It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

#Russian TV is reporting that #Mariupol #Ukraine is now control by pro-#Russia people and is new capital of #Donetsk region

Goal of #Donetsk operation appears to be to hold ground for 2-3 days so that #Russia can invade mainland #Ukraine

This is getting bigger and bigger, looks like Putins annexation plan is in progress.
edit on 6/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I think there are more giveaways about just how involved Russia is in organising these protests. There is one picture circulating on Twitter showing a male dressed in a suit seemingly joining in with the cheering crowd that is probably below him. Alongside him is a man in a balaclava and they are both on top of the regional building in Donetsk. Who goes to a protest wearing a suit? Secondly another picture has appeared showing about 50 tyres in a pile outside a building occupied by pro-Russian people. Where have they got these tyres from? There are also women sitting on the perimeter. This is exactly what was happening in Crimea.
edit on 6-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

your proofs of Russia organizing protests:

male dressed in a suit (because only in Russian Federation they wear suits)

man in a balaclava alongside him (because only in Russian Federation you can get balaclava and you can leave the country with it only if you are a citizen of Russian Federation)

about 50 tires in a pile (because only Russian Federation has means to gather 50 tires in a pile)

because there are also women sitting on the perimeter

no doubt - Russia!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

News on twitter is somewhere between propaganda and truth. For what it is worth.

The Russians have been very calculating, and tactical in every move they have made, both overt and covert. I believe their intent is to breakdown western influence from within Ukraine, and gain strong pro-Russian support over time. As the pro-western groups and government become more isolated and desperate, the possibility of an attack against Russian assets becomes more likely.

If there is any Russian invasion and/or assault on Ukraine it will only follow a clear military provocation by Ukraine. They will have to fire first.

It's tactical brilliance at work here.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I think there are more giveaways about just how involved Russia is in organising these protests. There is one picture circulating on Twitter showing a male dressed in a suit seemingly joining in with the cheering crowd that is probably below him. Alongside him is a man in a balaclava and they are both on top of the regional building in Donetsk. Who goes to a protest wearing a suit? Secondly another picture has appeared showing about 50 tyres in a pile outside a building occupied by pro-Russian people. Where have they got these tyres from? There are also women sitting on the perimeter. This is exactly what was happening in Crimea.

The tire tactic was used in the government overthrow in Kiev by protesters. Was useful to barricade the police. You know things are getting bad if they light it in fire.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

What do you think will happen if the protestors who took over the building is attacked byUkrainian special forces?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

pro-#Kremlin convoys are leaving #Crimea for #Donetsk with people and supplies

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Depends entirely on the outcome of the attack.

Impossible to speculate beyond that unknown.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

PutAQuarterIn

ProfessorT

The tire tactic was used in the government overthrow in Kiev by protesters. Was useful to barricade the police. You know things are getting bad if they light it in fire.
Yeah but it makes you wonder just how pre-planned this all was. Those tyres for example, they must have been brought in from somewhere and made readily available. It's the little things that give away planning. These are virtually identical protests to those in Crimea before 'Crimean Self Defence' forces took over. What's the odds on the same happening within the next few days if Ukraine can't get a handle on the situation?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

2015 GMT: In a worrying echo of events in Crimea, a popular pro-Russian twitter account is claiming that preparations are under way to take control of the airport in Donetsk:

Interpreter mag

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

#Russian coordinator: Ukrainian An-24 plane has left #Kiev #Ukraine with special forces

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

asen_y2k

2015 GMT: In a worrying echo of events in Crimea, a popular pro-Russian twitter account is claiming that preparations are under way to take control of the airport in Donetsk:

Interpreter mag
According to that pro-Russian Twitter account there is something going on right now in Kherson. I couldn't translate the whole thing but it said words to the effect of storming a building in Kherson according to Bing's translator. Could you assist Asen?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

Interpreter mag
According to that pro-Russian Twitter account there is something going on right now in Kherson. I couldn't translate the whole thing but it said words to the effect of storming a building in Kherson according to Bing's translator. Could you assist Asen?
Another Tweet from that account suggests they are going to storm the regional administration building in Kherson now and are asking for more support.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

There are hundreds of tyres spread around my city, mostly from auto repair shops. Theres a huge option to buy them anywhere here. I could go out and return with a bunch of them at any time I want. The tyres aren't a big deal))

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Yes i reported it already, the local administration has been stormed by pro Russians and taken over, the 3rd government building in E. Ukraine.

Sorry you said Kherson, my fault. As far as I know a convoy left Crimea carrying men and supplies, allegedly for Donetsk. They may pass thru Kherson.

Could you please put up the tweet here, cant seem to find it, will gladly translate.
edit on 6/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ausername

Depends entirely on the outcome of the attack.

Impossible to speculate beyond that unknown.

But Russian officials keep saying they will step in to defend Russian speakers if attacked in the East. Sounds like the revolutionaries are falling into a Putin mouse trap if they deploy special forces against Russians

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't expect all this when I logged in. Thanks for the updates asen_y2k, without you I wouldn't know even half of what is happening right now. Aside from one small article on CNN about a Russian flag being raised over 1 Ukrainian city, all I keep hearing about is that FREAKING PLANE!! Very frustrating and weird.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You will be surprised, Ukrainian TV is also not covering this.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

@MarkSleboda1: Kherson Regional Administration bldg being stormed by the people as we speak
Lots of Tweets coming in now. Seems like that pro-Russian Twitter is one to follow as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

That is... so strange. It's actually eerie. I can't figure why they would black this out even in Ukraine?? They better not be talking about the missing plane there as well.. Sometimes I wonder if that plane story was made up just to be one HUGE distraction.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

Welcome to the USA...our media only reports what they've been told to report.

Stay safe Asen...and thanks for your dedication to getting the real news to us.

Des

edit on 6-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join