It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 431
<< 428  429  430    432  433  434 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: renden
Unarmed pro-Russian Ukrainians are stopping and preventing Ukrainian Army Tank to pass into their territory.

With subtitles.

These are apparently the terrorists American mercs, Ukrainian Neo-Nazis and Ukrainian Amry are supposed to shoot.

Yeap, all those evil Putin lovers, that block a tank with a car and their own bodies.

Must be out of sheer hate, and not bravery.

Note a tanker manning a .50 machinegun, yet people are not afraid and continue to block the tank.

That's the truth in Ukraine. Just country folk, women and men, stopping and blocking a tank that was sent to kill them, and in the end they shake hands with the tank commander, and the engine of war is shut off.

No amount of propaganda is going to change those images of people wanting peace, not war.

Are you talking about the people that kidnap and take hostages and kill local politicians and dump them into a river im a little confused?

Yes, you are confused. You have been lied to, repeatedly, but like a wife of an abusive husband you just cant break away from that dependency. It's called the Stockholm syndrome, you are a hostage to non stop lies, and mass media is your captor.

en.wikipedia.org...

All the best to you, I hope you'll break away from the sickness and see the reality for what it is.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Heres an interesting video they are talking about international law involved with Ukraine.

ROLF!!!

Weak.

International law. Laughable.

It's like gangsters begging to call police and their lawyers when their guns are knocked out of their hands, when they are cornered and got nothing else to grab on.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Unarmed pro-Russian Ukrainians are stopping and preventing Ukrainian Army Tank to pass into their territory.

With subtitles.

These are apparently the terrorists American mercs, Ukrainian Neo-Nazis and Ukrainian Amry are supposed to shoot.

Yeap, all those evil Putin lovers, that block a tank with a car and their own bodies.

Note a tanker manning a .50 machinegun, yet people are not afraid and continue to block the tank.

That's the truth in Ukraine. Just country folk, women and men, stopping and blocking a tank that was sent to kill them, and in the end they shake hands with the tank commander, and the engine of war is shut off.

No amount of propaganda is going to change those images of people wanting peace, not war.

Are you talking about the people that kidnap and take hostages and kill local politicians and dump them into a river im a little confused?

Yes, you are confused. You have been lied to, repeatedly, but like a wife of an abusive husband you just cant break away from that dependency. It's called the Stockholm syndrome, you are a hostage to non stop lies, and mass media is your captor.

en.wikipedia.org...

All the best to you, I hope you'll break away from the sickness and see the reality for what it is.

True the truth is often different you just have to open your eyes to see it here is to hoping someday you will open your eyes. But im afraid you have bought into the Russian narrative to much to see the truth. Russia had legitimate concerns over Ukraine its what they chose to do with those concerns that was wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Chronological lineup of events in only one village, which are forcing Russians to consider military intervention in East Ukraine;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Those people are asking for help from Russia, if Russians don't help their own in Ukraine, there will be civil war not just in Ukraine, but in Russia as well.
edit on 24-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

With subtitles.

en.wikipedia.org...

True the truth is often different you just have to open your eyes to see it here is to hoping someday you will open your eyes. But im afraid you have bought into the Russian narrative to much to see the truth. Russia had legitimate concerns over Ukraine its what they chose to do with those concerns that was wrong.

I dare you, I literally dare you to say that to those people that are standing up against tanks, and are blocking them with their bodies, because they are the ones risking their lives over there, not us here.

A Chinese man standing up in front of a Chinese tank is a hero, but East Ukrainian men and women standing up in front of tanks ordered to go there and kill them by damn Nazi junta are terrorists.

That is really, really sick, but to you it's a sound reality, so no, our worlds are NOT the same, I abide to the law of the land, the natural law, not the rules of corrupt courts, and I fully support ALL people of whatever country they are from, who are defending their rights of free people, and not some expandable resource for Nazi New World Order corporations.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: renden

Amen Renden...
Amen I concur, course I didn't take the name Blue Jacket lightly.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

With subtitles.

en.wikipedia.org...

I dare you, I literally dare you to say that to those people that are standing up against tanks, and are blocking them with their bodies, because they are the ones risking their lives over there, not us here.

A Chinese man standing up in front of a Chinese tank is a hero, but East Ukrainian men and women standing up in front of tanks ordered to go there and kill them by damn Nazi junta are terrorists.

