It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Try it now and be sure to refresh, as it is working for me.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

asen_y2k
A US satelite pic of Russian military on the border.

Pic
edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

That's the latest date 2nd April, can't go by that.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

asen_y2k

SubTruth
reply to post by asen_y2k

Not working technical issues it says.

Its working for me(ipad)

Main tweet with the link here

Now video says private? It did work for a few minutes for me.Thanks and I wish I could understand what was being said.
edit on 7-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

#Ukraine #euromaidan In Nikolaev, Praviy Sektor fighters attacked a tent city put up by anti-maidan protestors.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Rock Solid Politics ‏@BradCabana 1m Weapons taken from separatists in Mykolayiv. Seems they have been repelled #Ukraine nikvesti.com... … … pic.twitter.com/Q8oikS9P9w #cdnpoli

edit on 7-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, it looks like there is some resistance going on, not quite how it was in Crimea.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I wonder if Russia will just leave it at Crimea and call it a day or continue land grabbing via protest. Local governments need to step up and get people organized if the federal level is falling apart. Grass roots might be the only way they can fight back.

The federal government needs to find it's feet and find them fast people are looking for a strong voice to carry the nation. And that voice must not come from the outside.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Greystone is in play;

"The Russian Foreign Ministry is concerned that the east of Ukraine tightened additional forces of the Ukrainian army, in their composition has Greystone organization members from the U.S. and the militants "right sector," says the appeal of the Ministry on Facebook.

Of particular concern is the fact that this operation is connected about 150 American experts from the private military organization" Greystone ", disguised as soldiers unit" Falcon "," - said in a statement."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Nothing on English sources about this yet.

If Americans are caught in Eastern Ukraine, private mercenary or whatever, that'll be enough for Russians to start their own sanctions.

All they have to do is sign a few agreements with China.
edit on 7-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

Maybe the US and Russia should just let the good people of the Ukraine figure this out. What do you think good idea? Russia could pull out of the Crimea and the UN could set up new elections and send in peace keepers.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I don't believe any of these recent "protests" are grass roots. The timing is impeccable, it's exactly how Crimea started. Reports of Russians coming to Ukraine to support "separatists" have already happened. I believe it's been going since this all started. I have little doubt Russia will continue to try and get referendums in these regions and if it gets violent, they will have an excuse to bring in military hardware. They haven't had 40k+ troops sitting at the border for several weeks just for simple "training exercises".

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think maybe you read into what I was saying wrong. I am talking about grass root militias forming because the federal government is falling apart and cannot protect the home land.

I am not sure what the gun laws are like over there but this is why the right to own guns is so fundamental.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Wookiep

I think maybe you read into what I was saying wrong. I am calling about grass root militias forming because the federal government is falling apart and cannot protect the home land.

Ah, my bad. You may be right, I don't know if there is enough time to organize something like that but who knows.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The word can spread fast from neighbor to neighbor. Local government need to organize and protect people in shelters and rally the young into action. The federal needs to step up and start forming neighbor hood brigades run by the local governments.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Wookiep

I wonder if Russia will just leave it at Crimea and call it a day or continue land grabbing via protest. Local governments need to step up and get people organized if the federal level is falling apart. Grass roots might be the only way they can fight back.

The federal government needs to find it's feet and find them fast people are looking for a strong voice to carry the nation. And that voice must not come from the outside.

Really? Who are all these people then?

www.youtube.com...

All those people calling for referendum and "No to Fascism"? That is as grass roots as it gets, while the so called "Federal government" are murdering Nazis. What is better yet, it's a fact, Right Sector Nazis have been executing people on the streets, but hey, as long as they are anti-Russian they could be cutting open pregnant woman and skinning children alive, they'll be all democratic and freedom loving protesters.

This is literally a fight against the Nazis and the Fourth Reich, but to some people it's still some sort of "land grab" by evil Russians.

Wake the hell up.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No really, are you guys really like Neo-Nazis? I just can't seem to get it, if ATS is about neo-nazi extremists then yes, I have made a mistake.
edit on 7-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

OK then.......I think I am still for the people of Ukraine figuring this out. If they want a crazy government is still after all there government. Like I said before they need a voice of leadership to come from inside not out.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Video of Pro-Russian tent camp being dispersed.

The DOOMMM!!! Club ‏@12nb34 1m
#Ukraine. Clashes spread to #Nikolaev.
#Maidan destroys pro-Russian tent camp youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Revo ‏@arbolioto 52s BREAKING. #Kiev-Maidan tanks seen on their way to Eastern #Ukraine to quash independence rebellion.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

UA News ‏@fast_ua 1m
#Ukraine: Pro-Russian Protestors Seize Buildings After Ukrainian Officer Killed by ... - TIME dlvr.it...

Twitter exploding all of a sudden..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Looks like the people of Ukraine our finding there collective feet. You can only push people so far..............I think Putin might have bit off a little more then he was expecting.

Thanks for the video the gunfire at the start sounded very close.

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join