It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 434
<< 431  432  433    435  436  437 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: renden

originally posted by: dragonridr
Looks as though Ukraine s government has stopped trying to appease Russia altogether probably because thus far hasnt gotten them very far.This is basically Ukraine saying you enter our borders there will be a war.

Oh, so killing Ukrainians that don't want a Nazi junta telling them how to live is not war, it's anti-terrorist operation just like this;

media.zenfs.com...

Just look at all those terrorists! They should be shot on sight for being so anti-Nazi!

War will begin when those people will be protected from Ukrainian tanks and artillery by Russian troops.

Has nothingto do with the article i posted do you even bother to read them before you reply? nice try but fail you really got to stop your not helping your case its starting to be well king of pathetic.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"Putin has the approval of over 100 million Russians. That's a lot of enemies you just picked for your self."_Renden

Lol . Hey renden where do you live ? just wanted to say , why don't you gather a few of your friends and go to a government buildings ( armed ) and claim it as your land . Be sure to make some barricades around . I just wonder if your gov will offer you sweets in response ?

If its russia , try the kremlin . lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtrot7x
Reading renden's posts and i'm thinking ''there's a man who is blind n deaf to all'' . Earlier i was angry but now i just pity him .. I mean he's posting nonsense after nonsense just to justify the earlier nonsense . lol its amusing to watch . And the examples he gives ... pathetic.I just skip by his posts now lol...

READ - **Ignore

To be honest i find his comments funny ill post an article and he tries to attack it its kind of fun actually. Hes arguing with the press but attacking us for posting it. But you know where all Nazi sympathizers secretly planning to overthrow the Russian government. (play doom and gloom music here) And the funny part is if the west wanted to do that they would have given Russians billions to rebuild there economy. They just would have let is continue its fall now im afraid Putins pride is going to make it even worse this time for the Russians.

It's sad that you find war funny. People are being killed, right now, but to you it's all funny comments. I posted videos of people standing up to tanks, to you that doesn't exist. Ukrainian helicopters and jets terrorizing towns and villages that refuse to submit to criminal Nazi regime in Kiev, to you that's amusing. Videos of Nazi Torch parades through the streets of Kiev, to you that does not exist. Armed American mercenarys in Ukraine, there to kill anybody who is against the Nazi junta, but to you that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm not laughing, I don't find it funny, I find it anti-American. These are not the American values I've grown to know, to respect and live by,

So what the hell are you?

Again play the straw man i didnt say war was funny you did. I said you are funny in your attempts to alter reality. Like watching someone battle wind mills you got to laugh.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Kerry seems slightly upset lol. I have a feeling they agreed to no further sanctions on Russia in the Geneva meeting and thats why it keeps getting brought up about the interpretation part. There trying to take away his wiggle room saying the agreement was very clear.

Actually all the countries were open to new sanctions and have them ready to go. They might be giving one last final chance for Russia to get it together before acting. It can be argued that the West / EU / NATO is giving Russia multiple opportunities and warnings. If things go south it an be said all attempts at a peaceful settlement were present and Russia walked away from them.

What I find sad is the people who believe Putin. Specifically they all claim there is an illegal government in Kiev. To date Russia has only cared about Crimea, East and South Ukraine. How pro Russians cant see that as a smoke screen / glaring red flag is beyond me.

Yanukovych has stated Crimea belongs to Ukraine. I think Putin just used Yanukovych to justify the land grab. Another part of me wonders / speculates if this was not the game plan all along by Russia and Yanukovych. Yanukovych goes down this road with the support of Russia to justify their invasion of Ukraine. After its all said and done, and if Russia invades the remainder of Ukraine, I could see Russian appointing Yanukovych as its dictator.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Looks like Kerry has given Russia 2 options; desist and retreat or face actions, whatever the actions will be most likely more sanctions.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
But again, maybe I have too personal of a stake in all this. Maybe I have a morbid fascination that all my worst fears will be confirmed.

I know very well how the Kremlin and Russian business elite think. After all, I have felt their oppressive proximity on an almost daily basis, for years. Their greed, their lust, their feeling of dejection at the fall of the Soviet empire—it is all very much apparent in their aspirations and delusions of grandeur while the common people suffer.

