It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow... my posts were erased.

#e..have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 2m

pro-#Kremlin separatists who seized govt building in #Donetsk #Ukraine believe that they will be stormed in 1 hour. We can't confirm this.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

@EuromaidanPR: RU agents with local separatists are blocking movements of #Ukrainian army at the #Donetsk oblast @novostidnua | PR News

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

ProfessorT

@EuromaidanPR: RU agents with local separatists are blocking movements of #Ukrainian army at the #Donetsk oblast @novostidnua | PR News

I still cringe at this EUROmaidanPR thing , nothing EURO about them but plenty of PR about them.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

ProfessorT

I don't get it, considering the resolution capabilities of modern sat gear, how come open field ID is still on the level of probable?

It has been sub-meter res for decades now, It's either confirmed, or not. There is no probable.

Pic dated March 22nd, what are the coords?

Simple questions.

edit on 10-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
double post
edit on 10-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

From what I have seen the US military is refusing to provide specific satellite information to Ukraine because of the former ties between Ukraine and Russian military. There was also the stated concern of the Ukrainian military being infiltrated by members who are loyal to Russia.

It apparently was a political decision and not a military one.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by renden

From what I have seen the US military is refusing to provide specific satellite information to Ukraine because of the former ties between Ukraine and Russian military. There was also the stated concern of the Ukrainian military being infiltrated by members who are loyal to Russia.

It apparently was a political decision and not a military one.

maybe US military is afraid that Ukrainian Special Forces would annihilate Russian troops and thus crush the backbone of the Russian aggressor if they provide them with "specific satellite information".

that would make Ukrainian army glorious while USA would be remembered only as "a country which helped Ukraine to defeat bloodthirsty Russians by providing "specific satellite information."

makes sense.
that is why I also doubt US military is providing Ukrainian military with any "specific satellite information".

They would dismember the Reds!

edit on 10-4-2014 by demus because: voting on mind change

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

demus
maybe US military is afraid that Ukrainian Special Forces would annihilate Russian troops and thus crush the backbone of the Russian aggressor if they provide them with "specific satellite information".

If Russian forces are not inside Ukraine what would be the point?

demus
that would make Ukrainian army glorious while USA would be remembered only as "a country which helped Ukraine to defeat bloodthirsty Russians by providing "specific satellite information."

A good question to ask the US government.

demus
makes sense.
that is why I also doubt US military is providing Ukrainian military with any "specific satellite information".

As stated they are refusing because of political concerns.

demus
They would dismember the Reds!

edit on 10-4-2014 by demus because: voting on mind change

ok

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I was thinking more in the terms of Ukrainian surprise counter attack based on US military intelligence that would make Russians flee in terror.
Didn't mention there are Russians in Ukraine.

Didn't have to - there are millions of Russians in Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Right. All it took to invade Iraq is for Powel to waive around a vile with white powder, yet here if a single sat pic that showed Russian troops amassing for an attack even existed, entire White House cabinet would take turns screaming their heads off from a UN podium demanding a world wide coalition to put troops on the ground to protect Ukraine from the evil commie-nazi-antichrist menace, yet guess what, not a single pic.

Laughable.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
edit on Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:02:01 -05000211America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Anyone reckon the Donetsk administration building will get taken back?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is not from today, but a few days ago, but thought it was worth sharing:

Pro-Russian demonstrators in eastern Ukraine mistook a theater for the city hall and stormed the wrong building, a local journalist said, citing the case as evidence that the protesters were not local.

Protesters who took over Kharkiv City Hall over the weekend first broke into the town's opera and ballet theater, but left upon finding a concert hall inside, journalist Vyacheslav Mavrichev said on his Facebook page.

Ukraine's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has accused the Kremlin of orchestrating "separatist unrest" in Kharkiv and eastern cities Donetsk and Lugansk, while officials say that many pro-Russia protesters in east Ukraine may in fact be Russian.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

If it is true, then I find it very hard to believe the protesters were actually locals. It has also been pointed out in several cases, whether Kharkiv or Donetsk, that the accents of many protesters are not local. Russian accent, just as English in US, can vary a lot depending on area and it is often quite easy to say which area someone comes from.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

You have to understand the movement has grown to the point where inter city networks have formed to effectively co ordinate against national forces. More often than not they seem divided between fringe ex-ministerial parties and Chechyn separatist veterans who are going at it on the front lines.

