It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 433
<< 430  431  432    434  435  436 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Guardian World ‏@guardianworld · 1m
Ukraine crisis: Vladimir Putin warns of 'consequences' after Slavyansk skirmish gu.com...

English EuroMaidan ‏@EuroMaidanEN · 1m
A beautiful demonstration in Mariupol to support a united Ukraine. April 23, 2014.
© Roman Pilipey fb.me...

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 1m
Nicholas Kristof: Moldova, the next Ukraine www.kyivpost.com...

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs

Putin: Sanctions Hurting Russia's Economy, But Not Critically

Russia admits sanctions are hurting

You would think that would make him want to stop since those sanctions were minor compared to the ones there going to impose on Russian companies. But this is a game at this point to Putin if he were to back down with all the rhetoric hes thrown out against the east it would make him look weak. He will take down the Russians rather that show weakness. Ihave a feeling though that the future doesnt bode well for him ill be interested to see what happens in about a year as Russians put the pieces together. As long as the economy is good Putins fine. See in the west theres things we dont understand Russians are used to corruption. Russians will bribe officials or officers toget out of tickets. Police will extort protection money as well as street thugs. But Russians are different in a way they accept this and see it as an advantage.Like a business being extorted for protection money they look at it like a competitve edge thinking there competition is paying for this protection gives them a leg up on them. To the west this all sounds crazy to Russians its life.But now hurt there ability to make money lets just say all hell is going to break loose.
edit on 4/24/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs

Putin: Sanctions Hurting Russia's Economy, But Not Critically

Russia admits sanctions are hurting

You would think that would make him want to stop since those sanctions were minor compared to the ones there going to impose on Russian companies. But this is a game at this point to Putin if he were to back down with all the rhetoric hes thrown out against the east it would make him look weak. He will take down the Russians rather that show weakness. Ihave a feeling though that the future doesnt bode well for him ill be interested to see what happens in about a year as Russians put the pieces together. As long as the economy is good Putins fine. See in the west theres things we dont understand Russians are used to corruption. Russians will bribe officials or officers toget out of tickets. Police will extort protection money as well as street thugs. But Russians are different in a way they accept this and see it as an advantage.Like a business being extorted for protection money they look at it like a competitve edge thinking there competition is paying for this protection gives them a leg up on them. To the west this all sounds crazy to Russians its life.

Given that Putin stole the better part of 70 billion dollars from his Country I suspect the last thing he cares about is the Russian economy. He can afford to ride that bear right to the brink as his money is secure.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Mamatus because: fixed

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

i TOTALLY agree. SOME of these people,(and i use the term loosely) have made their entire post history IN THIS THREAD ALONE. Its quite obvious what they are,and thats what urks me about eliminating obvious ones. They bring a entire thread down sometimes.(not to mention a forum) They constantly ignore data and then toss garbage our way that we have to accept as the gosphel truth apparently.

I am done with this thread,not because of being irritated,but im tired of reading the inane post,the starwmen and the outright propoganda BS. This is the cancer killing ATS..

Back on topic though. The russians are master propagandist. Iran and china could learn something from them. Not to mention our russian president Komrade Obama is butt buddies with Putin actually behind closed doors. I really hope Ukraine expplodes into a all out war. I am so tired of this chess game i would actually prefeer to smash the board and say lets get it on!
Im ready to watch the world burn are you?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Looks as though Ukraine s government has stopped trying to appease Russia altogether probably because thus far hasnt gotten them very far.This is basically Ukraine saying you enter our borders there will be a war.

Talking tough after Ukraine’s military killed five Russian separatists in Slaviansk, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Andriy Deshchytisa ripped Russian President Vladimir Putin for staging military exercise along the Eastern Ukrainian border. Killing five pro-Russian separatists in Slaviansk, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned Ukraine to stop the violence or face Russia’s military, much the same as it did moving the Russian Army into South Ossetia and Abkasia in 2008. “We will now fight with Russian troops . . . if they invade Ukraine,” said Deshchytisa, sending the exact wrong message to Moscow. When Putin seized Crimea March 1, he used unmarked Russian troops, something Ukraine insists repeated itself in Eastern Ukraine. “The Ukrainian people and Ukrainian Army are ready to do this. Ukraine will confront Russia. We will defend our land. We will defend our territory,” throwing down the gauntlet to the Kremlin.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Insurgents Identified: The Green Men of VKontakte

Tikhon Karetniy

Like Ponomarev, Karetniy is a member of the Belorechensk Cossack community in Russia. A photo posted on the community page details the group involved in the seizures in Sloviansk called “Terek Wolf Sotnia“. His profile is relatively new (registered in February, active more recently) so it cannot be confirmed that his identity is real, however, he does have the social connections with other members involved with a higher degree of authenticity. It’s likely this is him pictured with Ponomarev.

Evgeny “Dingo” Ponomarev

Ponomarev is a 39 year old native of Belorechensk, Russia, in the Kuban region. Pictured above, he is a Registered Cossack with full police badge. He is active in the Terek Cossack community, and featured in many of the photos recently presented by CNN and the BBC detailing the same group of insurgents appearing in Kramatorsk and Sloviansk.

