It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 429
<< 426  427  428    430  431  432 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALoveSupreme
a reply to: Flatcoat

Oh no, we must respect every man's opinion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

And if, in fact, his wife is beautiful, and his children are smart, what then? Do you apologize for your arrogance?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

Yes. I saw that the still was taken in Crimea, but the video doesn't seem to be. If it is I'm sorry for sharing wrong informations, I just share what I find on different sources.

LE: translation of the video description

Novoshahtinsk! A huge column of Russian military equipment goes to Ukraine! 200km from the Slavic! April 24

edit on Thu0000003011314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Several new videos showing Russian military convoys on the move:

pressimus.com...

pressimus.com...

Where is this? Who's gear is that, no marks. Which direction are they traveling?

Most of those car video camera have GPS receivers in them, and when they record they overlay GPS location right into video.

What I did see, is white striping on some of the trucks, which is a clear indication that those trucks are not for military use, but for display.

Like maybe the preparations for the huge May Parade in Russia?

So, unless we actually know a location of where this is taking place, it could be anything from training to preparations for the May Day Parade, but hey, since it's all about Russian hysteria - Oh my Goooood! The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming! Hide your daughters, grab your pitchforks and rise up to defend our banks (correction) our freedoms!

What is even better, if this columns is actually the troops that are said to be moving towards Ukraine for the announced military exercises, because then all the hysterical yelling about the evil Russians that gathered right at the border ready to pounce on poor Ukraine, will be automatically rendered as total bull crap.

So if these are the troops, then oh well, they are moving AFTER Kievs Nazi junta has built up their military to invade Eastern Ukraine, AFTER Ukrainian soldiers openly refused to carry out illegal orders to shoot civilian,s AFTER American mercenaries began active military operations on sovereign Ukrainian soil, AFTER blood of East Ukrainians has been spilled by invading force, and gee what a surprise, not a Russian force, but the Nazi Right Sector which was armed and legalized by the completely illegitimate puppet government of Kievs junta.

In that case, these Russian troops will actually be peacekeepers, there protecting the population from confirmed 11 thousand of Ukrainian troop , with their confirmed 160 tanks.

Kievs has not denied this official statement;

According to the Head Office, in a military operation against civilians in the south-east of Ukraine Ukrainian troops acting group of more than 11 thousand people, it uses 160 tanks, more than 230 infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers, at least 150 guns, a large number of aviation.

toinformistoinfluence.com...

So for Kiev it's totally cool to send in 11K troops with 160 tanks and cannons and start shooting people, but Russians are not supposed to do anything to protect their Russian speaking brothers who have been asking for help non stop.

Okydoky then

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

a reply to: Flatcoat

Oh no, we must respect every man's opinion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

And if, in fact, his wife is beautiful, and his children are smart, what then? Do you apologize for your arrogance?

I suppose, yes.

Hypothetically I would...

But somebody who calls a majority of the posts on this thread which strongly suggest Russia is conducting military special operations preceding a full scale invasion 'fake' without providing proof to that effect AND meanwhile engages in a derailing and particularly annoying facile form of argument ad nauseum…

Well that somebody's metaphorical wife would appear quite grotesque and their metaphorical children quite brain damaged.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: renden

So, unless we actually know a location of where this is taking place, it could be anything from training to preparations for the May Day Parade, but hey, since it's all about Russian hysteria - Oh my Goooood! The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming! Hide your daughters, grab your pitchforks and rise up to defend our banks (correction) our freedoms!

Renden,

You can log on to Twitter, search for keyword "Ukraine" and be treated to plenty of pictures of armor with the location embedded in the photograph.

I don't see why you think that belaboring this point is fruitful.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Russia got caught by the SBU again apparently Russia isnt the only one who can record calls. Video they released is below

Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) has released a YouTube video it says implicates high-ranking Russian Military Intelligence officers in the April 17 abduction and subsequent killing of Horlivka City Councilman Volodymyr Rybak.

Rybak that day tried raising the Ukrainian national flag atop the local legislature building. His dead body was found in a river near Sloviansk – 65 kilometers from Horlivka – on April 19, along with an unidentified corpse. An Interior Ministry criminal investigator said his body had signs of torture and his belly was ripped open.

