It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 475
<< 472  473  474    476  477  478 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: renden

Ukraine presidential candidates attacked in Kiev

rt.com...

Right after the assassination attempt on Kernes, he withdrew from the elections;

Tsariov announces boycott of elections and withdraws from presidential race
KYIV, April 29 /Ukrinform/. Former Party of Regions MP Oleh Tsariov withdraws his candidacy from the presidential elections in Ukraine.

www.ukrinform.ua...

Interesting, so that's how democracy really works.

American vice-president gets to sit in Ukrains presidential chair while actual presidential candidates get beaten up and forced out of elections, pro-Russian mayors get shot in the back, and WWII Victory Parade get cancelled.

Nice.

Actually your "pro-Russian" mayor was speaking out against the separatists. You are either deliberately twisting the truth to fit your political agenda or are misinformed as to the facts.

Also, pro-Ukrainian people are getting routinely murdered, brutalized and tortured every day, journalists intimidated and beaten by pro-Russian forces and you ignore all of it whilst focusing on the "Nazi's" in Kiev.

There are almost no incidents of this happening in the west of the country. Sounds like your Nazis are less brutal than you make them out to be..

It's obvious who is the aggressor here and obvious who joined this site to push a misinformation program..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
#Konstyantynivka, #Donetsk Oblast: a member of the election committee was kidnapped @novostidnua

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: renden

Ukraine presidential candidates attacked in Kiev

rt.com...

Right after the assassination attempt on Kernes, he withdrew from the elections;

Tsariov announces boycott of elections and withdraws from presidential race
KYIV, April 29 /Ukrinform/. Former Party of Regions MP Oleh Tsariov withdraws his candidacy from the presidential elections in Ukraine.

www.ukrinform.ua...

Interesting, so that's how democracy really works.

American vice-president gets to sit in Ukrains presidential chair while actual presidential candidates get beaten up and forced out of elections, pro-Russian mayors get shot in the back, and WWII Victory Parade get cancelled.

Nice.

Actually your "pro-Russian" mayor was speaking out against the separatists. You are either deliberately twisting the truth to fit your political agenda or are misinformed as to the facts.

Also, pro-Ukrainian people are getting routinely murdered, brutalized and tortured every day, journalists intimidated and beaten by pro-Russian forces and you ignore all of it whilst focusing on the "Nazi's" in Kiev.

There are almost no incidents of this happening in the west of the country. Sounds like your Nazis are less brutal than you make them out to be..

It's obvious who is the aggressor here and obvious who joined this site to push a misinformation program..

Ive already pointed that out to him several times he has his own narrative the reason the pro Russian candidate was beaten was he appeared on RT in the middle of the captured police station talking about how he believed Russia needs to be more involved in Ukraine. He even later denies this and comes out with an official statement saying he doesnt think Russian troops should be in the country. But by than any hopes of winning was gone he went to last place in the polls. So his quitting is nothing more than conceding defeat in the first place. Whoever was his campaign manager that thought giving RT an exclusive in the middle of a captured police station was going to help him needs to run Bidens campaign so we dont wind up with that idiot as a US president. But i noticed he has no problem bending the truth shall we say because apparently Nazis are everywhere taking over all the governments of the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Are you refering to presidential candidate Tsarev, the one beaten in Odessa, if I recall corectly ?!
I believe clay2 baraka was talking about mayor Kernes who was just shot yesterday.

edit on Tueu3011814 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

Also, very interesting how just one day after the mayor, who lately favoured Ukraine's unity, is shot a whole $hitstorm hits Lugansk...
edit on Tueu3011814 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

Are you refering to presidential candidate Tsarev, the one beaten in Odessa, if I recall corectly ?!
I believe clay2 baraka was talking about mayor Kernes who was just shot yesterday.

Also, very interesting how just one day after the mayor, who lately favoured Ukraine's unity, is shot a whole $hitstorm hits Lugansk...

He mentioned both actually see Russia is trying to make out like Kernes was pro Russian even though he has been very vocal on his opinion of the Pro russian separatists. But RT leaves that part out the separatists needed to remove him he was a threat to them basically.Now that they moved him to Haiffa for medical treatment which i find odd. I suspect it wasnt for medical reasons but security since im sure there is equally qualified doctors in Ukraine.
edit on 4/29/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Address of Acting President of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov to the nation

Dear fellow citizens

Events in the East of our country have demonstrated the inaction, helplessness, and sometimes the criminal betrayal of members of our law enforcement agencies in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.

This is one of the main reasons for the low effectiveness and lack of results of Ukrainian law enforcement in the struggle against terrorism.

This is hard to admit, but it is true. The vast majority of law enforcement officials in the East are not capable of fulfilling their obligations to protect our citizens.

In Donetsk and Luhansk, new heads of the SBU (Security Service) have already been designated. The leadership of the special force “Alpha” has been completely replaced.

I am also demanding that the Minister of the Interior dismiss heads of the oblast departments of the Ministry of the Interior in the Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts. All the representatives of the police structures in place who are incapable of performing their professional duties will be dismissed. These so-called “law enforcement” members who betrayed Ukraine and began cooperating with terrorists will be responsible before the law.

The situation in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts has shown that we have no other choice than to carry out a complete renewal of the police and the Security Service in the East of the country. Those units that surrendered to terrorists without resistance are incapable of protecting the lives and safety of people and to take effective measures to prevent the terrorist threat. They must be completely replaced.

In order to form new and effective units of the Ministry of Interior and the Security Service, we need the help of Ukrainian patriots, especially those who live in the East of Ukraine. This concerns primarily the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.

