It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 299
<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

asen_y2k

#Crimea petrol crisis: reserves spent, with no supplies within a few days #Crimea runs out of fuel. Oil traders can't prevent crisis.

Crimea is running out of various supplies. Could be the reason for the sudden uprising, Russia needs a land bridge.

oh well 'Ukrainian Reporter' is spreading more nonsense through his twitter.

I month ago this happened

'Crimean authorities took control of Ukraine's Black Sea and Sea of Azov oil and gas fields off the coast of the peninsula.

The speaker of Crimea's parliament Volodymyr Konstantinov told the Russian news agency RIA Novosti that the Russian companies including energy giant Gazprom should be involved in extracting the resources.

“These fields and platforms will pass into the ownership of the Crimean Republic,“ Konstantinov said. We are already guarding them. These are our fields and we will fight for them.”

In 2013 the company Chernomorgazneft extracted 1.65 B cubic meters gas, most of which was in the Black Sea and in the Sea of Azov. According to estimates, the total gas reserves off the Crimean coast are nearly two trillion cubic meters and the oil reserves are around 430 M tons.'

- See more at: www.novinite.com...

There is no much news ever since, wondering what is happening with this? Anyone else might have some updates.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

#Lugansk Security Service building: 51 hostages were freed from building (link tracking not allowed)/1kI3TSZ confirmed our prev. (link tracking not allowed)/POuiVK

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxtrot7x

I see you trust the Leader Obama about Afghanistan and Iraq being BETTER? than Crimea/Ukraine...

how can anyone even compare bombing campaigns, complete invasion, hundreds of thousands and even million civilians dead as a result and the "visited" country left in shatters and unrest with a PEACEFUL annexation that followed a REFERENDUM?

it almost seems like people in Iraq, Afghanistan and countless other countries didn't want to have you there, don't you think?

whatever you may say - Russians were welcomed with open hands in Crimea and probably will be again in other regions.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

@EuromaidanPR: BREAKING #Ukraine suspend inject #Russian gas, reported Minister of Energy #Prodan t.co... @korrnews | PR News
Interesting if true.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

ProfessorT

@EuromaidanPR: BREAKING #Ukraine suspend inject #Russian gas, reported Minister of Energy #Prodan t.co... @korrnews | PR News
Interesting if true.

I dont really understand what it means? Is it that Ukraine stopped pumping Russian gas further into Europe or has Russia closed the taps on Ukraine.

No gas problems here, still being supplied to my house.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Story is here.

korrespondent.net...

Via nasty Google translation stuff.

Ukrainian side does not meet the price of gas, Gazprom established on April 1.
Ukraine today ceased download Russian gas in its underground storage facilities, this Wednesday, April 9, before the meeting of the Cabinet Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Yuriy Prodan.
"We have gas today do not download. We still have time to make the appropriate download" - quoted Sold news UNIAN .
The minister also noted that the Ukrainian side does not meet the level of gas prices, which was established on April 1, Gazprom and Ukraine will hold talks with the Russian side on the return of the old one, which was in the first quarter of 2014.
Prodan said that gas supplies in March the Ukrainian side has paid the debt is more than $ 550 million.
"For the month of March we have not yet paid off," - he said.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

paraphi

strawburry
So far I feel more threatened by Saint NATO than Saint Russia.

Not if you are Ukrainian, that is. Russian speakers are a minority in Ukraine. I guess most Ukrainians are rather afraid of Russia at the moment and some hold the memories of Stalin's genocidal ambitions against Ukraine, the Crimean Tatars et al.

strawburry
I am neutral, not in Nato, in Nato's partners for peace (same as Russia is), yet, Nato is threatening to attack a NATO Partner for Peace member! Russia has NOT threatened to attack a NATO member, or European Union member. NATO HAS.

No disrespect, but you are talking rubbish here. NATO has threatened to do nothing. NATO will not defend Ukraine as they are not a member. Russia has already demonstrated that they have no scruples in invading (in all but name) a part of Ukraine.

The calculation Russia, and Putin especially, has to make is how far can he push the West before they start to turn the economic screw. The economic front will be where Putin will pay for his misbehaviour and silliness. Like the Cold War, the West is capable of playing the long game.

Regards

Do you even know where Ukraine is in relation to Russia? How about the fact that Ukraine is so close to Russia that Ukranian language is like American Southern accent to proper English? Seriously. Ukrainians ARE Russian speakers, it's just the youth that was brainwashed by all those billions of US dollars that choose to accept anti-Russian propaganda, and refuse to speak Russian.

Ukrainian to Russian is like Cockney to English.

