It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 348
<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

asen_y2k
All the rhetoric coming in now from Russia could mean that they will intervene with peacekeepers.

They cant, and if they did they cant use the name peacekeepers.

Deployment of those types must be through the UN and must be agreed upon by the nation that will have them in country. Simply invading a country and calling the forces peacekeepers worked in E. Europe in the 50-60-70-80's, but not today.

ETA:
If it occurred today it would be more along the lines of an enemy occupying force... Like Russia in Crimea.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 4m
#Simferopol, #Crimea: bill boards with “Western Agents”, pics of those who don’t support #Putin’s actions @KRYMSOS pic.twitter.com/4aVXaH4ASF

A tactic used in Germany in the 1930's....

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 29s
One of the leaders of separatists in #Horlivka, #Donetsk region, turned out to be a local mafia boss glavcom.ua... … |PR #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

In #Sloviansk #Ukraine pro-#Kremlin + Russian special forces forces are now using civilians as human shield espreso.tv/news/2014/04/1…

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Russia has a veto at the UN, so there won't be any UN peacekeepers on the ground.

link   

Xcathdra

renden
I see exactly how .......snipped for room....war is about to jump off, know what side I'm on, so I'll see the likes of you through my sight, buddy.

Here ya go.. This way your supporters can better understand what you said since its in the only language they seem to understand.

Damn straight, I said it before, and I'll say it again, a good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

This is a simple fact of combat, while now we can sit here discussing opinions, but as soon as this hits the streets, there are no opinions, only sides.

When Nazis are burning down your city, there is no such thing as Nazi supporters or Nazi sympathizers, only Nazis, and a good Nazi, is a dead Nazi. Try to argue that.

This is the language all Nazis are soon to understand.

link   

asen_y2k

In #Sloviansk #Ukraine pro-#Kremlin + Russian special forces forces are now using civilians as human shield espreso.tv/news/2014/04/1…

Just as Putin promised during his talk to the media till he drops performance a month or so ago.

link   

Xcathdra

asen_y2k
All the rhetoric coming in now from Russia could mean that they will intervene with peacekeepers.

Deployment of those types must be through the UN and must be agreed upon by the nation that will have them in country. Simply invading a country and calling the forces peacekeepers worked in E. Europe in the 50-60-70-80's, but not today.

ETA:
If it occurred today it would be more along the lines of an enemy occupying force... Like Russia in Crimea.

From what I remember they had peacekeeping forces in Osethia prior the war with Georgia, not as a part of UN.
I am now more convince that we will see Georgia scenarion here as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

Which is why I translated your post into German so your side could understand your post.

Russia is not going to come out of this intact. Even if hostilities between Russia and other nations do not occur, the economic damage Putin has done with his actions will last for years.

The last UNSC meeting also showed a split in Russian support. The response by Belarus and by China were neutral and were not supportive of Russian actions. When Putin is faced with "allies" that are distancing themselves, it makes one wonder just how far off the trail Putin has gone.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

cosmonova

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

ETA:

From what I remember they had peacekeeping forces in Osethia prior the war with Georgia, not as a part of UN.

A Peacekeeping mission thru the UN is one thing. A nation that allows another nation in to keep the peace is something completely different and I don't think there is anyone in this thread, regardless of sides, that would agree that Ukraine would allow Russian military forces into the country under the guise of peace keeping.

What happened in Ossetia would be akin to what we are seeing in Transnistria. A breakaway Province that wants to be a part of Russia that has Russian troops on its soil under the guise of "peace keeping" operations when it is in fact defacto control.

Did Georgia or any other nations / UN accept the change in Ossetia?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 5m
#Ukrainian Su-27 over #Kramatorsk today @mikekomar |PR Post #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/NnWzM4JKwz

the photo attached shows the underside of the aircraft. It looks like the Ukrainian jets are prepped for "CAP" rather than supporting ground forces.

Speculation about Russian response -

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 5m
What Would Russian Troops Do Once They Cross the Ukrainian Border? blog.foreignpolicy.com... … |PR News #russiainvadesukraine

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

People's militia is forming in Slavyansk, acting deputy mayor said, TASS reports.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

For which side? Pro Russian or Pro Ukrainian?

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
Head of #Zaporizhzhya Oblast Council (southeastern #Ukraine) under investigation for organizing riots, -Prosecutor General @ukrpravda_news

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova

Xcathdra

asen_y2k

ETA:

A Peacekeeping mission thru the UN is one thing. A nation that allows another nation in to keep the peace is something completely different and I don't think there is anyone in this thread, regardless of sides, that would agree that Ukraine would allow Russian military forces into the country under the guise of peace keeping.

What happened in Ossetia would be akin to what we are seeing in Transnistria. A breakaway Province that wants to be a part of Russia that has Russian troops on its soil under the guise of "peace keeping" operations when it is in fact defacto control.

Did Georgia or any other nations / UN accept the change in Ossetia?

Osethia could not care less if any nation accepted the change. They are too small and just happy to be protected by Russia.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pro Russian

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Gregor Peter @L0gg0l UKRAINE'S TYMCHUK SAYS MAIN ANTI-TERROR OPERATION HAS YET TO START 7 mins ago 3 retweets |

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

cosmonova
Osethia could not care less if any nation accepted the change. They are too small and just happy to be protected by Russia.

Another example of why NATO exists and still has a purpose.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Slavansk, unknown armed men shoot up a van with two unarmed Donbass self-defense members. Driver shot 5 times in the back, passenger managed to grab the video recorder and fled. Date on the video recorder is wrong, event took place yesterday.

www.youtube.com...

Unarmed citizens of Krasnoarmeisk confront Ukrainian army which is attempting to take positions near the city, Ukrainian solder is threatening to blow them up with a hand grenade.

Oh yeah, just look at all those Russian special forces invading Ukraine...

www.youtube.com...

This is the freedom and "self defense" propaganda is brainwashing people with. Oh yeah, Blackwater mercs are only correct in killing all them pro-Russia terrorists which only happen to be the very citizens of those towns, which want to defend them selves against the criminal Kiev-Junta.

What a god damn shame, yet another civil war brought to you CIA and company.

If and when American civil war ignites, as horrid as it is, that would only be poetic justice.
edit on 15-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

#Ukraine #euromaidan A column of APCs is headed into the center of Lugansk

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ruptly ‏@Ruptly · 2m
Military begin arming themselves to the teeth near Izyum: helicopters, tanks and armored personnel carriers ow.ly... #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

@westieTX: U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants - Washington Times: t.co...

edit on 15-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join