It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Ukrainian Updates #Russian national/separatist ringleader arrested at #Luhansk border crossing.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

asen_y2k
In the posts the talks are about decentralization, what Putin wants is federalization with each federation have huge powers of its own which the Ukrainian government does not want.

Call it what you want but having control at a more local level sure seems better to me than having laws set in Brussels being forced down the neck of everyone.

The new Ukrainian government is only legitimate because the USA told everyone to make it so but I think the jury is still out on that one and that includes half the people in the Ukraine that helped to bring in this so called new government.

Sides need to back off and just let the people vote and then both sides need to help enforce the decision of the people instead of calling foul on the vote if the swing goes well over 50% and the USA should send the gold back that it took from the Ukraine for "Safe Keeping" too.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

In the posts the talks are about decentralization, what Putin wants is federalization with each federation have huge powers of its own which the Ukrainian government does not want.

Wrong. Putin wants to personally appoint the governor of each oblast.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

Call it what you want but having control at a more local level sure seems better to me than having laws set in Brussels being forced down the neck of everyone.

You would prefer to choke on laws forced down your throat from Moscow.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Natalia Melnychuk #Kharkiv, call for the full mobilization of Ukrainian activists at central sq at 6PM to repel separatists. #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by asen_y2k

Wrong. Putin wants to personally appoint the governor of each oblast.

since you mentioned so many times what "Putin wants", my only conclusion is that two of you are very close.

almost like you can read his mind.

maybe even too close if you know what I mean.
edit on 7-4-2014 by demus because: outcasting cloaked misfits

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

#Ukraine #euromaidan Claims that weapons are being unloaded from a plane at Donetsk airport

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

since you mentioned so many times what "Putin wants", my only conclusion is that two of you are very close.

I was not the one to bring it up. I was merely pointing out that governors in the Russian Federation are appointed, not elected, therefore Russian "federalism" is, in fact, centralized control. As for your innuendo that Putin and I have a homosexual relationship, I am in no way offended by it. In fact, Putin's homophobia is one of many "tells" that he is a closet homosexual.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Preparations underway by separatists to take over the Odessa regional administration building and security agency building.

security forces allegedly preparing an assault their camp and because, they say, need all night to get together and discuss the situation. "At the same fighters squads sent a message to be on full alert. In case of provocations, "- says one of the vigilantes Oleg. According to him, preparing for military actions conducted for a long time, but he was confident that they will act on the 9th. So, to 10th in the 70-year anniversary of the liberation of Odessa fully liberate the city from state officials. According to its supporters and those who sponsored it is very symbolic. And here's Rapid Reaction Brigade (according to our information, consists almost entirely of citizens of the Russian Federation) on the aims of the evening the Chamber says bluntly: "I really hope that radical men repeated the feat the east and grab eg RSA will burn or SBU . It's time to act, "- writes the nickname accomplices coordinator Paul Tkachenko.

segodnya.ua
edi t on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

DJW001

I was not the one to bring it up. I was merely pointing out that governors in the Russian Federation are appointed, not elected, therefore Russian "federalism" is, in fact, centralized control.

And this is different to Barroso, Van Rumpoy et al in the EU exactly?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ukrainian air force patrol over the skies of Donetsk(pic)

Middle East News @MiddleEast_BRK #BreakingNews #Ukraine deploys SU-27 fighter jets to the skies over #Donetsk as "show of force".

edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

khimbar

DJW001

I was not the one to bring it up. I was merely pointing out that governors in the Russian Federation are appointed, not elected, therefore Russian "federalism" is, in fact, centralized control.

They were elected by a body that itself was elected. It is called "parliamentary government." When Putin appoints a governor, it is done without the consent of the governed.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by demus

I was not the one to bring it up. I was merely pointing out that governors in the Russian Federation are appointed, not elected, therefore Russian "federalism" is, in fact, centralized control. As for your innuendo that Putin and I have a homosexual relationship, I am in no way offended by it. In fact, Putin's homophobia is one of many "tells" that he is a closet homosexual.

I am glad to hear that because my intention was not to offend you.

as for the governors, please stop painting our world black and white:

President Vladimir Putin signed a law on Tuesday letting him pick candidates to lead Russia's regions if local lawmakers scrap popular polls, in what critics called a setback for democracy in the Russian leader's new term. The law allows each of the country's 83 regions to repeal direct elections of governors, introduced just last year in a concession during a wave of protests by Russians fed up with Putin's dominance and demanding a stronger political voice. Putin has said the law is needed to protect the rights of minorities in ethnically mixed regions such as the mostly Muslim provinces of the insurgency-plagued North Caucasus.

edit on 7-4-2014 by demus because: printing heavenly reports

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey asen_y2k, just singed up for ats to say thanks for very nice updates

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

DJW001

khimbar

DJW001

They were elected by a body that itself was elected. It is called "parliamentary government." When Putin appoints a governor, it is done without the consent of the governed.

Was Putin elected?

Then it's exactly the same.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

now 200 Special armed Forces VEGA are heading to #Kharkov from #Ivano-Frankivsk and Commander of National Guard #Poltorak

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Sevon
Hey asen_y2k, just singed up for ats to say thanks for very nice updates

No probs at all, will keep doing my best to provide update to ATS) but going to take a small break now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

khimbar

DJW001

khimbar

DJW001

Was Putin elected?

Then it's exactly the same.

Is there more than one viable party in Russia? If there is not, it is not exactly the same.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

#Russia #Duma : #Moscow would intervene #Donetsk with 'military aid' if #Kiev enters troops

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

#Ukraine #euromaidan There is a claim that special forces Alpha from wets Ukr city Ternopil has deployed snipers on roofs in Donetsk

#Ukraine #euromaidan In Kharkiv the riot police have gone over to the side of the revolution.

edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join