That is really, really sick, but to you it's a sound reality, so no, our worlds are NOT the same, I adhere to the law of the land, not the rules of corrupt courts, and I fully support ALL people of whatever country their from, who are defending their rights of free people, and not some expandable resource for New World Order Nazi corporations.

Again you make another straw man argument everyone is perfectly aware what happened to the tanks. But they hadnt received any orders to attack anyone.They were told to go there and wait which was a mistake because it allowed Russia the time to get some people upset and go there. The troops tried to diffuse the situation even surrendering there firing pins. Iff you watched vice at all he talked to the Ukrainian troops they had no orders to attack anyone. they were told to go there and await further instructions. Butin your world they were there to kill innocent civilians because you drink up Russian propaganda without even questioning if its real. Well hear we have a rule at ATS its called deny ignorance.

To explain to you what that means often press and politicians have agendas you have to dig deeper to find the real truth. In the case of Ukraine is obvious Russia is manipulating the people of Ukraine. It controls whatthey see andhow its presented this is called media manipulation. This is also why they keep detaining journalists in Russia there is no free press. In the west we have propaganda no doubt but its also balanced by other propaganda from opposing parties the truth often lies somewhere between the two. You can find in the US for example the US government being criticized for Ukraine bet you cant in Russia its not allowed.So my challenge to you is look into what RT tells you see if its true you maybe surprised with the results. Last thing ill say to you because im done with this is a person who doesnt question what they are told is a slave to there government question everything.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Some violence and killing has taken place today in East Ukraine against the pro-Russia crowd.

If any more such actions are taken by Kiev, then Russian Army will cross the borders and put situation under stable control.

No more warnings !!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Amen Renden...
Amen I concur, course I didn't take the name Blue Jacket lightly.

A friend of mine is a Salish Flathead. Good man.

We are all connected, regardless of where we are at.

My spirit does get a bit loud when I feel a bit farther away

Peace to you brother.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

With subtitles.

en.wikipedia.org...

That is really, really sick, but to you it's a sound reality, so no, our worlds are NOT the same, I adhere to the law of the land, not the rules of corrupt courts, and I fully support ALL people of whatever country their from, who are defending their rights of free people, and not some expandable resource for New World Order Nazi corporations.

Again you make another straw man argument everyone is perfectly aware what happened to the tanks. But they hadnt received any orders to attack anyone.They were told to go there and wait which was a mistake because it allowed Russia the time to get some people upset and go there. The troops tried to diffuse the situation even surrendering there firing pins. Iff you watched vice at all he talked to the Ukrainian troops they had no orders to attack anyone. they were told to go there and await further instructions. Butin your world they were there to kill innocent civilians because you drink up Russian propaganda without even questioning if its real. Well hear we have a rule at ATS its called deny ignorance.

Right. Did you watch the videos? Yes, or no.

If didn't, click and watch. If you did, what part of Ukrainian tanks moving on villagers don't you get?

Ukrainian tanks, not Russian tanks, were ordered to take positions at Slavansk. So what they what were they taking positions there for, to provide scenic flavor to the area?

No, they were ordered to take positions so they could provide covering fire for the Right Sector Nazi commandos who were to go and KILL the villagers.

Just as they have attempted right in this video, recorded only hours ago, to go and ATTACK THE REBELS!

www.youtube.com...

Ignore your own ignorance first and OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This just came in over the AP wires from Moscow. Its talking about the government crackdown that going on in Russia. This sounds eerily familiar does it?

Emboldened by the national euphoria over the annexation of Crimea, Putin has moved against the few remaining critical voices in Russia and further neutered the news media. On Tuesday, a court cleared the way for sending his most vocal critic to prison.

Opposition leader Alexei Navalny was found guilty of slandering a lawmaker and fined the equivalent of $8,400. As a result, he may be jailed during a trial in a second case that starts Thursday. If found guilty, he could be sent to prison.

Navalny was nearly jailed last summer, when he was running a high-profile mayoral campaign in Moscow, but his conviction brought thousands into the streets in protest. The Kremlin evidently calculated it would be better to allow him to run for mayor, but he surprised everyone by finishing a strong second with 27 percent of the vote.

But now Putin, with his approval rating at 80 percent, no longer appears willing to tolerate any criticism.

Chillingly, Putin has begun to cast his critics as "national traitors," an intimation that anyone who opposes the Kremlin is serving the interests of the West. He has compared Russians who oppose his aggressive actions in Ukraine to the Bolsheviks, who took advantage of Russia's defeat in World War I to stage their 1917 revolution.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It wears you down .. these trolls to the point that
one can no longer be bothered to post.