You are obviously stuck in the mentality of "West playing the long game of Cold War." That makes your mentality an obsolete relic of the last century.

There are no American economic screws, all it is, is brute military force and usury of the financial system. If you choose to feel so proud of the corrupted to the core FED with its parasitic financial mechanism of global slavery, and are thinking of as something as American as apple pie, then by the definition of American Constitution your mentality is not that of an American, it's something entirely else.

No sir, the FED is NOT America, it never was American, if fact it was a CRIMINAL system pushed through by corrupt white collar criminal baksters, and if you choose to feel proud of that, then it's your choice, but do not try to make it looks like that is the position of the "West", and especially that of America. I will be the 1st to disagree.

NATO as a military alliance does not have an official purpose for existence since 1991, there is no Warsaw threat, all that's left is blatant, colonial aggression towards Eurasian natural resources. All there's to it. Banksters, white collar criminals of corporate America, and corrupted government are simply going after worlds remaining resources, that's it, and while doing it, they are without a second thought risking the fate of the entire world, because the fellas they want to steal all those resources from are not some other Indians they can push around, this time its the fellas with nukes.

I for one don't care about what ever politics, what is clear to me is that NATO is simply a thug used to shakedown the rest of the world, and right now US warships are getting closer and closer to Crimea.

What they are there to secure is not some democracy, they are there to secure resources.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

paraphi
reply to post by strawburry

NATO is playing the political dimension. NATO is not just a military alliance. The expansion of NATO is because many ex-Soviet nations just did not want to be part of the Russian sphere, having experienced the nastiness of it all. Membership of NATO - or the EU, for that matter - is not granted to the unwilling. The States who are prepared to be part of the Russian club are either too far away, or existing autocracies / dictatorships who would not pass question #1 of the NATO application form.

Regards

That's a lie.

List all the referendums and people from the ex Warsaw pact countries that voted to join NATO.

Yugoslavia refused to join NATO, the result; they were simply bombed to rubble and the country was cut up into chunks.

Name a single ex-Soviet republic that went out to expand its territories by bombing a country outside of its geographical area.

Take your time, and then pull up a list of countries bombed into submission by NATO.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
uhm I cannot recall, that NATO bombed Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Czechslovakia (now 2 Countries) and Slowenia into submission prior before them joining NATO... but okay, that could be just me

I have to admit, living in Europe in these days is just like standing in a bar, knowing that a barfight between 2 badass-bloaks is going to happen und hoping, that you don't get hit by the flying furniture

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Talliostro
uhm I cannot recall, that NATO bombed Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Czechslovakia (now 2 Countries) and Slowenia into submission prior before them joining NATO... but okay, that could be just me

I have to admit, living in Europe in these days is just like standing in a bar, knowing that a barfight between 2 badass-bloaks is going to happen und hoping, that you don't get hit by the flying furniture

What do you recall about how Hungary, Poland and Czechoslovakia were approached by NATO offering membership? That's after German unification and agreement of absolutely no expansion Eastward.

Bombs are needed to beat into submission only when all other offers have been refused, like Yugoslavia has refused and was torn apart by NATO, which annexed and absorbed two artificially created states of Albania and Croatia.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

yeah yeah right, that's how I remember this whole mess between Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, too (I need a rolleyes smilie
)

And I really don't think that Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria were bullied into NATO, sorry.

They joined 10 years after the german unification, which is a along time in global politics...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
New secretary in Donetsk. Looks trendy.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

ProfessorT
New secretary in Donetsk. Looks trendy.

With a Russian flag behind. Oops it is Ukrainian.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

renden

Talliostro

What do you recall about how Hungary, Poland and Czechoslovakia were approached by NATO offering membership? That's after German unification and agreement of absolutely no expansion Eastward.

Bombs are needed to beat into submission only when all other offers have been refused, like Yugoslavia has refused and was torn apart by NATO, which annexed and absorbed two artificially created states of Albania and Croatia.

You have little to no no understanding of history do you? I suggest you take the time to learn about croats and serbs. Maybe than youll understand why yugoslavia divided had nothing to do with NATO.Maybe while your at it look into how the west created yugoslavia after world war 1 from independent states and thats what lead to the breakup. NATO by the way doesnt offer membership countries must apply. Than each member has to agree for example Cyprus and Macedonia want to be members however they are being blocked by Turkey and Greece.Currently Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Georgia has wanted to join NATO however the process is slow and i have doubts they will join. There is also other requirements i dont think thyll meet. You so no understanding of history and have fabricated a poorly stitched together reality you have created.

PS you might want to read this see poland had a difficult time joining NATO there admittance was hard because a country has to meet requirements to join. Than and only than are they made an offer than they have to decide. Poland worked very hard to become a NATO member and who can blame them after being under the Russian boot for so long.

