It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 479
<< 476  477  478    480  481  482 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It seems the SBU has its hands full all over Ukraine:
www.unian.ua... iv-u-den-peremogi.html

In the Mykolaiv region of Ukraine's security service exposed and stopped the criminal activities of the persons who were preparing to do during the Victory Day events to sabotage aimed at escalating the situation.

In particular, attackers are planning to blast while laying flowers at the monument to the veterans of World War II in the regional center.

Recall, as reported by UNIAN, in Kharkiv police detained separatists of explosive packages, bats and "Molotov cocktails"

www.unian.ua...

This UNIAN reported in the press center of the SBU.

"According to their testimony, they first had to come to Lugansk captured militants USBU room, and then they had to smuggle in Donetsk to strengthen local gangs," - said in a statement.

In detainees seized kits uniforms, edged weapons and other military ammunition. Are appropriate operational and investigative actions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
a reply to: DJW001

That seems kinda like a BS explanation?, is it not part of their job? What about SWAT teams? Why not transfer some military personal to law enforcement?

It seems more like a Loyal factor problem their facing.

There is certainly a loyalty issue, but the fact of the matter is that there are 40,000 Russian troops ready to reinforce the Fifth Column. The more armed citizens the better.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Invitation from resistance movement to brothers Ukrainians to join the fight in South East against Kiev Junta who is pushing for civil war sponsored by US, NATO and EU. Captions are not working properly but that is pretty much what they say.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

China objects to the West's sanctions against Russia and is willing to deepen bilateral economic cooperation with Moscow, Chinese Ambassador Li Hui said. "We object to unilateral sanctions. We believe that sanctions will not help solve the issues," Li said in reply to a question from Interfax following a meeting with Russian Federal Migration Service chief Konstantin Romodanovsky on Wednesday.

"We should cooperate even closer in the trade, economy, and humanitarian sectors," he said. "As for our trade and economic ties, such cooperation between us has been close and mutually beneficial for a very long time. A trend toward deepening our practical cooperation in the trade and economic sector has appeared in the past years," he said.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

UNITED NATIONS, April 29 (Xinhua) -- China urges all parties to effectively implement the Geneva agreement and continue to push for a political solution to the Ukraine crisis, the Chinese envoy to the United Nations said Tuesday.

"Regrettably, tension in eastern and southeastern Ukraine has worsened, with both sides more vehemently accusing each other. Threats and sanctions have again replaced dialogue and negotiations," Liu Jieyi, China's permanent representative to the UN, said at a meeting of the UN Security Council.

[Edit for brevity--DJW001]

China's position on the question of Ukraine remains objective, impartial and responsible, said he, noting that "from the very beginning, China has called on all parties to seek a political solution through dialogue rather than confrontation and we support international mediation efforts conducive to de-escalating the situation and seeking a political solution."

"China will continue to play a constructive role in making mediation efforts and pushing for talks," he added.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Xinhua has not said anything about China strengthening its ties to Russia. There is still no news about the natural gas deal that has supposedly been under negotiation for months.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
SBU releases video interrogation of captured saboteur/provocateur:
lb.ua...

Intelligence Agency released a video interrogation of one of the saboteurs.

SBU reports that saboteurs to destabilize Ukraine is prepared , in particular, at the training center of marines near Feodosia .

According to the press center of the SBU in under criminal investigation ( Article 111 by ( treason) and Part 1 st.294 ( riots ) of the Criminal Code) against a citizen of Ukraine "K" , who worked for foreign intelligence detainee reported that in April was recruited by the GRU of the General Staff during a trip to the Crimea.

" According to him, everyone had the opportunity to come and join the ranks of the so-called " self-defense " of the Crimea , followed by passage of training at the training center of marines near Feodosia . Ukrainian citizens who engage in illegal armed formations , obtained from 100 hryvnia per day, and those who had military training - several times more , "- said in a statement.

Training center for retraining citizens of Ukraine and the Russian Federation, where they were trained to conduct subversive activities on the territory of Ukraine. Training was conducted by the instructors of law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation .

To perform tasks of foreign intelligence agencies citizen "K" in the period from 6 to 8 April, led a group of 10 people took part in separatist activities in the Kharkiv region , including related to the forcible seizure of buildings of public authorities .

Intelligence Agency released a video interrogation saboteur :

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

UNITED NATIONS, April 29 (Xinhua) -- China urges all parties to effectively implement the Geneva agreement and continue to push for a political solution to the Ukraine crisis, the Chinese envoy to the United Nations said Tuesday.

"Regrettably, tension in eastern and southeastern Ukraine has worsened, with both sides more vehemently accusing each other. Threats and sanctions have again replaced dialogue and negotiations," Liu Jieyi, China's permanent representative to the UN, said at a meeting of the UN Security Council.

[Edit for brevity--DJW001]

China's position on the question of Ukraine remains objective, impartial and responsible, said he, noting that "from the very beginning, China has called on all parties to seek a political solution through dialogue rather than confrontation and we support international mediation efforts conducive to de-escalating the situation and seeking a political solution."

