It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 501
<< 498  499  500    502  503  504 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

If it's a live broadcast you can't embed it.

If you want to embed here
video link :youtu.be/3XviR7esUvo this what you paste in the youtube dialog

Or you can post the link and i'l embed it for ya.
edit on ndAmerica/Chicago502000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: Matt1951
The reason I worry about Asen is that he did not take sides, he presented both sides, just reporting news. The interim government in Kiev may not tolerate freedom of speech. Hopefully he is just busy at work, and not the canary in the coal mine.

There is nobody in Ukraine restricting free speech except the Russians.

Ukraine has blocked all Russian media, at least I think they have, from what has been posted here. The question is, has Kiev now started to restrict freedom of speech? How would you know one way or the other?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

it doesn't matter messageforall solved it.. sorry for the confusion canucks555
edit on v2014144America/ChicagoFri, 02 May 2014 16:18:27 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Matt1951

People are smart, as long as they have internet they can access any news they want. Also if they did cut Russian TV i'm sure I would have seen it appear on RT.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Here's the link

www.youtube.com...

Its not a live feed from what i can see

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Here ya go.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

Yes, Svoboda has some seats in parliament and has been given roles in the interim government

Not just "some seats", key positions if you ask me.
Listed here
So you have nothing against the fact that Nazis are top country officials who actually exercise power in one European country???

But that hardly means that they are sending death squads after Russians as the Kremlin media consistently lies about.

Check number two on the list I gave you - DEFENCE MINISTER IS SELF DECLARED NEO NAZI FROM "SVOBODA PARTY".
Ukrainian military is in the hands of Nazis.

I would venture to guess you are an American by your astronaut quote.

You're off by 7000 miles.

Again, yes I would acknowledge that Svoboda has been given roles in the interim government. Since 2012 they have been an important minority power party in the Rada since receiving 10% of the popular vote. Again, this is the defect of parliamentary governments where even the most radical parties end up being represented in some form.

They might have a defense minister in their ranks but the truth is that they do not control the government outright. There are parties more moderate than Svoboda who hold more power. So again, this specter of Nazism is being used and exploited by the Kremlin to sew fear and turmoil. Show us where members of Svoboda took part in the military exercises against separatists so far. There have been none unless members of this party were incidentally in the military units used.

There are more Nazi and anti-semite sympathizers in Russia today than nearly any country in the world. Anti-semtism is unfortunately part of Slavic culture for many centuries. Incidentally, the aforementioned Russian security company ChOP 'Tsentr-Alfa' who commands the the Russian Cossack units now in Ukraine also uses detachments of mercenaries from formerly fascist Spanish and Argentinian paramilitary units to guard resources here in the United Arab Emirates. There is even a son of an infamous German SS commando in their employ.

Oddly ive never understood that exactly with parliaments if you create a party you will end up with seats its really odd concept for me. Now being part Russian i wont say anti semitism is rampant in russia at least not on my visits. What i will say though is Russian identity has become important. This happens when a country goes through hardships people bond together this leads to a strong sense of nationalism which s on a huge rise in Russia. Everything in Russia is about Russian pride but realize this is the image they need to survive. It gives them comfort when they realize there lives arent up to western standards they know their govt is corrupt but through it all there still Russians.

Now theres groups in russia who indeed try to swith this nationalism into hatred and have some successes in convincing some its a groups fault.but overall most Russians have no hatred of jews for example will this get worse it could Putin is dancing with the devil a bit here. For him immigrants leaving the country is a good thing economically and politically. The Nazis in Russia and Putin have many similar platforms i posted an example a couple of pages back. But realize this is a ,marriage of convenience nothing more. Even people like to make Putin to be a racist hes not. He just thinks like a former KGB agent never pass up on an opportunity.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

so..if I log out of youtube it will work? Still not understanding why it would embed last night and tday nothing is working.

