It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

@myroslavapetsa: Alpha, #Ukraine's Intelligence Service (SBU) special unit, regains control of SBU office in #Donetsk - dep head of Nat Sec Council Syumar

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I suppose it remains to be seen what happens in Southern Ukraine. Those local government buildings were seized in the South by pro-Russian activist separatists, not Russian forces. I can see Putin having the need and ability to be able intervene to protect ordinary Russians in the area if needed. He probably could do without autonomous groups trying to up the ante. It's really up to Ukraine to talk to the activlsts first, and ensuring that all the people living in the Ukraine are secure, and not have senior ministers taking about 'nuking Russia, far to arrogant.
edit on 7-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

#Ukraine #euromaidan Four Ukr army busloads have arrived at Donetsk parliament buildings

Checking info from chatter: 500 pro-#Kremlin activists from Sumy #Ukraine are heading to #Donetsk where their arrival is being coordinated.

#Donetsk : building of Security Service of #Ukraine was released from pro-#kremlin forces

edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

asen_y2k

#Ukraine #euromaidan Four Ukr army busloads have arrived at Donetsk parliament buildings
Is it me or do the Ukrainian Army have a touch of French in them? I bet they've stuck two reverse gears to those buses!

I'm sure Russia said earlier today that if Ukraine sent the army in they would get involved.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

smurfy
I suppose it remains to be seen what happens in Southern Ukraine. Those local government buildings were seized in the South by pro-Russian activist separatists, not Russian forces.

Potato/Potato.

No doubt if I had the foresight to predict a possible incursion into East Ukraine anyone can. I have yet to see any real deterrent or cohesion from NATO countries aside from posturing. Russia has a lot to lose by seceding influence of Ukraine to the west. Although I would have assumed Russia woulda already have made a move, I suppose it's not over until the fat lady sings. If these "protesters" gain traction it's almost guaranteed Russia will invade the east, IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

Is it me or do the Ukrainian Army have a touch of French in them? I bet they've stuck two reverse gears to those buses!

I'm sure Russia said earlier today that if Ukraine sent the army in they would get involved.

Yes its like news repeating))

But they did clear the SBU building in Donetsk, no more info on casualties etc.
Here is an image during the 'liberation' of the building

And:

Myroslava Petsa @myroslavapetsa #Avakov: Special law enforcement units from other regions arrived in the 3 regions of the Eastern #Ukraine 2 mins ago 9 retweets |

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

and not have senior ministers taking about 'nuking Russia, far to arrogant.

Agreed. Russian talk show hosts who apparently have direct ties with Putin should also not make such statements against the U.S.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
BREAKING on Fox News (cable) moments ago... White House threatens Russia, warns of new Sanctions to be imposed if they enter eastern Ukraine.

Not a joke.
edit on 7-4-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

ausername
BREAKING on Fox News (cable) moments ago... White House threatens Russia, warns of new Sanctions to be imposed if they enter eastern Ukraine.

Not a joke.

Its like a sugar coated cake in the shape of 'welcome to eastern Ukraine' on a plate of gold.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ukrainian special forces start action in Kharkiv:

#Kharkov right now : mess, gunshots, explosions on square near RSA and usage of water cannons by #Ukraine special forces

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

asen_y2k

#Kharkov right now : mess, gunshots, explosions on square near RSA and usage of water cannons by #Ukraine special forces

Here is a live stream for Kharkov.

Ustream in Kharkov

link   

asen_y2k

I know i shouldn't really say this .. but I'm proud of them.

link   

ausername

Not a joke.

Yeah they've been saying that for a while and I don't think Russia gives a #..

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Wookiep

ausername

Not a joke.

Yeah they've been saying that for a while and I don't think Russia gives a #..

Yeah, I am sure this will have a very strong deterrent effect on Russia.

You can almost hear them laughing in the Kremlin now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

#Donetsk : anti-terrorist operation started

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

#Donetsk, Security Service of #Ukraine building right now: security forces are being are rearranged, and unloading their trucks

Sorry made two posts, wanted to edit previous post to add this.

Rock Solid Politics @BradCabana Fires burning in front of administration building Kharkov.Shots or explosions. Riot police trying to advance through peeps #cdnpoli #Ukraine 3 mins ago 4 retweets |

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR #Kharkiv: separatists burning tires & trying to throw them inside of RSA building. Police trying to prevent it -@Hromadske |PR Post #Ukraine 5 mins ago 8 retweets | 1 replies

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR SOS! Kharkiv RSA now: flash grenades are used, explosions heard. There’re victims. -@Hromadske |PR Post #Ukraine 19 mins ago 27 retweets | 2 replies

Note:There are victims, just what Russia warned against.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow. I take back my previous post. Ukraine's Special Forces don't muck about. I just hope no-one gets injured. The picture below apparently shows a fire wherever they are.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

ProfessorT
Wow. I take back my previous post. Ukraine's Special Forces don't muck about. I just hope no-one gets injured. The picture below apparently shows a fire wherever they are.

Too late, see my previous post, victims already reported. And just a few mins back Russia warned against it!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Bet that fire is from their fancy tire barricade.
If so, it will be burning quite a while.
edit on 7-4-2014 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

PutAQuarterIn
reply to post by ProfessorT

Bet that fire is from their fancy tire barricade.
Oh, indeed!

Are there any updates on who the victims are? I'm trying to scan through Twitter. There are a lot of reports about gunshots, grenades, flashbangs and a large fire. Russia's pretext has just been met by Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join