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Talliostro
reply to post by renden

yeah yeah right, that's how I remember this whole mess between Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia, too (I need a rolleyes smilie
)

And I really don't think that Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria were bullied into NATO, sorry.

They joined 10 years after the german unification, which is a along time in global politics...

It's not the point, NATO kept sending "invitations" in spite them being illegal, and just kept sighting the 10th paragraph.

Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria had no choice, because their economies were completely depended on the Warsaw block which evaporated right after collapse of USSR.

They were simply offered a deal; economic aid, access to European and US markets, and NATO military muscle. It was simple, take the deal, or deal with consequences. The ones Yugoslavia had to deal with.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

dragonridr

renden

Talliostro

You have little to no no understanding of history do you? I suggest you take the time to learn about croats and serbs. Maybe than youll understand why yugoslavia divided had nothing to do with NATO.Maybe while your at it look into how the west created yugoslavia after world war 1 from independent states and thats what lead to the breakup. NATO by the way doesnt offer membership countries must apply. Than each member has to agree for example Cyprus and Macedonia want to be members however they are being blocked by Turkey and Greece.Currently Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Georgia has wanted to join NATO however the process is slow and i have doubts they will join. There is also other requirements i dont think thyll meet. You so no understanding of history and have fabricated a poorly stitched together reality you have created.

PS you might want to read this see poland had a difficult time joining NATO there admittance was hard because a country has to meet requirements to join. Than and only than are they made an offer than they have to decide. Poland worked very hard to become a NATO member and who can blame them after being under the Russian boot for so long.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Actually Yugoslavia existed before 2 world war, as a Kingdom. Than was occupied in 2 world war and large chunk was given to croatian nazi state. Communists with Tito were makers of second Yugoslavia not west.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

dragonridr

renden

Talliostro

You have little to no no understanding of history do you? I suggest you take the time to learn about croats and serbs. Maybe than youll understand why yugoslavia divided had nothing to do with NATO.

I know more then you can possible imagine, and considering the topic, that includes yet more NAZI atrocities in WWII.

US/NATO began supporting the same extremist Muslims that committed wide scale genocide against Slavs in Yugoslavia during WWII.

en.wikipedia.org...

USA + Operation Paperclip = USNAZI. Simple as that.

When you save worlds worse killers from justice and give them a job at most secret government positions, don't be surprised when your country turns into a Nazi rat nest.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

When you save worlds worse killers from justice and give them a job at most secret government positions, don't be surprised when your country turns into a Nazi rat nest.

You mean like Stalin did? Stalin and Hitler were practically lovers.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We were sent links to these videos via the Contact ATS email address a few minutes ago. It's hard to understand the first one because it sounds like there is a radio or a TV playing audio in the background (or maybe that the orator in the video is translating what the male voice in the background is saying?)

I have no idea if these are propaganda that was designed for good or ill, I have no idea if what's being said is true or false, I bring it here because I trust our members to figure it out and get at the truth.

I find it interesting that we received two separate emails from two distinct email addresses with links to these videos within minutes of each other...

In any case here's the link to the first one: www.youtube.com...

And here's the message that was in the email:

Dear ATS staff,
I have found very interesting videos on Youtube, that show the true background of the events in Kiev, Ukraine. Here are the links: Maidan as not seen in the news – I and II (www.youtube.com..., www.youtube.com...)
As only few people know the real truth about what really happened in Kiev, I ask you to post the video on your site.
With gratitude

Here's the links to the other two: www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com...

And the message in the email:

Hello,
I would recommend these two videos: www.youtube.com... (Who became a bloody victim of EuroMaidan?) and www.youtube.com... (... and still no command)
These are the events which took place in Kiev, Ukraine. It shows who is real aggressor and who is victim – quite differently than we were shown by globalist mass media.
If possible, please publish them.
Thanks a lot

The last one has some video that doesn't look right to me, almost as if it's old stock B roll from the 1980's or 1990's, Obviously I don't know that but see for yourself and tell me what you think...

I'd appreciate the opinions of our members, especially those in the region (asen_y2k, et-al), is this hype and propaganda? Is this factual? Is it some of both?
edit on 4-9-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by renden

You mean like Stalin did? Stalin and Hitler were practically lovers.

Yeah, so much so that hitler invaded russia out of "sheer love".../sarcasm
Where do you get those sentences really? Are your handlers that daft? Remember stalin is the biggest mass murderer, but he was allied at the time so...
I dont really think bringing that kind of debate to a intelligent site is going to get you any points.

top topics

<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join