The country needs this decision from you in order to restore the safety of citizens and to take effective steps to stop the terrorist threat. It is this action that will allow us to protect our country at this difficult time.

In the central offices of the Interior Ministry and the Security Service we have installed “hot lines” for registration by volunteers, especially those who have experience in law enforcement and in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

If the current security forces are incapable of operating in these regions, then we need to replace them to ensure that the duty to protect law and order is carried out.
I believe that together we can protect our country!

Ukrainian text: www.president.gov.ua...
Translated by Anna Mostovych

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

That is very interesting he fires the police chiefs force and starts a recruitment drive for new officers. Though he really does have a point in what country in the world can someone walk into a police station and take it over. They had the police officers leave the building they were standing outside looking around like what do we do now. And you saw it again st the demonstration they allowed a couple of dozen people with bats and sticks walk into the Ukrainian rally and beat people and just stood there.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Roland Oliphant @RolandOliphant
Follow

Another warning to press in Slavyansk: "the people" have petitioned local deputies to pass a libel law because of our one sided coverage. hm

Roland Oliphant @RolandOliphant
Follow

At least, that's what we were told this afternoon by Ponomarev's press sec as she cancelled a press conference.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

When this is over these Police officers that stood by and let
all these things happen should be tried for treaon against the state.

It's disgusting what's going on in Ukraine.

edit on Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:28:32 -0500281America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Tense situation in Kiev, apparently a fight broke out:

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
BREAKING There is fight on #Euromaidan, #Kyiv right now between self defense people and provocators #Ukraine | EMPR source

www.ustream.tv...

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 1m

BREAKING Unknown men in black were trying to breakthrough #Euromaidan. Self-defense of Maidan didn't let it. 5ppl injured |EMPR #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Who are the people forming the wall?

lol did I just see a sword?

:: edit :: Now thats a big white "White Pride" flag being paraded around.
edit on 29-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Who are the people forming the wall?

lol did I just see a sword?

I was watching the live stream for a while i appears to me citizens are blocking the Pro russians from enering the building and believe it or not the police is hiding inside. Also saw something strange on a video ill let you guys look at it because im not sure. But you see a man dressed in class 4 body armor and a mask out front im assumiing these are the armed men we keep hearing about. But i swear he has a patch on his arm it may be a st george ribbon but i cant tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Putin: Washington behind Ukraine events all along, though flying low
The US has been behind the Ukrainian crisis from the beginning, but was initially flying low, Russian President Vladimir Putin has told journalists, adding that he called on Kiev to establish an all-Ukrainian dialogue and find a compromise.

“I think what is happening now shows us who really was mastering the process from the beginning. But in the beginning, the United States preferred to remain in the shadow,” Putin said, as quoted by RIA Novosti.

rt.com...

Pot meet Cattle.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago429uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok, so this is in Kiev.

This ustream we get to follow the White Pride flag around.

So are the people following that flag, their supporters or are they trying to expel them?

. . . credit to Dutzy for the ustream link

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

From what I could tell from info on the internet there are several variants to the story:

1. The Right-sector and/or other far right group were having, or were preparing, a march with torches and other far right insignia. EuroMaidan self-defense took their torches away and let them march on.
2. A group of unknown people tried to storm/break through the Maidan and the events unfolded from there.
3. Provocateurs trying to stir unrest in Kiev tried to play Right Sector against Maidan defense.

I can't say which of these is true, but will relay any other info on the subject I find.

LE:

Hans de Vreij @hdevreij
#Ukraine #Kiev: neo-Nazis march on Institutska street after being denied acces to the Maidan.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 50m

Self defense of #Euromaidan allow ppl to continue march, but without torches - photo P.Terentiev|EMPR source

It seems the first variant seems to be the one that appears most often.
Also if those are the neo-nazis the people in E. Ukraine are fearing, it is pretty sad, because many of them, marching on Institutska street, seemed to be only teenagers/very young adults.
edit on Tue0000003011814 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Its difficult to separate the different factions in play.

thanks for reply

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I read a Tweet suggesting that the US had obtained phone calls between Moscow and the Russian Special Forces currently on the ground in Ukraine helping them to orchestrate unrest and take over government buildings. It obviously adds more fuel to the fire but it's been quite obvious from the start that Russia have been pulling all the strings.
edit on 29-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

From what I could tell from info on the internet there are several variants to the story:

1. The Right-sector and/or other far right group were having, or were preparing, a march with torches and other far right insignia. EuroMaidan self-defense took their torches away and let them march on.
2. A group of unknown people tried to storm/break through the Maidan and the events unfolded from there.
3. Provocateurs trying to stir unrest in Kiev tried to play Right Sector against Maidan defense.

I can't say which of these is true, but will relay any other info on the subject I find.

LE:

Hans de Vreij @hdevreij
#Ukraine #Kiev: neo-Nazis march on Institutska street after being denied acces to the Maidan.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 50m

Self defense of #Euromaidan allow ppl to continue march, but without torches - photo P.Terentiev|EMPR source

It seems the first variant seems to be the one that appears most often.
Also if those are the neo-nazis the people in E. Ukraine are fearing, it is pretty sad, because many of them, marching on Institutska street, seemed to be only teenagers/very young adults.

That tends to be who makes up Neo Nazi parties teenagers lashing out against society its the same everywhere. Put it this way has alot to do with income as well. Ultra nationalist parties do well in russia and eastern bloc countries because of economic conditions as well. When people are broke there unhappy. Than they tend to look for people to blame like gays or jews or immigrants. Than it moves on to were superior because X Y and Z. And now you have people running around with Nazi signs.

new topics

top topics

<< 472  473  474    476  477  478 >>

join