It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by ausername

What do you think will happen if the protestors who took over the building is attacked byUkrainian special forces?

more protests would follow and turn more violent.

Russia would react when situation is already out of control for Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

@NOVARUSSIA2014: #Сообщают В Донецке и Луганске блок-посты на данный момент контролируются восставшим против киевской хунты народом.
Roadblocks in Donetsk and Lugansk by 'rebels' - AKA pro-Russian's.

@Igmayorov: Tymoshenko asks Avakov to order the use of weapons against the rebels in the South-East. Turchinov not yet signed.

edit on 6-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ProfessorT

PutAQuarterIn

ProfessorT
I think there are more giveaways about just how involved Russia is in organising these protests. There is one picture circulating on Twitter showing a male dressed in a suit seemingly joining in with the cheering crowd that is probably below him. Alongside him is a man in a balaclava and they are both on top of the regional building in Donetsk. Who goes to a protest wearing a suit? Secondly another picture has appeared showing about 50 tyres in a pile outside a building occupied by pro-Russian people. Where have they got these tyres from? There are also women sitting on the perimeter. This is exactly what was happening in Crimea.
edit on 6-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

The tire tactic was used in the government overthrow in Kiev by protesters. Was useful to barricade the police. You know things are getting bad if they light it in fire.
Yeah but it makes you wonder just how pre-planned this all was. Those tyres for example, they must have been brought in from somewhere and made readily available. It's the little things that give away planning. These are virtually identical protests to those in Crimea before 'Crimean Self Defence' forces took over. What's the odds on the same happening within the next few days if Ukraine can't get a handle on the situation?

Didn't mean to insinuate it didn't point to this being planned. Just musing over the fact they apparently learned from the protests in Kiev. I can't imagine anyone just decides to take hold of government buildings without some preparation though.
IMO, this whole thing is planned.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Destinyone

asen_y2k
reply to post by Wookiep

You will be surprised, Ukrainian TV is also not covering this.

Welcome to the USA...our media only reports what they've been told to report.

Stay safe Asen...and thanks for your dedication to getting the real news to us.

Des

edit on 6-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Al Jazeera is doing a decent job covering this but updates are slow.
live.aljazeera.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
interesting video showing police protecting "Maidan Activists" "Right Sector" from the pro - Russian protestors after they allegedly confronted.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

demus
interesting video showing police protecting "Maidan Activists" "Right Sector" from the pro - Russian protestors after they allegedly confronted.

Your trolling is really something to behold.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

what is the difference between your and mine post, care to explain?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Could you please post that guys tweets here, cant follow so many myself.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Now pro Russian radio channels are being monitored in Kharkiv too, along with Donetsk.

From the radio chatter:

Multiple voices in radio chatter in both #Kharkiv and #Donetsk #Ukraine have Russian accents and refer to #Russia's army as "our army"

#Russian coordinator: We've secured underground passage in #Kharkiv govt administration building. Special forces won't go through there

#Russian coordinator: #Zaporizhia interior troops have refused to obey order of #Ukrainian government.

edit on 6/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
my only hope concerning Ukraine is that whatever has been planned for the country by the world powers go on as peaceful as possible.
we may be on different sides of an argument but I truly hope there will be no new victims in all this mess from whatever side.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Czech leader says NATO could offer troops to Ukraine if Russia goes beyond Crimea

PRAGUE (Reuters) - The West should take strong action, possibly including sending NATO forces to Ukraine, if Russia tries to annex the eastern part of the country, Czech President Milos Zeman said on Sunday.
"The moment Russia decides to widen its territorial expansion to the eastern part of Ukraine, that is where the fun ends," Zeman said in a broadcast on Czech public radio.
"There I would plead not only for the strictest EU sanctions, but even for military readiness of the North Atlantic Alliance, like for example NATO forces entering Ukrainian territory," Zeman said.

Pro-Russian protesters seized state buildings in three east Ukrainian cities on Sunday, triggering accusations from the pro-European government in Kiev that President Vladimir Putin was orchestrating "separatist disorder".
The Czech Republic has been a NATO member since 1999, joining just weeks before the alliance decided to bomb Yugoslavia, putting the newcomer and Zeman, its then prime minister, to the test.

edit on 6-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

#Ukraine MP: pro-#Kremlin separatists are planning to storm a military installation in #Donetsk #Ukraine gordonua.com/news/localnews…

#Ukraine MP: 2000+ Russians are heading to #Donetsk from #Krasnodar #Russia to backup separatists already there

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

#Ukraine MP: 2000+ Russians are heading to #Donetsk from #Krasnodar #Russia to backup separatists already there
reply to post by asen_y2k

I'm sorry but that's messed up. Russians need to stay in Russia, not travel to Ukraine to stir up more problems.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

More on that from a (not verified) source:

TDF @TheDailyFreedom #Russia: Reports say that via #Krasnodar military reinforcements are sent into #Ukraine to support separatists. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnodar #war 22 mins ago 4 retweets |

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

A very provocative move by Russia IMO. If it's military, in any other country that would mean war..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Asen, I know your in Ukraine and I was wondering what the word around there is on the ousted president and his remarks made in his first interview...

In his first interview since fleeing to Russia, Ukraine's ousted president said on Wednesday that he was "wrong" to have invited Russian troops into Crimea and vowed to try to persuade Russia to return the coveted Black Sea peninsula.
Defensive and at times teary-eyed, Viktor Yanukovych said that he still hopes to negotiate with Russian President Vladimir Putin to get the annexed region back.

www.smh.com.au...

I know this isn't exactly on topic with the thread, but I would love to know the feelings of those like yourself that can give insight into these comments.

Does it seem like he is playing both sides of this conflict or could he be genuine with what he said?

And thank you for keeping us up to date on this it is very much appreciated.

edit on 6-4-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

(INTELLIHUB) — According to translated news sources within the country, Ukraine interim representative threatened Russia with nuclear weapons, if Russia does not remove their troops from within the Ukrainian borders.
reply to post by Bassago

That would be hard to do when you don't have any nuclear weapons.

Now because we struck a deal for every country that participate to disable their nuclear arms doesn't mean that they don't have a secret Nuclear Program that we don't know about.We're hearing more and more of countries and there secret nuclear programs,Nuclear weapons being tested!! Don't know about you but this has become a scary situation!! Got my nerves all torn up!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

demus

what is the difference between your and mine post, care to explain?
Hello!! And I would like to know the same thing!! I'm like darn!,what a quick repost!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zackery

Now because we struck a deal for every country that participate to disable their nuclear arms doesn't mean that they don't have a secret Nuclear Program that we don't know about.We're hearing more and more of countries and there secret nuclear programs,Nuclear weapons being tested!! Don't know about you but this has become a scary situation!! Got my nerves all torn up!!

The only problem with them having a secret program is the fact that they would have to test them at some time, as the nukes they did have were from Russia when they were part of that country.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by demus

I really doubt a group of 2000 protestors can resist an army. Or even police special forces.

of course not but the question here is, do they really want to use force against people?
Judging by the latest video clips, they do not. Ukrainian Army hardly exist, let alone being ready to attack people.
In my opinion pro-Russian factor in eastern Ukraine has been underestimated by Kiev. We are talking about millions of people in here who are not in love with Kiev. And they are showing it more and more.
What we are looking right now is a final blow to Ukraine as a state.
Next step will be a split of the country and this is all going to happen before elections.

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join