It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 430
<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
But again, maybe I have too personal of a stake in all this. Maybe I have a morbid fascination that all my worst fears will be confirmed.

I know very well how the Kremlin and Russian business elite think. After all, I have felt their oppressive proximity on an almost daily basis, for years. Their greed, their lust, their feeling of dejection at the fall of the Soviet empire—it is all very much apparent in their aspirations and delusions of grandeur while the common people suffer.

And furthermore, I have lost one I loved most because of their insecurities which led to brutality.

Putin is their archetype czar. And now all the world will see of what he and his followers are capable.

You just described the US, UK, Canada and Israel to a tea.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Putin-up, if you will.

You do not know what I have been through, so kindly keep your advice to yourself. Thanks.

Each empire has its own particular flavor of corruption. The UK, USA and Israel just have it perfected to something much more subtle.

I know all about the immense corruption of western investment banks, the looting of developing economies by the IMF, the insatiable greed of the western military industrial complex.

But I don't really understand the logical fallacy of many on here that seem to embrace Putin's unrelenting hold on power by the most brutal of means, simply because they oppose the governments of the west!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would offer that this is not always true.
edit on 24-4-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: typo as its hard to type on touchscreen with nails

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

@mfa_russia: #Lavrov: They say the situation in Ukraine depends entirely on us. We’re flattered, but surely a “regional power” cannot achieve that much?
Russia's Tweets get more and more hilarious by the minute. Looks like they are really scraping the barrel.
edit on 24-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: drivers1492
a reply to: renden
Then by all means disengage from the thread. No one here is needing to prove to you anything. We are not present taking photographs and can simply relay what we do find. If that isn't enough then please bring to updates as well. Your demeanor is degrading to members far above simply disagreeing with them which is in no way beneficial to this thread and is causing constant disruptions. Don't misunderstand, you aren't the only one in my eyes that isn't "keeping things civil" but your repeated snide remarks are not needed to relay a point. I am asking you, please stop the snippy rhetoric. If you have updates by all means supply them. But do not ask other members to provide more than what they are to suit your needs or whatever it is that you seem irritated about. No one except those living in the area "know" whats going on we only have information that is being put out to various places on the net.

I hope you don't feel like I am attacked you in particular but your comments have been getting under my skin. Feel free to reply if you like but I simply wanted to say my piece and ask you to curb your way of commenting so this thread isn't about someones opinion of the truth. I will not tender a response to this post.

My apologies for the off topic post everyone.

I'm not feeling attacked at all, so no worries.

I did bring all kinds of links and videos to the thread, but they were simply brushed off with actual state propoganda, so what's the point but a little fun?

I posted videos of Ukrainian soldiers actually rebelling against illegal orders, but hey, some phantom Russian force of invaders has been a fact here from post 1, yet not a single piece of evidence has been shown, just some fake pics.

That insults my intelligence, however humble it might be. Then all the Putin attacks. I don't know the man and I couldn't care less about what he does, but I keep getting accused of working for him. Now that's just asinine.

One thing that gets under my skin, is the disguising anti-Russian rhetoric. I don't care that it's anti-Russian, that's not the disgusting part, what is sickening is that if it was exactly the same but anti-black, anti-Jewish or anti-gay, that would be a social equivalent of a bigoted crime, but since its some other people its a free for all so lets bag on Russians, like they are the only people left we can hate with joyful enthusiasm that's state approved.

We can't hate Muslims as much as we did cuz that's old news, but hey, there are always Russians to hate on, be they the evil Soviet Empire Russians, vodka drinking Russians, or these new scary "elite" Russians in the "new" Kremlin. I'm just tired of the hate fest and the fact that we are actually supporting clear cut goddamn NAZIS just because we are told that it's cool to hate on some Russians.

That really blows my mind, that's not the America I live in, and not the Americans I know. The real problem is that if out Nation is really that different at this point, and it's totally fine to support Nazis who are killing Christians, I don't care if it's in Ukraine or Uganda, then we have a real problem right here.

Its a problem because we still have this thing called the Constitution, which clearly states that we have a duty to protect out Nation from all enemies foreign and domestic, and you know what, Christian killing Nazis sure as hell look like enemies to me, but instead of fighting them we are totally supporting them. If Americans are now cool with Nazis and mercenaries killing Christians in Ukraine, then I don't see how they'll have a problem with Nazis and mercenaries killing Christians in US.

Bundy Ranch is the latest example of how that works, and that is a problem for me, that's what gets under my skin, and if some people are cool with that online, they are sure as heck cool with that when they are voting, and when black armored trucks are rolling through the streets picking up whoever doesn't agree with them.

