It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 547
<< 544  545  546    548  549  550 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Henry LangstonVerified account ‏@Henry_Langston

Pro-Russia militia deliver ultimatum to govt debt collection office to stop wrkng w/ Privat Bank @vicenews #Donetsk pic.twitter.com/MzwhKn05VO

pic.twitter.com/MzwhKn05VO

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Henry LangstonVerified account ‏@Henry_Langston

Pro-Russia militia deliver ultimatum to govt debt collection office to stop wrkng w/ Privat Bank @vicenews #Donetsk pic.twitter.com/MzwhKn05VO

pic.twitter.com/MzwhKn05VO

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
#Ukrainian air force destroyed an armored train of terrorists near #Sloviansk www.unian.ua... … | EMPR News pic.twitter.com/ipRTjSQ53g

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters · 30s
Mob-rule descends upon Donetsk, 67 pro-Russian activists busted from prison: reut.rs... pic.twitter.com/rVhsD687Bz

edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hope this is just a rumor and there is no invasion to be seen of tonight. However I hope Russia does not invade because if they do this will unfold very worrying events to come in the following days. Worrying for such as the West also.

Provocative movements like this will press the tension as hard as it was when the West faced off the Soviets in the 80's, this could ignite the fuse again.

We live in the 21st century these things should not be happening. Maybe people are waking up and realising and all this revolt happening around the world is worrying.

I've always said that if there was one way we would wipe ourselves out it would be manmade greed, hate and destruction by psychotic power houses.

Yet we have many years to evolve more and explore as a species, for god sakes we have not even yet travelled to another living planet yet we are to discover even better technological advances and better medical care and cures and doing the impossible as it may it seem not now.

But if we carry on down the path of lies and greed then we can kiss goodbye to us as an evolving planet with us on it.

I remember a quote "Love goes beyond the borders, land is not owned by hate nor greed but to be walked upon freely with love and without restriction"

So it goes to Ukraine, Russia and the West don't do something you cannot undo.

a reply to: ProfessorT

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
BBC - Ukraine crisis: Rebels 'retreating' in Sloviansk

Pro-Russian militants just outside Sloviansk have retreated amid attacks by Ukrainian troops, reports say.

Government forces took control of a TV tower in the suburbs and rebels were pulled back deeper into the city, the Russian Interfax news agency said.

Earlier reports told of heavy gunfire, apparently closer to the centre than in recent days.

But a BBC team which has recently reached the centre of Sloviansk says the city is currently quiet.

Four Ukrainian soldiers were killed and 30 injured in an incident in Sloviansk, the interior ministry said.

Four ambulances were seen near the area and at least two separatist armoured vehicles and several rebels were seen in retreat, Reuters reported.

Click link for more info

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
Breaking news: report of a downed helicopter. We are awaiting confirmation |EMPR News #russiainvadesukraine #Ukraine

Kyiv Post ‏@KyivPost · 53s
SBU: Pro-Russian forces still active despite counter-terrorism operation www.kyivpost.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Picture of a Sloviansk rebel wearing the black, yellow and white flag of the Russian Empire, a favorite of Russia's far right groups:
pic.twitter.com/ulno56tUN1

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

@UkraineConflict: Sirens are being heard around #Kramatorsk #Ukraine

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak: Reuters: pilots survive after Ukrainian military helicopter is shot down over separatist-controlled town of Slavyansk in east of the country
Ukraine barely has an Air Force to start with.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4m
Report: battle #Slavyansk ended, killing about 30 separatists -witness pic.twitter.com/2e2V782AqO Unk inj. |EMPR News pic.twitter.com/3WxmXx3E3y

GrahamWPhillips ‏@GrahamWP_UK · 2m
Houses, cars, truck, petrol station - reports the Ukrainian army arrived in the morning in apcs and opened fire indiscriminately.

NBC News World News ‏@NBCNewsWorld · 14s
Civilians in Slovyansk, Ukraine, Allegedly Used as Human Shields

Civilians in Slovyansk, Ukraine, Allegedly Used as Human Shields

Pro-Russian separatists allegedly used unarmed civilians as human shields as they shot dead four Ukrainian soldiers during a firefight Monday, according to a government statement.