The first part of the video allegedly shows a recording of Russian Military Intelligence Lieutenant Colonel Igor Bezlier ordering a subordinate to abduct Rybak, tie his hands and blindfold him while driving him away to a remote place so that he could rendezvous with the captors.

In the second part of the recording, Russian Military Intelligence Colonel Igor Strelkov – who the SBU says is coordinating the Kremlin-backed separatist movement in eastern Ukraine – calls Vyacheslav Ponomaryov, the self-proclaimed mayor of Sloviansk, “to come and pick up (Rybak’s) body because it is starting to stink.”

In response, Ponomaryov complies, and says he will come to take and “bury the punk.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitelogic

Renden,

You can log on to Twitter, search for keyword "Ukraine" and be treated to plenty of pictures of armor with the location embedded in the photograph.

Why, this thread is not good enough to post those pics? I take it this an imaginative suggestion thread then, not like the real discussion of factual events, but imaginary playtime with fictional world events.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitelogic

Renden,

Dont feed the trolls it just makes things worse.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
But again, maybe I have too personal of a stake in all this. Maybe I have a morbid fascination that all my worst fears will be confirmed.

I know very well how the Kremlin and Russian business elite think. After all, I have felt their oppressive proximity on an almost daily basis, for years. Their greed, their lust, their feeling of dejection at the fall of the Soviet empire—it is all very much apparent in their aspirations and delusions of grandeur while the common people suffer.

And furthermore, I have lost one I loved most because of their insecurities which led to brutality.

Putin is their archetype czar. And now all the world will see of what he and his followers are capable.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia got caught by the SBU again apparently Russia isnt the only one who can record calls. Video they released is below

Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) has released a YouTube video it says implicates high-ranking Russian Military Intelligence officers in the April 17 abduction and subsequent killing of Horlivka City Councilman Volodymyr Rybak.

Rybak that day tried raising the Ukrainian national flag atop the local legislature building. His dead body was found in a river near Sloviansk – 65 kilometers from Horlivka – on April 19, along with an unidentified corpse. An Interior Ministry criminal investigator said his body had signs of torture and his belly was ripped open.

The first part of the video allegedly shows a recording of Russian Military Intelligence Lieutenant Colonel Igor Bezlier ordering a subordinate to abduct Rybak, tie his hands and blindfold him while driving him away to a remote place so that he could rendezvous with the captors.

In the second part of the recording, Russian Military Intelligence Colonel Igor Strelkov – who the SBU says is coordinating the Kremlin-backed separatist movement in eastern Ukraine – calls Vyacheslav Ponomaryov, the self-proclaimed mayor of Sloviansk, “to come and pick up (Rybak’s) body because it is starting to stink.”

In response, Ponomaryov complies, and says he will come to take and “bury the punk.

What is this again? I have no clue what any of that is about. Who is talking to whom, what are they saying, and it sure sounds like editing. Kind of like a bunch of calls dumped together.

How do we even know who any of these people are?

When it comes to calls, we sure knew who Nuland was and other big players, this could be anybody, and even at that they are using fake names, so this could be a radio theater play for all I care.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thought people might want to see this its from Simon posted on his twitter account

Simon Ostrovsky ‏@SimonOstrovsky 15s
I'm out and safe. Thank you all for your support. Had no idea I had so many good friends.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: elitelogic

I don't have twitter. Can you post these proven images.

I can take a photo of a rain forest and claim it is proof that Sahara desert is worth trillions in lumber.

It is not that there is proof these pictures of Russian activity are not authentic. But really, how can you tell? Anything can be fabricated and the fact is that those that are pushing for action against Russia have proven themselves
to be shameless liars over and over and over again... but now I am supposed to believe them? Why?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But again, maybe I have too personal of a stake in all this. Maybe I have a morbid fascination that all my worst fears will be confirmed.

I know very well how the Kremlin and Russian business elite think. After all, I have felt their oppressive proximity on an almost daily basis, for years. Their greed, their lust, their feeling of dejection at the fall of the Soviet empire—it is all very much apparent in their aspirations and delusions of grandeur while the common people suffer.