Alexander Ganchev

While Ganchev’s profile is littered with cat pictures and memes, in 2013 through to January 2014 there are many photos of him in combat training, including with sniper rifles, assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and rocket launchers. Recent photos from April show him with members who seized buildings in Donetsk. Groups he is a member of include Berkut support, The Supreme Council of the people of Ukraine and Russia (which asks for “practical” assistance in imposing referendums), Crimean “self-defense” groups, and airsoft rifle groups in Crimea (which appears to be a front to gather militants and buy weapons). His current city is listed as Horlivka, Ukraine, and he appears to be from Makiivka.

Igor Georgievsky

His hometown is listed as Simferopol and photos show him in Sevastopol, and in group shots with other self-defense militants. Above he is seen at the Sloviansk airfield in Donetsk region (here’s video of the airfield with the same helicopters ). He’s in the ‘People’s Liberation Movement in Ukraine‘ (which calls to ‘liberate’ the ‘western occupied colony’ from ‘invaders’), Russian Spring, and another group which calls to retake Odessa from ‘fascism’. He is seen with the Terek Wolf Company insignia.

Click link for remainder of article / profiles.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I f they are paid shills.. they should be banned IMHO

Let's assume for a minute that there are "russian paid shills" on this thread, then isn't it just as likely, if not more so, that there are "western paid shills" as well? Hmm? Or is the west above that....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

MaidanOnline ‏@MaidanOnline · 2m
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL:
"At least 16 people have been abducted since last week in Slovyansk and Horlivka, both in... fb.me...

RT ‏@RT_com · 3m
WATCH LIVE: US Secretary of State John Kerry is making a statement about the situation in Ukraine on.rt.com...

Ukrainian Updates ‏@Ukroblogger · 3m
#Lavrov works for a govt that 'could turn' his daughter into 'radioactive ash.' Yes,she's a US resident. #Russia pic.twitter.com/JxdICUwQTc

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtrot7x
Reading renden's posts and i'm thinking ''there's a man who is blind n deaf to all'' . Earlier i was angry but now i just pity him .. I mean he's posting nonsense after nonsense just to justify the earlier nonsense . lol its amusing to watch . And the examples he gives ... pathetic.I just skip by his posts now lol...

READ - **Ignore

To be honest i find his comments funny ill post an article and he tries to attack it its kind of fun actually. Hes arguing with the press but attacking us for posting it. But you know where all Nazi sympathizers secretly planning to overthrow the Russian government. (play doom and gloom music here) And the funny part is if the west wanted to do that they would have given Russians billions to rebuild there economy. They just would have let is continue its fall now im afraid Putins pride is going to make it even worse this time for the Russians.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: darkorange

Do not know are pro or neutral Russians but what I seem to be getting at is "We are already in WWIII scenario".

Only thing Kremlin needs is to convey to the White House and Brussels that it will NOT be played like a dogged chessboard game with infantry and armor duels. It will also NOT be intense airwar dogfights.

It will START with NUCLEAR payloads transferred at several Mach speeds.......destroying cities at a time.

Russia would be foolish to fight in any other way.

You see, this is the LAST chance banksters elite has.

Have you ever asked yourself what NWO is? Why people on ATS are talking about it?

cheers)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

his posts serve an important function -

It buries information they cannot refute / defend against. While amusing the goal is accomplished by burying the information under pages of useless banter / comments / rhetoric.

RIA Novosti ‏@ria_novosti · 9m
Russia Disrupted West's Plans for Regime Change in Ukraine – Lawmaker http://(link tracking not allowed)/PxPOx8

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 19m
Women step up to defend #Ukraine www.kyivpost.com... … pic.twitter.com/8TS7HmswKg

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: renden

Here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: renden

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

ok enough with the "50,000 Russian troops on Ukraine's eastern borders? and it is not just yourself,,

NEWS FLASH,,

THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF RUSSIA,,IS ON ,,Ukraine's eastern bordeR.

Please stop. the same parroting. Its demeaning.

If you are suggesting that such a concentration of Russian military along the border is meaningless, you are being obtuse.

Let me clarify even though I admit I am no military expert—an estimated 50,000 troops with live armaments, deployed in close proximity to the Ukrainian-Russian border at tactically advantageous positions which suggest readiness for an invasion contingency.

Better?

Oh for crying out loud.

POINT THE FINGER AT THE SPOT WITH ALL THOSE RUSSIANS!!!!

If can't, then kindly STHU.

Martians, Martians are at the Canadian border with US! Martians are invading, they have declared war on US! Just look at all them martians I tell ya! There are tens of thousand of them, right there, on the US/Canadian border! That's right, right there, where Canada meets USA, all them evil commie-Martians! Obama should like kill them all and stuff, cuz they are evil oppressors of freedom and democracy.

Insanity.

now, about you practicing what you preach about STHU.

