It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 432
<< 429  430  431    433  434  435 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: renden

It's quite funny, if this would be happening in the USA, they are considered patriots for standing up to their government, in Ukraine their Terrorists lol.

Yet most here support bundy...

There are no good guys in this story, Russia( Putin ) shouldn't be trusted but neither should the EU/SA be trusted. I remember clearly there was no violence in Ukraine, the protests where peaceful. then 3 weeks later out the blue all hell broke lose, for no reason at all, oh wait I do know why all hell broke loose, because the EU didn't win. ( Ukraine was gonna sign an agreement with Russia ).

Point is, I know who the really instigator is, but both party's are acting out of self-interest, and the chance that Ukrainian people know they are being played is zilch.

It just baffle's me to see all these member's here in the Cold war mentality, bad commies, the red scare.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The village idiot comes to the right conclusion before the Nobel laureate.

Do not think that by calling Putin a 'village idiot', you will put Russia into situation of what US got into Iraq.

G.W. Bush was and will be the only village idiot who cost US $ 1 Trillion plus, threw economy into recession and did not once said "Sorry" to American people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: rigel4

It doesnt bother me you cant blame someone for not knowing the truth when they only have one source of information. Im sure they truly believe what they say is fact and truly believe the Russians are just doing this to help. Throw in the massive feeling of nationality sweeping through Russia right now its understandable. In a way oddly im glad Russians are gaining pride i just didnt want it to be at the expense of others because less face it they havnt had alot to be proud of as of late. I mean even the Olympics was overshadowed with accusations of Nazis running around Russia torturing people in the gay and lesbian community. Then there was the accusations of all the people Putin was throwing in jail to silence that got so bad Putin actually released them prior to the Olympics.Russians at the moment are lost i spoke with some relatives i had there people are scared in Russia as well they believe the evil west is trying to invade Russia. Its a narrative being played so Putin can be the protector of Russia problem is this narrative can only play for so long because inevitably the truth has a tendency to come out.

Nicely abridged..
I tend to think of the trolls, (rightly or wrongly), as
paid agents and this makes me crazy

If they are just misguided people then you are doing a fine job of
trying to get them to "See", but if they are what i think they are, they will
come back with BS propaganda no matter what.

I f they are paid shills.. they should be banned IMHO

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I see once again Pro Russians attack the posters when they cant refute the facts presented. If you could, you would have done so by now.

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 8m
.@SenJohnMcCain says US should arm #Ukraine, impose tough sanctions on #Russia www.kyivpost.com...

Ukrainian Updates ‏@Ukroblogger · 9m
www.youtube.com... … Peekaboo? (Compared to #Russia's anti-terror machine.) #Ukraine #Sloviansk #Slovyansk pic.twitter.com/W1LFlygJhZ

Carl Bildt ‏@carlbildt · 2h
@mfa_russia The new government under PM Yatsenyuk was confirmed with broad support by the Ukraine Rada. Old Azarov government had resigned.

Carl Bildt ‏@carlbildt · 2h
@mfa_russia Well, Russia conducted military aggression against Ukraine and then in violation of international law annexed Crimea.

Ukraine's Emb. to US ‏@UkrEmbassyUSA · 2h
Latest from the Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine
Details at: http://(link tracking not allowed)/1tHwsWH pic.twitter.com/ojcz9EHiHF

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 24m
Detained RUS journalists-spies were filming strategic objects in #Ukraine w camera installed in the glasses @5channel pic.twitter.com/8VQmU3fjfm

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Perhaps you should read and understand my post because based on your comment you are lost.

Sky News ‏@SkyNews · 5m
GUARDIAN FRONT PAGE: "Putin warning as Ukraine's troops hit back" #skypapers pic.twitter.com/NE232ldGpM

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That Euromaidan twitter account is pure propaganda. IF you believe that account Russia invaded half of Europe by now, remember Putin going after Sweden.

@xcathra : I don't think there are any pro-russian posters here, more like anti west posters, big difference, to assume the west is "better" or more honest then Russia... absurd.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago424000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Also figured people might want to read about RTs recent creation and its interesting to say the least.

The most controversial aspect of Russia Today's launch was the appointment of Mr Kiselev as its director-general.

Known back in the 1990s as one of the faces of "independent journalism", Mr Kiselev has recently become notorious for his extreme and sometimes bizarre diatribes in his role as a top anchor on official channel Rossiya 1.

He has likened Kremlin opponents at home and abroad to the Nazis, used a Swedish children's TV show about toilet training to exemplify "Western values", and repeatedly demonised homosexuals.

Arguably his most controversial outburst was when he said that Russia's controversial law banning the promotion of homosexuality among children was not tough enough on gays.

"They should be banned from donating blood and sperm, and if they are killed in a car crash their hearts should be buried in the ground or burnt as unfit for helping to prolong anyone's life," he told viewers.

Opposition leader Alexei Navalny noted ironically on his blog that Mr Kiselev was the "ideal" man to front the "state propaganda machine".

