It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 346
<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

A Su-27 (“Flanker”) fighter jet has been hit during the reported fighting at the Kramatorsk airfield, Itar-Tass reports citing anti-government activists. At least four such jets reportedly attacked the airfield seized earlier by the activists.

RT @RT_com DEVELOPING: Up to 2,000 troops, dozen tanks, fighter jet, multiple APCs & helicopters in 'counter-terror' op - report on.rt.com/1q9y34 4 mins ago 29 retweets | 1 replies

edit on 15/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Channel NewsAsia @ChannelNewsAsia "I will be brief: Ukraine is on the brink of civil war, it's frightening," said Russian PM Dmitry #Medvedev 12 mins ago 6 retweets |

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

@cnnbrk: Russian media: Pro-Russian leader in eastern Ukraine's Slaviansk says Ukrainian military has surrounded city. t.co...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

NATO can only watch.

Why? I thought they were evil imperialist war mongers who enjoy killing innocent civilians.

You too, watch and learn.

I'm not the one in need of a lesson.

Cannibals are in Syria remember? Your government allies.

No, you're thinking of Cambodia, your government's allies.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think a possible reason for the delay in Ukrainian operations, as well as a visit by the CIA head, may have revolved around making sure surveillance assets were in place to monitor what is going on prior to.

The French vessel that recently entered the Black Sea is equipped with surveillance assets. NATO has deployed surveillance aircraft to monitor what's going on. They have the ability to track military assets, military communications / civilian communications. US Naval assets are also equipped to monitor.

I am wondering if they wanted those assets in place prior to Ukraine taking action. They would be able to identify any Russian involvement / support. With the information coming from more than just 1 or 2 nations it would be more difficult for Russia to downplay any involvement that might be discovered and presented to the UN (should it go that route).

We have seen the release of communications supposedly between Pro Russian militants and their handlers inside the Russian government / military.

No evidence to confirm my theory but thought I would add it to the thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge · 1 min
RUSSIA MILITARY PLANE CRASHES IN RUSSIA'S ASTRAKHAN REGION: IFX

Russian Market‏@russian_market·16 secs
Russian military plane crashes in Astrakhan region; pilot dead

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

cosmonova
NATO can only watch.

DJW001
Why? I thought they were evil imperialist war mongers who enjoy killing innocent civilians.

If NATO cannot do anything then why are you, cosmonova, and others constantly talking about how they interfere. You guys really need to decide which story you are going to go with. Either NATO is powerless to do anything, in which case it completely undermines the argument some make about concern of NATO into E. Europe / former SSR countries. If NATO is capable, then Russia should cease its operations in Ukraine in order to prevent more former SSR's from going west because of Russian action.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

ITAR-TASS @itass_en Fighter jet shot down near Ukraine’s city of #Kramatorsk, witnesses say en.itar-tass.com/world/728011 8 mins ago 11 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

khimbar

Russian Plane...? some says It's Ukrainian

There is some unconfirmed reports of Downing the Jet ...Still no Clear Reports

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak: Reuters: many shots which seemed to be fired in warning heard from inside #Kramatorsk airfield in east #Ukraine after crowd approaches gate

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is about to go hot IMO. Asen, I pray you and your family keep safe over there. What part of Ukraine are you in?

Might want to be migrating west....or east depending on your preferences.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

SajeevJino

khimbar

Russian Plane...? some says It's Ukrainian

There is some unconfirmed reports of Downing the Jet ...Still no Clear Reports

I think they are different events

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

@obk: Automatic weapons just fired here at the airbase in Kramatorsk. Ukrainian soldiers telling the 300+ to back off

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

lightedhype
This is about to go hot IMO. Asen, I pray you and your family keep safe over there. What part of Ukraine are you in?

Might want to be migrating west....or east depending on your preferences.

Its ok, I am in the western part of Ukraine. Things are ok here till now.

link   

cosmonova
I think they are different events

That means two Shots ..

Till no Confirmation in major News Feed ..Yet to be Confirmed

link   

Xcathdra

cosmonova
So they did not want to wait for that meeting with Russia US EU.
My guess now is that Russia will let them go in the zone in bigger numbers, like a trap and then we will see Georgia all over again×2
Total destruction in a 2-3 days. Russia has warned, was ready to de- escalate the situation but no one is listening and now when they are starting to kill people god help them.