And furthermore, I have lost one I loved most because of their insecurities which led to brutality.

Putin is their archetype czar. And now all the world will see of what he and his followers are capable.

You just described the US, UK, Canada and Israel to a tea.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Putin-up, if you will.

But I don't really understand the logical fallacy of many on here that seem to embrace Putin's unrelenting hold on power by the most brutal of means, simply because they oppose the governments of the west!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would offer that this is not always true.

Putin has the approval of over 100 million Russians. That's a lot of enemies you just picked for your self. You'll need more luck the Napoleon and Hitler put together. Good luck with that.

Little may you realize that 100 million is an order of magnitude lower than the world population. You are a misanthrope just as the former KGB officer BUT of course toy will likely not have the courage to cast your lot with his poor archaic notions.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
boltonbnp.blogspot.in...

This guy has some nice pics of the ukraine spec force assault and some news as well .. I like the pics myself

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This thread is closed for 30 mins in order for everybody to read the following:

**** ATTENTION ****

This is an ongoing thread. It is being updated daily, actually hourly.

The staff will NOT put up with T&C infractions in an ever changing thread.

We will not put up with ill-mannered members, nor ones who post off topic.

Snide remarks, sarcasm and any other kind of behavior that is considered disruptive will result in posting bans of no less than 72 hours.

It's hard enough to keep track of the news and all the related events, without people throwing mud at others.

We do have a forum for that now.

30 mins, this thread will be re-opened and no further warnings shall be given.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 22m
Observed #russian troop movements withing 20 km of #Ukrainian border | EMPR Post pic.twitter.com/uZnGzDCG9F

UN WebTv - News conference dealing with Human Rights in Ukraine (Crimea) for April 15th 2014

Around 14:44 minutes they address the issues dealing with Crimean elections.

Russian Imperial Expansion or Economic Collapse?

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 5m
#Russian police (1,1mln ppl) banned by govr/ to have vacation in 120countries & forced to rest in #Crimea only news.liga.net... … | EMPR

The WorldPost ‏@TheWorldPost · 7m
Russian bloggers will face stifling restrictions under new law huff.to...

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This thread is now re-opened. The previous post stands.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Local residents of Sloviansk are angry with Ukrainian soldiers for looting food and medical supplies after the shooting at the Checkpoint

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Sky News ‏@SkyNews · 27m
US Accuses Russia Of Ukraine 'Deception' news.sky.com...

excerpt - US Secretary of State John Kerry has accused Russia of "deception" and "destabilisation" in Ukraine and hinted at imposing more sanctions.

Speaking at the State Department in Washington, Mr Kerry warned Moscow time was running out for it to change course.

"(Russian) President (Vladimir) Putin and Russia face a choice," he said in unusually blunt language.

"If Russia chooses the path of de-escalation ... all of us will welcome it. But if Russia does not, the world will make sure that the costs for Russia will only grow."

Mr Kerry added this would be a "grave" and "expensive mistake".

The US says Moscow is stoking unrest and separatist sentiment in the east of Ukraine after its annexation of Crimea.

Russia accuses Washington of encouraging a pro-Western government to adopt anti-Russian policies.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 3m
Interview with self-proclaimed ‘mayor of #Sloviansk’ Vyacheslav Ponomariov wp.me... |EMPR News #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/7Qwy8UNZgx

The interview is an eye opener and should cause concern to those who support these people / Russian position.

Kerrys press conference -

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Russia is demanding the US to reign in Ukraine so to speak

MOSCOW — Russia on Thursday demanded that the United States force the Ukrainian authorities to halt a military operation in southeastern Ukraine and withdraw units of the armed forces.

Putting the onus on Washington to ease tensions after Ukrainian forces killed up to five pro-Moscow rebels, the Russian Foreign Ministry said the situation "demands urgent actions to force the Kiev authorities, who are wards of the United States, to restrain themselves and not use force".