But Anna Kachkayeva, dean of media and communications at Moscow's Higher School of Economics, called his appointment "odious". She also told editorially independent radio station Ekho Moskvy that the launch of the new Russia Today appeared to mark a return to the "Soviet and propagandistic past".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll
Ah yes.. The classic liar liar pants on fire doctrine. Yet I notice you have not posted information refuting the info you are dismissing.

RT ‏@RT_com · 6m
UPDATE: Amid rising tensions over Ukraine 150 US troops arrive in Latvia after deployment of 150 soldiers in Poland on.rt.com...

EU External Action ‏@eu_eeas · 11h
#Ashton: latest news from Eastern #Ukraine, kidnappings, torture, killings, incl cases of V Rybak & P Kovelko, is cause of grave concern 2/2

travel.gc.ca ‏@TravelGoC · 14m
Consular assistance to Canadians in #Crimea is extremely limited ow.ly...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

I just don't get it..how come east Ukranian people are called terrorists? Women, children, seniors. Hey, what's up with that and how any one in their sane mind sucks it all up?

..and a reminder for all participants on this thread, this people in SE Ukraine are NOT 'pro-russian'!!!!!

They don't want to lose their country to neither side. These people for federalization. Meaning, INDEPENDENCE from all.
'pro-russian' term is garbage, silently making its way into understanding the issues wrongfully!

edit on 24-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

No... The west has been stating time and again of massive buildup of Russian troops on the border. You and your compatriots don't care for the truth so you ignore the info while demanding proof of something that Putin himself has already stated.

Right from the lips of the top Nazi in Moscow

​Kremlin Spokesman Admits Troops Stationed At Ukraine Border

Not solely responsible for implementing Ukraine deal, Russia retorts US

Russia admits its troops deployed on Ukraine border, slams US threat

The village idiot comes to the right conclusion before the Nobel laureate.

Do you even read your own source?

Speaking of a village idiot.

"Our troops are deployed in various regions, there are troops near the Ukrainian border too, some permanently, others sent as reinforcement against the backdrop of what is happening in Ukraine proper," a local Russian news site quoted Peskov.

zeenews.india.com...

Oh wow, it's just like you changed the head line to look like you want it too.

How is this kind of stuff not get banned from ATS? So members can just change headlines and call them what they want?

Ignorance denied, score!

Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov has confirmed that Russia does have troops near the Ukrainian border and that some of those forces are stationed there "on a permanent basis."

www.rferl.org...

Not to mention that "Radio Free Europe" is a CIA operation, which part of that is a revelation? None.

CIA activities in Russia and Europe

Radio Free Europe (gray psychological operations)

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is a radio and communications organization funded by the United States Congress. It contrasts with the official US Voice of America.

It was founded in 1950 by the National Committee for a Free Europe. This Free Europe Committee, headed by John Foster Dulles, was an instrument of the CIA until RFE received its funds from the Congress of the United States and until 1971 they were passed to RFE through the CIA. During the earliest years of Radio Free Europe's existence, the CIA and the U.S. State Department issued broad policy directives, and a system evolved where broadcast policy was determined through negotiation between the CIA, the U.S. State Department, and RFE staff.

Some farm fellas here really suck at their job, and I'm doing this entirely out of my disrespect for their complete incompetence. Yep, I'm sitting here bored, just entertaining my self by kicking around some really, really thick blokes that are pulling a long shift at the keys. Guess what, I'm doing it for free, out of sheer enthusiasm and boredom.

en.wikipedia.org...

Paaaaathetic.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

Since the coup leaders in the south and east have talked about their "referendum question" which like Crimea's only allows for Russia absorbing those areas, your position is without merit and is not supported by the facts.

If it were true, then there would be no issues allowing the referendum question being side by side during the Presidential elections at the end of may. Instead they want elections at the ebgining of May.

Why?

because if its held at the same time as the presidential elections, Russia / Pro Russians in the E. S. of Ukraine, cany rig the outcome like they did in Crimea.

So please save the propaganda... The people in this thread are not going to buy it.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 3m
#Crimea’s space infrastructure to be used and developed- #Roscosmos en.itar-tass.com... pic.twitter.com/iM61YKOEbW @RealCrimea |EMPR

SBS News ‏@SBSNews · 2m
Abducted US journalist freed in Ukraine http://(link tracking not allowed)/1lKhii8 pic.twitter.com/Whpwsdv8Aq

.............A US journalist abducted and held by pro-Kremlin rebels in east Ukraine this week says he has been freed.

Simon Ostrovsky, who works for the online outlet VICE News, told AFP on Thursday that he was fine, although

Jason Mojica ‏@elmodernisto · 4h
Before being detained in Sloviansk, #SimonOstrovsky interviewed the town's self-appointed news.vice.com... … via @vicenews

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I do, which is why I posted the info because of you constantly claiming there are no Russian troops near Ukraine or its borders.

you attack the poster because you cant refute the facts.
You attack the source when you cant refute the facts..

I see a pattern emerging....

Any chance you can actually supply facts instead of your opinion to refute the information?

RT ‏@RT_com · 8h
BREAKING: Russia 'forced' to launch military drills at border in response to #Ukraine op - Moscow on.rt.com...