And furthermore, I have lost one I loved most because of their insecurities which led to brutality.

Putin is their archetype czar. And now all the world will see of what he and his followers are capable.

Oh, so this is personal but somehow there can be no conflict of interests.

It's just general hate for Soviet Empire, which by proxy renders all Russians as some sort of blood thirsty, evil henchmen of their horrible leaders that are bent on doing the worlds most evil things.

Ok then. All that is very, very unbiased and constructive.

Unlike some people, I for one have never been around any Kremlin elite or business elite, I don't know what they do, what they think, I'm just a simple guy that's sick to death of all the constant BS, including all kinds of special people of the elite, and how they play their sick little games with each other.

It must be nice hanging out with Kremlin elite then, just to come to some forum and tell everyone how bad and oppressive they are

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

MOSCOW — Russia announced on Thursday that it was immediately starting military drills involving its army and air force along the border with Ukraine, harshly criticizing the government there for moving against pro-Russian forces occupying various government buildings in a show of force that left a still-undetermined number of people killed and wounded.

www.nytimes.com...

link   

You just described the US, UK, Canada and Israel to a tea.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Putin-up, if you will.

link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

I wasn't actually referring to any one poster in particular, but I've seen so many members on this thread and others, called "Ivan", "comrade", "Putin lover", "Russian shill" etc, etc simply for disagreeing. I find it a particularly weak defense which tends to leave a decidedly sour taste in the mouth.

link   
a reply to: renden
Then by all means disengage from the thread. No one here is needing to prove to you anything. We are not present taking photographs and can simply relay what we do find. If that isn't enough then please bring to updates as well. Your demeanor is degrading to members far above simply disagreeing with them which is in no way beneficial to this thread and is causing constant disruptions. Don't misunderstand, you aren't the only one in my eyes that isn't "keeping things civil" but your repeated snide remarks are not needed to relay a point. I am asking you, please stop the snippy rhetoric. If you have updates by all means supply them. But do not ask other members to provide more than what they are to suit your needs or whatever it is that you seem irritated about. No one except those living in the area "know" whats going on we only have information that is being put out to various places on the net.

I hope you don't feel like I am attacked you in particular but your comments have been getting under my skin. Feel free to reply if you like but I simply wanted to say my piece and ask you to curb your way of commenting so this thread isn't about someones opinion of the truth. I will not tender a response to this post.

My apologies for the off topic post everyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: elitelogic

I don't have twitter. Can you post these proven images.

I can take a photo of a rain forest and claim it is proof that Sahara desert is worth trillions in lumber.

It is not that there is proof these pictures of Russian activity are not authentic. But really, how can you tell? Anything can be fabricated and the fact is that those that are pushing for action against Russia have proven themselves
to be shameless liars over and over and over again... but now I am supposed to believe them? Why?

A good try, but a mute point.

It doesn't' matter. If Kermit the Frog comes on CNN morning show to state that Putin is evil, and to prove he'll show his own Facebook and Twitter pages, then it'll be a fact, regardless that Kermit the Frog is not an actual person.

This entire thing is not about Putin, never was, so it doesn't matter how many times it'll be stated that Putin has the support of over 100 million Russians, all that just don't matter, if corporate propaganda says we as Americans now must go and kill Russian speaking people, even if it leads to nuclear Armageddon, then it's unquestionable fact, and we all must obey as blind, death, sheep.

The fact that Americans have been killing Russian speaking people in Ukraine just doesn't seem to bother anybody, because it's like hey, they are not American soldiers and stuff, they are like some "private contractors" who are not there even officially.

You see, if an American Marine shoots some Russian in the head officially and right in front of a CNN camera, then it's bad, but if some black opp mercenary does it unofficially, Russians won't mind a bit. It's kind of like if a dude is raping a woman in broad daylight in the middle of the street while yelling "hey check it out everybody, I'm like totally raping this chick right now", then that woman has the right to be kind of upset, but if it's day rape at the office, it's just business, she wanted it anyway, so who's gonna care.

new topics

top topics

<< 426  427  428    430  431  432 >>

join