It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

demus
could it be that Putin will not attack, instead he will wait for the regions to organize referendums and ask to join Russia.

Russia would get all the "good parts" of Ukraine while the remnants of the Ukraine would "Go West".

It all depends how aggressive Kiev is going to be.
I believe pro-Russians will do what they did in Crimea, with a bit more resistance though but I doubt it will be a full scale conflict.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

cosmonova

demus
could it be that Putin will not attack, instead he will wait for the regions to organize referendums and ask to join Russia.

Russia would get all the "good parts" of Ukraine while the remnants of the Ukraine would "Go West".

I believe pro-Russians will do what they did in Crimea, with a bit more resistance though but I doubt it will be a full scale conflict.

I am of similar opinion and I certainly hope you are right (in terms of people dying)
if only foreign powers could have stayed outside but that is just a wishful thinking and not what the reality is.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Some updates as situation evolved overnight.

According to MP Oleg Lyashkav from Russia to Donetsk to aid separatists sent soldiers - Russian military without stripes and markings.

Very reputable tv 24

And one more building takeover in Lugansk:

The separatists seized a branch of the National Bank of Ukraine in Luhansk region in the street Soviet, 83.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR -Separatists in #Kharkiv believe Yanukovych came back to #Donetsk

Link

Ukraine Reporter -#Russian coordinator (FSB?) in #Donetsk #Ukraine: until there is blood we cannot come in.

edit on 6/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Asen, thank you so much for your tireless and objective reporting of the news from the area. It sounds like things are getting pretty heated again. Here's wishing you the best in what must be a very challenging time there in Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Over night the security services building in Donetsk has been taken over.

Approximately 3.40 nights 7 April a group of unknown people entered the first floor of the building of the Security Service of Ukraine in Donetsk region. This information " News of Donbass "to the press service of the regional police. Working on the spot investigative team and established data abusers. The day before, on April 6, separatists seized the Donetsk Regional State Administration. Parallel Sunday in Lugansk took SBU and Kharkov - Regional derdzhadministratsiyu.

Ukrainian Pravda.
edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

pro-#Ukraine activists are gathering in #Kharkiv #Ukraine near seized government building and are already same size as pro-#Kremlin group.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

cosmonova

demus

it makes you think how is it possible for "security buildings" and other buildings of authorities to be captured without any real resistance.

it almost seems like it's all prearranged setup that is playing according to the script: and both sides are playing.

the only question is: who setup the game?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Wookiep

#Ukraine MP: 2000+ Russians are heading to #Donetsk from #Krasnodar #Russia to backup separatists already there
reply to post by asen_y2k

I'm sorry but that's messed up. Russians need to stay in Russia, not travel to Ukraine to stir up more problems.

that is true.

unless there are millions of Russians who are living in Ukraine as citizens of Ukraine...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Donetsk declared indipendence

According to the "island", the speaker announced that from now on set "regardless Donetsk republic. "Now, Donetsk Oblast is an independent republic. Hooray!" - He said. The crowd greeted the announcement with applause and shouts of "Russia, Russia." Later, the speaker said that this decision was taken at an extraordinary session. Later, "National Council" took another - a decision - to join Russia. Protesters across this information shouts: "Putin, help!"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Gunshots fired at the TV and radio broadcasting center, Donetsk.

At the regional TV and radio in Donetsk there was shooting. This was on Public TV chief editor of the "News of Donbass" Alex Matsuka. According to him, people who work on TV were evacuated from the building. "The house was not captured. Live 27 Channel works, but is a film From the editor in chief can not connect now, "- said Matsuka. Also on Twitter " Novosti Donbass "it was reported: Police on the situation around DonHTRK: drove a group of unknown persons made ​​a few shots in the air, turned around and left." Ukrainian Pravda

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR #Donetsk separatists attempted to seize office of the local TV radio broadcaster, attack failed. Channel 5 |PR News #Ukraine 11 mins ago 7 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Natalia Melnychuk- also said that in case of #Ukraine central govn't tries to interfere they will address Russia to send troops for protection.met w/ovation

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
rt.com...

In the Eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk, a group of activists have declared their region independence from Kiev. It happened after protesters stormed a local government building last night.

Mass demonstrations against the country's new leadership started peacefully on Sunday, but the situation quickly escalated.