Telegraph News ‏@TelegraphNews · 7m
Russia braces for crippling US sanctions as crisis in #Ukraine turns deadly fw.to...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
Hi all,

I just don't get it..how come east Ukranian people are called terrorists? Women, children, seniors. Hey, what's up with that and how any one in their sane mind sucks it all up?

..and a reminder for all participants on this thread, this people in SE Ukraine are NOT 'pro-russian'!!!!!

They don't want to lose their country to neither side. These people for federalization. Meaning, INDEPENDENCE from all.
'pro-russian' term is garbage, silently making its way into understanding the issues wrongfully!

I dont think anyone is calling them terrorist the terrorists are the one restricting access to the streets and taking buildings. Now you can say citizens cant be terrorists but well thats usually where they come from. I stated earlier even alot of ethnic Russians dont want to leave Ukraine this is just a case of the few manipulating the many through media control.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 45s
Editor of Russia Today (RT) Margarita Simonyan shared her thoughts on Twitter: "Ukraine R.I.P.".

Sec. Kerry to make comments at 6pm EST -

Jen Psaki ‏@statedeptspox · 6m
One week after agreement in Geneva, @JohnKerry will make a statement at 6pm TONIGHT on #Ukraine. Watch live at state.gov...

NBC News World News ‏@NBCNewsWorld · 5m
Russian Troops Testing Ukraine Border: Officials nbcnews.to...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 6m
#Sloviansk: 2nd body (found in the river w #Horlivka deputy) was identified - a student frm Kyiv who was tortured too news.liga.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I do, which is why I posted the info because of you constantly claiming there are no Russian troops near Ukraine or its borders.

We already played that game. QUOTE me where I claimed that there are no Russian troops at the border.

Do it.

If you can't I will not stop pointing out your lies, and pay attention, people are already asking the correct questions.

Now nothing will happen to me if you win your little propaganda blitz here, I got absolutely nothing invested here, can you say the same?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: darkorange
Hi all,

I dont think anyone is calling them terrorist the terrorists are the one restricting access to the streets and taking buildings. Now you can say citizens cant be terrorists but well thats usually where they come from. I stated earlier even alot of ethnic Russians dont want to leave Ukraine this is just a case of the few manipulating the many through media control.

and I am saying once more hoping to get through thick layer of propaganda residue in your head, if citizens were not approving actions taken by those brave defenders, they would chase them out the streets themselves.

This men defending their city are having total support of local regular folks, coz they live there themselves, why can't you get it is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A compilation of updates from today's attacks on Slavyanks by Kievs junta;

Russian President Vladimir Putin called Kiev’s crackdown on anti-government protesters “a very serious crime.”

“If the Kiev regime started military actions against the country’s population, this is without doubt a very serious crime,”Putin said.

He maintains that the current situation in eastern Ukraine is another proof that Russia was right when it supported the Crimeans when they decided to have a referendum.

Meanwhile, Russian OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) envoy Andrey Kelin proposed sending immediately the observers to Slavyansk, calling the city and near-by regions “hotspots.”

He criticized Kiev’s ‘anti-terrorist’ operation, launched against anti-government protesters in the city as “serious violation of the Geneva agreements.”

For videos and pictures go to this link

jhaines6.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

Do not know are pro or neutral Russians but what I seem to be getting at is "We are already in WWIII scenario".

Only thing Kremlin needs is to convey to the White House and Brussels that it will NOT be played like a dogged chessboard game with infantry and armor duels. It will also NOT be intense airwar dogfights.

It will START with NUCLEAR payloads transferred at several Mach speeds.......destroying cities at a time.

Russia would be foolish to fight in any other way.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: renden

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

ok enough with the "50,000 Russian troops on Ukraine's eastern borders? and it is not just yourself,,

NEWS FLASH,,

THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF RUSSIA,,IS ON ,,Ukraine's eastern bordeR.

Please stop. the same parroting. Its demeaning.

If you are suggesting that such a concentration of Russian military along the border is meaningless, you are being obtuse.

Let me clarify even though I admit I am no military expert—an estimated 50,000 troops with live armaments, deployed in close proximity to the Ukrainian-Russian border at tactically advantageous positions which suggest readiness for an invasion contingency.

Better?

Oh for crying out loud.

POINT THE FINGER AT THE SPOT WITH ALL THOSE RUSSIANS!!!!

If can't, then kindly STHU.

Martians, Martians are at the Canadian border with US! Martians are invading, they have declared war on US! Just look at all them martians I tell ya! There are tens of thousand of them, right there, on the US/Canadian border! That's right, right there, where Canada meets USA, all them evil commie-Martians! Obama should like kill them all and stuff, cuz they are evil oppressors of freedom and democracy.

Insanity.

now, about you practicing what you preach about STHU.

Or is this an example provided by you demonstrating you cant keep track of what you said? The examples above are just from the last 5-6 pages of this thread. I can pull your quotes from the other threads where you went down this same road, and were proven wrong as well.

top topics

<< 429  430  431    433  434  435 >>

join