It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

sparklez

dragonridr

Hellas

Moscow to demand $20 bn from Ukraine, if it brings back ‘zero option’

“Ukraine took obligations to transfer, and the Russian Federation to accept the obligation for payment of Ukraine’s share of external public debt of the USSR as of December 1, 1994. At that time this share amounted to $6.8 billion. Now the sum is close to $20 billion,” says Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).

RT

Thats funny now Russia is trying to use blackmail. However i dont think it would hold up in court so its irrelevant. Because if they go back to zero option they would also have to return all assets they took out of Ukraine as well and pay interest on them including a large portion of their military bases and the black sea fleet. But im sure that would all come out in the court case but what is enlightening is there trying to get Ukraine to agree that Crimea is now part of Russia.

If I agree to buy an item, then I have a disagreemnt with the company, then decide to stop paying for it and the company comes asking for the money, am I right or wrong? Are they right or wrong?

Clue: I am wrong, they are right.

Weird analogy in this case Russia had debt upon the breakup of the Soviet Union there argument is essentially we took on this debt and didnt charge the satellite countries when they left. The problem is they agreed to take on this debt in exchange for their stuff they took back to Russia so im not sure if your analogy is close to applying here at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

dragonridr

sparklez

dragonridr

Hellas

Moscow to demand $20 bn from Ukraine, if it brings back ‘zero option’

“Ukraine took obligations to transfer, and the Russian Federation to accept the obligation for payment of Ukraine’s share of external public debt of the USSR as of December 1, 1994. At that time this share amounted to $6.8 billion. Now the sum is close to $20 billion,” says Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).

RT

Thats funny now Russia is trying to use blackmail. However i dont think it would hold up in court so its irrelevant. Because if they go back to zero option they would also have to return all assets they took out of Ukraine as well and pay interest on them including a large portion of their military bases and the black sea fleet. But im sure that would all come out in the court case but what is enlightening is there trying to get Ukraine to agree that Crimea is now part of Russia.

If I agree to buy an item, then I have a disagreemnt with the company, then decide to stop paying for it and the company comes asking for the money, am I right or wrong? Are they right or wrong?

Clue: I am wrong, they are right.

Weird analogy in this case Russia had debt upon the breakup of the Soviet Union there argument is essentially we took on this debt and didnt charge the satellite countries when they left. The problem is they agreed to take on this debt in exchange for their stuff they took back to Russia so im not sure if your analogy is close to applying here at all.

Yes probably but still, none of us know really what we are talking about and just guessing...

Unless... Have you got the agreement so the rest of us can read it and not just you? Care to share it? You have obviously read it giving your certanty on the reply.

I am sure an honest person such as yourself and upstanding member of ATS wouldnt tell white porky lies now would you?

edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

ATTN::

Let's please stick to the topic and updating events, and avoid bickering: You are responsible for your own posts.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Turkey Threatens to Close Bosphorus for Russian Ships

Turkey will close the Bosphorus for Russian ships, if there is violence against the Crimean Tatars, said Turkish prime minister Recep Erdogan

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Why does Obama have to be a kindergarten teacher towards Russia? I was briefly hoping that we'd get a new president soon that wouldn't deal with Russia like that... and then I realized Obama'll be with us till 2017...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Live feed of the Crimea-Russia reunion mass rally on Red Square

RT LIVE

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Russian lawmakers ask President Obama to impose sanctions on them all

The State Duma has passed a motion suggesting the US President and the EU imposed sanctions on all who voted for it, defying western pressure just hours before Russia and Crimea signed a federation treaty.

RT

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

@MaidanOnline - Ukrainian military unit in Simferopol under attack. Snipers on the scene, one injured. #Crimea #Ukraine... fb.me/6Limgfjnw
Various reports on Twitter coming through now of Russian military snipers shooting at a Ukrainian military base in Simferopol. Snipers are believed to be in a nearby building shooting from windows. I can't believe how patient the Ukrainian military have been but maybe that will change now.

UPDATE:

@edmundflanagan - Shots fired as russian forces storm #Ukraine military base in #Simferopol. 3-4 short bursts of gunfire. UNCONFIRMED reports of men wounded.

edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

ProfessorT
@MaidanOnline - Ukrainian military unit in Simferopol under attack. Snipers on the scene, one injured. #Crimea #Ukraine... fb.me/6Limgfjnw

How can a foreign Military presence be under attack?

I can't believe how patient the Ukrainian military have been but maybe that will change now.

Patient? They're on Russian territory.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Russia's annexation of Crimea can't be accepted by the international community including Poland. In one moment this changes the country's (Ukraine) borders and the geopolitical situation in this region of the world," Tusk said at a joint news conference with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden.

www.reuters.com...

Found this while looking into ProfessorT's update.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Im2keul because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone posted this but here is Putin's speech with translator !

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
How can the Ukrainian army just up and leave Crimea . They have a lot of military assets there. But Russia should give them time to gather the stuff and then leave. This attack does not help in anyway whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The people of Crimea fixed a Soviet-era mistake with the Sunday’s referendum and the will of the people should not be punished by sanctions, said former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

rt.com...

Didn't know if anybody saw this story from last night.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

@grasswire - Armed, masked men fired guns at Ukraine navigational base in Semfiropol,Crimea. At least 1 Ukrainian officer wounded - Ukr. Defense Ministry.
I am just checking the Ukraine Defence Ministry website now for anything official as multiple tweets have said CNN are reporting this and have confirmed it when they haven't.

UPDATE: I have checked the Ministry of Defence website for Ukraine and no reports from them.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Israel Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon Slams Barack Obama's 'Weak' and 'Feeble' Foreign Policy

"I heard voices of disappointment in the region. I was in Singapore and heard disappointment about China getting stronger and the US getting weaker," Yaalon said.

"Look what's happening in Ukraine, where the United States is demonstrating weakness, unfortunately," he continued.

International Business Times

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

ProfessorT

@grasswire - Armed, masked men fired guns at Ukraine navigational base in Semfiropol,Crimea. At least 1 Ukrainian officer wounded - Ukr. Defense Ministry.

I am just checking the Ukraine Defence Ministry website now for anything official as multiple tweets have said CNN are reporting this and have confirmed it when they haven't.

CNN just broke it, that a crimean base is under attack

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That is, crimean(as for non-ukranian) base? Or is it a ukranian base in the crimean peninsula?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yusomad
That is, crimean(as for non-ukranian) base? Or is it a ukranian base in the crimean peninsula?

A Ukrainian Base

Update: CNN just said that 'armed men' have taken the base under control
Update II: Now it's under fire not under control.. lol.

Anyways, you get the picture
edit on 18-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Lol for Peace of mind of some people please refer to Crimea(hence Russia) and Ukraine as separate entities when talking of bases or anything else.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Well, no. Unless its a picture of MSM induced chaos. Thanks for the update tho, sadly CNN is not the most trustworthy here but we need them all. Well see soon enough what is what.

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join