Just saying it would not surprise me a lot of plan clothes intelligence units will be using the chaos of strife to conduct shadow warfare, thats pretty much a given on both sides. But it may go in some way to explain why in a lot of the key confrontations there may appear to be people not necessarily local to that area. Though some fringe elements may have access to better intelligence and operate efficient briefings, who knows.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

renden
Right. All it took to invade Iraq is for Powel to waive around a vile with white powder, yet here if a single sat pic that showed Russian troops amassing for an attack even existed, entire White House cabinet would take turns screaming their heads off from a UN podium demanding a world wide coalition to put troops on the ground to protect Ukraine from the evil commie-nazi-antichrist menace, yet guess what, not a single pic.

Laughable.

God im glad your not in charge you dont put together anything for Russia having troops in its border. You monitor the situation and make plans to deal with an incursion.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Cabin
This is not from today, but a few days ago, but thought it was worth sharing:

Pro-Russian demonstrators in eastern Ukraine mistook a theater for the city hall and stormed the wrong building, a local journalist said, citing the case as evidence that the protesters were not local.

Protesters who took over Kharkiv City Hall over the weekend first broke into the town's opera and ballet theater, but left upon finding a concert hall inside, journalist Vyacheslav Mavrichev said on his Facebook page.

Ukraine's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has accused the Kremlin of orchestrating "separatist unrest" in Kharkiv and eastern cities Donetsk and Lugansk, while officials say that many pro-Russia protesters in east Ukraine may in fact be Russian.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

If it is true, then I find it very hard to believe the protesters were actually locals. It has also been pointed out in several cases, whether Kharkiv or Donetsk, that the accents of many protesters are not local. Russian accent, just as English in US, can vary a lot depending on area and it is often quite easy to say which area someone comes from.

Ok if that doesnt tell you they are Russians sent to cause trouble locals would know that was a theater. Id say that absolute proof Putin is sending in provocateurs just like Kiev claims.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Thus, the invasion actually has already begun. It's not you're typical invasion, but Russians have indeed infiltrated Ukraine IMO, and I'm not talking "pro-Russian" Ukrainians. Remember the unidentified "masked men" in Crimea?

I think the troops at the border are just in case things get really out of hand, and possibly for a plan B scenario. I think Putin's plan is to have referendums for annexation without any "official" Russian military involvement. This is the best case scenario for Russia IMO. I'm not so sure it's working so well so far. We will see how it plays out.
edit on 10-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Im not so sure... Moscow has made statement towards Ukraine, warning them about using any force in those cities/regions to stop the pro Russian protesters.

It seems like a baited incident. Create discontent, seize some buildings and then attack Ukrainian forces, forcing them to respond with force, at which point Russia will claim ethnic Russians are being killed for doing nothing and send in their troops.

Pravda - Ukraine's pro-Russian east stands firm, throwing eggs at officials

Pro-Russian actions in eastern regions of Ukraine continue. In Lugansk, the activists that seized the building of the Security Service, are waiting for the moment when the police start to storm the building. In Donetsk, where separatists hold a regional administration, authorities hope to reach a consensus with the protesters on Thursday. In Kharkov, protesters left the building of the regional administration; restoration works were started in the building to put everything in order.

Acting President Alexander Turchinov promised not to prosecute protesters in the south-east of Ukraine, if they lay down their weapons and leave administrative buildings.

The people, protesting against the sitting government of Ukraine, seized the building of the Security Bureau of Ukraine in Lugansk on April 6th. They knocked doors out, smashed windows and hoisted the flag of the Russian Federation. The activists declared their requirements: federalization, amnesty for fighters of Berkut special unit, as well as amnesty for arrested pro-Russian activists.

This is also the first time I have seen Russia use these terms in reference to Ukraine -

In yet another breakaway Ukrainian city of Odessa....

Breakaway city.... breakaway provinces...

Code words to start the show maybe?

To add to the Palace Intrigue -
Russian Lawmakers Demand Criminal Case Against Gorbachev Over Soviet Union Collapse

MOSCOW, April 10 (RIA Novosti) – Members of Russia’s lower house of parliament have filed a request with the prosecutor general demanding the breakup of the Soviet Union be declared illegal and those responsible be prosecuted, including former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, Russian media reported Thursday.

According to the Izvestia newspaper, the request, filed by members of several parties, says that in a 1991 referendum Soviet citizens voted to maintain the state’s territorial integrity, but the country’s leaders then committed illegal acts that led to the collapse.

In November 1991, a criminal proceeding was launched against Gorbachev, but the charges were dropped on the next day.

I think Gorbachev may have offered his support to Putin to early reference Crimea.

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join