The separatists were using "heavy armament and shooting from heavy guns and mortars," injuring 30 more state troops in the city of Slovyansk, Ukraine's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said.

The statement alleged the pro-Russians were shooting from apartment buildings and using locals as "human shields" for cover.

Russian media carried several reports saying that the heavy artillery was used by the Ukrainian military. There was no counter statement on the allegations of human shields issued by the separatists or Russian government by 4.30 p.m. local time (9.30 a.m. ET).

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4m
Report: battle #Slavyansk ended, killing about 30 separatists -witness pic.twitter.com/2e2V782AqO Unk inj. |EMPR News pic.twitter.com/3WxmXx3E3y

GrahamWPhillips ‏@GrahamWP_UK · 2m
Houses, cars, truck, petrol station - reports the Ukrainian army arrived in the morning in apcs and opened fire indiscriminately.

Thats the problem trying to use APCs in urban conflict bullets dont just stop. So its probably not indiscriminately as people think. But thats also why Ukraine has a problem there military is set up to handle an invasion not urban combat.In fact one of the reason i dont think Russia will not invade. Ukraine has actually a substantial amount of armor. Russia would definitely have a high cost there armed forces were about 70000 and they added another 60000 from reserves this is about half the Russian army and way more troops than Russia can afford to pull to move to Ukraine.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Interestingly the person who states he has information Russia will invade Ukraine at 1900hrs tonight is a member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on issues of national security and defense.
edit on 5-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I suspect this gives him more credit?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

You would think so but as I said earlier, I take these invasion rumours with a pinch of salt.

@phlexi: Report: Latest intelligence shows 40,000-50,000 Russian troops still on Ukrainian border, senior US official says... t.co...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That much eh:p So does anyone have their local time or?

Btw; still no word from Asen?
edit on thAmerica/Chicago505000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That much eh:p So does anyone have their local time or?

Btw; still no word from Asen?
Nope, nothing from Asen. He does live in the West of Ukraine so he is safe from what's going on in the East of the country.

More Tweets appearing now in relation to the rumoured invasion. Somehow I don't think it's going to happen. Local time in Ukraine is 1748hrs.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

You would think so but as I said earlier, I take these invasion rumours with a pinch of salt.

@phlexi: Report: Latest intelligence shows 40,000-50,000 Russian troops still on Ukrainian border, senior US official says... t.co...

Understatement thats an all or nothing move for Putin. You know US arms shipments would start immediately. This could easily turn into a prolonged war. Russia cant afford it there economies on the edge now. Much easier to just cause havoc delaying the election until he can get Eastern Ukraine autonomy is there best bet being its highly unlikely they would vote to join Russia.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I agree, it seems this guerrilla warfare is working okay for both parties. Just arm the natives, At one point they will be face to face though.

I think the next round of sanctions might just give that final push.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The rumors on invasion might be accurate. At some point people will stop taking the rumors as fact and will at some point ignore them.

I think the invasion could occur based on that criteria.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

I agree, it seems this guerrilla warfare is working okay for both parties. Just arm the natives, At one point they will be face to face though.

I think the next round of sanctions might just give that final push.

I agree in a way there devastating the Russian economy contrary to there claims we do see its effects. Recently there was a major sell of of Russian investments by US banks which was a side effect of sanctions. But it continues to remove foreign investment and leading to capitol flight. If they keep going im afraid theyll be a point where Russia realizes whats been done and decides to retaliate. Bottom line sanctions are a type of warfare and as of right now its effects arent truly being felt takes a couple of months. What happens when Russia realizes they cant stop there economy from plunging into an abyss. Thats what scares me take away someones reason for being and hand them a gun you dont know what might happen.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think that Vladimir Putin doesn't really care about the state of the Russian economy. He is more concerned about his profile and how he is perceived by his supporters in Russia. It's the typical Macho Man gimmick hence why through the years we've seen him do some strange things. If he invades Ukraine, support for Putin will be at an all time high.

top topics

<< 544  545  546    548  549  550 >>

join