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is getting sad now on the part of Russia -

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
#Russia's NTV reports that @SimonOstrovsky is a RightSector informant.No mention of Israeli passport www.ntv.ru... @JournalMinimum

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Background information on SkyNews and EuromaidanPR

SkyNews;

Sky News UK is a 24-hour, multi-media news operation based in Britain. It provides non-stop rolling news on television, online, and on a range of mobile devices – as well as delivering a service of national and international radio news to commercial radio stations in the UK. The news service places emphasis on rolling news, including the latest breaking news. Having launched as a 24-hour television news channel in 1989, Sky News has also grown into a digital operation through its website and mobile apps. As well as becoming a content provider for news services in the UK and around the world.

en.wikipedia.org...

EuromaidanPR is by Kyiv Post;

History

The Kyiv Post was founded in October 1995 (as part of KP Media)[1] by an American, Jed Sunden.[2] The paper covers politics, business and entertainment. The staff is a team of Western and Ukrainian journalists, numbering 14 editorial team members as of May 2013, including 11 Ukrainians.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Sanctions against Russia will backfire and actually benefit the economy, President Vladimir Putin has said. His comments follow US President Obama’s threat that the White House has prepared a third round of sanctions.

“Over-reliance can lead to a loss of sovereignty,” Putin said at a media forum in St. Petersburg on Thursday.

Sanctions 'not effective' in modern world - Putin

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
mamatus has made the Ukraine mud pit thread

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
LOL!

UHM, businessman Poroshenko confirm acquisition of KP Media
Kyiv-based Ukrainian Media Holding (UMH) and the founder of the Fifth TV Channel, businessman Petro Poroshenko, have become strategic investors in KP Media Holding (the bigmir portal and Korrespondent magazine), leaving the post of CEO for its founder Jed Sunden. "In the person of UMH and Poroshenko we've found investors who will develop the business compound of KP Media's projects, while not interfering in editorial policy," reads a trilateral joint statement, citing Sunden.

The structure and the value of the deal are not being disclosed. Earlier U.S. citizen Jed Sunden said that he had sold his stake in public JSC KP Media (Kyiv).

www.kyivpost.com...

So a Ukranian oligarch that also just happens to be a current presidential candidate purchased this Mass Media source from an American Jed Sunden back in 2011.

This is sure to be a fair, and unbiased news source ROFL!

Oh one more edit, this is truly hilarious, the only two comments on that jewel;

Anonymous April 13, 2011, 2:42 p.m.

Please replace the Russian content with Ukrainian.

Anonymous April 13, 2011, 3:26 p.m.

Protect Ukrainian language in media!

Unreal. So the anti-Russian campaign was in full force even back then.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I cannot believe this, Army Forces are now stealing food from locals.
I posted yesterday that those poor army fellas are left on their own for weeks by Kiev Junta. No food, no proper accommodation, simply forgotten. But looks like locals had enough now.
This is really sad.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: renden

RT Media

RT, previously known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network created in 2005.

Owned by: (ANO) TV-Novosti

RIA Novosti

RIA Novosti (in Russian: РИА Новости) or sometimes shortly RIA (Russian: РИА) is one of the largest news agencies in Russia.[1] Operating under the purview of the Russian Ministry of Communications and Mass Media, RIA Novosti is headquartered in Moscow and operated about 80 bureaus internationally. On 9 December 2013 President of Russia Vladimir Putin ordered RIA Novosti's liquidation and the creation of an Rossiya Segodnya (International Information Agency Russia Today).[2] Dmitry Kiselev, an anchorman of the Russia-1 channel was appointed to be the first president of the new information agency.[3] RIA Novosti is scheduled to be closed down in 2014; starting in March 2014, staff were informed that they had the option of transferring their contracts to Rossiya Segodnya or accepting voluntary redundancy.[4]

Owner(s)
wholly owned by federal government (as unitary enterprise)

Subsidiaries
RT (TV network)

Russia Media Outlets

Notice: national, state-owned is a reoccurring theme.

Putin's Iron-Fisted Message

A breakdown of how Putin eviscerated Russia media outlets to bring them inline with Soviet ideals of controlling information.

new topics

top topics

<< 431  432  433    435  436  437 >>

join