It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
edit on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:02:59 -0500024America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxtrot7x

"Oh i know lets just divide up the world between the two of them ."

well actuall a whole Generation of us older people,, have been there done that.

if u mean America on one side,, Russia on the other.

lets not go back to the roaring 50's and 60's.

we have the t-shirt as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

True, I was just being sarcastic .

p.s-do you wear them often ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxtrot7x

depends??? lol

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

#Lugansk : situation remains extremely alarming; upper floors of SBU building are mined with hostages inside and more than 500 pro-#Russians

@NewRobRoy #Lugansk: pro-#Kremlin forces in SBU building claim there are no hostages (link tracking not allowed)/1sxxhRh, locals say opposite. We check.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"Right sector" went to Donetsk, Luhansk and Kharkiv - Party spokesman Kryvoruchko

According to a member of the political council "right market" Igor Kryvoruchko, representatives of organizations are ready to exit the eastern regions of Ukraine.
"I just like Olena Bondarenko, zahvylyuvavsya by its voters in the Donbas, so I can assure you that we now leave in Luhansk, Kharkiv and Donetsk. Favorite city of Viktor Yanukovych to sleep," - said Igor Kryvoruchko the TV channel " 112 Ukraine ", the UNN.

According to him, the last two nights Soldiers "Patriot of Ukraine" reflect Odesa and Mykolaiv Regional State Administration.

"Now we have two nights there, it was Mykolaiv and Odessa. Soldiers" Patriot of Ukraine "and the Social-National Assembly completely repulsed and left under the control of the authorities of Odessa and Mykolaiv Oblast State Administration, is traveling to Donetsk, Luhansk and Kharkiv" - said Krivoruchko.

Kanal 24

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Looks like the SBU building and surrounding area is quickly becoming the site of another major protest/uprising.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

strawburry
So far I feel more threatened by Saint NATO than Saint Russia.

Not if you are Ukrainian, that is. Russian speakers are a minority in Ukraine. I guess most Ukrainians are rather afraid of Russia at the moment and some hold the memories of Stalin's genocidal ambitions against Ukraine, the Crimean Tatars et al.

strawburry
I am neutral, not in Nato, in Nato's partners for peace (same as Russia is), yet, Nato is threatening to attack a NATO Partner for Peace member! Russia has NOT threatened to attack a NATO member, or European Union member. NATO HAS.

No disrespect, but you are talking rubbish here. NATO has threatened to do nothing. NATO will not defend Ukraine as they are not a member. Russia has already demonstrated that they have no scruples in invading (in all but name) a part of Ukraine.

The calculation Russia, and Putin especially, has to make is how far can he push the West before they start to turn the economic screw. The economic front will be where Putin will pay for his misbehaviour and silliness. Like the Cold War, the West is capable of playing the long game.

Regards

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This may explain something about the previous report of Russia asking the protestors to open corridor:

Middle East News @MiddleEast_BRK Very worrying report says, #Russia starts direct line of (arms) supplies to pro Russian rebels in close to border towns in #Ukraine. 11 mins ago 7 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

paraphi

strawburry
So far I feel more threatened by Saint NATO than Saint Russia.

Not if you are Ukrainian, that is. Russian speakers are a minority in Ukraine. I guess most Ukrainians are rather afraid of Russia at the moment and some hold the memories of Stalin's genocidal ambitions against Ukraine, the Crimean Tatars et al.

strawburry
I am neutral, not in Nato, in Nato's partners for peace (same as Russia is), yet, Nato is threatening to attack a NATO Partner for Peace member! Russia has NOT threatened to attack a NATO member, or European Union member. NATO HAS.

No disrespect, but you are talking rubbish here. NATO has threatened to do nothing. NATO will not defend Ukraine as they are not a member. Russia has already demonstrated that they have no scruples in invading (in all but name) a part of Ukraine.