Right now, this is what East Ukrainians are standing up against, and I support them fully, even if Russians have to roll in there to kick Nazi ass all the way to Washington DC, cuz real Patriots will be right there doing the same from the other side.

That's what I think.
edit on 24-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

But again, maybe I have too personal of a stake in all this. Maybe I have a morbid fascination that all my worst fears will be confirmed.

I know very well how the Kremlin and Russian business elite think. After all, I have felt their oppressive proximity on an almost daily basis, for years. Their greed, their lust, their feeling of dejection at the fall of the Soviet empire—it is all very much apparent in their aspirations and delusions of grandeur while the common people suffer.

And furthermore, I have lost one I loved most because of their insecurities which led to brutality.

Putin is their archetype czar. And now all the world will see of what he and his followers are capable.

You just described the US, UK, Canada and Israel to a tea.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Putin-up, if you will.

But I don't really understand the logical fallacy of many on here that seem to embrace Putin's unrelenting hold on power by the most brutal of means, simply because they oppose the governments of the west!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would offer that this is not always true.

Putin has the approval of over 100 million Russians. That's a lot of enemies you just picked for your self. You'll need more luck the Napoleon and Hitler put together. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I take it this an imaginative suggestion thread then, not like the real discussion of factual events, but imaginary playtime with fictional world events.

I am sorry, but I have to ask why you feel the need to be rude to people who are using this thread as a way to get news to many who aren't seeing the news on Ukraine?

So far you haven't contributed anything that could be consider relevant or even on topic to this thread. Might I suggest you start a Ukraine thread where you can bash whomever you please and let those who have taken their time to help update this thread for those who are looking for them.

No need to reply as I am asking you to let this thread do what it was intended to do...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I did, enjoy;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I did, enjoy;

Then why do you insist on derailing this thread still, as you can have a blank canvas for your rants.

So you obviously didn't understand what I was trying to convey but after reading your posts I am not surprised.

No need to reply because I can't see this discussion going very far before you are off into another rant, so have a good day.

Sorry to those trying to keep the updates going for those who want them.

edit on 24-4-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

And this is the one and only reply to all that;

TERRORISTS are the one's WHO ARE INVADING a sovereign country RIGHT NOW. Last time I check .. RUSSIANS

So yeah, I'm a bit discouraged to contribute further at the moment, cuz I feel that even if I post a video of BlackWater mercenary burned out on bath salts cutting a baby's head of and drinking its blood, it'll still be called "operation freedom against little terrorists"...

That comment is all cool and is not a derailment of the thread, calling Russians terrorists is just fine, but saying anything otherwise is derailment.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

MOSCOW (AP) -- President Vladimir Putin on Thursday called the Internet a CIA project and made comments about Russia's biggest search engine Yandex, sending the company's shares plummeting.

The Kremlin has been anxious to exert greater control over the Internet, which opposition activists - barred from national television - have used to promote their ideas and organize protests.

Russia's parliament this week passed a law requiring social media websites to keep their servers in Russia and save all information about their users for at least half a year. Also, businessmen close to Putin now control Russia's leading social media network, VKontakte.

Speaking Thursday at a media forum in St. Petersburg, Putin said that the Internet originally was a "CIA project" and "is still developing as such."

To resist that influence, Putin said, Russia needs to "fight for its interests" online.

A Russian blogger complained to Putin that foreign websites and Yandex, the web search engine which is bigger in Russia than Google, are storing information on servers abroad, which could be undermining Russia's security.

In his reply, Putin mentioned unspecified pressure that was exerted on Yandex in its early years and chided the company for its registration in the Netherlands "not only for tax reasons but for other considerations, too."

Although Putin's comments didn't include any specific threats to Yandex, one of Russia's most successful tech companies, its shares plunged by 5 percent at the Nasdaq's opening on Thursday.

In a statement Thursday, Yandex said the company got registered in the Netherlands "solely due to the specifics of corporate law," not because of the low taxes there and added that its core business is based in Russia and "practically all the taxes are paid in Russia."

Reacting to Putin's claims that Yandex was under "pressure," the company said it got its first investments from international funds and investors, "which is the usual practice for any online start-up in any country."

edit on Thuu3011314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
expres.ua...

