It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 502
<< 499  500  501    503  504  505 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How quickly things can change,,

Kind of makes one nostalgic.
either that or its alergies.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: Matt1951

The reason I worry about Asen is that he did not take sides, he presented both sides, just reporting news. The interim government in Kiev may not tolerate freedom of speech. Hopefully he is just busy at work, and not the canary in the coal mine.

There is nobody in Ukraine restricting free speech except the Russians.

Ukraine has blocked all Russian media, at least I think they have, from what has been posted here. The question is, has Kiev now started to restrict freedom of speech? How would you know one way or the other?

I know a significant amount about both Russia and Ukraine due to my line of work which places me in constant contact with Russian business executives, politicians, and cultural figures.

And at least right now there is definitely no blocking of media going on in Ukraine except what has been done in Eastern Ukraine where TV and radio stations have been commandeered by those 'self defense' mystery militias.

Even though the official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian most people speak Russian and consume Russian media. And Moscow's relentless stream of propaganda is hardly difficult to find.

Stop spreading lies, Russian TV channels have not been broadcasted in Ukraine. Check the facts, do not embarrass yourself.
You are so transparent with your posting it is laughable.
edit on 2-5-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nothing has changed much from the looks of the situation at the moment. a reply to: BobAthome

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
The pro Russian group was occupying the building that much is certain. I think it is safe to say nobody in that group set fire to the very building they were holed up in....that leaves one other group. Unless you call false flag - it is obvious what happened here. There are videos on liveleak showing what appear to be Right Sector folk beating people to death with baseball bats AFTER THEY JUMPED out of the burning building and survived the fall. These people are monsters...and Western media will conpletely twist the event....

So why the HELL is Russian Army not in Ukraine yet ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Uh because they already ARE in Ukraine.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

If it is true about Right Sector's actions. . .

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555
Duh! Gave you a star for that one.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Stalin was responsible for Katyn. You must be thinking about the burning of the Reichstag, which the Nazis did and blamed on the Communists. This is what is known as a "false flag." Unfortunately for Russia, ATS members are firm believers in false flag attacks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

The reason I worry about Asen is that he did not take sides, he presented both sides, just reporting news. The interim government in Kiev may not tolerate freedom of speech. Hopefully he is just busy at work, and not the canary in the coal mine.

Ukraine has blocked all Russian media, at least I think they have, from what has been posted here. The question is, has Kiev now started to restrict freedom of speech? How would you know one way or the other?

I know a significant amount about both Russia and Ukraine due to my line of work which places me in constant contact with Russian business executives, politicians, and cultural figures.

And at least right now there is definitely no blocking of media going on in Ukraine except what has been done in Eastern Ukraine where TV and radio stations have been commandeered by those 'self defense' mystery militias.

Even though the official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian most people speak Russian and consume Russian media. And Moscow's relentless stream of propaganda is hardly difficult to find.

Stop spreading lies, Russian TV channels have not been broadcasted in Ukraine. Check the facts, do not embarrass yourself.

So the pro Russians took over local news stations and didnt change them over to Russia 24 ? icould have sworn i read that do you have a source disputing this?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
sorry that's it I just cant take your bulls... anymore you did not see the petrol bombs hitting the building.I was on the live link I seen it...*snip* you and your country and Obama are backing Nazi's white power types.
I just don't get that 6ft tall blonde hair blue eyes ..

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on Fri May 2 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here's a good link that gives a step by step on the events today with pics (warning, some are graphic)

linkis.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seppirish
sorry that's it I just cant take your bulls... anymore you did not see the petrol bombs hitting the building.I was on the live link I seen it...what a sad f... you are you and your country and Obama are backing Nazi's white power types.

Wow rant much first i dont think i said anything about petrol bombs however i dont think it was NAZIs that did it??? My guess would be Ukrainians from the area taking matters into there own hands after failure of the government to do so. When people are pushed to there limits bad things always happen. As for you your hatred is just seething in your post go have a beer relax it will be ok. And i suggest prove your point in the future instead of resorting to attacking posters.

Now as far as the actions in the bulling this is a consequence of pushing people to the brink of war. You scare people you threaten people and you can guarantee someone will lose it and do things like firebomb your head quarters. For you it was ok for them to sit on the roof firing at protesters i get that because you believe in there cause thats ok. For me both acts are detestable, But im also not blind and i realize that this conflict is going to turn violent it isnt just one side it never is.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So the pro Russians took over local news stations and didnt change them over to Russia 24 ? icould have sworn i read that do you have a source disputing this?

One of the first things Junta did.

As of March 27 a total of 696 providers have complied with the ruling of the Kyiv district administrative court on temporary broadcasts suspension of Russian TV channels - Channel One, RTR-Planet, Rossiya-24, NTV-World - in the multichannel networks in Ukraine.

www.nrcu.gov.ua...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

A decision by a government not to broadcast another nations propaganda shock who would have thought? However as we saw reality is far different what happened is Pro Russians took over the stations and forced them to Russian stations. Before this was even enacted by Ukraine dont try to jumble up the events. Pro Russians systematically removed all Ukrainian stations only leaving the stations that already broadcast Russian television alone. Only after this did Ukraine respond saying well we need to restrict access to RT. Because if RT was fair and balanced it would have never became an issue but there not noor do they have to be there Kremlin TV. They can say whatever they want in Russia however when broadcast in other countries they are restricted to the laws of that country. Even here in the US if RT breaks FCC regulations they will lose there right to broadcast.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

sorry that's it I just cant take your bulls... anymore you did not see the petrol bombs hitting the building.I was on the live link I seen it...what a sad f... you are you and your country and Obama are backing Nazi's white power types.

Wow rant much first i dont think i said anything about petrol bombs however i dont think it was NAZIs that did it??? My guess would be Ukrainians from the area taking matters into there own hands after failure of the government to do so.

Are you saying Kiev Junta failed to burn people alive so Right Sector thugs had to do so?
I mean seriously, how sick in the head you have to be to do that?
Looks like they are just continuing what their predecessors did in WW2.
And with a full support of US.
Do you still believe in united Ukraine?

As the house was engulfed in flames, photos posted on Twitter showed people hanging out of windows and sitting on windowsills of several floors, possibly preparing to jump. Reports claimed that those who jumped and survived were surrounded and beaten by football ultras and the Right Sector.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
wa reply to: cosmonova

Waste of time on this one,we have a song for the like's of this follow,

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow rant much first i dont think i said anything about petrol bombs however i dont think it was NAZIs that did it??? My guess would be Ukrainians from the area taking matters into there own hands after failure of the government to do so.

Are you saying Kiev Junta failed to burn people alive so Right Sector thugs had to do so?
I mean seriously, how sick in the head you have to be to do that?
Looks like they are just continuing what their predecessors did in WW2.
And with a full support of US.
Do you still believe in united Ukraine?

I believe these are your words and it shows just truly how warped you are in your interpretations. But i do appreciate your interpretation of what i said your proving to everyone the blatant bias you show as well as the hatred. See this would be a major T&c violation so might i suggest in the future keep the personnel comments to yourself. I know NAZIs are everywhere hiding in bushes and apparently all they have to do is disagree with Heir Putin for you to designate them NAZIs but the real world doesnt work that way thx again for your informative input.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
blocked Junta forces trying to scare local people off by shooting in the air.
Not much success. The power of people winning again

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

the power of the people will always win

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thought id add one more thing a statement for you to think about,

In war truth is the first casualty and information is as powerful as bullets.

new topics

top topics

<< 499  500  501    503  504  505 >>

join