"China will continue to play a constructive role in making mediation efforts and pushing for talks," he added.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Xinhua has not said anything about China strengthening its ties to Russia. There is still no news about the natural gas deal that has supposedly been under negotiation for months.

I believe many deals are left to be signed when Putin makes official visit to China in May.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
SBU releases video interrogation of captured saboteur/provocateur:
lb.ua...

Intelligence Agency released a video interrogation of one of the saboteurs.

SBU reports that saboteurs to destabilize Ukraine is prepared , in particular, at the training center of marines near Feodosia .

According to the press center of the SBU in under criminal investigation ( Article 111 by ( treason) and Part 1 st.294 ( riots ) of the Criminal Code) against a citizen of Ukraine "K" , who worked for foreign intelligence detainee reported that in April was recruited by the GRU of the General Staff during a trip to the Crimea.

" According to him, everyone had the opportunity to come and join the ranks of the so-called " self-defense " of the Crimea , followed by passage of training at the training center of marines near Feodosia . Ukrainian citizens who engage in illegal armed formations , obtained from 100 hryvnia per day, and those who had military training - several times more , "- said in a statement.

Training center for retraining citizens of Ukraine and the Russian Federation, where they were trained to conduct subversive activities on the territory of Ukraine. Training was conducted by the instructors of law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation .

To perform tasks of foreign intelligence agencies citizen "K" in the period from 6 to 8 April, led a group of 10 people took part in separatist activities in the Kharkiv region , including related to the forcible seizure of buildings of public authorities .

Intelligence Agency released a video interrogation saboteur :

say what? Intelligence Agency has a youtube channel? Lol I have seen everything now.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I don't see what the fact that the Ukrainian Security Service has a Youtube channel has anything to do with the news reported....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Updated map showing both NATO/partners and Russian aircraft deployment over the Ukraine crisis:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Now that you mention it, I wonder why not use the law enforcement? Why need militias? If the government is chosen by the people, and are happy with it, why would they need an "extra " loyal force.

And militias by which rule do they abide? Do they follow a playbook or be judge en executioner on the spot?

Good questions in my opinion. I don't understand the need to call up any formation of militias when the gov't. just called on the formation of a Ukrainian National Guard, complete with training and issuance of weapons/gear. Why not push for enrollment in that I wonder. There is just something about this that sounds fishy to me.

originally posted by: Dutzy
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

I remember reading somewhere that phone numbers were created, linking to regional or local centers, where volunteers for these militia forces could sign up.
Arming and training them will probably be handled by regional authorities of the regions.

Thanks for the reply. Registration via phone call in?!!? Wow, that means anyone could call in and register. I would think that for something as important as this it would require face to face registration complete with proof of citizenship. Seems sketchy at best and again I see a loyalty issue here. What would prevent pro-Russian (or even Russians planted in the cities by Moscow) from calling, registering,participating and eventually destabilizing any militia force formed? I just don't see this move as very well thought out if it turns out to be true. With the media #storm of propaganda on both sides these days it's increasingly difficult to sift out the kernels of truth in any of it.

Thanks for the replies folks, appreciate them. Please don't think I'm trying to be combative with my questions, just trying to make sense of something that does not seem logical to me. As to not derail further, I'll go back to lurker mode (maybe).

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Deputy Chairman of the Central Election Commission on the legitimacy of a possible referendum in E Ukraine:
interfax.com.ua...

Deputy Chairman of the Central Election Commission Maguera sure that in the eastern regions of Ukraine can avoid a repeat of the scenario on the Crimean .

" What I would like to advise residents of Luhansk and Donetsk regions : no legitimate referendum some so-called " Donetsk republic "is not and can not be ," - said A.Magera at a press conference on Wednesday .

He recalled that the Constitution can be an all-Ukrainian referendum or local. Local referendum may be held only at the level of village, town or city community .

" There were no regional and district referendums , even if the adoption of the law on local referendum can not be a priori , because there is no provincial or regional communities," - he explained.

" In this case, how to behave residents of Donetsk and Lugansk regions : definitely ignore such events , which are illegitimate in its bud and can not be sanctified by the presence of voters," - said the deputy head of the CEC.

He also believes that the situation in the eastern regions can not be identified with the events in the Crimea and Sevastopol , as autonomy were legally armed forces of the Russian Federation .

"I think the situation there is a little easier than it was in the Crimea and Sevastopol. If they are correct, competent actions by government authorities , I think that all these events can be prevented , but it certainly should be done training ," - says A.Magera .

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

I may be mistaken about the destination/purpose of those phone numbers, they may be used just for information.

I will search for the news piece where I read that and will post as soon as I find it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Many in here are saying that those armed groups in South East look and act like professional soldiers and there is no way they are just ordinary people, They must be Russian Forces. I do believe that most of them are ex military personnel from South East of Ukraine. Many of them were also a part of Soviet Union forces.
I also believe there is a lot of ex Berkut personnel amongst those people.
In this clip which is 3 weeks old, you can see a large group of ex military fellas who are marching on the streets of Lugansk. I believe majority of them already joined resistance movement and have been employed throughout South East.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova
say what? Intelligence Agency has a youtube channel? Lol I have seen everything now.