Attackers through illegal channels of funding received money and weapons, and were designed to carry out acts of terrorism and sabotage in the Ukraine , in coordination with the Russian special services . On the First Deputy Prosecutor General of Ukraine Mykola Golomsha during an international conference on the return of stolen assets corrupt elite Ukraine . Yes, Golomsha noted that the number of criminal proceedings based on facts appeals to violate the territorial integrity of Ukraine , the overthrow of the constitutional order, acts of terrorism , capture and lock state agencies studied the probability of funding for these crimes legalized by means of crime . " In Lugansk region held criminal proceedings in respect of the whole group. Been revealed over 1200 provocateurs who through illegal channels received funding finances and weapons, and were designed to carry out acts of terrorism and sabotage in the State , in coordination with the Russian special services to ensure that we were not able to today hold elections and had the mess that is today, " - he wrote UNIAN. He stressed that all steps are intended to Ukrainian authorities peaceful settlement of the issue. However, if necessary, will be made regarding the impact of austerity measures and the separatist saboteurs operating in the Donbass. In addition , he said , checked may participate in these activities of banks , including foreign -based states. As previously reported, in Slavic separatists admit it , they fired Ukrainian military aircraft .

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 2h

#Slavyansk #Ponomarev: we expect assault tonight, after morning operation 3 #Ukraine troops took up positions near Slavkurort brick factory

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The petty childish arguments in some threads make them unreadable. I followed this thread for some time and just came back to it, read three pages of "your wrong", "no, you're wrong." This isn't some prediction, this is real life, lives are being lost and we are on the brink of disaster. Save your petty predictions for the lotto!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Unarmed pro-Russian Ukrainians are stopping and preventing Ukrainian Army Tank to pass into their territory.

With subtitles.

These are apparently the terrorists American mercs, Ukrainian Neo-Nazis and Ukrainian Amry are supposed to shoot.

Yeap, all those evil Putin lovers, that block a tank with a car and their own bodies.

Must be out of sheer hate, and not bravery.

Note a tanker manning a .50 machinegun, yet people are not afraid and continue to block the tank.

That's the truth in Ukraine. Just country folk, women and men, stopping and blocking a tank that was sent to kill them, and in the end they shake hands with the tank commander, and the engine of war is shut off.

No amount of propaganda is going to change those images of people wanting peace, not war.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Russia Demands U.S. Stop Ukrainian Military Operation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Your vid isn't showing can you post the url please.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: drivers1492
Your vid isn't showing can you post the url please.

You are right, for some reason some links don't show up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: renden
Unarmed pro-Russian Ukrainians are stopping and preventing Ukrainian Army Tank to pass into their territory.

With subtitles.

These are apparently the terrorists American mercs, Ukrainian Neo-Nazis and Ukrainian Amry are supposed to shoot.

Yeap, all those evil Putin lovers, that block a tank with a car and their own bodies.

Must be out of sheer hate, and not bravery.

Note a tanker manning a .50 machinegun, yet people are not afraid and continue to block the tank.

That's the truth in Ukraine. Just country folk, women and men, stopping and blocking a tank that was sent to kill them, and in the end they shake hands with the tank commander, and the engine of war is shut off.

No amount of propaganda is going to change those images of people wanting peace, not war.

Are you talking about the people that kidnap and take hostages and kill local politicians and dump them into a river im a little confused? See the Russians did that the people just want a better life and unfortunately bought into propaganda. there are two different groups who act entirely differently. Now i know if a group of citizens took over the Kremlin Putin would have the military in there so fast to remove them so dont play using force against the people crap. People dont take over government buildings than take hostages and issue demands. Thats called terrorism plain and simple.And we are all very aware of the fact it is a very small group of people creating the violence Most etnic Russians just want to live there life dont and i say again dont try to put up straw man arguments to support your case its just kind of sad really.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Same here, back from April 16th;

www.youtube.com...

Villagers are stopping Ukrainian armor columns.

No, no Russian bad guys, just locals who are upset that they were branded as terrorists.

The reason I'm concerned, is that with exact same ease I could be labeled as terrorist just because I don't want some corrupt military dictatorship to send armed troops to take my property. Which is already happening in USA.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Latest from that town, Ukrainian forces attacked the villagers, burned down their barricade and shot defenders;

www.youtube.com...

So yeah, those darn terrorists, look at them not dying peacefully when they are told to, those damn commies, asking for help from the Russians. Nuke! Nuke 'em all, women and children, go full Baghdad on them damn Russkies, Burn MoFo burn!

Is that like totally acceptable for the thread? Because apparently people who want to defend their land are terrorists now, making American Patriots terrorists as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Heres an interesting video they are talking about international law involved with Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 427  428  429    431  432  433 >>

join