It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 476
<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

@usosce: #Russia authorities should immediately correct the record on mischaracterizations of #OSCE VDoc team's work: t.co... #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Those fellas look very confident with firing their guns...not your typical "pro-Russian" protesters eh FSB?
edit on 29-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
Those fellas look very confident with firing their guns...not your typical "pro-Russian" protesters eh FSB?

Spray and pray looks more like the case there.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
I asked a question, it's not an assumption. You assumed I thought those men were from the FSB - I don't. However, I do believe they are aligned to/are Russian Special Forces. It's been proven they are operating in Ukraine. So before YOU start making assumptions do some fact checking.
edit on Tue Apr 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see the U.S. will provide financial aid to Ukraine if the leaders confront corruption.

Because if anything stops corruption, it's bribing someone to stop corruption.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

@UKUN_NewYork: Russian military jets & helicopters have made incursions into Ukrainian airspace—UK Ambassador @LyallGrant to #UNSC

@UKUN_NewYork: There is no justification or legal basis whatsoever for Russia invoking Article 51 of #UN Charter—@LyallGrant to #UNSC on #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Meanwhile....

Isolated Russia Makes Friends: To Hold Military Drill With China; Strikes Multi-Billion Deals Qatar And Iran

China and Russia will hold a "maritime cooperation-2014" drill in East China Sea at end-May, Voice of Russia reports on its Chinese-language website yesterday.

China and Russia will conduct reconnaissance in the area within 3 days to prepare for the drill, the report says, citing an unidentified representative from Russian navy.

Earlier, the Russian military delegation of the Russian Navy, led by Viktor Karamazov Couchepi, arrived in Shanghai. Naval officials and representatives of the General Command of the Pacific Fleet met the Russian military delegation.

Iran and Russia are negotiating a power deal worth up to $10 billion in the face of increasing US financial alienation. The construction of new thermal and hydroelectric plants and a transmission network are in the works. Iran’s Energy Minister Hamid Chitchian met his Russian counterpart Aleksandr Novak in Tehran on Sunday in order to discuss the potential power deals, according to Iran’s Mehr news agency.

The governments of Bahrain and Russia have signed a deal to cooperate on investments, at a time when U.S. and European governments are imposing economic sanctions on Russia over the crisis in Ukraine.

Bahrain is a U.S. diplomatic ally in the Gulf, and its decision suggests Western sanctions may not deter other countries from continuing to expand business ties with Russia.

www.zerohedge.com...

Business as usual for Russia it seems.....just saying....reporting what I find...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Business as usual with allies like China and India would be if India cancels its $15B contract for Rafael planes from France for 126 planes.

Instead India should buy similar or better Su-35s from Russia. 126 Su-35s should cost only $8.1 Billion. The rest of $7B can be either saved up or used in civilian investment projects domestically.

Other than slightly better stealth features, Rafeal is pretty much on equal footing with Su-35. Indian Su-35s can be equipped with AESA radar to match up with other 4.5 generation fighters. They are already doing it for their Su-30MKI Super Sukhoi upgrade.

Mere lip service to Russia and buying planes from France is not being an ally in the complete sense.
edit on 29-4-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

India isn't mentioned in the article I posted.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Business as usual with allies like China and India would be if India cancels its $15B contract for Rafael planes from France for 126 planes.

Instead India should buy similar or better Su-35s from Russia. 126 Su-35s should cost only $8.1 Billion. The rest of $7B can be either saved up or used in civilian investment projects domestically.

Other than slightly better stealth features, Rafeal is pretty much on equal footing with Su-35. Indian Su-35s can be equipped with AESA radar to match up with other 4.5 generation fighters. They are already doing it for their Su-30MKI Super Sukhoi upgrade.

Mere lip service to Russia and buying planes from France is not being an ally in the complete sense.

