It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 546
<< 543  544  545    547  548  549 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Announcement regarding ?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Military buildup or something, I expect if a invasion where to occur, they would see it on satellites.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago505uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

Would this somehow be related to those other two threads talking about massive aircraft movement?

I believe those were preparations for Victory Day parade in Crimea, nothing else.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
a reply to: ProfessorT

Take a look at the map of the area again and take into account that the troop movements I was mentioning earlier took place in Gukovo, Novoshastinsk and Lysogorka at the same time. And Taganrog along the coast towards Mariupol...

Larger Image

ETA - I added a second map with the names of the cities you gave. I was unable to locate Lysogorka on the map.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm trying to find some news sources on the reported invasion tonight. Here is another Tweet 'cos I know you all love them...

@ignis_fatum: #Ukraine Secret Service:"Unconfirmed reports that in 7pm (Kyiv time) #Russia troops will openly cross the border and invade Ukraine"

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 8m
Currently, Ukrainian army is fighting against approx. 800 terrorists in Sloviansk, who are using heavy machine... fb.me...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have found another Tweet from a member of the Svoboda party saying the same basically in relation to the rumoured invasion tonight.

@yuriy_syrotyuk: Є інфа, що о 19.00 будуть введені війська РФ в бік Антрациту, кордон там оголений, заїжджають масово озброєні російські казаки.
And another Tweet from a journalist...

@AgaSzypielewicz: Dep. Swobody @yuriy_syrotyuk :dziś o godz. 19 cz.lok. "zostaną wprow. wojska FR od granicy z rej. antracyt. Już są tam uzbrojeni ros.kozacy"

edit on 5-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Still no confirmation of the alleged bounty on Russian journalists. On the other hand, there's this:

www.cpj.org...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

If your referring to an earlier tweet about the bounty on that guys head, He is actually British! I have been following this guy and watching his vids.
twitter.com...
edit on 5-5-2014 by ashpack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Well, I don't think they would come out immediately and start pointing fingers.

First of all a thorough analysis is done based on every new piece of intelligence.
Different scenarios are run.
Pertinent info is passed on to those who need it.
And finally, we the public get little bits of info, basically nothing very important.

edit on Monu3112414 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ah yes from the The Moscow Times ‏ a sister network of the New York Times like the Voice of Russia. How reliable.

Simply not true, like much of the disinformation you have been posting!

Voice of Russia is a Kremlin controlled media organization.

The New York Times is an independent media organization -- or did you miss the part where they published information from the diplomatic cables and Snowden's NSA leaks, all against the USA government's wishes?

edit on 5-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

link   
nvm ignore
edit on 5-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
I've found this from the Euromaidan Facebook page:

14:28 Russia might deploy its armed forces in Ukraine tonight – MP Sirotiuk The Russian Federation might deploy its army on Ukrainian territory tonight. “There is information that at 19:00 the armed forces of the Russian Federation will be deployed in the direction of Antratsit (Lugansk region), the border there is bare, mass-armed Russian Cossacks are entering through there,” wrote “Svoboda” MP, member of the committee of the Verkhovna Rada in questions of national security and defence Yuriy Sirotiuk. - TSN
TSN is the proper source.
edit on 5-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 23s
Unconfirmed report: Approx 100men (Caucasus-type, Cossacks) seen near railway station in #Kramatorsk unloading Kamaz truck w/ weapons. |EMPR

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ashpack

I also watched some, not all of his videos. But I specifically remember a few, from the first days of the ATO in E Ukraine, where he filmed in great detail the exact position and deployment of Ukr troops at different checkpoints and was posting pictures of a small patch of trees, were there were several Ukr snipers, where he invited all his followers to find the snipers.

Basically when talking about spies, everyone thinks about James Bond and the like, but some of the things above actually look like spying...
edit on Mon0000003112414 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I do get the impression from his videos he supports the Russians, Weather he is a spy or not i could not say, Crazy Certainly..

I just don't know what to think personally but these reports of a Russian invasion are incredibly worrying and if this happens I will certainly feel for the Civilians of Ukraine.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

That's the fun of it. He doesn't have to be an actual spy, as in employee of an intelligence service, to "spy" and collect information from different areas.

Let's put it like this, in a conflict area what types of people have the ability/potential to move somewhat freely and film locations and other things ? Journalists. Not to say that all are spies.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

That's the fun of it. He doesn't have to be an actual spy, as in employee of an intelligence service, to "spy" and collect information from different areas.

Let's put it like this, in a conflict area what types of people have the ability/potential to move somewhat freely and film locations and other things ? Journalists. Not to say that all are spies.

In some parts of the world, no distinction is made between a journalist and a spy.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

EU Delegation UA ‏@EUDelegationUA · 2m
Meeting between the European Commission and the Ukrainian Government on 13 May

The European Commission will... fb.me...

top topics

<< 543  544  545    547  548  549 >>

join