk in the East and Kharkiv in North East, as well as Sumy in north East.

Zaporizhiya had pro Russian protests as well as other cities.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
IF eastern Ukraine and Crimea is annexed by Russia , this would be a master stroke by Putin , already took Crimea without firing a bullet and now the same blueprint of whats going on in Crimea is being seen in Eastern Ukraine

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
After the hew Integration laws passed in the Russian Parliament, all these eastern states have to do is send an official request for Russian integration or request for assisstance.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
OH boy...now the only thing left is for China to show force in South China sea against its smaller Neighbors ... What will US and EU do then ?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
More on the pro Russian take overs in Donetsk and Kharkiv by www.kyivpost.com

Donetsk administration seized

March 3, 3 p.m. -- Around 20 journalists have been blocked at the fourth floor of Donetsk oblast administration seized by the pro-Russian protesters. The journalists stayed in the building since 10 a.m. covering an emergency session of local parliament where businessman Serhiy Taruta was to be presented as the new governor, when the building was taken over by nearly 100 protesters, with several hundreds more of them remaining outside. Oleksiy Matsuka, editor in chief of Novosti Donbassa, a local news outlet, two reporters of which have been trapped inside the building reports that the police guarding the administration made a corridor for the protesters to enter the building. Matsuka reports that the protesters are acting aggressively and journalists are in danger. Matsuka reports that two local stringers working for L’Agence France Press, and journalists from Russia’s ITAR TASS agency are also blocked inside the building. -- Vlad Lavrov

No one in charge of Kharkiv State government

March 3, 2:54 p.m. It appears that no one is in charge of the Kharkiv Oblast Admininstration. In Kharkiv, government workers say they no longer work with the previous governor, Mikhail Dobkin, who was appointed by ousted President Viktor Yanukovych, and a newcomer has not been appointed yet. There's a lot of frustration and confusion -- Daryna Shevchenko

Note, this is mainland Ukraine, not Crimea.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
By the time the Ukrainian military responds there wont be a Ukraine left at this rate

Ukraine's new government seem pretty clueless and incompetent.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Would he have invaded if they were part of the EU?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Well North Korea fired 2 short range missiles off its east coast according to South Korea last night. Maybe this was a "we got your back, jack" moment. Who knows...?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Yikes... i was afraid to see developments in the eastern part of Ukraine. Below is the video what happened in Donetsk

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Wow, I just can't stop thinking about Hitler's annexations and incursions prior to the invasion of Poland in 1939! The world up in arms, but unable/unwilling to use military force; pro German protestors welcoming thier conquering heroes.

I just see too many parallels...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

ototheb85
Would he have invaded if they were part of the EU?

Doubtful.

Britain France and Germany would crush the Russia military before they even got 100 miles in. France and UK share a lot of US tec and so does Germany, our armed forces are (for the time being) a few decades ahead of Russia.

In a war of Defense the EU will win. Its simple logic. It if the EU went on the offensive against Russia the problems would kick in.

edit on 3-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Odessa state council building being stormed too.

Odessa regional council stormed March 3, 3:15 p.m. -- Some 700 pro-Russian protesters stormed the building of Odessa oblast council when it was having an emergency session about the situation in the country. Around 11 a.m. a member of pro-Russian organization broke into the council meeting hall and demanded to talk to the council. When he was refused, the crowd tried to get into the building. Tear gas was used. The crowd demanded that Odessa council didn't keep allegiance to Kyiv. Around 2 p.m. protesters put a Russian flag on the council building. On their demand, the council asked Kyiv to not dissolve the Berkut rior police squads as it planned to do. Other demands were turned down.

Reports of counter rally of 15,000 being held too.

Note, these are taking place in mainland Ukraine, not Crimea.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

If Russia is moving on Odessa, the United States Navy will be called in to blockade the Black Sea. This is Obama's "Kennedy moment."

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

But wont it be a land war mostly and most of the Russian naval assests are already in the black sea.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

crazyewok
By the time the Ukrainian military responds there wont be a Ukraine left at this rate

Ukraine's new government seem pretty clueless and incompetent.

I would imagine they have been advised how to play this by the US and UK who have just visited. Don't poke the Bear, let it have it's tantrum and we'll start turning the screw economically. The Mafia in Moscow won't be so brazen when the petro-dollars stop flowing in and all their assets in the West are frozen - of which there are a lot in the UK!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Mate, what the bloody hell is going on with police/army presence at these government buildings?
Has the new Ukraine government failed to defend these areas from these mobsters?
I think it is time for you to go on a vacation for a couple of weeks, I here Amsterdam is nice this time of year.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
WWIII lovers can be rest assured that this wont be like WWII. Most countries have Nukes.

Nuke makes any small country into a potential threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join