They win.

You have my sympathy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Heres a video from Reuters showing the first group of military to arrive in poland thought it was kind of cool so ill post the link. PS notice there airborne troops just thought id reiterate that.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This just came in over the AP wires from Moscow. Its talking about the government crackdown that going on in Russia. This sounds eerily familiar does it?

Talking about straw man arguments...

First, a cheesy lawyer and an embezzler who gets paid to run anti-Putin campaign has nothing to do with Ukraine, at all.

Second, he was found guilty for factual slander, a decision which has nothing to do with any influence of the judges. It's a textbook ruling;

www.dw.de...

On Thursday, Navalny was found guilty of heading a group that embezzled timber worth 16m roubles ($500,000; £330,000) from the Kirovles state timber company while working as an adviser to Kirov's governor Nikita Belykh.

www.bbc.com...

Uuuuhh, that poor embezzler, even a lawyer, how dare those evil backwards Russians like put him in jail, that's like a totally undemocratic crackdown, embezzlers that are anti-Putin should be given Pulitzer prizes and stuff, not jail sentences.

Weak, very weak sauce there buddy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

It doesnt bother me you cant blame someone for not knowing the truth when they only have one source of information. Im sure they truly believe what they say is fact and truly believe the Russians are just doing this to help. Throw in the massive feeling of nationality sweeping through Russia right now its understandable. In a way oddly im glad Russians are gaining pride i just didnt want it to be at the expense of others because less face it they havnt had alot to be proud of as of late. I mean even the Olympics was overshadowed with accusations of Nazis running around Russia torturing people in the gay and lesbian community. Then there was the accusations of all the people Putin was throwing in jail to silence that got so bad Putin actually released them prior to the Olympics.Russians at the moment are lost i spoke with some relatives i had there people are scared in Russia as well they believe the evil west is trying to invade Russia. Its a narrative being played so Putin can be the protector of Russia problem is this narrative can only play for so long because inevitably the truth has a tendency to come out.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The Ukrainian offensive amounts to the first time Kiev's troops have used lethal force to recapture territory from the fighters, who have seized swathes of eastern Ukraine since April 6 and proclaimed an independent "People's Republic of Donetsk".

Uuumm, how exactly do citizens "seize swaths" of their own land, and when exactly did Kievs troop possessed control of that territory in the first place? I'm just curios to how that works.

So if I'm sitting on my own couch, in my own house, and some dickhead downtown decides to take my property, then calls me a terrorist and separatist for not wanting to pay him taxes for it, I then automatically become someone that seized swaths of couch and house territory I'm sitting in at the time? I'm not even going to attempt figuring out how that could be a "recapturing" operation...

Wow, that's very nifty, I'll remember that one.

At least now we agree that's it's a Ukrainian OFFENSIVE, and not Russians invading Ukraine. That's progress already.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Did you watch the videos? What do you think about them.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

It wears you down .. these trolls to the point that
one can no longer be bothered to post.

They win.

You have my sympathy.

Show me a terrorist here;

media.zenfs.com...

Ukrainian soldiers clash with pro-Russia protesters on the field near Kramatorsk

7 days ago

Ukrainian soldiers clash with pro-Russia protesters on the field near Kramatorsk, in eastern Ukraine April 16, 2014

Are pro-Russians terrorists to you? If so just say so, it's cool.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No... The west has been stating time and again of massive buildup of Russian troops on the border. You and your compatriots don't care for the truth so you ignore the info while demanding proof of something that Putin himself has already stated.

Right from the lips of the top Nazi in Moscow

​Kremlin Spokesman Admits Troops Stationed At Ukraine Border

Not solely responsible for implementing Ukraine deal, Russia retorts US

Russia admits its troops deployed on Ukraine border, slams US threat

The village idiot comes to the right conclusion before the Nobel laureate.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Show me a terrorist here;

media.zenfs.com...

Ukrainian soldiers clash with pro-Russia protesters on the field near Kramatorsk

7 days ago

Ukrainian soldiers clash with pro-Russia protesters on the field near Kramatorsk, in eastern Ukraine April 16, 2014

Are pro-Russians terrorists to you? If so just say so, it's cool.

top topics

<< 428  429  430    432  433  434 >>

join