It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k
reply to post by demus

I really doubt a group of 2000 protestors can resist an army. Or even police special forces.

that depends on what actions will army/police undertake.

what do you think will happen next?

riot police first?

Here you go:

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine #Ukrainian special forces have reportedly been dispatched to #Donetsk, eastern #Ukraine to deal with #Russian provocation 9 mins ago 4 retweets |

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine pro-#Kremlin mob in #Donestk eastern #Ukraine has barricaded itself inside building and have been ordered to hold their ground. 4 mins ago 5 retweets |

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

asen_y2k

demus
could it be that Putin will not attack, instead he will wait for the regions to organize referendums and ask to join Russia.

Russia would get all the "good parts" of Ukraine while the remnants of the Ukraine would "Go West".

But surely Ukrainian army will resist.

that is the heart of the situation if things don't magically calm down. (reaction of the Ukrainian army I mean)

is it possible for the Ukrainian army to be too intimidated by possible Russian reaction to back up, especially if Russian groups get more organized?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k

demus
could it be that Putin will not attack, instead he will wait for the regions to organize referendums and ask to join Russia.

Russia would get all the "good parts" of Ukraine while the remnants of the Ukraine would "Go West".

that is the heart of the situation if things don't magically calm down. (reaction of the Ukrainian army I mean)

is it possible for the Ukrainian army to be too intimidated by possible Russian reaction to back up, especially if Russian groups get more organized?

Look at my post above yours, the next move on the chess board has been played, now we can try to forsee what happens next.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Well, i have stopped trying to make predictions here. Nothing can be accurately predicted. I am trying to gather all the info I can, and go with the flow.

Expect increased violence and provocation between now and April 21st. The height of potential violence from April 15 to April 21, when the Grand Cross moves into full swing.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The regional administration in Mariupol is now being stormed!

Link

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You know, I'm thinking about what's going on now and wondering why the Ukrainian government don't just hand over those trouble areas to Russia. I know it sounds controversial but it's clear that Russia desperately wants the Eastern towns and cities and Ukrainian police are too scared to respond to these protests. That way Ukraine would be much better prepared to protect themselves with less ground to cover in the event of a Russian incursion. Without knowing the ins and outs of Ukraine's economy would they be better off?

link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Thank you so much for your updates, that is why I come to this thread, only when I see you have posted, the several other posters here that have produced almost 300 pages of Trolling is difficult to scroll through, but your input is so greatly appreciated, keep it up!

This is the only thread to go to for real "Live updates from inside Ukraine"

X
edit on 6-4-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

link   

asen_y2k

demus

asen_y2k

demus

Look at my post above yours, the next move on the chess board has been played, now we can try to forsee what happens next.

CNN, RT and others are covering "missing plane" on their homepages; not a good sign if you ask me.

I am only sorry for a regular people of Ukraine who don't want to be part of this mess but have to be because of the higher interests of world players.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

WCmutant

asen_y2k

Well, i have stopped trying to make predictions here. Nothing can be accurately predicted. I am trying to gather all the info I can, and go with the flow.

Expect increased violence and provocation between now and April 21st. The height of potential violence from April 15 to April 21, when the Grand Cross moves into full swing.

You mean because 21st April is the Easter celebrations here right. You think Russian forces will cross over after easters?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k

demus

asen_y2k

demus

CNN, RT and others are covering "missing plane" on their homepages; not a good sign if you ask me.

I am only sorry for a regular people of Ukraine who don't want to be part of this mess but have to be because of the higher interests of world players.

So is the Ukrainian TV news, not even a single channel is covering this on my TV set! Its weird!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

ProfessorT
You know, I'm thinking about what's going on now and wondering why the Ukrainian government don't just hand over those trouble areas to Russia. I know it sounds controversial but it's clear that Russia desperately wants the Eastern towns and cities and Ukrainian police are too scared to respond to these protests. That way Ukraine would be much better prepared to protect themselves with less ground to cover in the event of a Russian incursion. Without knowing the ins and outs of Ukraine's economy would they be better off?

it's the East and South - East that have highest GDP and industry.
but your theory is very similar to what I have said few posts before.
in that case, I doubt Russia would have interest to push more forward.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine More confirmation that #Russia is planning to intensify provocation operations in eastern #Ukraine before sending troops in. 8 mins ago 9 retweets |

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Lots of food being transported to the administrative building which has been taken over. Looks like they are there to stay. Also note, Ukrainian special forces have been dispatched to the city. They along with leaders of other protests in other cities plan to unite and hold a referendum to seperate from Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine Some police in #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine are collaborating with pro-#Kremlin forces and helping bring in activists into barricaded building 7 mins ago 5 retweets |

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine pro-#Kremlin mob in #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine is trying to recreate #Crimea scenario: seizing govt building, calling for referendum 3 mins ago 4 retweets | 1 replies

edit on 6/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm reading that some of the Pro-Russian groups are demanding the government hold an emergency meeting tonight and organise a referendum so Donestk and other Eastern regions can join Russia. There are lots of Tweets pointing the finger at Russia for these violent protests. At the moment they seem well founded accusations.
edit on 6-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just when I thought this would stagnate and die down, this happens. Keep those updates coming and stay safe asen.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

@StateOfUkraine: Ukrainian officer: #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine is the epicenter where #Russia is making it's move. All #Kremlin resources going there

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine Self-proclaimed leader of #Donesk (eastern #Ukraine) pro-#Kremlin forces: Mother #Russia help us now! We need you! 32 mins ago 8 retweets | 1 replies

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine Some police in #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine are collaborating with pro-#Kremlin forces and helping bring in activists into barricaded building 28 mins ago 8 retweets |

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine Voice of police commander in #Donetsk #Ukraine to pro-#Kremlin forces: we're with you, but will wait for situation to play out 12 mins ago 7 retweets |

The police are defecting.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

ProfessorT

@StateOfUkraine: Ukrainian officer: #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine is the epicenter where #Russia is making it's move. All #Kremlin resources going there

Kharkiv too, a rumour is going around of a planned take over of the Kharkiv regional administrative building at 7pm local time, 20 mins from now.

Plus the security services of Ukraine building has been taken over in Lugansk.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine #Russian agent to pro-#Kremlin mob in #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine: don't worry about the police, we've made arrangements with them 14 mins ago 8 retweets |

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine #Russian agent: once you have enough people in government headquarters (#Donetsk #Ukraine) you need to occupy radio/TV stations 3 mins ago 7 retweets |

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine Voices with #Russian accents in govt in building in #Donetsk eastern #Ukraine: we are not getting enough logistical support. 23 mins ago 5 retweets |

Please note, all these are alleged radio chatter between Russian handlers and the pro Russian protestors.

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join