Ok theres just so much wrong with what you said but most important you de realize india isnt an ally of russia that ended a couple of years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT
Russia invoking article 51 is a really good move imo. if they can prove that unrest has been caused on their border by another nation, then this is exactly what article 51 seems to stand for. and they are supposed to aid said country or allow them to defend themselves. to me this is what is supposed to be done, and at same time scary. does this mean they are gearing up for a defense? what do their satellites know that we don't?
if the shoe was on the other foot, I would feel proud of my government for trying to exhaust every avenue first. im in the states btw.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I am a slight bit skeptical of your facts. and of course, after a 10 second search I find this. ya might wanna read the whole article.
in.rbth.com... ohan_singhs_legacy_for_india-russia_relations_33641.html

sorry if I sound crass. but it seems india feels it is very important to have a healthy Russia and one as a friend. hmmmm.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
a reply to: ProfessorT
Russia invoking article 51 is a really good move imo. if they can prove that unrest has been caused on their border by another nation, then this is exactly what article 51 seems to stand for. and they are supposed to aid said country or allow them to defend themselves. to me this is what is supposed to be done, and at same time scary. does this mean they are gearing up for a defense? what do their satellites know that we don't?
if the shoe was on the other foot, I would feel proud of my government for trying to exhaust every avenue first. im in the states btw.

Article 51 doesnt allow you to attack outside your territory unless another UN member requests assistance in there defense this is the collective self defense part.and a hard sell to say Ukrainian military operation on its own territory constitutes an “armed attack” on Russia.And no one believes the evil Ukrainians are actually the ones attacking Russia. That only sells in Russia itself and thats the reason they do it it helps them sell the story to the Russian people there protecting themselves from all those Nazis. Heres the article if you want to read it what its for is to be used if attacked.

Article 51: Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defense if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defense shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
I am a slight bit skeptical of your facts. and of course, after a 10 second search I find this. ya might wanna read the whole article.
in.rbth.com... ohan_singhs_legacy_for_india-russia_relations_33641.html

sorry if I sound crass. but it seems india feels it is very important to have a healthy Russia and one as a friend. hmmmm.

Of course they do its in there best interest however they do the same with other countries as well the only country they dont make defense deals with is China and Pakistan for obvious reasons. But no defense pact was signed cams close back in the days of the USSR india was fighting a terrorism threat. In 2008 the US defense department statrted supplying weapons to India or more appropriately selling. this is also part of India's decision to buy the french fighters as well its trying to separate its military from China a perceived threat of india. In fact India is the 3rd largest arms purchaser from the US. As they say theres always more to the story. Thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
China to join US-hosted naval exercise:

MANILA, Philippines - China will join a US-hosted naval exercise in Hawaii in July, where it is expected to hold drills with 21 other countries, including its rivals in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) dispute.

US Pacific Fleet commander Adm. Harry Harris Jr. said it would be the first time for China to join the RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific) exercise.

“We have RIMPAC, the biggest naval exercise in the world and it will happen in July in Hawaii and 23 countries will participate,” Harris told The STAR last Monday.

www.philstar.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Apr 29 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
China to join US-hosted naval exercise:

MANILA, Philippines - China will join a US-hosted naval exercise in Hawaii in July, where it is expected to hold drills with 21 other countries, including its rivals in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) dispute.

US Pacific Fleet commander Adm. Harry Harris Jr. said it would be the first time for China to join the RIMPAC (Rim of the Pacific) exercise.

“We have RIMPAC, the biggest naval exercise in the world and it will happen in July in Hawaii and 23 countries will participate,” Harris told The STAR last Monday.

www.philstar.com...

Lets hope aliens dont show up sorry couldnt resist lol.Everytimei hear RimPac i think of the movie Battleship.
edit on 4/29/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

(post by victor7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Ok theres just so much wrong with what you said but most important you de realize india isnt an ally of russia that ended a couple of years ago.

India supported Russia's position on Crimea more openly than China did. Russia would not be stupid to make PAKFA plane with a nation that is not an ally.

Your conclusions are best limited to own self.

new topics

top topics

<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join