Pro-Russian protesters in Donetsk have seized the local power building, including the headquarters of the Security Service of Ukraine and proclaimed the creation of a People’s Republic of Donetsk.

Today at 12:20 local time, a session of the people's Council of Donbass (Donetsk region) took place in the main hall of the Regional Council and unanimously voted on a declaration to form a new independent state: the People’s Republic of Donetsk.

The Council proclaimed itself the only legitimate body in the region until the regions in southeast Ukraine conduct a general referendum, set to take place no later than May 11.

The Council in Donetsk issued an address to Russian President Vladimir Putin, asking for deployment of a temporary peacekeeping force to the region.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What will be important to see, will be the Ukrainian gov reaction to the declaration of independence of Donetsk. They lost Crimea due to inaction. Referendum has been set for 11 May. Lets see if Ukraine will give up more land or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

asen_y2k
What will be important to see, will be the Ukrainian gov reaction to the declaration of independence of Donetsk. They lost Crimea due to inaction. Referendum has been set for 11 May. Lets see if Ukraine will give up more land or not.

They lost crimea because they were taken over by western nazis, dont try and paint it otherwise. The west is having a hard time seeing all those "buffer" states get all "red". Lets see how they will try to spin that new referendum...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You know, back on page 215 (Post) and on page 214 (Post) there seemed to be a set of ideas presented by both Putin and the Ukraine PM that were surprisingly similar. For me at least, it was as if in all the madness, there had been common ground on both sides that could have been used as a starting point for talks on negotiations/peace. What happened to this? Now all of a sudden it seems to be a rush to get these new areas incorporated into Russian rule and I don't understand it.

Asen, you say the 'referendum' has been set for May 11? I wonder why it cannot wait until after the Ukraine elections set for May 25 to see how those proposals set forth in the 2 posts I reference above work out. This all seems to be too much like a 'shotgun wedding' to me and not a step in the right direction for either side.

The response from both sides will be interesting.

edit on 7-4-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn
You know, back on page 215 (Post) and on page 214 (Post) there seemed to be a set of ideas presented by both Putin and the Ukraine PM that were surprisingly similar. For me at least, it was as if in all the madness there had been common ground on both sides that could have been used as a starting point for talks on negotiations/peace. What happened to this? Now all of a sudden it seems to be a rush to get these new areas incorporated into Russian rule and I don't understand it.

Asen, you say the 'referendum' has been set for May 11? I wonder why it cannot wait until after the Ukraine elections set for May 25 to see how those proposals set forth in the 2 posts I reference above work out. This all seems to be too much like a 'shotgun wedding' to me and not a step in the right direction for either side.

The resonse from both sides will be interesting.

Actually the referendum has been set BY 11May, that is, it will be earlier than 11 May.

In the posts the talks are about decentralization, what Putin wants is federalization with each federation have huge powers of its own which the Ukrainian government does not want.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR In #Lugansk State Security Office buliding water and light was turned off unian.ua/politics/90492…

Euromaidan PR Yulia #Tymoshenko's presser in #Donetsk scheduled for 15.00, to be webcast live: novosti.dn.ua/details/222033/

Ukrainian Updates 'Counter-terrorism measures will be taken against those [pro-#Russia separatists] who took up arms,' acting prez Turchynov says

Swedenin OSCE-Ominous signs: E. Ukraine provocations & strong Russian military presence close to border, journalists forced to leave.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The interim secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Andrey Parubiy, together with acting head of the Security Service of Ukraine, Valentin Nalivaichenko, are set to visit Lugansk. Interim First Prime Minister Vitaly Yaremawill visit Donetsk and the acting Interior Minister Arsen Avakov has reportedly already arrived in Kharkov.

The coup-appointed acting president, Aleksandr Turchinov, has threatened that counter-terrorist measures could be taken against those who take up arms against the Kiev authorities, RIA news agency reported. On Thursday, the Ukrainian parliament will tighten laws regarding separatism and could possibly ban certain parties and organizations , Turchinov warned.

Ukraine’s interim Foreign Minister Andrey Deschitsa announced on Monday that if the situation in the eastern regions escalates, the coup-appointed government in Kiev will take “much harsher” measures than those on the reunion of the Crimea with Russia. Deschitsa gave an assurance that members of the government are already working with local authorities.

RT

new topics

top topics

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join