thanks btw for the embed,

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i didn't log out or in on my account. the digits after / is what you need to copy in here, might be a browser related problem?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This map shows how Russia is deploying military assets near border with Ukraine

edit on Fri, 02 May 2014 16:11:59 -0500114America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have come across images from inside the trade union building in Odessa on Twitter. I will not post them on ATS because they are horrifying and show a number of dead people who were presumably burnt alive. Those animals who committed mass murder today whether they were pro-Russians or pro-Ukrainians need to face the International Criminal Court.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

The geneva convention should be respected at all times, remember both sides have childrens or parents. To lose your father or child for another man's war...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
I have come across images from inside the trade union building in Odessa on Twitter. I will not post them on ATS because they are horrifying and show a number of dead people who were presumably burnt alive. Those animals who committed mass murder today whether they were pro-Russians or pro-Ukrainians need to face the International Criminal Court.

They may im still unclear on how it started no one seems to know my guess would be molotov cocktails.The tweets were odd first it mentions separatists firing on protesters in front of the building than tweets about the building being on fire i can only assume they fire bombed them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ProfessorT

They may im still unclear on how it started no one seems to know my guess would be molotov cocktails.The tweets were odd first it mentions separatists firing on protesters in front of the building than tweets about the building being on fire i can only assume they fire bombed them.
Earlier in the day there were pictures taken showing young females making Molotov cocktails from used bottles and petrol cans. These were made during the rioting in the streets. There are also pictures showing people outside the trade union building throwing the petrol bombs into and at the building.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm no expert, but for a fire like that you would need a whole lot of molotov cocktails i'm guessing.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well u do have this type of behaviour,,as well...but hey ya its RUSSIA'S FAULT.

Figure 12.8
Lviv, April 28, 2011; March in commemoration of the 68th anniver-sary of the establishment of the
"Waffen SS Galizien"

also,,,this little tid bit,,
"In 2005,he organized a political think tank, originally called “the Joseph Goebbels

Political Research Center” but later re-named after the German conserva-tive revolutionary Ernst Jünger "
unquote

Do you think maybe it was too soon?????????????????????????/

For further education,,
start here,,
www.academia.edu... ist_Discourse_European_Fascism_in_Talk_and_Text_London_and_New_York_Routledge_2013_228-255

You know i just can't be bothered anymore,,

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The pro Russian group was occupying the building that much is certain. I think it is safe to say nobody in that group set fire to the very building they were holed up in....that leaves one other group. Unless you call false flag - it is obvious what happened here. There are videos on liveleak showing what appear to be Right Sector folk beating people to death with baseball bats AFTER THEY JUMPED out of the burning building and survived the fall. These people are monsters...and Western media will conpletely twist the event....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I think it should be shown.

Show the suffering and death of people that comes from callous and aggressive politics.

If this goes the direction of Chechnya, we have not even begun to see the depth of human suffering possible.

Video of dead pro-Russians in Odessa (warning very graphic)

edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The reason I worry about Asen is that he did not take sides, he presented both sides, just reporting news. The interim government in Kiev may not tolerate freedom of speech. Hopefully he is just busy at work, and not the canary in the coal mine.

There is nobody in Ukraine restricting free speech except the Russians.

Ukraine has blocked all Russian media, at least I think they have, from what has been posted here. The question is, has Kiev now started to restrict freedom of speech? How would you know one way or the other?

I know a significant amount about both Russia and Ukraine due to my line of work which places me in constant contact with Russian business executives, politicians, and cultural figures.

And at least right now there is definitely no blocking of media going on in Ukraine except what has been done in Eastern Ukraine where TV and radio stations have been commandeered by those 'self defense' mystery militias.

Even though the official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian most people speak Russian and consume Russian media. And Moscow's relentless stream of propaganda is hardly difficult to find.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I think it should be shown.

Show the suffering and death of people that comes from callous and aggressive politics.

If this goes the direction of Chechnya, we have not even begun to see the depth of human suffering possible.

Video of dead pro-Russians in Odessa (warning very graphic)

In a way you are right, the only difference is that instead of islamic fanatics we saw in Chechnya we see Nazi Thugs
from Right Sector burning people alive and killing those trying to jump from burning building.
How is democracy going in UAE anyway?

top topics

<< 498  499  500    502  503  504 >>

join