The meeting can still continue however Ukraine has a right to defend itself internally.

Maybe the pro Russians should stop their armed seizure and wait for the meetings to occur fist? Maybe Russia should hold off on responses inside Ukraine until they have the meeting.

I see exactly how that "defense" is working. Defense by sending in air strikes against the people of the town. So what is Russia invading again? I see Kievs Nazi-junta under CIA control attacking East Ukraine cities.

How would you like to have some fella defend him self by walking behind you and bashing you on the head with a baseball bat?

I'm confident you would not be surprised one bit and will find it a perfectly logical measure.

To all Eastern Ukrainians I wish strength to defend their land and hope that Russians will hunt down and exterminate all the war mongering mercenaries, and their controllers.

If WWIII is about to jump off, and if American second civil war is about to jump off, know what side I'm on, *SNIP*.

admin note: Keep the internet warrior threats against your fellow members off the site.
edit on 4-15-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

Fair enough, I'll self-censor.

If WWIII is about to jump off, and if American second civil war is about to jump off, I know what side I'm on, so I'll be looking at Nazis and Nazi sympathizers through my sights.

A good Nazi, is a dead Nazi.
edit on 15-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

@AP: BREAKING: Heavy gunfire heard at airport in eastern Ukraine after troops move against pro-Russia militia

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

renden

Xcathdra

cosmonova
So they did not want to wait for that meeting with Russia US EU.
My guess now is that Russia will let them go in the zone in bigger numbers, like a trap and then we will see Georgia all over again×2
Total destruction in a 2-3 days. Russia has warned, was ready to de- escalate the situation but no one is listening and now when they are starting to kill people god help them.

The meeting can still continue however Ukraine has a right to defend itself internally.

Maybe the pro Russians should stop their armed seizure and wait for the meetings to occur fist? Maybe Russia should hold off on responses inside Ukraine until they have the meeting.

I see exactly how that "defense" is working. Defense by sending in air strikes against the people of the town. So what is Russia invading again? I see Kievs Nazi-junta under CIA control attacking East Ukraine cities.

How would you like to have some fella defend him self by walking behind you and bashing you on the head with a baseball bat?

I'm confident you would not be surprised one bit and will find it a perfectly logical measure.

To all Eastern Ukrainians I wish strength to defend their land and hope that Russians will hunt down and exterminate all the war mongering mercenaries, and their controllers.

If WWIII is about to jump off, and if American second civil war is about to jump off, know what side I'm on, so I'll see the likes of you through my sight, buddy.

Terrible analogy. Ukraine is taking back an airport illegally seized to begin with.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak: Russian media reports 4 to 11 people have been killed at #Kramatorsk airfield in eastern #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

renden
I see exactly how .......snipped for room....war is about to jump off, know what side I'm on, so I'll see the likes of you through my sight, buddy.

Here ya go.. This way your supporters can better understand what you said since its in the only language they seem to understand.

"Ich sehe genau, wie, dass "Verteidigung" funktioniert. Defense, indem Luftangriffe gegen die Bevölkerung der Stadt. Also, was ist Russland Invasion wieder? Ich Kievs Nazi-Junta siehe unter CIA-Kontrolle Angriff Ostukraine Städten.

Wie würden Sie gerne haben einige fella ihm selbst verteidigen zu Fuß hinter sich und bashing Sie auf den Kopf mit einem Baseballschläger?

Ich bin überzeugt, Sie würden kein bisschen überrascht und finden es eine vollkommen logische Maßnahme.

An alle Ost-Ukrainern Ich wünsche Stärke, um ihr Land zu verteidigen und hoffen, dass Russen jagen und zu vernichten sämtliche Kriegstreiberei Söldner und deren Steuerungen.

Wenn WWIII ist etwa zu springen, und wenn amerikanische zweiten Bürgerkrieg ist über zu springen, wissen, welche Seite ich bin auf, so dass ich die gerne von euch durch meine Augen, mein Freund zu sehen."

I hope ALL Ukrainians are safe and that a peaceful resolution is found that works best for ALL Ukrainians. To those who feel a connection to Russia - There is nothing wrong with that and their is nothing wrong with incorporating those feelings into Ukraine provided they are done with respect to those who have no connection and don't wish to have a direct connection by force.

If we are to use history as our guide, Ukraine will survice and will emerge stronger than before.

new topics

top topics

<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join