The calculation Russia, and Putin especially, has to make is how far can he push the West before they start to turn the economic screw. The economic front will be where Putin will pay for his misbehaviour and silliness. Like the Cold War, the West is capable of playing the long game.

Regards

So if NATO is not threatening anybody, why are they doing a lot of huff and puffing in the news if it is nothing to do with them then?

Russia is a NATO partner for peace. Same as a lot of neutral and also non-neutral countries in Europe and around Europe. NATO is also pushing fear mongering to get more of European countries to FUND more of the NATO MILITARY and convert NATO partner for peace members into FULL NATO members, which would not be compatible with the neutral countries in the partners for peace program. I see a lot of manouvering by NATO, and talk by NATO and DEMANDS for more funding by NATO.

They are seizing the oppertunity to expand, grow and fund themselves against what, the enemies in the NATO Partners for Peace program.

edit on 8-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

holodomor,, i bielive is what u are refering too.

Stalin was a Georian,, u know like Sachasvile the tie eater.

Krushchev the shoe pounder at the U.N,, was Ukranian,,

PM Putin is
Russian.

yes there is a enourmouse difference.

Me.

The Holodomor (Ukrainian: Голодомор, "Extermination by hunger" or "Hunger-extermination"; derived from 'Морити голодом', "Killing by Starvation")

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

USS Donald Cook enters Black Sea as support for E.Europe concerned about #Russia 's troops along border with #Ukraine cnn.it/1lOxYUX

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by strawburry

NATO is playing the political dimension. NATO is not just a military alliance. The expansion of NATO is because many ex-Soviet nations just did not want to be part of the Russian sphere, having experienced the nastiness of it all. Membership of NATO - or the EU, for that matter - is not granted to the unwilling. The States who are prepared to be part of the Russian club are either too far away, or existing autocracies / dictatorships who would not pass question #1 of the NATO application form.

Regards

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

First of all. EU and the US have to much debt to tighten anything. They can not play the maney card any more: That Train is gone.

It is probably so bad that NATO might not be able to help anyone. NATO is just a name; it can not do anything but barck big Words. As long as Russia is stationed in Ukraina. NATO can not do anything. Period, unless NATO members want the mother of all WARs.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

and once again i have too ask,,,

What part of the NORTH ATLANTIC,, is the Black Sea?

oh and Prez Clinton,, not actually a Rhodes Scholar.

edit on 4/8/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

#Crimea petrol crisis: reserves spent, with no supplies within a few days #Crimea runs out of fuel. Oil traders can't prevent crisis.

Crimea is running out of various supplies. Could be the reason for the sudden uprising, Russia needs a land bridge.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

spy66
reply to post by paraphi

First of all. EU and the US have to much debt to tighten anything. They can not play the maney card any more: That Train is gone.

It is probably so bad that NATO might not be able to help anyone. NATO is just a name; it can not do anything but barck big Words. As long as Russia is stationed in Ukraina. NATO can not do anything. Period, unless NATO members want the mother of all WARs.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

Well i guess you better tell Nato because they are providing assistance to Ukraine and sending people next week to help determine whats going to be needed. Also sending military advisors for training meaning the be spec ops in Ukraine. So i guess Nato needs you to tell them there to broke to help because they didnt get the memo.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Reports of imminent #Russian invasion of eastern #Ukraine may be premature. We've been checking sources for hours and there is no consensus.

#Ukrainian forces have been suppressing cell phone communication near separatist held building in #Donestk and removing video feeds

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Yes. Crimea is worthless without a line of communication. This is where the war begins.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It looks like even forbes has picked up on this new imminent invasion, but how many times have we heard this before?

The well-known Ukrainian military analyst, Dmitry Tymchuk, warns that the invasion of East Ukraine by Russian troops is imminent and could take place within 24 hours. Tymchuk heads the Center of Military and Political Research in Kiev, which he founded. His warning was posted in the Kyiv Post, which notes that it has not verified his findings. (How could they?)

www.forbes.com... s/

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join