Much respect my friend but I must correct you on this one.

Every major software house in the world is owned by the USA so is this because
1. Only americans know how to cut code
2. The NSA/CIA spent billions on putting them ahead, blocking everyone else out.

They don't have a youtube channel they own it and trying to get pro russian comments on the front of google search results is like a man giving birth.

Did you see Russia Today last night answering it critics from the USA ? Made them look like total fools after quoting them and going deeper into the facts. Truth is always hard to fight and I loved the source over the $5bn spent in the Ukraine being shown for the world to see.(no it was not just Ron Paul)

MyMindIsMyOwn

The right wing nazi's in the Ukraine are being setup to do the dirty work of the government and then they will be removed as the enermy of the sate if things go to plan for having blood on their hands, blood the puppets in Kiev put on their hands.

Not a brain cell between them

edit on 30-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: Toe over reacted to commets from little toe

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
meddling in Ukraine since the beginning of its independence in 1991.
Cookie lady is talking

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Okay so everyone still thinks the new "elected " government is all good?
Ukraine to hold military exercises in central Kiev
rt.com...
Why lol?

Oh I get it! A few post ago I posted that Ukraine is in a state of high alert for an invasion, didn't make much sense; now it does.

Ukrainian armed forces will hold military drills involving armored vehicles in central Kiev on Wednesday night, the Kiev mayor’s office announced. It comes a day after violent clashes between ultra-nationalists and Maidan activists in the capital.

In other words, Putin warned if it would use the military against Russians it would intervene. And that's just what they plan to do.
Messed up. Call it what you like, but I call that provocation.

edit on thAmerica/Chicago430uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

edit on thAmerica/Chicago430uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I found this article. feel it ties into this debacle. this is all really starting to make a lot of sense now. at least to me. it is an article about capital gains being imposed on America as of july 1, 2014. Im not an economist, BUT AS I UNDERSTAND IT, CAPITAL GAINS ARE ONLY IMPOSED WHEN COUNTRIES ARE IN DIRE FINANCIAL SITUATION, as has been imposed on Greece and a few others in the E.U. (sorry about the caps, terrible typist). to me it is all starting to really make sense and come together. there is no denying Americas aggression towards Russia. in fact I have never seen our government act this way towards another country in 43 years. no diplomacy has went on whatsoever. Kerry basically came out and said everything he could, short of declaring war. the U.S. economy is in the tank, and what I and most of everyone I know is experiencing is a depression. now if these sanctions actually do come back to bite us, as many experts claim, then there will be just no denying the depression. how did America solve the first depression? I believe ww2 pulled us out. is this the governments answer to correct the financial situation? this is all starting to seem surreal. I still believe nothing will eventually happen, but one thing I have learned from life. expect the unexpected. here is the link.
www.zerohedge.com... orces-capital-controls

And so the noose on capital mobility tightens, as very soon the only option US citizens have when it comes to investing their money, will be in government mandated retirement annuities, which will likely be the next step in the capital control escalation, which will culminate with every single free dollar required to be reinvested into the US, likely in the form of purchasing US Treasury emissions such as Treasuries, TIPS and other worthless pieces of paper.

so, has this all been and going to be about the ROOT OF ALL EVIL?

sorry not trying to derail or go off topic. seemed to tie in as sanctions and other measures start taking hold. and don't forget russias response to those sanctions yesterday. they said they where gonna make America feel there sanctions next. and I would like to point out, Russia declared in 2013 that as of January 1, 2014 they would not be selling America missiles because of the defense shield. and then they say maybe America can start sending astronauts to space by trampoline.
this may fix a depression but I feel it is gonna decimate a lot of cities and lives even more.

like I said not to be off topic. all seems to tie in. if I seem ignorant, I am sorry. just an old sponge thirsting for knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: DJW001

That seems kinda like a BS explanation?, is it not part of their job? What about SWAT teams? Why not transfer some military personal to law enforcement?

It seems more like a Loyal factor problem their facing.

There is certainly a loyalty issue, but the fact of the matter is that there are 40,000 Russian troops ready to reinforce the Fifth Column. The more armed citizens the better.

What 40K troops, where? What 5th column?

What is your virtual world called and how do you play the game?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Leaflets distributed in Luhansk:
hromadske.tv...

Separatists near Luhansk Regional State Administration continues to strengthen the barricades and rozkleyuyut city cards with instructions 'as hiding' in the event of an attack and bombardment. Reported by Ostrov.

Entrance to the building is closed with barbed wire, the windows on the first floor and knocked zabarykadovani sandbags.

Read more about the situation in Lugansk - blogger Sergei Ivanov.

top topics

<< 476  477  478    480  481  482 >>

join