It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 498
<< 495  496  497    499  500  501 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Russian representative at UN talks like Est Ukrainian is a Russian Territory... wow
edit on v20141412America/ChicagoFri, 02 May 2014 12:44:12 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It appears to be over in odessa now there starting ukrainian rallies on the scene people are gathering there??

any way heres some tweets about the fighting

Peter ‏@pistolpeteukr 1m
@howardamos @UkraineInEurope Corrupt #Police looked on while pro-Russian separatists used firearms to kill patriots of #Ukraine #Odessa

/r/UkrainianConflict ‏@UkraineConflict 1m
Pro Russian activists being treated for severe injuries outside Trade Union building in #Odessa pic.twitter.com/2RfWug5ery

Ystri Ya ‏@ystriya 3m
MT @yyasyaa Two of the dead are our patriots. The [pro-Russians] are led to their bodies and forced to kneel. Painful to watch.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
From a reporter in Odessa...

@howardamos: Looks like another 2 dead bodies. That brings the total that I have seen to 7. And I have only been on the fringes of this.

@howardamos: The fire in the trade union building appears to be out, and resistance crushed. Bodies still lying in the street.

edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: TreX-UK

Screw the Euromaidan, when you bring Helicopters and tanks on general civilian populations then any resources available will be used for defense. There is no proof that SAMs were used to bring helicopters down, those can be brought down by 1000s of ways.

I thought i might leave you this for the rest of your posts:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks like police are arresting pro Russians i guess

Viktor Kovalenko ‏@MrKovalenko 1m
.@howardamos from #Odessa: The pro-Russian protesters appear to be being loaded into police vans: pic.twitter.com/dhnUYbuF8E

link   

@GrahamWP_UK: Repeated sounds of gunfire from streets, shouted demand from unseen figure in dark at 50 yard to identify oneself, Sloviansk right now.

link   

Samantha Power ‏@AmbassadorPower 23m Fact that #Ukraine has taken steps to try to restore order and take back territory from separatists is what any nation would do. Collapse

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

firstadopter ‏@firstadopter 38s Ukraine moving in on Sloviansk RIGHT NOW -> pic.twitter.com/XqLML5s5nc

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Apparently action against pro-Russian separatists in Slavyansk is being carried out now. It paused for some minutes while negotiations were being held but then apparently resumed.

@PierreCrom:
Heavy shootout in #sloviansk #ukraine Earing it from window of hotel

@NewRobRoy:
Intense firefights going on right now near #Sloviansk between Russian-backed rebels and the #Ukrainian military.

edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think if you tried to occupy government buildings in the same fashion as the "Pro Russians" in my country
(The UK), then you would find yourself at the centre of attention by the SAS.

You would be brought out dead or Alive.

Ukraine is being very leniant in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

C.J. Chivers ‏@cjchivers 7m

Silence broken in #Slovyansk tonight. Fighting starts again near bridge in Andreyevka, seized by UKR mil today. Unclear if casualties yet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
I think if you tried to occupy government buildings in the same fashion as the "Pro Russians" in my country
(The UK), then you would find yourself at the centre of attention by the SAS.

You would be brought out dead or Alive.

Ukraine is being very leniant in my opinion.

Your right thats the one thing i dont understand about the russian position on this. If armed men started taking over buildings in Russia they go in and kill them. They've done it already remember the theater in Moscow they went in and killed everyone Including hostages. But yet some how they expect Ukraine not to react.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm from the UK too but you've got to realise some some of there military service is corrupt as some men have given up and switched sides very easily.

We have a better policing infrastructure in the UK so such events wouldn't occur in the first place. If things did occur then the SAS or even armed response units would control the situation very swiftly i.e. building raids.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Russian Foreign Ministry apparently claimed US State Department involvement in Sloviansk operation, which John Kerry denounces as 'outrageous fiction':

@JohnKerry:
@mfa_russia statement claiming @StateDept involvement in #Slavyansk operation is outrageous fiction. Glad free press can smell propaganda.

Not sure where to find the Russian report to which Kerry was referring.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The BBC interviewed Moscow citizens today, getting their candid opinions on Ukraine…

www.bbc.com...
edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak: Reuters: Ukrainian police say 32 people have been killed in a building fire in Ukraine's southern port city of Odessa
This is what Russia were waiting for. Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their loved ones.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

@ReutersWorld: Correction: 38 people killed in building fire in Ukraine's southern city of Odessa, not 32 as previously reported.
Tonight and tomorrow is going to be tense. This is Russia's 'justification'.

@jamesmatesitv: Appalling death toll still rising in #Odessa Now #Ukraine authorities saying 38 dead in building, 30 from fire, 8 jumping from windows.

edit on 2-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

@ReutersWorld: Correction: 38 people killed in building fire in Ukraine's southern city of Odessa, not 32 as previously reported.
Tonight and tomorrow is going to be tense. This is Russia's 'justification'.

@jamesmatesitv: Appalling death toll still rising in #Odessa Now #Ukraine authorities saying 38 dead in building, 30 from fire, 8 jumping from windows.

I fear you are right. This is exactly what the GRU have been trying to provoke.
edit on 2-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

So you still think this is a ploy from Russia? Really ?

I'm sorry for the people who died, I hope one day the real criminals will be held accountable.

top topics

<< 495  496  497    499  500  501 >>

join