Or is this an example provided by you demonstrating you cant keep track of what you said? The examples above are just from the last 5-6 pages of this thread. I can pull your quotes from the other threads where you went down this same road, and were proven wrong as well.

QUOTE MY WORDS!

You can't, you'll simply repeat the same crap over and over again.

I NEVER denied that there are no troops anywhere, because I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!!!!

When I asked time and time again for anybody here to SHOW where those troops are claimed to be, it's all smoke and mirrors he said she said.

So don't you put words into my mouth mister.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

i TOTALLY agree. SOME of these people,(and i use the term loosely) have made their entire post history IN THIS THREAD ALONE. Its quite obvious what they are,and thats what urks me about eliminating obvious ones.

Make sure to send feds and armed to the teeth mercs, militiamen will greet them in kind. Everyone will have a chat about who should be "eliminated" and how.

I am done with this thread,not because of being irritated,but im tired of reading the inane post,the starwmen and the outright propoganda BS. This is the cancer killing ATS..

Back on topic though. The russians are master propagandist. Iran and china could learn something from them. Not to mention our russian president Komrade Obama is butt buddies with Putin actually behind closed doors. I really hope Ukraine expplodes into a all out war.

Actually wow. Great thinking there buddy, just remember, when the war comes to you, you've asked for it.
edit on 24-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Given that this thread is about the Ukraine, I will return to news about the Ukraine and ignore all idiot trolls.

Simon from Vice news has been released by his captors and dispatch 29 of the Vice News Russian Roulette series has just come out. Simon did some great reporting from the Ukraine and I have to imagine that he will not be going back in there due to his recent popularity. Being a target is not fun and I applaud all he brought us.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: renden

Don't try going down this road. You have consistently maintained there are no Russians forces on the border of Ukraine. Even after Putin making the statement there are Russian forces there.

You did the same in the exchanges I posted of you. The claim was made their were Russian soldiers massed on the border totaling about 50k. You dismissed it because you want photo evidence they are there, which was provided by the way yet you dismissed them as well by buying into the Soviet propaganda that the photos were old.

Your demanding photos of those troops is in fact you stating there are no troops present on the border. If you believed Russian troops were present, you would not dismiss the information while demanding photographic evidence.

You in fact claimed there were no Russian troops on the border.
You in fact demanded photo evidence of said troops on the Ukraine border.

The comments you made are present and its not something you can easily dismiss with denials.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 6m
#Putin’s sweet dreams & bitter realities wp.me... | EMPR News #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/u0zecbt6jT

Andrea Mitchell ‏@mitchellreports · 2m
.@JohnKerry says Geneva Ukraine agreement not optional in 'final warning' I'm told before new sanctions

AJELive ‏@AJELive · 1m
Kerry: Geneva agreement is not open to interpretation, not optional #Ukraine

Kerry is taking Russia to task right now in his statements on TV.

NBC News ‏@NBCNews · 47s
Ukraine, not Russia, keeping its word on deescalating crisis, Kerry says nbcnews.to...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Looks as though Ukraine s government has stopped trying to appease Russia altogether probably because thus far hasnt gotten them very far.This is basically Ukraine saying you enter our borders there will be a war.

Oh, so killing Ukrainians that don't want a Nazi junta telling them how to live is not war, it's anti-terrorist operation just like this;

media.zenfs.com...

Just look at all those terrorists! They should be shot on sight for being so anti-Nazi!

War will begin when those people will be protected from Ukrainian tanks and artillery by Russian troops.
edit on 24-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Kerry seems slightly upset lol. I have a feeling they agreed to no further sanctions on Russia in the Geneva meeting and thats why it keeps getting brought up about the interpretation part. There trying to take away his wiggle room saying the agreement was very clear.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtrot7x
Reading renden's posts and i'm thinking ''there's a man who is blind n deaf to all'' . Earlier i was angry but now i just pity him .. I mean he's posting nonsense after nonsense just to justify the earlier nonsense . lol its amusing to watch . And the examples he gives ... pathetic.I just skip by his posts now lol...

READ - **Ignore

To be honest i find his comments funny ill post an article and he tries to attack it its kind of fun actually. Hes arguing with the press but attacking us for posting it. But you know where all Nazi sympathizers secretly planning to overthrow the Russian government. (play doom and gloom music here) And the funny part is if the west wanted to do that they would have given Russians billions to rebuild there economy. They just would have let is continue its fall now im afraid Putins pride is going to make it even worse this time for the Russians.

It's sad that you find war funny. People are being killed, right now, but to you it's all funny comments. I posted videos of people standing up to tanks, to you that doesn't exist. Ukrainian helicopters and jets terrorizing towns and villages that refuse to submit to criminal Nazi regime in Kiev, to you that's amusing. Videos of Nazi Torch parades through the streets of Kiev, to you that does not exist. Armed American mercenarys in Ukraine, there to kill anybody who is against the Nazi junta, but to you that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm not laughing, I don't find it funny, I find it anti-American. These are not the American values I've grown to know, to respect and live by,

So what the hell are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 430  431  432    434  435  436 >>

join